PDA

View Full Version : The Lakers are in trouble...

Darrin
10-16-2010, 10:26 PM
I am not declaring the Los Angeles Lakers dead. When I say they are in trouble I am talking only about winning the NBA Championship. Considering how last season ended, the age of their guards, and the start to the preseason, the Bynum and Bryant injuries, they are due for a slow start. A team in the West is going to have to grab the bull by the horns and exploit that. Oklahoma City is the most likely candidate considering how they play defensively, the talent they have in Kevin Durant, and the general age of their players (will they be hungry?).

The Lakers are due to come back to the pack. Bryant is not healthy, he has a lot of miles on his body, and will need more help to win a Championship than he has ever had before. Ever. This means that players like Pau Gasol, Lamar Odom, and Ron Artest need to play within the scheme and have career seasons.

They cannot have hubris. They must identify they are in trouble at the beginning of the season (not a strength of teams with Bryant on the roster) and solve and adjust early. If they keep the same dynamic as last season, they will not go far.

There's a lot of what-ifs in this post. But the bottom line is the title--the Los Angeles Lakers are in trouble. Trouble from being considered the best team in the NBA, the best team at the end of the season.

#41 Shoot Em Up
10-16-2010, 10:28 PM
Only a dumbazz pistons fan with no hope for his own team would start a thread like this

Venti Quattro
10-16-2010, 10:29 PM
Don't worry. They will offer their potential every day.

Ghazi
10-16-2010, 10:31 PM
I have a hard time seeing them w/ a better record in reg season than Heat

and for people who say reg season record doesnt matter, Lakers damn sure needed that home court against boston and only loss in playoff series last 3 years was w/o home court

still think theyre best in West though. maybe not by a mile, but still best.

and i hope im wrong, fuck the cHeat

Venti Quattro
10-16-2010, 10:36 PM
I have a hard time seeing them w/ a better record in reg season than Heat

and for people who say reg season record doesnt matter, Lakers damn sure needed that home court against boston and only loss in playoff series last 3 years was w/o home court

They didn't get the best record for their last three finals runs and it's hard imagining that they will have the zeal to get it this year. But I'm sure they can and will 60 wins this regular season.

It's imperative for them to get the HCA though. Say what we want about Miami but they will be a hard team to beat at home.

Steve Kerr
10-16-2010, 10:36 PM
Don't worry. They will offer their potential every day.
It's finally happening!

Venti Quattro
10-16-2010, 10:39 PM
It's finally happening!

I'm watching LAL-DEN right now and it seems that the team's potential is finally being put in to place little by little. However, Kobe's potential is still not that good because he's still got a hangover from his 6-24 shooting. Oh but at least he's just 3/7 today.

Eric Dampier
10-16-2010, 10:39 PM
I am not declaring the Los Angeles Lakers dead. When I say they are in trouble I am talking only about winning the NBA Championship. Considering how last season ended, the age of their guards, and the start to the preseason, the Bynum and Bryant injuries, they are due for a slow start. A team in the West is going to have to grab the bull by the horns and exploit that. Oklahoma City is the most likely candidate considering how they play defensively, the talent they have in Kevin Durant, and the general age of their players (will they be hungry?).

The Lakers are due to come back to the pack. Bryant is not healthy, he has a lot of miles on his body, and will need more help to win a Championship than he has ever had before. Ever. This means that players like Pau Gasol, Lamar Odom, and Ron Artest need to play within the scheme and have career seasons.

They cannot have hubris. They must identify they are in trouble at the beginning of the season (not a strength of teams with Bryant on the roster) and solve and adjust early. If they keep the same dynamic as last season, they will not go far.

There's a lot of what-ifs in this post. But the bottom line is the title--the Los Angeles Lakers are in trouble. Trouble from being considered the best team in the NBA, the best team at the end of the season.

Steve Kerr
10-16-2010, 10:43 PM
I'm watching LAL-DEN right now and it seems that the team's potential is finally being put in to place little by little. However, Kobe's potential is still not that good because he's still got a hangover from his 6-24 shooting. Oh but at least he's just 3/7 today.

I want Demarcus Cousins to play for the Pistons! I want the oil to stop gushing into the gulf! I want a President who has leadership skills during a crisis! I want Chauncey Billups to find the fountain of youth (he's starting to look old)! I want school funding! What do you want to rub the genie for?

Eric Dampier
10-16-2010, 10:44 PM
:lmao:lmao

pakiluva

lefty
10-16-2010, 10:45 PM
As far as I'm concerned, they are still the defending Champs.

Yes, the Heat have made the headlines, the Celtics are still good, but the Lakers have made smart additions by bringing in Barnes and Blake

Veterinarian
10-16-2010, 10:46 PM
I want Demarcus Cousins to play for the Pistons! I want the oil to stop gushing into the gulf! I want a President who has leadership skills during a crisis! I want Chauncey Billups to find the fountain of youth (he's starting to look old)! I want school funding! What do you want to rub the genie for?

I count all sexual acts with people. And no matter how you slice it, I'm not a virgin.

Darrin
10-16-2010, 10:48 PM
I count all sexual acts with people. And no matter how you slice it, I'm not a virgin.

I knew that was going in the quote machine.

Steve Kerr
10-16-2010, 10:48 PM

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

So a "friend" of mine owes me money. He came over to my house the other day and soliticted my help. He said there was 10 bucks in it for me if I did 3 loads of laundry and washed all his dishes. I did it as fast as I could, about 2 hours after he asked, it was done. He was running out of tobacco, so I gave him the rest of my tobacco because he's a heavier smoker than I am. A little short on cash around this time of the month, he promised me that he'd have the money to me the next day. This was on Sunday. So, theoretically, by Monday I should have the money.

