PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jordan's best plays from historic 1987-1988 season

MiamiHeat
10-16-2010, 02:51 AM
35 ppg on 53% FG shooting, 3.16 steals per game, 1.6 blocks per game, MVP, Defensive player of the year, All-Star game MVP...

SQH7_BW9hCI

MiamiHeat
10-16-2010, 02:55 AM
look at 6:47, barkley just gives up lol

Nahtanoj
10-16-2010, 03:37 AM
I remember the Barkley one, that was pretty funny. :P

I always liked the Detroit one though, where he plays the passing lane and stole the Rodman pass then flew down the other end.. that's a beautiful open court dunk.

TDMVPDPOY
10-16-2010, 04:36 AM
his lucky drob stayed in the navy

im serious drob wouldve .... put him on the poster

boutons_deux
10-16-2010, 08:25 AM
It's amazing how 20+ years later, player so much heavier now, and it's not all muscle, and the game isn't much better, if any.

MiamiHeat
10-16-2010, 09:04 AM
one thing you should notice is how all the big men are just CAMPING the paint under the basket.

Look at 1:24, 2:09, 2:38, 3:26.....

no defensive 3 second rule back then. and Jordan STILL took them to the house.

today? look at all the LeBron Wade Kobe whatever replays of dunks and drives to the rim.

You will see all the big men have to move to the edge of the paint, leaving the drive to the rim wide open to anyone.....

if MJ played in today's NBA.....jesus christ :P

Muser
10-16-2010, 09:17 AM
Beast..

Giuseppe
10-16-2010, 10:30 AM
You will see all the big men have to move to the edge of the paint, leaving the drive to the rim wide open to anyone.....

The after affects of Daddy whipping Mutombo half to death in the Philly Finals.

Colangelo went nutty nuts, convened a Blue Ribbon Panel and that was that.

Nahtanoj
10-16-2010, 11:31 AM
one thing you should notice is how all the big men are just CAMPING the paint under the basket.

Look at 1:24, 2:09, 2:38, 3:26.....

no defensive 3 second rule back then. and Jordan STILL took them to the house.

today? look at all the LeBron Wade Kobe whatever replays of dunks and drives to the rim.

if MJ played in today's NBA.....jesus christ :P

If MJ played in today's NBA, he'd have a harder time penetrating the zone plus he doesn't quite have the range from downtown like the players of the present day.

But as long as he has the Paxsons, Hodges and Kerrs to hit timely shots and the Grants and Rodmans to clean up, and the Pippens to shut the other team's best player down on his team, he'd still be aight.

midnightpulp
10-16-2010, 12:02 PM
If MJ played in today's NBA, he'd have a harder time penetrating the zone

Lol. Dumbass Lakerfan doesn't realize that teams only go to zone a relatively small percentage of the time.

Koolaid_Man
10-16-2010, 12:25 PM
Lol. Dumbass Lakerfan doesn't realize that teams only go to zone a relatively small percentage of the time.

This is for Heat, Spur, and Mav fan eye only...especially Mav fan...all you fans need to follow the lead of your team stars and praise Kobe...if Wade, Bron, Nowitski, and Duncan can go on record and do it then so can you assholes...

This one is all about the music:

BJbnDjFZqfA

midnightpulp
10-16-2010, 12:27 PM
This is for Heat, Spur, and Mav fan eye only...especially Mav fan...all you fans need to follow the lead of your team stars and praise Kobe...if Wade, Bron, Nowitski, and Duncan can go on record and do it then so can you assholes...

BJbnDjFZqfA

I didn't watch the video.

Giuseppe
10-16-2010, 12:28 PM
You probably ain't watched much since Kobe crossed 'em up and shoveled to Arty.

tee, hee.

midnightpulp
10-16-2010, 12:31 PM

tee, hee.

I don't watch any of KoolAIDS_Man's retarded videos.

And I bet you ain't been back to the Chuckbox since DoK left you there holding your hat.

Koolaid_Man
10-16-2010, 12:32 PM
I didn't watch the video.

nor do you get any pussy but that's not the point... :lol

The point is Duncan, Bron, Wade, Nowtiski, Nash...you name em and they've sucked it..on camera no less...eventually though curiosity will kill the cat so you're bound to score / watch soon. :lol

Koolaid_Man
10-16-2010, 12:36 PM

tee, hee.

and after Arty's shot...Mid was waterboarded with Koolaid...he still choking off that stuff...couldn't keep the ICE KUBES down...:lol

midnightpulp
10-16-2010, 12:40 PM
and after Arty's shot...Mid was waterboarded with Koolaid...he still choking off that stuff...couldn't keep the ICE KUBES down...:lol

Shitty joke, to be honest.

ohmwrecker
10-16-2010, 12:42 PM

BJbnDjFZqfA

http://s.sfwgifs.com/img/upld/harrison-ford.gif

diego
10-16-2010, 12:45 PM
If MJ played in today's NBA, he'd have a harder time penetrating the zone plus he doesn't quite have the range from downtown like the players of the present day.

