PDA

View Full Version : About the game vs. Caja Laboral

xellos88330
10-17-2010, 12:23 AM
Either Tiago Splitter is that good and important of a player to them, or the Spanish League really sucks which would mean Splitter is the MVP of a crappy league.

:stirpot:

Discuss...

EDIT: Changed Euroleague to Spanish League amidst the confusion.

duhoh
10-17-2010, 12:28 AM
All of the above.

celldweller
10-17-2010, 12:30 AM
Wasn't Scola the MVP of that "Crappy League" a couple of years ago?

DesignatedT
10-17-2010, 12:34 AM
That was the worst team ive seen in a long time.

Russ
10-17-2010, 01:43 AM
The crappy guys beat the Zenmaster and the World Champs the other day.

Leonard Curse
10-17-2010, 05:29 AM
guys that team isnt the same as the one he was playing on i dont recognize alot of their faces theres some new players on that team. The exact team he played for was really good!!

Pero
10-17-2010, 05:53 AM
Either Tiago Splitter is that good and important of a player to them, or the Euroleague really sucks which would mean Splitter is the MVP of a crappy league.

:stirpot:

Discuss...

You forgot the option that Caja is just not that good of a team.

Pero
10-17-2010, 05:54 AM
Also I think Splitter never was MVP of Euroleague.

Spurs Brazil
10-17-2010, 07:04 AM
Caja almost beat Memphis 3 days ago

PBEEZY
10-17-2010, 07:26 AM
It's not possible that maybe they just had a really bad game???

spectator
10-17-2010, 08:09 AM
how come espn has a summary for every game last night, except this one? good thing for yahoo sports

dbestpro
10-17-2010, 08:40 AM
That was the worst team ive seen in a long time.

Yeah, it was almost as bad as that team that lost exhibition game to Cleveland in Pittsburgh a few nights, ago.

ohmwrecker
10-17-2010, 10:57 AM
They looked really tired. Just gassed after the 1st quarter, but there are really only 3 decent players on that team and of those 3, 0 are good enough to play in the NBA. They played about 7 minutes of quality ball last night.

YoMamaIsCallin
10-17-2010, 11:58 AM
It's not possible that maybe they just had a really bad game???

Exactly. More specifically they had a really bad first half and the Spurs had a really good one. It happens. They are a good team.

I liked how the Spurs looked, they are starting to get it together on D.

scola4
10-17-2010, 01:37 PM
Yes, Tiago was that important for the team. Imagine the Spurs without Duncan.

Two starters, Bjelica and Haislip, out.

The NBA rules didn't help. I'd like to see you playing in Europe with our rules. The players complained about the ball.

No excuse but the players were tired.

No offense, but I don't think you will see ever this :lobt2::lobt2: up close ever.

ChumpDumper
10-17-2010, 01:58 PM

The NBA rules didn't help. I'd like to see you playing in Europe with our rules. The players complained about the ball.

No offense, but I don't think you will see ever this :lobt2::lobt2: up close ever.So you guys had five excuses.

Congratulations.

DPG21920
10-17-2010, 02:03 PM

No offense, but I don't think you will see ever this :lobt2::lobt2: up close ever.

:lmao

scola4
10-17-2010, 02:07 PM
So you guys had five excuses.

Congratulations.

So far, if I come up with something else, I'll let you know.:dont

ChumpDumper
10-17-2010, 02:09 PM
And I saw four of those trophies up close in Austin last month. It's not a rare occurrence.

DPG21920
10-17-2010, 02:09 PM
:lol You realize Americans just played in Europe, with your rules, and smashed everyone?

scola4
10-17-2010, 02:16 PM
:lol You realize Americans just played in Europe, with your rules, and smashed everyone?

Come on, no need to get in a strop, or maybe I pushed some buttons.

You "Americans" don't always win. CSKA beat Cleveland the same day

DPG21920
10-17-2010, 02:19 PM
lol

jag
10-17-2010, 02:32 PM
The NBA rules didn't help. I'd like to see you playing in Europe with our rules.

:lol

DPG21920
10-17-2010, 02:40 PM
Come on, no need to get in a strop, or maybe I pushed some buttons.

You "Americans" don't always win. CSKA beat Cleveland the same day

Hi KBP

mingus
10-17-2010, 04:36 PM
America > Europe

temujin
10-17-2010, 05:38 PM
America > Europe
Unproven.