He says that he didn't get his check on Monday. Okay, I said, and I left it at that. I ask him again today, he says he has his check is here but he needs to get to the bank. Okay, I said, again. Tonight I go over to his apartment and he procedes to tell me that he spent my 10 dollars on something "we (his other friends) got some stuff and he didn't have the 10 dollars to pay me back." So he promises me the ten dollars on Wednesday. I have a busy day tomorrow so I won't find out until 4PM tomorrow if he's lying to me. He tells me to get a job because I don't make enough money. Well, if he'd pay me...

I've given a lot to this guy. He got meals at my apartment at least twice a week for six months last year. He didn't have cable so I let him watch whatever he wanted to watch, let him stay in my apartment from 6AM to 10PM every night and he was the one who left. When I went away on trips, he sometimes would have a key to let himself in. I subsequently found my VCR broken (brand-new). I even financed a tattoo about a year ago and it took him 8 months to get me 70 dollars for it. I even paid for the cream to keep it from becoming infected.

I want this "friend" out of my life. He's a user and he's found that the milk has gone sour on me so he's keeping other people a priority now that I don't have the cash to support his many habits. Because I don't get pissed and angry and curse in his face, he thinks I'm a pushoever. Some "friend."

Has this ever happened to anyone else? Do you do this to other people?

Venti Quattro
10-16-2010, 10:49 PM

:rollin I'm a virgin?!?

:rollin I need tips on how to get women?

:lmao

Venti Quattro
10-16-2010, 10:51 PM
R-E-S-P-E-C-T

So a "friend" of mine owes me money. He came over to my house the other day and soliticted my help. He said there was 10 bucks in it for me if I did 3 loads of laundry and washed all his dishes. I did it as fast as I could, about 2 hours after he asked, it was done. He was running out of tobacco, so I gave him the rest of my tobacco because he's a heavier smoker than I am. A little short on cash around this time of the month, he promised me that he'd have the money to me the next day. This was on Sunday. So, theoretically, by Monday I should have the money.

He says that he didn't get his check on Monday. Okay, I said, and I left it at that. I ask him again today, he says he has his check is here but he needs to get to the bank. Okay, I said, again. Tonight I go over to his apartment and he procedes to tell me that he spent my 10 dollars on something "we (his other friends) got some stuff and he didn't have the 10 dollars to pay me back." So he promises me the ten dollars on Wednesday. I have a busy day tomorrow so I won't find out until 4PM tomorrow if he's lying to me. He tells me to get a job because I don't make enough money. Well, if he'd pay me...

I've given a lot to this guy. He got meals at my apartment at least twice a week for six months last year. He didn't have cable so I let him watch whatever he wanted to watch, let him stay in my apartment from 6AM to 10PM every night and he was the one who left. When I went away on trips, he sometimes would have a key to let himself in. I subsequently found my VCR broken (brand-new). I even financed a tattoo about a year ago and it took him 8 months to get me 70 dollars for it. I even paid for the cream to keep it from becoming infected.

I want this "friend" out of my life. He's a user and he's found that the milk has gone sour on me so he's keeping other people a priority now that I don't have the cash to support his many habits. Because I don't get pissed and angry and curse in his face, he thinks I'm a pushoever. Some "friend."

Has this ever happened to anyone else? Do you do this to other people?

I thought last year's Washington Wizards were going to contend for the Eastern Conference Crown. I thought the Pistons were going to regret trading Jerry Stackhouse. I wanted the Pistons to sign Jeff McInnis over Chauncey Billups in the summer of 2002. I thought Chris Duhon was as good as any point guard in the league.

Darrin
10-16-2010, 10:53 PM
Op?

Booharv
10-16-2010, 10:55 PM
Op?

Are you aware of the drunken Joe Namath incident? He propositioned a sideline reporter completely covered and simply interviewing him at a game. You call that "a lot of respect?"

Are you saying that Tony Kornheiser should've made those comments about Hannah Storm because she wore a skirt on-air doing Sportscenter? He essentially called her too old for the outfit. No one ever has called him "too bald to be on TV."

Women are treated as trophies in this profession. They are treated like this which opens up jobs to be exploited for their looks. Isn't the culture to blame here somewhat?

Venti Quattro
10-16-2010, 10:55 PM
Op?

You get to wear the dunce cap! There's a middle ground ("We can hang with any team in the NBA. I trust these guys and we're going to win more than our share of basketball games"). He runs the risk of sounding ridiculous. He can lose respect from his teammates because his expectations are too high. I don't follow people that don't have a clue, and that's how he sounds.

If it's in his nature to be a leader, why does he sound like he's talking about something that's not in his nature? Furthermore, where has this instinctual vocal leader been the last three seasons?

It's an old habit of mine to type on a basketball board--I've been doing it for close to 10 years. That's something I started in High School and I've done it consistently since then. I have attempted to change and craft a style and learned to write to please myself, to be honest and comprehensive in research, because I want to contribute. Those things may not come naturally to me, but I have been doing it so long, I can't shake that habit. It leaks out when I have downtime. It's in my nature now, it's consistent. He shouldn't need someone to tell him to "shut up" or "be more vocal." With a lack of quality leadership on the team, who would tell him to stop getting in a guy's ear?

He's just clueless. He's too young to even understand what he's saying. Just shut up about leadership and show some. Billups never talked about being the leader, neither did Cliff Robinson or Jon Barry. They just led and the story about being the vocal leader came after that. But he's got to keep his level of play up because he's one of those young guys and he's yet to prove himself to his teammates.