But as long as he has the Paxsons, Hodges and Kerrs to hit timely shots and the Grants and Rodmans to clean up, and the Pippens to shut the other team's best player down on his team, he'd still be aight.

*sigh*

anyways, nice vid, the best thing about Jordan was the way he attacked the basket, I dont think any other guard comes close in that respect. I wonder if there's a place to see a stat for that? I know 82 games has it for recent seasons, but Id like to see if the stats show the difference vs his era and vs now as large as I remember it.

Koolaid_Man
10-16-2010, 12:45 PM
Shitty joke, to be honest.

say it again.... truth hurts and it's painful to swallow...:lol

midnightpulp
10-16-2010, 12:49 PM
say it again.... truth hurts and it's painful to swallow...:lol

Okay.

"Shitty joke, to be honest."

I'm sorry if the fact that you're a fucktard hurts you and is painful to swallow.

But admitting it is the first step toward accepting that you have an underdeveloped brain.

Good for you.

Koolaid_Man
10-16-2010, 01:00 PM
*sigh*

anyways, nice vid, the best thing about Jordan was the way he attacked the basket, I dont think any other guard comes close in that respect. I wonder if there's a place to see a stat for that? I know 82 games has it for recent seasons, but Id like to see if the stats show the difference vs his era and vs now as large as I remember it.

best thing about MJ is that no more of his family paid the price because of his gambling addiction...MJ never faced a great defensive team..and when he did (the pistons) he lost repeatedly. Only time he got over the hump is when they got old. MJ beat weak teams with mostly white guys guarding him. It made him look all-world. It's the same reason Bill Russell got all those Chips..inferior competition. There were no consistent decent or good 2 or 3's in the league when MJ played and certainly no defensive players he had to face like Kobe...Players who's teams pay them millions to solely guard and specialize in defense against Kobe...Players who sought to create a name for themselves by playing Kobe tight. "The Kobe Assignment" is /was all that mattered to them nothing else....these guys take pride in guarding Kobe..so they can tell their grandkids that guarded Kobe and was hired by the NBA to specifically do so...:lol

the Likes of Raja Bell, Matt Barnes, Tony Allen, Ron Artest, Doug Christie, Shane Battier, Tayshawn Prince, Bruce Bowen, James Posey, Rubern Patterson, Thabo Shefelosa, etc etc...MJ had only 1 or 2 that he faced night in and night out...on on the other side of the ball MJ never had to face a multiple players, night in and night out capable of giving him 40 or 50 in return like Kobe does...MJ is so inflated it's not even funny...no one can dispute my logic or my facts...:lol

tlongII
10-16-2010, 01:05 PM
best thing about MJ is that no more of his family paid the price because of his gambling addiction...MJ never faced a great defensive team..and when he did (the pistons) he lost repeatedly. Only time he got over the hump is when they got old. MJ beat weak teams with mostly white guys guarding him. It made him look all-world. It's the same reason Bill Russell got all those Chips..inferior competition. There were no consistent decent or good 2 or 3's in the league when MJ played and certainly no defensive players he had to face like Kobe...Players who's teams pay them millions to solely guard and specialize in defense against Kobe...Players who sought to create a name for themselves by playing Kobe tight. "The Kobe Assignment" is /was all that mattered to them nothing else....these guys take pride in guarding Kobe..so they can tell their grandkids that guarded Kobe and was hired by the NBA to specifically do so...:lol

the Likes of Raja Bell, Matt Barnes, Tony Allen, Ron Artest, Doug Christie, Shane Battier, Tayshawn Prince, Bruce Bowen, James Posey, Rubern Patterson, Thabo Shefelosa, etc etc...MJ had only 1 or 2 that he faced night in and night out...on on the other side of the ball MJ never had to face a multiple players, night in and night out capable of giving him 40 or 50 in return like Kobe does...MJ is so inflated it's not even funny...no one can dispute my logic or my facts...:lol

Apparently you don't remember Clyde.

midnightpulp
10-16-2010, 01:07 PM

You probably gave yourself a fist pump after you hit submit reply, so I hate to be the one to break it to you that this post sucks.

Koolaid_Man
10-16-2010, 01:11 PM
Apparently you don't remember Clyde.

Clyde.....:lmaoLMFAO

I forgot about the Kevin Duckworth wrecking crew...:lol led by a massively receding hairline loser named Clyde....

keep cherry picking MJ opponents if you must...my argument stands...MJ never faced on the offensive and defensive end of the ball the level of competitors that Kobe has...PERIOD end of discussion. :lol

Koolaid_Man
10-16-2010, 01:12 PM
You probably gave yourself a fist pump after you hit submit reply, so I hate to be the one to break it to you that this post sucks.

this post does nothing that you don't...:lol

namlook
10-16-2010, 02:14 PM

You are referring to a defense zoning the entire floor. Individual players get zoned all the time all over the floor.

