PDA

View Full Version : Predictions: Will Anderson ever average 15+?

chazley
10-17-2010, 06:49 AM
I say yes. I'm actually really high on this dude and it wouldn't shock me if he averaged 18 in a future season. Let's discuss.

Ditty
10-17-2010, 06:54 AM
did those posters really say all those good things about you in your sig? :lol

AussieFanKurt
10-17-2010, 06:59 AM
he needs to get stronger if he wants to average 15 at his position

chazley
10-17-2010, 07:31 AM

Of course, can you blame them? I am, bare minimum, a top 3 poster on Spurstalk. When I decide something is worthy of my opinion, I decide to emit my greatness.

chazley
10-17-2010, 07:37 AM
he needs to get stronger if he wants to average 15 at his position

Strength is not near the top of the list when it comes to things James needs to work on to get better. I see James' future as a SG in this league, however he is capable of playing either wing position IMO and the Spurs need another small forward much more than another SG this year.

elemento
10-17-2010, 07:41 AM
from what I've seen he gotta have more confidence

In college he could shoot from anywhere and he could shoot right in the face of bigger defenders. He seems hesitant to shoot and when he gets to the rim he doesn't look smooth at all.

If he gets more confidence he will be great.

chazley
10-17-2010, 07:59 AM
from what I've seen he gotta have more confidence

In college he could shoot from anywhere and he could shoot right in the face of bigger defenders. He seems hesitant to shoot and when he gets to the rim he doesn't look smooth at all.

If he gets more confidence he will be great.

Good post. However, I think this is just a product of a rookie coming in and realizing he no longer the #1 option on the team. I think if anything it shows alot of maturity, because his shot selection and the timing of his aggression has been exceptional for a rookie. I think the vets on this team are going to love playing with James. Should be exciting watching his development this season.

Thompson
10-17-2010, 09:06 AM
Did Anderson do anything in particular in the Caja Laboral game that impressed anyone (I wasn't able to watch/listen to it)? I would imagine he's pretty out of shape after avoiding running for a long while to make sure his hamstring healed. His conditioning will hopefully improve over the course of the season.

Big P
10-17-2010, 09:23 AM
Maybe when TD & Manu are gone in a couple of years.

TDMVPDPOY
10-17-2010, 09:30 AM
he needs to get 15mpg b4 even thinkn of 15ppg

benefactor
10-17-2010, 09:31 AM
lol

Obstructed_View
10-17-2010, 09:39 AM

I did. Just pretend his red text is blue.

8FOR!3
10-17-2010, 10:12 AM
I think Mike Tyson needs to talk to this guy about confidence.

Fear is like fire, it's a good thing if you can control it, but if you let it spread it can become a bad thing, like if it burned your house down or something.

I do see him capable of putting up 15+ points, I just don't know if he'll ever do that on this team. But who knows, if he develops into starting material after Ginobili retires, I'm sure we could expect that kind of production out of him.

BackHome
10-17-2010, 10:24 AM
He needs to play with Manu who helps players by giving them the ball for easy points and puts them in positions to make the right play. I think he will start off slow not because of confidence but more because he is not yet in basketball shape.

ohmwrecker
10-17-2010, 10:46 AM
Chaz is like the Andy Kaufman of Spurstalk. This doesn't need it's own thread. Should have just posted this in Blackjack's Anderson thread.

Seventyniner
10-17-2010, 11:53 AM
If Anderson averages 15 PPG, the Spurs are a lottery team.

spursfan1000
10-17-2010, 02:28 PM
We have yet to see him in a NBA game...other then pre-season

Dex
10-17-2010, 04:11 PM
I think so. The kid has shown he can score in college, and he seems capable of shooting the NBA three. Just a matter of time before he finds his footing and/or finds the right situation to shine.

I don't think it will happen this season, though. Typical rookie growing pains and limited minutes will probably keep him around 8 ppg IMO.

BronxCowboy
10-17-2010, 04:14 PM
If Anderson averages 15 PPG, the Spurs are a lottery team.