Darrin
10-16-2010, 10:57 PM
How about this one?

Venti Quattro
10-16-2010, 11:00 PM
How about this one?

How about this one?

Eric Dampier
10-16-2010, 11:03 PM
How about this one?

How about this one?

21_Dickings
10-16-2010, 11:03 PM
We need an Aaron post.

Giuseppe
10-16-2010, 11:05 PM
Joe Dumars

tee, hee.

Ghazi
10-16-2010, 11:21 PM
They didn't get the best record for their last three finals runs and it's hard imagining that they will have the zeal to get it this year. But I'm sure they can and will 60 wins this regular season.

It's imperative for them to get the HCA though. Say what we want about Miami but they will be a hard team to beat at home.

But it wasnt an issue since they had home court in the Finals..

LkrFan
10-16-2010, 11:30 PM
Nah, we're straight. PJ doesn't push his teams to go all out during the RS. We do just enough to get a pretty high seed while PJ tweaks lineups and put players in positions that are out of their comfort zone. He will willingly sacrifice a loss here and there to teach his teams which helps tremendously in the playoffs. If the chance at HCA throughout the playoffs presents itself he will let his guys go for it. We've won rings as a #1 overall seed, but we've also lost rings as well with the #1 seed. What matters to PJ is team chemistry and the health of his players.

That being said, we might start off slow due to Kobe not being Kobe yet and Bynum being out. However, we've improved exponentially defensively the last couple of years, and we're still an elite rebounding team. That won't change even with Bynum out. LO starts in his place and still is an elite rebounder. LO can can ignite a fast break, is a pretty good defender and a gifted passer. Then within the last couple of years we've replaced defensive matadors like Vlad Rad and Luke with players like Ariza, Artest, and now Barnes. Ariza is gone, but we now have Artest and Barnes to augment Kobe on the perimeter. That's great for the Lakers because 15 of the top 20 scorers are perimeter players (16 if you count _irk). So Bynum's absence won't hurt us as bad as most people think.

For all of the teams that are a threat to us, we have a little something something for them all. For perimeter oriented teams, we have Artest, Kobe, Barnes, Brown, LO (for Bosh) and Blake (an underrated pesky defender) to go to war with against them. For teams with a potent inside game, we still have Gasol, Bynum, LO, and now Theo Ratliff. Neither of these teams have both a potent 2-way perimeter game and a potent 2-way inside game. The Lakers do. :toast

PJ is known for throwing out weird lineups, not calling time outs, and slowly tightening his rotations as the playoffs near so that his teams are ready for the 2nd season. I don't see that really changing. We have a true PG leading our 2nd unit now in Blake - so don't expect too many 15-20 point Laker leads turning into close wins or a loss like years past.

Bottom line is the Lakers are still the team to beat. That's why GMs have voted that we will 3peat. I tend to agree with them.

LkrFan
10-16-2010, 11:31 PM
Nah, we're straight. PJ doesn't push his teams to go all out during the RS. We do just enough to get a pretty high seed while PJ tweaks lineups and put players in positions that are out of their comfort zone. He will willingly sacrifice a loss here and there to teach his teams which helps tremendously in the playoffs. If the chance at HCA throughout the playoffs presents itself he will let his guys go for it. We've won rings as a #1 overall seed, but we've also lost rings as well with the #1 seed. What matters to PJ is team chemistry and the health of his players.

That being said, we might start off slow due to Kobe not being Kobe yet and Bynum being out. However, we've improved exponentially defensively the last couple of years, and we're still an elite rebounding team. That won't change even with Bynum out. LO starts in his place and still is an elite rebounder. LO can can ignite a fast break, is a pretty good defender and a gifted passer. Then within the last couple of years we've replaced defensive matadors like Vlad Rad and Luke with players like Ariza, Artest, and now Barnes. Ariza is gone, but we now have Artest and Barnes to augment Kobe on the perimeter. That's great for the Lakers because 15 of the top 20 scorers are perimeter players (16 if you count _irk). So Bynum's absence won't hurt us as bad as most people think.

For all of the teams that are a threat to us, we have a little something something for them all. For perimeter oriented teams, we have Artest, Kobe, Barnes, Brown, LO (for Bosh) and Blake (an underrated pesky defender) to go to war with against them. For teams with a potent inside game, we still have Gasol, Bynum, LO, and now Theo Ratliff. Neither of these teams have both a potent 2-way perimeter game and a potent 2-way inside game. The Lakers do. :toast

PJ is known for throwing out weird lineups, not calling time outs, and slowly tightening his rotations as the playoffs near so that his teams are ready for the 2nd season. I don't see that really changing. We have a true PG leading our 2nd unit now in Blake - so don't expect too many 15-20 point Laker leads turning into close wins or a loss like years past.

Bottom line is the Lakers are still the team to beat. That's why GMs have voted that we will 3peat. I tend to agree with them. :toast

Giuseppe
10-16-2010, 11:33 PM
Good to see Darrin, down off his high-horse, into the shit with everybody else. Venti went earlier in the week, and now D.

Is anyone left of tiffany?

Nathan89
10-16-2010, 11:34 PM
If being stacked with talent is bad, then the lakers are in trouble.

Nahtanoj
10-16-2010, 11:38 PM
If being stacked with talent is bad, then the lakers are in trouble.

So if the Lakers are in trouble, the other 29 teams are knee deep in shit?