US > any european national team.

temujin
10-17-2010, 05:38 PM
Splitter has never ever been close to be Euroleague MVP.

scola4
10-17-2010, 05:50 PM
Popovic interview in local newspaper in Vitoria-Gasteiz, Caja Laboral Baskonia city

http://baskonia.elcorreo.com/noticias/2010-10-17/tecnico-tiene-todas-respuestas-20101017.html , in spanish

ogait
10-17-2010, 07:32 PM
Splitter was MVP of the Spanish League not the Euroleague witch he never won. He won the Spanish League unexpectedly beating the actual Euroleague Champions Barcelona in the finals but the level of play in the Euroleague is a lot higher.

About the game there are a few reasons why Caja Laboral wasn't that great of a test for the Spurs. Besides the obvious fact that loosing your best player makes you a weaker team, they were quite tired because the ACB league has already started and they played competitively on the 12th then travelled to the US to play against Memphis on the 14th then facing the Spurs 2 days later and on top of that they basically had a 7 man rotation to a game that means nothing to them since there real season already started. Also they did miss a lot of open shots that they usually don't as Pop himself said on the post game interview.

So to answer the OP, neither the European leagues are as weak as advertised here nor Splitter is that good. In reality Splitter will inevitably suck just because of retarded high expectations Spurs fan have on him.

scola4
10-17-2010, 09:31 PM
Splitter was MVP of the Spanish League not the Euroleague witch he never won. He won the Spanish League unexpectedly beating the actual Euroleague Champions Barcelona in the finals but the level of play in the Euroleague is a lot higher.

About the game there are a few reasons why Caja Laboral wasn't that great of a test for the Spurs. Besides the obvious fact that loosing your best player makes you a weaker team, they were quite tired because the ACB league has already started and they played competitively on the 12th then travelled to the US to play against Memphis on the 14th then facing the Spurs 2 days later and on top of that they basically had a 7 man rotation to a game that means nothing to them since there real season already started. Also they did miss a lot of open shots that they usually don't as Pop himself said on the post game interview.

So to answer the OP, neither the European leagues are as weak as advertised here nor Splitter is that good. In reality Splitter will inevitably suck just because of retarded high expectations Spurs fan have on him.

Splitter was both MVP of the regular season and the play-offs, the only one since Sabonis many years ago and I don't want to raise you hopes high. If he sucks, give him back to us. Last year Splitter missed some games in Euroleague and the team couldn't get to the Final Four.

The only strong league in Europe in the spanish with 5 teams in the Euroleague: Madrid, Barça, Unicaja Málaga, Valencia and Caja Laboral Baskonia, the other countries only have two teams, planning their seasons for the Euroleague instead of their domestic leagues.
http://www.euroleague.net/competition/teams

Spain is the only country that has opposed to the new Euroleague with permanent teams, but that doesn't interest you.

And finally, you're wrong about the open shots, that's not the way they usually play, but right now Barac is their only center and Dejan Musli, 19 years-old first pick in second round in 2012 mock draft played his first minutes this year.

ohmwrecker
10-17-2010, 09:33 PM
That center of yours sure is tall and really good at eye pokin'.

scola4
10-17-2010, 09:55 PM
That center of yours sure is tall and really good at eye pokin'.

Boo hoo

ogait
10-17-2010, 10:21 PM
Splitter was both MVP of the regular season and the play-offs, the only one since Sabonis many years ago and I don't want to raise you hopes high. If he sucks, give him back to us. Last year Splitter missed some games in Euroleague and the team couldn't get to the Final Four.

I didn't say Splitter sucks, I like him and I don't need your insight about him because I already seen him play a lot in Europe. I'm saying expectations on some Spurs fans are too high for him to perform at a similar level in the NBA right now.

The only strong league in Europe in the spanish with 5 teams in the Euroleague: Madrid, Barça, Unicaja Málaga, Valencia and Caja Laboral Baskonia, the other countries only have two teams, planning their seasons for the Euroleague instead of their domestic leagues.
http://www.euroleague.net/competition/teams

Spain is the only country that has opposed to the new Euroleague with permanent teams, but that doesn't interest you.

Dude I was like the only one in this thread that somewhat agreed with you about the level of European basketball not being so far apart from the NBA level, but are you really suggesting that the ACB league is more competitive than the Euroleague, cause that's all I really said.

And finally, you're wrong about the open shots, that's not how they usually play

Oh ok I should have figured this out this early. You don't speak English too well right?
I didn't say anything about how they played, missing open shots is not a "way" of playing it's just what happened in this game. They made their plays and missed open shots they normally make.