If Anderson averages 15 PPG, it means Duncan, Ginobili, Parker, Hill, and Jefferson are all out with injury and the Spurs are lottery bound.

Waps1980
10-17-2010, 05:09 PM
He will not average that this season or maybe next but he will in the future.
Geez give the kid a break he's hardly even match fit yet, what 3 games under his belt for the Spurs.
Least give him 15-20 games in the regular season before passing serious judgement.

BronxCowboy
10-17-2010, 05:11 PM
I don't see where the shots are going to come from for him to average more than 6-7 shots per game, especially if Splitter is going to score and Blair is going to have a bigger role.

Texas_Ranger
10-17-2010, 05:21 PM
I think he'll average 5-7 points per game. We've got a lot of guys that can score. With Tim, Manu, Tony, RJ, Blair, Hill and Splitter I don't see James being a big time scorer.

AussieFanKurt
10-17-2010, 05:30 PM
I think he'll average 5-7 points per game. We've got a lot of guys that can score. With Tim, Manu, Tony, RJ, Blair, Hill and Splitter I don't see James being a big time scorer.

he gets 7 PPG and I'll be satisfied

benefactor
10-17-2010, 06:19 PM
Some of you guys.......Anderson will have no problem scoring 20 ppg, just might not be till his third year.
Players that averaged over 20ppg last season...Kevin Durant, LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade, Monta Ellis, Dirk Nowitzki, Danny Granger, Chris Bosh, Amare Stoudemire, Joe Johnson, Derrick Rose, Zach Randolph, Stephen Jackson, David Lee and Tyreke Evans.

I don't really see him fitting on that list...ever.

Obstructed_View
10-17-2010, 06:25 PM
Players that averaged over 20ppg last season...Kevin Durant, LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade, Monta Ellis, Dirk Nowitzki, Danny Granger, Chris Bosh, Amare Stoudemire, Joe Johnson, Derrick Rose, Zach Randolph, Stephen Jackson, David Lee and Tyreke Evans.

Agreed. Parker's done it once, and Manu's never done it.

Obstructed_View
10-17-2010, 06:41 PM
Manu is injury prone, and plays limited Mins......Hes also a bench guy. TP is not a great shooter outside 18 ft, that and the fact he plays with other stars has limited him.

Given 36mph Manu would avg 22-24ppg easy when healthy. Again, no one saw Jax as a 20ppg scorer but he turned into one, and is less skilled than Anderson.

Given 36 minutes per game Manu wouldn't be healthy, which is precisely the point. Health is a gigantic factor.

Chieflion
10-17-2010, 07:22 PM
I did. Just pretend his red text is blue.

Yep, same here. Treat that as blue.

Nathan89
10-17-2010, 07:28 PM

Is this just another case of buyer's remorse or did you guys really not mean those red comments?

chazley
10-17-2010, 08:06 PM
Is this just another case of buyer's remorse or did you guys really not mean those red comments?

hahaha

chazley
10-17-2010, 08:09 PM
Chaz is like the Andy Kaufman of Spurstalk. This doesn't need it's own thread. Should have just posted this in Blackjack's Anderson thread.

You are like the Angelina from Jersey Shore of Spurstalk. If you left, no one would care.

Then again, I could be Angelina too...

But people would eventually miss me cause I stir up some good debates on Spurstalk.

Obstructed_View
10-17-2010, 08:28 PM

I meant it if you put the text in blue.

Mr. Body
10-17-2010, 08:28 PM
I'd be very surprised if he ever averaged that amount.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-17-2010, 08:34 PM
Noone has seen the guy nearly enough to make anything other than a random guess.

benefactor
10-17-2010, 08:51 PM
No one saw David Lee, Stephen Jackson, Danny Granger, Monta Ellis, Joe Johnson ever being on that list either, thats why they were drafted where the were.

Before Andersons Injury to his leg that stopped him working out for teams he was thought to go between 12-16.

No one saw TP being what he is, or Arenas, or Kevin Martin or G Hill, or Manu or Scola or Spreewell, Millsap, the list goes on. I will tell you other than Durrant and Melo, he was a better college player than everyone on that list.