LkrFan
10-16-2010, 11:39 PM

Giuseppe
10-16-2010, 11:40 PM
& here I'm thinkin' Darrin is high & mighty (like Jammie used to be before Kori gave him that f'in Award). I'm tiptoein' around him, quiet as a little mouse, not wanting to pull on his cape. Turns out he's a fucking goofy fucker like the rest of us.

Fuck me.

TheGreatest23
10-17-2010, 12:36 AM
When you are a chamionship team and drop Jordan Farmar, DJ Mbenga, and Adam Morrison....then add Matt Barnes, Steve Blake and Theo Ratliff, i think things will be alright. lol

But if MJ was on the team, the bench wouldnt matter.

Man In Black
10-17-2010, 12:57 AM
and Blake (an underrated pesky defender)

Basically means, once he started wearing Forum Blue & Gold, he could play some semblance of defense. To others, he's slightly better than Fisher the Turnstile.

He ain't underrated at all, he's not a good individual defender. He tries but really, why give him any credit? He hasn't earned any. This statement ranks up there with Kwame Brown can be a premium big. We all know his only value was his contract which allowed Heisley to get heisted.:greedy

Killakobe81
10-17-2010, 01:24 AM
Mehhh ...not worried. We will be best in West and have top 3 overall in record in NBA ...
Orlando and Miami will fight hard for HCA ...let them. I just want health. Yes, in the NBA FINALs last year home court helped ...but we also won at Boston. If we can win there, Miami's new bandwagon home advantage doesnt mean shit. If we play the Heat and lose to them in an NBA finals HCA probably mattered little, it means the Heat jelled faster than some imagined. I just want Kobe, Artest, Lamar, Pau, Barnes, Blake, Bynum, and Brown healthy for the playoffs ... that is core of this team.

Giuseppe
10-17-2010, 04:40 AM
It was that schedule last season that enabled us to get home court. Stern gave it to us, and then we went out and executed it. Bryant also had that shitload of last second shots for wins as well.

The road ain't the death knell it was 25 years ago, but, it still somewhere that should be avoided. I cringe at the thought of going to Boston, or, Miami for the first two, especially Boston. That won't work, healthy or not. Too much to chance. Too much hanky panky.

ezau
10-17-2010, 05:15 AM
I agree with the statement that the Lakers will somewhat struggle because of injuries early in the season. For the first time in four years, they will not be the top-seeded team in the West.

However, even without HCA, the Lakers are still capable of winning against Western teams on the road.

Leonard Curse
10-17-2010, 05:35 AM

i want the last great president back for the united states of america john F kennedy !! not these fucking puppets/tools "obama" "bush" "palin=next" who worship satan by sacraficing kids(war) in the desert!!! i want my fellow brothers to wake up and quit being in denia grow some fucking balls and start a REVOUTION!!!!

Leonard Curse
10-17-2010, 05:45 AM

what a moron

Koolaid_Man
10-17-2010, 08:28 AM
Only a dumbazz pistons fan with no hope for his own team would start a thread like this

I see you 41... I been watching you post for awhile...you seem alright man...You rep the Mavs and that's cool but you don't seem like a bitch Mavs Fan like the Mavs Krew...Keep repping lil homie..:toast

Kool will bestow upon you the coveted preach on award:

Azf-Mi-4J5I

LeHeat_Dynasty
10-17-2010, 08:42 AM
Darrin, I agree with the premise of your thread, but I honestly believe no one in the Western Conference Division can eliminate the Lakers, specially not the OKC Thunder who in my opinion has been vastly overrated by sports fans across the nation. The problem however starts when they face either the Miami Heat or even Boston Celtics. While the upgrade to the PG position was necessary and the addition of another defensive minded swing player to take a lot more load off from Kobe's knees was a smart investment, the bigger issue is their frontcourt depth.

Like I've said before, the Lakers biggest obstacle for their three peat championship aspirations is Andrew Bynum's health who is having another knee related injury for the fourth consecutive year. When Bynum goes, the bulk of those extensive minutes will be shared between Pau Gasol and Theo Ratliff. While Gasol is one of the games best low post players, Theo's value unfortunately mirrors that of DJ Mbenga, only older, much much older by NBA standards. I see laker fans overrate Andrew Bynum, but in hindsight, I think its warranted considering the Lakers never won a championship with Bynum.

I know this championship is probably the most important for Kobe's ego as a Laker. His back to back success not to be ignored, the Shaq-Kobe debate continues. Kobe stopping at two automatically puts Shaq and his three peat team success above Kobe's mind.

Koolaid_Man
10-17-2010, 08:54 AM

I know I know Darrin...they must show humility...fact check...Lakers dealt with injuries all last season...and the year before that and the year before that and we still made it to the big dance....from our horses no less...last year Gasol out first 2 weeks due to hammy.....Kobe missed over 2 weeks and dealt with residual knee issues..Artest Plantar Fasitus...Walton back...Shannon Brown hand...Artest hand....Gasol finger....Phil's knee and hip....Odom had the flu during the finals....Kobe's knee and back....Bynum not ready for Finals due to knee...so your thesis while noble and hopeful is flawed...we've dealt with the injury bug as best as any title contender playing this deep year after year can possible do so..and we still rang...the question you should be asking is how will other teams deal with injuries...we've answered the question they haven't...

