PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here up for a review thread?

silverblk mystix
10-16-2010, 08:50 PM
It could be anything...

Cars, guitars, wine,beer, ...anything.

Seems like there is a lot of shit that we buy, use, read, listen to,etc

that someone could benefit from learning about....

The Reckoning
10-16-2010, 09:23 PM
ok.

ill review this thread.

it sucks almost as bad as double spacing.

i give...

:td :td

silverblk mystix
10-16-2010, 09:26 PM
ok.

ill review this thread.

it sucks almost as bad as double spacing.

i give...

:td :td

what a pussy-if double spacing bothers you that much...

Summers
10-16-2010, 09:29 PM
I'll start. I'm thinking of switching from Time Warner (internet and digital cable) to Grande (which is possibly a San Marcos company... not sure). Our internet is slow and our TV never stops micro-blocking. Thoughts? Opinions? Experiences?

silverblk mystix
10-16-2010, 09:35 PM
yeah...

TWC does two things that really pissed me off and were enough to have me switch to DISH...

#1) they charge you to have your phone number unlisted...they charge you for NOT listing your number (although for you it would not matter since you did not mention phone svc)

#2) they allow telemarketers to have your info--so telmarketers start calling you as soon as you are a paying customer

Summers
10-16-2010, 09:37 PM
How do you like Dish? Does it really go out any time there's a storm?

silverblk mystix
10-16-2010, 09:45 PM
actually I was worried about that...

I have watched games through about 3-4 pretty good storms and it never went out...

once though, I was watching some flick on cable and there was a good storm-and it went out for about a minute...

it just showed on the screen that the satellite transponder was searching for a signal and then it counted to five (0-1-2-3-4-5) and it came back and that was it...

otherwise it has worked pretty flawlessly

Summers
10-16-2010, 09:57 PM
Hm... an option to consider.

silverblk mystix
10-16-2010, 10:07 PM
I will give a basic review of some nice speakers I got from ebay about a month ago;

AudioEngine A5 speakers...

I had never heard of this company but I happened to be looking for some near field monitors and I was all set to buy either some Mackies or some KRK's or maybe even some Yamaha's.
I was doing some research and stumbled upon the AudioEngine speakers.
Every review that I read was full of praise for their speakers and I became intrigued.

These are not really meant to be near field monitors as they are more suited to just regular listening and are not meant to have a FLAT response-as is most effective when doing critical mixes of music and/or using them in a home studio to mix some recordings.
I realized, though, that I would only be doing professional-near field mixes about 10-20% of the time-and the other 80% would just be listening for pleasure.

Long story short-I got these for 310 bux on evilbay...about a month ago...and ...WOW....

these are amazing speakers (for 5 inchers)

I bought the white ones which match well with my apple Imac and there are some bonuses.

First of all ...the left speaker has a USB port for plugging in an Ipod,Iphone or a similar device which is really cool.
You can also charge your Ipod on the left speaker by just connecting it to the top of the left speaker--pretty useful.
Of course, you can also PLAY your Ipod directly through the speakers as you re-charge it.
The 5 inch woofer is made of Kevlar and responds pretty well when the bass is cranked and the rear ported bass sounds pretty adequate when bouncing off of the wall-if you position it about 6-8 inches away.

I tested the speakers first by playing ...Queen -Dragon Attack ...every thing sounded crisp and clear and the rear ported bass was more than adequate
(if you require extreme bass or are heavy into rap/hiphop then there is a 10 inch woofer that you can add as the funds become available) but even without the extra bass cab--it sounded excellent.

I played ZZ TOP's-Blue Jean Blues and I swear I thought I was listening to a large home audiophile system instead of , basically, some computer monitors...

I won't pretend to be anywhere near a decent reviewer so I will refer you to the professional Audioengine reviews but if you are looking for some really nice computer monitors/speakers and would like to have something better that the crappy little computer tweeters...do yourself a favor and check out these Audioengine A5's...

They also have the Audioengine A2's for 199 (or less on ebay) which I hear are pretty awesome also.

AussieFanKurt
10-16-2010, 10:07 PM
How about a review of cuban cigars

silverblk mystix
10-16-2010, 10:12 PM
How about a review of cuban cigars

uh yeah...

how `bout it?

BlackSwordsMan
10-16-2010, 10:42 PM
ps3- 1/100

AussieFanKurt
10-16-2010, 11:28 PM
uh yeah...

how `bout it?

my favourite cigar is the Dip 4. Its yum

dimsah
10-16-2010, 11:38 PM
I'll start. I'm thinking of switching from Time Warner (internet and digital cable) to Grande (which is possibly a San Marcos company... not sure). Our internet is slow and our TV never stops micro-blocking. Thoughts? Opinions? Experiences?

Sounds like you could just have a weak signal. Have you tried a line amplifier?

silverblk mystix
10-16-2010, 11:39 PM

Uh...I must confess I don't know shit about cigars;

Is this a legal cigar?

Is it harsh,smooth, expensive,etc...????

Where do you find them?

How much?

PuttPutt
10-16-2010, 11:44 PM

That's quite a review. Really makes me want to go out & buy one now. :rolleyes

ALWAYS bet on BLACK
10-16-2010, 11:46 PM
Double Spacing is not good for the enviornment.

Cheers.

Ruff&ReadyOZZZYYSTYYLEE.

silverblk mystix
10-16-2010, 11:50 PM
Double Spacing is not good for the enviornment.

Cheers.

Ruff&ReadyOZZZYYSTYYLEE.

Spelling environment correctly is beneficial to my well-being.