Hes a very young player with all the tools that you look for in a SG, if he doesnt turn out to be a 19-20ppg the Spurs screwed him up or he just doesnt want it.

I will remind you no one thought Kevin Martin was ever even gonna be a starter in the NBA.......Look what he became in Sac, Anderson is Martin like with Websters step back ability.

Sit back and watch, this guy will end up being one of the faces of the spurs. A super star, maybe not but an all star type for sure.
lol

Link to a mock where he was ever projected to go that high? And I love how you placed a built in excuse in your post just in case he does not become the next Dwayne Wade.

ohmwrecker
10-17-2010, 08:52 PM
You are like the Angelina from Jersey Shore of Spurstalk. If you left, no one would care.

Then again, I could be Angelina too...

But people would eventually miss me cause I stir up some good debates on Spurstalk.

I don't get the reference there, Spazley . . . but since you are too stupid to take a compliment, I will withdraw it. I thought your absurdity was intentional and I found that funny, but now it just makes me sad. It reminds me of my childhood realization that the clown with the red afro wasn't really the owner of McDonald's.

JustinJDW
10-17-2010, 09:49 PM
Eh, the only way I see it is if we are a sucky team like five years from now, and he's just putting up nice stats on a lottery team. Otherwise, I think he needs to get bigger, stronger and shape into a better all-around player.

ElNono
10-17-2010, 11:46 PM
You are like the Angelina from Jersey Shore

Now I know we're ready for the season to start... :lol

Zero_Twilight
10-18-2010, 12:14 AM
I say yes. I'm actually really high on this dude and it wouldn't shock me if he averaged 18 in a future season. Let's discuss.

Easy, but will he get the minutes?

Will Anderson average 15 mins. is a better question.

chazley
10-18-2010, 01:16 AM
The question was will he EVER average 15+, nowhere did I say I thought he was going to average 15+ THIS season.

chazley
10-18-2010, 01:21 AM
I don't get the reference there, Spazley . . . but since you are too stupid to take a compliment, I will withdraw it. I thought your absurdity was intentional and I found that funny, but now it just makes me sad. It reminds me of my childhood realization that the clown with the red afro wasn't really the owner of McDonald's.

I've never heard of Andy Kaufman. If it was intended as a compliment, I apologize, and thank you. TBH, I enjoy just trading barbs back and forth, and I thought you were throwing one my way. Again, I'm sorry. It's all in good fun.

chazley
10-18-2010, 01:23 AM
Now I know we're ready for the season to start... :lol

Can't go wrong with Jersey Shore :married:

chazley
10-18-2010, 01:24 AM

You should be honored to have a place in my signature. Be proud of it, don't be ashamed.

analyzed
10-18-2010, 02:12 AM
I hope not, if he avg 20 were in the lottery. Remember Manu never avg 20. If your saying he will avg more than Manu ever avg , I see us going to the lottery.

[QUOTE=Texas 2 Step;4680183]Some of you guys.......Anderson will have no problem scoring 20 ppg, just might not be till his third year. He has it all, a great first step, is a dead eye shooter who can draw fouls and get to the line. He is use to being double and tirple teamed every night and was one of colleges most dominate players.

chazley
10-18-2010, 02:29 AM
Some of you tilt me sooo bad... the question is will he average 15 in future seasons, we all know there is zero chance he averages 15 his rookie season.

TheBigFundamental
10-18-2010, 04:28 AM
No way man..

chazley
10-18-2010, 05:03 AM
No way man..

Thank you for that in-depth analysis, Hollinger.

Brazil
10-18-2010, 07:17 AM
No one saw David Lee, Stephen Jackson, Danny Granger, Monta Ellis, Joe Johnson ever being on that list either, thats why they were drafted where the were.

Before Andersons Injury to his leg that stopped him working out for teams he was thought to go between 12-16.

No one saw TP being what he is, or Arenas, or Kevin Martin or G Hill, or Manu or Scola or Spreewell, Millsap, the list goes on. I will tell you other than Durrant and Melo, he was a better college player than everyone on that list.