If anything the west is a bit weaker and as soon as Melo departs even more...we're stronger and hungrier than any younger team simply because history is at stake....and also burying you haters once and for all time is at stake as well...I for one can't wait for the fighting to begin...:lol

Kool won't let you mofo's post shit like this and not be held accountable...sorry...:hat

Giuseppe
10-17-2010, 09:30 AM
Darrin, I agree with the premise of your thread, but I honestly believe no one in the Western Conference Division can eliminate the Lakers, specially not the OKC Thunder who in my opinion has been vastly overrated by sports fans across the nation. The problem however starts when they face either the Miami Heat or even Boston Celtics. While the upgrade to the PG position was necessary and the addition of another defensive minded swing player to take a lot more load off from Kobe's knees was a smart investment, the bigger issue is their frontcourt depth.

Like I've said before, the Lakers biggest obstacle for their three peat championship aspirations is Andrew Bynum's health who is having another knee related injury for the fourth consecutive year. When Bynum goes, the bulk of those extensive minutes will be shared between Pau Gasol and Theo Ratliff. While Gasol is one of the games best low post players, Theo's value unfortunately mirrors that of DJ Mbenga, only older, much much older by NBA standards. I see laker fans overrate Andrew Bynum, but in hindsight, I think its warranted considering the Lakers never won a championship with Bynum.

I know this championship is probably the most important for Kobe's ego as a Laker. His back to back success not to be ignored, the Shaq-Kobe debate continues. Kobe stopping at two automatically puts Shaq and his three peat team success above Kobe's mind.

Just uncross your fingers & toes, motherf'er.

Man In Black
10-17-2010, 09:50 AM
I know I know Darrin...they must show humility...fact check...Lakers dealt with injuries all last season...and the year before that and the year before that and we still made it to the big dance....from our horses no less...last year Gasol out first 2 weeks due to hammy.....Kobe missed over 2 weeks and dealt with residual knee issues..Artest Plantar Fasitus...Walton back...Shannon Brown hand...Artest hand....Gasol finger....Phil's knee and hip....Odom had the flu during the finals....Kobe's knee and back....Bynum not ready for Finals due to knee...so your thesis while noble and hopeful is flawed...we've dealt with the injury bug as best as any title contender playing this deep year after year can possible do so..and we still rang...the question you should be asking is how will other teams deal with injuries...we've answered the question they haven't...

If anything the west is a bit weaker and as soon as Melo departs even more...we're stronger and hungrier than any younger team simply because history is at stake....and also burying you haters once and for all time is at stake as well...I for one can't wait for the fighting to begin...:lol

Kool won't let you mofo's post shit like this and not be held accountable...sorry...:hat

Like they say in the stock market...Past performance is not a PRECISE indicator of Future performance.

Cane
10-17-2010, 09:56 AM
Lakers could very well be looking at an injury plagued season considering their mileage: they've been to the finals the past three years and many of their players have international miles as well. Plus Bynum and Kobe had knee surgeries and Phil's not getting any younger.

Kobe - Went 6-24 in a Game 7 Finals and now has had knee surgery...I only see him declining considering the amount of basketball he's played, surgery, and age.

Lamar Odom - Played a huge role for the undersized Team USA, thats a lot of miles.

Bynum - Seemingly never healthy and probably heals slow in addition to being weak mentally.

Phil Jackson - On his last legs and now he's gotta deal with Matt Barnes in addition to Artest. If it weren't for Kobe, Fisher would've guarded Westbrook the entire first round :nope

Its going to be up to Gasol and the Laker's roleplayers to ante up.

Giuseppe
10-17-2010, 09:57 AM
.....a year off from The Skunker, eh? tee, hee.

Giuseppe
10-17-2010, 09:59 AM
**Kobe - Went 6-24 in a Game 7 Finals

**denotes 16th NBA World Championship

Darrin
10-17-2010, 10:28 AM
**denotes 16th NBA World Championship

That result doesn't guarantee a 17th. If winning the Championship on a bad performance indicated who would win it next year, the NBA would only have one NBA Champion throughout its history.

The Boston Celtics were undersized because of losing Kendrick Perkins. They had problems with energy because of their age. The Boston Celtics couldn't score in the second-through-fourth quarters. The Lakers should've been in a blowout and squeaked out a win. That is not to diminish the accomplishment of back-to-back titles, it's just taking an honest look at the opponent to understand how they might fare this upcoming season.

If the Lakers win in 2011 is up for debate. Whether they will be playing their best basketball of this run is not likely.

Man In Black
10-17-2010, 10:30 AM
.....a year off from The Skunker, eh? tee, hee.
You sure love talking about Past Tense stuff.
Hey, were you this much of an ass during the 90's when the LAL only went to the Finals once?

Koolaid_Man
10-17-2010, 10:39 AM
Like they say in the stock market...Past performance is not a PRECISE indicator of Future performance.

let's extrapolate a bit further shall we...

Let's use the commodities industry as an example. Investors in this industry work year in and out to ensure future performance models are trending upward ...and how do they do this? By implementing a ' slow but steady hand' approach, technological breakthroughs, hiring talented people, and of course cutting deals with foreign govnt's for their precious commodities....same Concept with the Lakers :lol we cut deals...with the league and with players who love the lure of Hollywood and the Pacific Ocean :lol

Seriously Let Kool ask you a question...Do you know why Corporations hire and pay CEO's millions while laying off hundreds if not thousands of lay folk?...you 'prolly' don't...this is where a good college education would have helped you. :lol It's not because they work harder..It's because they believe these CEO's will help increase share value and thus extending the life and viability of the firm.

Same concept with the Lakeshow...injuries ( like stock market ups and downs) are part of the game but we...yes 'WE'...didn't rely on the past 3 seasons success or failure. Like the CEO hire (Phil Jax) ...and the talented staff hire ( Blake, Barnes, Ratliff) We went out and hired some really hard nosed and defensive focused players , thus increasing the value of Laker stock or brand.

