PDA

View Full Version : Inter president Moratti: Signing Messi is no joke

ALVAREZ6
10-16-2010, 02:27 PM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=832627&sec=transfers&cc=5901

Inter Milan president Massimo Moratti claims he is no longer joking about the prospect of signing Lionel Messi from Barcelona.

The ambitious transfer proposal has been in the headlines ever since Moratti jested with an Italian newspaper that his club's next signing would be the FIFA World Player of the Year. However, the Inter chief now seems to be giving it some serious thought.

"So many people are asking me to buy a world class, quality player. Messi is the strongest of them all," Moratti told La Gazzetta dello Sport. "When I spoke about it the other day I was only joking, but now we will see.

"I am starting to really ask myself that question: to buy him or not?"

Messi is the jewel in the crown at Barcelona and the club are highly unlikely to let him leave. The Argentina international has a lucrative contract that runs until 2016, with a buyout clause of €250 million.

Inter coach Rafael Benitez would obviously be delighted if his boss was able to secure the services of Barca's 23-year-old forward.

"If the president wants to do something about Messi, then I will not oppose him," Benitez told the press. "Messi is a great player and I will not say no."

Inter have also been linked with a swoop for Real Madrid's Brazilian playmaker Kaka, but Benitez claims he already has better players than the former AC Milan star.

"As for Kaka, we already have Wesley Sneijder and Coutinho in that position," Benitez said. "But, if they want Messi then I will say yes, it's fine for me. I will talk with them to discuss the market together."

LOL funny

what are your thoughts?

lefty
10-16-2010, 03:41 PM
Messi is not going anywhere.

Barcelona invested in Messi when he was 14, they moved him AND his family to Barcelona, they took care of everything, etc.....

And Messi is a good person, so I don`t think he will betray them

ALVAREZ6
10-16-2010, 04:47 PM
LOL of course, hence my "LOL funny"

DAF86
10-16-2010, 05:18 PM
"As for Kaka, we already have Wesley Sneijder and Coutinho in that position," Benitez said. "But, if they want Messi then I will say yes, it's fine for me. I will talk with them to discuss the market together."

lol satown

TDMVPDPOY
10-16-2010, 11:26 PM
it all comes down to money, where is that clown going to get the money from? public sector? lol

as for the shit cunt messi, his going nowhere unless barca fails to pay its players

ALVAREZ6
10-17-2010, 03:33 AM
it all comes down to money, where is that clown going to get the money from? public sector? lol

as for the shit cunt messi, his going nowhere unless barca fails to pay its players

:lmao :lmao :lmao
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao
:lmao:lmao:lmao

TDMVPDPOY
10-17-2010, 03:40 AM
:lmao :lmao :lmao

if the price is 250m, they should sell him...maybe use the funds to buy up the players on the spain national team, watever is left maybe they can buy some EPL team hahaha

SAtown
10-17-2010, 06:49 AM
lol satown

I don't know why you're laughing at me when (contrary to what you think, lol) I've been saying all year that Sneijder is the best midfielder in the world. Inter won everything this year, so why fix something that isn't broken? Apart from that, you have Kaka's extremely high market value for an injury prone player, so anybody would be insane paying top money for him at the moment (well, maybe Barca can buy him to add to the many illogical business transactions they've made during the smurf era :lol) But I guess that's what they get when their players, who have absolutely zero business sense, control the transactions by bitching and crying in typical Argentina fashion.

ALVAREZ6
10-21-2010, 01:51 PM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=834573&sec=transfers&cc=5901

Barcelona boss Pep Guardiola has laughed off suggestions Inter could sign Lionel Messi.

Inter president Massimo Moratti has spoken of the possibility that Messi could move to Italy, initially joking about the subject before revealing he genuinely hoped to sign the player.

The player responded that he was flattered that the European champions were interested in his services, but said he believed Moratti was joking and stressed that he had no intention of moving on.

Moratti, though, said he is refusing to give up on the dream.

"Contrary to the way in which his words were reported, Messi was very kind," he told Sky Italia. "He said: 'Moratti is very kind - I believe he was joking but it makes me happy'.

"Anyway, it wasn't a complete joke and the thing with jokes is that you never know how they are going to end."

Nonetheless, Guardiola has warned that Inter have no chance of signing the player while he remains committed to Barca.

"If Moratti give us €250 million and Leo wants to leave then maybe we can talk, but I seem to have understood that Messi doesn't want to leave and a player's opinion is decisive in football," he said. "The last word is always up to him."

TDMVPDPOY
10-21-2010, 03:05 PM
DOES pep actually think his coachin the barca team?

ALVAREZ6
10-21-2010, 04:33 PM
DOES pep actually think his coachin the barca team?

Can you rephrase this in English?