ALWAYS bet on BLACK
10-17-2010, 12:01 AM
mmmmm mmmmm mmmm BHO mmmmm mmmm mmmmmmmm

cherylsteele
10-18-2010, 12:50 AM
Have you called them about it?
It could be a damaged line somewhere, or a bad splitter, or like some someone mentioned it could be a low signal and a house amp will help that.
Call them so they can send out a tech (at no charge) and check your services.

TDMVPDPOY
10-18-2010, 12:59 AM
im havin a aloe vera drink

all i can say is, beats drinkn water atm

greyforest
10-18-2010, 02:05 AM
It could be anything...

Cars, guitars, wine,beer, ...anything.

Seems like there is a lot of shit that we buy, use, read, listen to,etc

that someone could benefit from learning about....

hell yeah good idea....

ginobili's bald spot
10-18-2010, 03:51 AM
Spelling environment correctly is beneficial to my well-being.

Hmmmmm...

oh...I am just a pussy who can't read double spaced sentences...

I have a need to be a fuckin substitute teacher and proofread shit on an internet forum...

stop it ...

it hurts

my eyes....

pussies!!!!

silverblk mystix
10-18-2010, 05:29 AM
Hmmmmm...

different thread...

different topic....

the second quotes were for all the tough guys that were saying...

fuck the cops...all pigs must die,etc...

but you knew that and you had nothing to bring to this topic....

and the first quote in THIS thread-was due to someone pointing out MY

bad grammar yet not knowing how to spell environment-in case you were stupid enough to not get it.

Summers
10-18-2010, 09:09 AM
Have you called them about it?
It could be a damaged line somewhere, or a bad splitter, or like some someone mentioned it could be a low signal and a house amp will help that.
Call them so they can send out a tech (at no charge) and check your services.

Unfortunately, I've called them multiple times. We switched to digital 2 or 3 years ago and we love having the extra channels and the DVR, but the microblocking pops up constantly. They've run tests and checked the lines and scraped the "penises" of the coaxial cables. It's so frustrating, we continually debate whether it would be better to downgrade to regular cable, but we really like having the DVR and pay-per-view. Grande is the other provider in town, but we wonder if we'll be getting the same set of problems if we switch carriers. In other words, is microblocking just part of having digital?

SourCandy
10-18-2010, 09:26 AM
Anybody have reviews on unemployment? :lol

I am being "let go" from my current employer. Lucky I have another job lined up for me,however it's about 3 months after I am scheduled to be fired. So no income. Figured I would file for unemployment. I never have and why not right? My current employer said he's pretty much 100% they would give me the unemployment. Anything I should watch out for? Any warnings? Something I should know that will save time and headaches?

Oh yeah if I get severance pay will that effect my unemployment pay? I'm in san antonio so I don't know if that matters.

any advice?

Fpoonsie
10-18-2010, 09:36 AM

I am being "let go" from my current employer. Lucky I have another job lined up for me,however it's about 3 months after I am scheduled to be fired. So no income. Figured I would file for unemployment. I never have and why not right? My current employer said he's pretty much 100% they would give me the unemployment. Anything I should watch out for? Any warnings? Something I should know that will save time and headaches?

Oh yeah if I get severance pay will that effect my unemployment pay? I'm in san antonio so I don't know if that matters.

any advice?

MY advice: Be wary of asking "what should I do for money?" questions in the club...as a chick...w/ that avatar.

Goooood luck!

mrsmaalox
10-18-2010, 09:49 AM
Unfortunately, I've called them multiple times. We switched to digital 2 or 3 years ago and we love having the extra channels and the DVR, but the microblocking pops up constantly. They've run tests and checked the lines and scraped the "penises" of the coaxial cables. It's so frustrating, we continually debate whether it would be better to downgrade to regular cable, but we really like having the DVR and pay-per-view. Grande is the other provider in town, but we wonder if we'll be getting the same set of problems if we switch carriers. In other words, is microblocking just part of having digital?

No the microblocking isn't part of having digital. I don't have internet service with TW, but my cable was fine for a couple of years after I switched to digital until TW updated the "Navigator" software a few months ago. I hassled with them on the phone a couple of times to absolutely no avail, then decided to just take the box in for an exchange (the newer model cable box in my bedroom was not having trouble). Same problem with the new box, so I took it back again and finally got a brand new cable box that was apparently programmed to handle their new software. Absolutely no problems with that anymore.

edit: Summers, here's a thread where a bunch of posters discuss the TW problems http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154764&highlight=time+warner

JJ Hickson
10-18-2010, 10:27 AM
MY advice: Be wary of asking "what should I do for money?" questions in the club...as a chick...w/ that avatar.

Goooood luck!

Nigga quit tryin to throw salt up in the game. She knows if she doesn't get no instruction she's headed for self destruction.

sourcandy I know you're misguided and undecided right now girl. Shoot me a pm and we can talk about how to make us some real money.

silverblk mystix
10-18-2010, 04:25 PM

any advice?

If you weren't let go for disciplinary reasons-you should be fine.

Apply ASAP and just enjoy your checks for three months-kinda like a little vacation before your next job.

A lot of people take the unemployment cash and do jobs-under the table for cash-so to speak...

...but of course that is not what I am telling you to do...it's just something I heard that people do...

Fpoonsie
10-18-2010, 04:30 PM
Nigga quit tryin to throw salt up in the game. She knows if she doesn't get no instruction she's headed for self destruction.

sourcandy I know you're misguided and undecided right now girl. Shoot me a pm and we can talk about how to make us some real money.

:rollin