But in the Lakers case past performance has actually proved to be a precise indicator of future performance. You can go all the way back to the first Laker title. The history, the glory, the acclaim, all lead us to where we are today...Players having to play in those shadows is nothing but pressure...Pressure to perform and excel. That's why LA has been relevant every decade of the NBA's existence down to this day. When Kobe is done the next Laker great who's already honing is skills in someone's backyard as I type will live under this same shadow. :lol He will look at Kobe's records and titles and he'll shoot for the stars...and the Laker fans will welcome him with open arms so as long as he brings the unadulterated goods...:lmao

But for now as long as Kobe has the we don't lose mentality and as long as Luva and Cully is holding the banner that NO ONE CLOSES US OUT, things will remain the same. Thus past performance in this case is also a precise indicator of future excellence.:toast

Haters hate on.

TheMACHINE
10-17-2010, 10:57 AM
Another "The Lakers are done thread"...i love it cuz i'll be able to bump this shit in a year.

Haters say this every year...props to them cuz eventually the Lakers will have an off year, so might as well keep saying this till they do so they can celebrate when they get it right.

Giuseppe
10-17-2010, 10:58 AM

Oh, you better believe it, daddy-O.

TheMACHINE
10-17-2010, 10:59 AM
Hey, were you this much of an ass during the 90's when the LAL only went to the Finals once?

MIB just mad that the Spurs got swept by the Suns, and nothing promising occured in the off season.

Cant blame him. Its hard knowing that your team wont touch the WCF this year.

TheMACHINE
10-17-2010, 11:00 AM
Oh, you better believe it, daddy-O.

Hey Cul...same spurs fans that complain about past tense stuff are the first ones who say "4 rings bitch" to mavs fan. :lol

Man In Black
10-17-2010, 11:00 AM
Let MIB tell you an answer. All that shit up there means you like to talk with your dick in your hand.

Why you guys still say Blake is a solid defender is bullshit. Just say he's better than Fisher defensively, then I'd agree. I mean the times he was in Denver, TP put Blake is his own internal damnation. Is it because he is now Blake(r) that he gets this much run? Please Mother Fucker...that shit don't carry.

Oh and this->
NO ONE CLOSES US OUT
What happened at the Fabulous Forum? Closed that shit down!!!! :toast

Yeah...that was past tense, but can't be erased because that shit is CLOSED.

Giuseppe
10-17-2010, 11:03 AM
If winning the Championship on a bad performance

Ain't no "If" to it, Darrin. Bryant, in spite of hisself nailed that fucker to the wall. Three suicide drives to the front of the rim in the 4th quarter & learnin' his lessons in that last shot Vs. Phoenix put the Celtics= head first/straight into the earth.

Ask Will:::dems some f'in apples.

Man In Black
10-17-2010, 11:05 AM
MIB just mad that the Spurs got swept by the Suns, and nothing promising occured in the off season.

Cant blame him. Its hard knowing that your team wont touch the WCF this year.

I ain't Mad...I'm elated. Getting swept made the FO realize that BETTER talent was needed to augment the Big 3.

I laugh because you bitches don't really know the Spurs like you think you do.

Moreso, you're willing to suck each others cock on this board daily. Hell....let's just paint a rainbow on this particular forum and call it what it is...
Gay for Lakers.

Let's your ejaculate licking amongst each other continue.
You guys better watch out...in future tense...Y'all be receiving some in the ass soon once your team goes down in flames this year. BOOK IT! :lmao

Giuseppe
10-17-2010, 11:05 AM
Hey Cul...same spurs fans that complain about past tense stuff are the first ones who say "4 rings bitch" to mavs fan. :lol

F'in' eh. They've come to a dry hole if they've come to Cubby lookin' for grace.

Man In Black
10-17-2010, 11:06 AM
F'in' eh. They've come to a dry hole if they've come to Cubby lookin' for grace.

Grace? Fuck that...I give you DISDAIN!

Giuseppe
10-17-2010, 11:06 AM
Moreso, you're willing to suck each others cock on this board daily. Hell....let's just paint a rainbow on this particular forum and call it what it is...
Gay for Lakers.

You guys better watch out...in future tense...Y'all be receiving some in the ass soon once your team goes down in flames this year. BOOK IT! :lmao

Man, sittin', strokin', enjoyin' himself.

tee, hee.

Giuseppe
10-17-2010, 11:09 AM
Grace? Fuck that...I give you DISDAIN!

Hey, you're the one who complained about my The Skunker materiel.

I ain't adverse to granting mercy. I've done so numerous times thru the years when asked. But, you've got to ask in front of everybody.

Otherwise? It's strictly heel & toe.

C'mon, come get some.

TheMACHINE
10-17-2010, 11:09 AM
I ain't Mad...I'm elated. Getting swept made the FO realize that BETTER talent was needed to augment the Big 3.

Gay for Lakers.

Oh no! We dont know the Spurs like you do!! Sooooorrrrrryyyy. HAHHAHAHHAHA

We scared!...back to back champions scared of the old ass spurs who havent been relevent for 3 years.

Do yourself a favor and tank another season, get the #1 pick then come back at us with some ammunition. Right now, you got nothing on your roster that scares any team on the West.

And if the Lakers do go down in flames, it definately wont be from the Spurs. :lmao

Man In Black
10-17-2010, 11:10 AM
Man, sittin', strokin', enjoyin' himself.

tee, hee.

This is you right?
http://www.toptenz.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/verne-troyer.jpg:lmao:lmao

Giuseppe
10-17-2010, 11:11 AM
Lettin' the Suns do ya that-a-way.