Leetonidas
10-16-2010, 02:19 PM
lol @ Laker fan talking about Jordan never going through superior defenses. They're better than anything Kobe went though. :lmao

hitmanyr2k
10-16-2010, 02:22 PM

Are you seriously proud of this list you made? :lol Jordan would skullfuck these guys. Cmon now. Just because Tayshaun Prince made his name embarrassing a dumbass low IQ bricklaying player in Kobe Bryant in the 2004 Finals doesn't mean he can do the same thing to Jordan. Just because Kobe choked a 3-1 lead to a Suns team with Raja Bell on it doesn't mean Jordan is gonna do the same :lol Hell, Raja Bell was suspended for Game 6 in Staples and the Suns had a injured 6 man rotation and the Lakers STILL couldn't take care of business :lol You really mentioned Doug "no offense" Christie? Is that a joke?

Why was Jordan at 40 years old on bad knees doing this shit to Ron Artest in his defensive prime? :lol

CV52IrBoj90

Why was Jordan at 40 years old on bad knees doing this shit to Ruben Patterson?

c13gfGtUyL8

Why was Jordan at 39 years old doing this shit to Kobe who's playing his best defense? :lol

Y4T8_U4iHt4

Why is Jordan at 39 years old doing this shit to Shawn Marion?

CKKhY4BGhNM

Paul Pierce? :lol

wKS7uZ40kqU

Kevin Garnett?

dmngcHYnfN0

These are guys 6'7 and up in their athletic primes that couldn't stop a 38-40 year old light years past his prime on bad wheels. You expect people to think Prime Jordan at ages 25-30 wouldn't be killing these guys with these new bullshit rules Stern created to cater to perimeter players? Fuckin simpletons on these boards :lol

namlook
10-16-2010, 02:26 PM
Jordan would be great no matter when he played but if anyone thinks defenses are not better now than they were in the 80's and 90s they are delusional.

hitmanyr2k
10-16-2010, 02:37 PM
Jordan would be great no matter when he played but if anyone thinks defenses are not better now than they were in the 80's and 90s they are delusional.

If an undersized SG like D-Wade (whose game is Jordan-lite) can average 10-11 free throws a game on less than 20 fuckin shot attempts I can't imagine what the hell Prime Jordan would do these days. The way this league is right now with refs handing out free throws to stars like candy, no legit big men/shotblockers, and that weakass 3 second defensive rule I see Jordan's scoring average being inflated by 2-3 points a game in this weak defensive era.

diego
10-16-2010, 02:47 PM

awoqiCFWjGI&feature=related

SenorSpur
10-16-2010, 02:54 PM
...and that's why he's considered the greatest basketball player ever.

Often imitated, but never duplicated.

Those highlights NEVER get old.

flamingdts
10-16-2010, 03:10 PM
If an undersized SG like D-Wade (whose game is Jordan-lite) can average 10-11 free throws a game on less than 20 fuckin shot attempts I can't imagine what the hell Prime Jordan would do these days. The way this league is right now with refs handing out free throws to stars like candy, no legit big men/shotblockers, and that weakass 3 second defensive rule I see Jordan's scoring average being inflated by 2-3 points a game in this weak defensive era.

That is a huge understatement. MJ's scoring average will go up by at least 5 points since he will get at least 5 more freethrows per game.

Not to mention, no handchecking. If no one could guard Jordan with handchecking, no one could guard Jordan without handchecking.

Jelloisjigglin
10-16-2010, 04:18 PM
Awesome highlights. He truly was the greatest.

Gutter92
10-16-2010, 04:38 PM
I like how koolaid and the rest of the lakerfans stopped posting their bullshit when the Kobe video where he says "There will never be another MJ. He's the greatest of all time, nobody will ever fill his shoes" was posted

:rollin

cy@

Koolaid_Man
10-16-2010, 04:46 PM
Are you seriously proud of this list you made? :lol Jordan would skullfuck these guys. Cmon now. Just because Tayshaun Prince made his name embarrassing a dumbass low IQ bricklaying player in Kobe Bryant in the 2004 Finals doesn't mean he can do the same thing to Jordan. Just because Kobe choked a 3-1 lead to a Suns team with Raja Bell on it doesn't mean Jordan is gonna do the same :lol Hell, Raja Bell was suspended for Game 6 in Staples and the Suns had a injured 6 man rotation and the Lakers STILL couldn't take care of business :lol You really mentioned Doug "no offense" Christie? Is that a joke?

Why was Jordan at 40 years old on bad knees doing this shit to Ron Artest in his defensive prime? :lol

These are guys 6'7 and up in their athletic primes that couldn't stop a 38-40 year old light years past his prime on bad wheels. You expect people to think Prime Jordan at ages 25-30 wouldn't be killing these guys with these new bullshit rules Stern created to cater to perimeter players? Fuckin simpletons on these boards :lol

It's over for that Nigga MJ man...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/ball/kobemj.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/ball/MichaelJordanKobeBryant.jpg