And they made ya like it.

Koolaid_Man
10-17-2010, 11:16 AM
I ain't Mad...I'm elated.

what we do know is that Spurs progression has been rapid...in 2007 the Spurs had an asshole the size of a Peach...in 2008 it grew to grapefruit size...in 2009 it was cantaloupe size...in 2010 it grew pumpkin size...and finally in 2011 you're facing full rectal prolapse thanks to the Lakers

side note --> http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/196411-overview:lmao

Koolaid_Man
10-17-2010, 11:18 AM
here ya go...

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/196411-overview

Man In Black
10-17-2010, 11:25 AM
I can talk in the 3rd Person too...

MIB says you're wrong and that 3peat you crave, almost as much as each other's cock...AIN'T COMING.

Why did you provide a link Kool? I thought you were educated when in reality, you're just a googler. I know what kind of condition prolapse is due to a solid education.

You should too, you have personal experience don't you? I mean, isn't yours already done thanks to constant contact with your Purple Knob Gobblers?

Koolaid_Man
10-17-2010, 11:31 AM
Let MIB tell you an answer. All that shit up there means you like to talk with your dick in your hand.

Why you guys still say Blake is a solid defender is bullshit. Just say he's better than Fisher defensively, then I'd agree. I mean the times he was in Denver, TP put Blake is his own internal damnation. Is it because he is now Blake(r) that he gets this much run? Please Mother Fucker...that shit don't carry.

Oh and this->
What happened at the Fabulous Forum? Closed that shit down!!!! :toast

Yeah...that was past tense, but can't be erased because that shit is CLOSED.

I would need at least 3 hands to hold up my massive peter...:lmao

but I will tell you what happened at the famous forum... Magic's Kingdom had to give way to Kobe's kingdom...nothing more nothing less...now take your silly ass down the river walk( I meant sewer walk) ...and do ya dance while ya at it...:lol

wGRpkykI100

Koolaid_Man
10-17-2010, 11:36 AM
Why did you provide a link Kool? I know what kind of condition prolapse is due to a solid education.

You should too, you have personal experience don't you?

:lmao Ohhh lookie lookie...someone please bless his lil ole heart...he has a solid education in getting his ass pounded:lmao

Dude you couldn't have owned yourself any better...bravo...:toast

Man In Black
10-17-2010, 11:40 AM
Nothing more, nothing less...that's code for Forum got shutdown FOREVER. And in that lineage, where is the SHAQ Kingdom? Always disregarding shit like it's the truth...you're just like this guy was. p9w03r5inWY

Self-proclamations again...you've got no game, but talk like you have it.

And outside my door is the beach. San Diego gives that to you. Outside your door?
SKID ROW. RECOGNIZE.

Man In Black
10-17-2010, 11:42 AM
This qualifies for a response to your inaneness.

:lmao :lmao :lmao:lmao :lmao :lmao:lmao :lmao :lmao:lmao :lmao :lmao:lmao :lmao :lmao:lmao :lmao :lmao:lmao :lmao :lmao

Giuseppe
10-17-2010, 11:42 AM
I smell skunk.

Man In Black
10-17-2010, 11:44 AM
I smell OCEAN.

Giuseppe
10-17-2010, 11:45 AM
I smell 16.

Koolaid_Man
10-17-2010, 11:46 AM
Nothing more, nothing less...that's code for Forum got shutdown FOREVER. And in that lineage, where is the SHAQ Kingdom? Always disregarding shit like it's the truth...you're just like this guy was. p9w03r5inWY

Self-proclamations again...you've got no game, but talk like you have it.

And outside my door is the beach. San Diego gives that to you. Outside your door?
SKID ROW. RECOGNIZE.

Originally Posted by Man In Black http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/Style_Templates/nba/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4679624#post4679624)
Why did you provide a link Kool? I know what kind of condition prolapse is due to a solid education.

You should too, you have personal experience don't you?

I'm sorry you were saying something...can you repeat that...

Man In Black
10-17-2010, 11:46 AM
Time for football.

Talk to you Gay for LALs later.

I can tell you, I was slightly amused.

That 3peat ain't happening....BOOK IT.

Man In Black
10-17-2010, 11:48 AM
I'm sorry you were saying something...can you repeat that...

I get it...You're GAY for Lakers. Got it. :flag:

Koolaid_Man
10-17-2010, 11:49 AM
Time for football.

Talk to you Gay for LALs later.

I can tell you, I was slightly amused.

That 3peat ain't happening....BOOK IT.

You did all the work that time...treat yourself to a nice meal...:rollin

Giuseppe
10-17-2010, 11:50 AM
Time for football.

Buh, bye.

LMVICTORIOUSAO!

Giuseppe
10-17-2010, 11:51 AM
Drag the next one in here, Kool. I got the blow-torch, you got the pliers.

CHARGE!!!!!!!!

TheMACHINE
10-17-2010, 11:52 AM
oh noes the 3 peat aint happening!!!!

lol cant even back 2 back

Koolaid_Man
10-17-2010, 12:02 PM
Drag the next one in here, Kool. I got the blow-torch, you got the pliers.

CHARGE!!!!!!!!

yep...we'll muzzle the next one:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/saliva-covered-red-ball-gag.jpg

Cuppycake Gumdrop
10-17-2010, 12:04 PM
I was pissed off last night, so I figured I'd add a little more this afternoon to explain why. O'Reilly doesn't realize how insulting it is for him to take on the voice of the average American. He is speaking only for people who agree with him and he's not an average American. He's not a populist. He's an elite media member. I am tired of Fox News and its brand claiming they speak for me, my neighbors, and are somehow above things like ratings and making money. They are perhaps the most egregious of the cable news stations in framing a story to look like it belongs in an action thriller. They use fear and nationalist images to get their point across and they prove that if opinion is repeated enough, it will become truth. It's manipulation in a time where we need to make hard choices and I cannot stress enough how damaged we are by this "news" source. Americans, in fact all people, get their information from media sources. We cannot make informed decisions when the news is cherry-picked and we are led to the opinion of the network. Minority voices are protected in this society and it helps public policy and debate to listen to a nuanced argument from all sides. This makes my blood boil.

Walking off the show felt like a stunt when I saw it, a stunt for ratings and gossip. It was people using their platform to sell the show and it felt contrived. It caused the audience to cheer and it made me watch the View to find out what the problem was.

While I agree with Behar and Goldberg, the example of Timothy McVeigh is specious. These were not Muslims--they had a specific belief system that led to a terrorist attack and it was a bastardized form of religion. Timothy McVeigh was not making the argument that we weren't Christian enough. His problem was he felt the United States government was becoming corrupt and therefore we had to take military action to avoid living in a police state. It was a bastardized form of the military. Those are the motivations behind the terrorist attack.

To accept that people of the muslim faith attacked us is to include Al Qaeda in the religion. While they may use Allah's name, it is not Islam anymore than the KKK is Christianity and American Pride. That is the argument that should be made.

And to suggest that a phrase used by the President of the United States, one to be more specific to the problem we face since there is more than one terrorist group facing the United States, is responsible for anti-Islamic sentiment is to ignore the 300 years of history on this continent with regards to war, politics, and immigrants. A seed has to be planted before the flower can blossom. Obama's words don't carry that much weight.

Giuseppe
10-17-2010, 12:16 PM
"Timothy McVeigh was not making the argument that we weren't Christian enough. His problem was he felt the United States government was becoming corrupt and therefore we had to take military action to avoid living in a police state. It was a bastardized form of the military."

Turns out McVeigh was way ahead of his time.

- "Her (Janet Reno) mother was a very famous alligator wrestler in Florida, a family profession she herself should have pursued."

- Timothy McVeigh

BUMP
10-17-2010, 12:41 PM
League ID#: 60144
League Name: pistons.com
Password: pistons.com
Custom League URL: http://basketball.fantasysport...om/league/pistons_10
Draft Type: Live Standard Draft
Draft Time: Sun Oct 17 8:15pm EDT
Max Teams: 10
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
Max Moves: No maximum
Max Trades: No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 2
Trade End Date: March 3, 2011
Waiver Time: 3 days
Waiver Type: Continual rolling list
Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports
Trade Review: League Votes
Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
Max Acquisitions per Week: No maximum
Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow
Start Scoring on: Week 1
Playoffs: Week 22, 23 and 24 (6 teams)
Note: Week 24 runs 10 days from Apr 4 to Apr 13

Divisions: No
Roster Positions: PG, SG, G, SF, PF, F, C, C, Util, Util, Util, BN, BN, BN
Players Stat Categories: Field Goal Percentage (FG%), Free Throw Percentage (FT%), 3-point Shots Made (3PTM), Points Scored (PTS), Total Rebounds (REB), Assists (AST), Steals (ST), Blocked Shots (BLK), Assist/Turnover Ratio (A/T)

Chillen
10-17-2010, 01:17 PM
It's just amazing what they have accomplished there in Los Angeles since the trade for Pau Gasol in early 2008. 3 straight NBA finals appearences and back2back NBA championships. Say what you will about the Lakers but they deserve praise and respect. If some team in the NBA wants what they have got they are gonna have to prove it by beating them in the playoffs.

Donkeybong
10-17-2010, 01:59 PM
ebanks is going to be the steal of the draft

namlook
10-17-2010, 03:11 PM
The Lakers have been in trouble for the past three years.

Giuseppe
10-17-2010, 04:56 PM
^Look at Pierce. I don't think he likes dem apples, Will.

muhahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Koolaid_Man
10-17-2010, 04:59 PM
^Look at Pierce. I don't think he likes dem apples, Will.

muhahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

swallowing dat apple whole is never pleasant...

Ashy Larry
10-17-2010, 06:36 PM
There's about 28 teams out there who wish for the Lakers' troubles

Man In Black
10-17-2010, 06:40 PM
ebanks is going to be the steal of the draft

I remember you guys used to say the same thing for Critt!!!
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/14134649/exwizard-crittenton-waived-by-bobcats-in-comeback-attempt

TheGreatest23
10-17-2010, 06:45 PM
speaking of "stealing"

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/zz%20Fantasy/Tim%20Duncan/tdceltics.jpg

Giuseppe
10-17-2010, 06:47 PM
I remember you guys used to say the same thing for Critt!!!

He was part & parcel of the Gasol Heist.

21_Blessings
10-18-2010, 09:10 AM
I remember

lol scola

The Mahinmi regiment round here was quite the delusion as well.

Steve Kerr
10-18-2010, 09:16 AM
lol Mahinmi
lol D-Rob part 2

Venti Quattro
10-18-2010, 10:20 AM
L1K3zYmJ8Jc

Giuseppe
10-18-2010, 10:28 AM
^Then Phil swallows his pride & Kobe's mamba when he's out a work and lookin' for a check.

tee, hee.

ezau
10-18-2010, 09:42 PM
I smell skunk.

by the Viets? You lost against a bunch of 5-foot, slant-eyed Asians back in the 70s. You have no business receiving pension from the government. tee, hee.