Hes a very young player with all the tools that you look for in a SG, if he doesnt turn out to be a 19-20ppg the Spurs screwed him up or he just doesnt want it.

I will remind you no one thought Kevin Martin was ever even gonna be a starter in the NBA.......Look what he became in Sac, Anderson is Martin like with Websters step back ability.

Sit back and watch, this guy will end up being one of the faces of the spurs. A super star, maybe not but an all star type for sure.

not saying he won't (maybe spurs have drafted a future 20 ppg all star and maybe I will earn 1 billion USD soo) but :lmao and I like the way you don't dismiss the super star idea

Em-City
10-18-2010, 08:24 AM
Mitch Richmond once averaged 20+ppg....

peskypesky
10-18-2010, 10:12 AM
here's my expert, in-depth analysis:
its too early to tell

Dex
10-18-2010, 01:25 PM
I've never heard of Andy Kaufman.

Your stock as a top 3 poster just severely plummeted.

chazley
10-18-2010, 08:02 PM
Your stock as a top 3 poster just severely plummeted.

haha sorry. I did wikipedia him, can definitely get the comparison in terms of type of humor we use.

I really do believe I'm the #1 poster tho.

peskypesky
10-19-2010, 12:26 AM
haha sorry. I did wikipedia him, can definitely get the comparison in terms of type of humor we use.

I really do believe I'm the #1 poster tho.

#1 poster of stupid posts perhaps

chazley
10-20-2010, 02:30 AM
#1 poster of stupid posts perhaps

Jealous much?

TJastal
10-20-2010, 06:12 AM
Chazley is some kind of bored troll, nobody is that vain without an agenda.

chazley
10-20-2010, 06:54 AM
My only agenda is to keep my #1 poster status by completely crushing everyone in every discussion I have. So far, I have achieved this.

Brazil
10-20-2010, 07:08 AM
My only agenda is to keep my #1 poster status by completely crushing everyone in every discussion I have. So far, I have achieved this.

:lmao

lol we need RMJ back
lol #1 poster
lol old bored troll

benefactor
10-20-2010, 07:13 AM
:lmao

lol we need RMJ back
lol #1 poster
lol old bored troll
lol not checking facts before posting

chazley
10-20-2010, 07:23 AM
lol only bashing me cause you can't have a discussion about the actual topic with me cause you know I will embarrass you again and again and again and again, etc.

Obstructed_View
10-20-2010, 08:52 AM

"crushing" = never quitting and declaring victory. :lol

AlleyOopNazi
10-20-2010, 11:47 AM
I highly doubt it, that would require him to hit big jump shots every game. His inside game isn't where it should be but I see room for improvement. I see 10+ until he gains more strength and NBA wisdom around the hoop. Its still the preseason and the prologue to his career, conjectures are fun to make, but difficult to predict.
He got long arms and a body type that lends to improvement.
:eyebrows

benefactor
10-20-2010, 06:51 PM
What a fucking tard you are! Excuse incase hes not wade?? Never did I say he would be, they are in no way like players. Every mock draft prior to Andersons injury had him going no later than 16....... Im not providing you with links, I follow the NBA very all year, you need to do the same if you want to poke at others posts.

No one can say what he will due, No one thought Wade woudl be wade, and Lee came out of Flr known as a defender/who would be nothing but a rebounder........No one thought he would score 20ppg and he is a God AWFULLLL defender.

Anderson may blow out his knee game one. He was per CHAD FORD the third most skilled player in the draft behind only Wall and Turner....Need I remind you no one even on this board thought Hill would turn out to be a scorer yet he has proven he can be a very good one and is far less skilled than Anderson right now.

I think Anderson will get his shot in SA but it wont be for a year or two. However, I would not be shocked to see him starting this year at some point either. He can fill it up in many ways.
Links or gtfo.

chazley
10-21-2010, 12:10 AM

Did you see Monta Ellis, Dirk, Granger, Joe Johnson, S.Jax, or David Lee on that list when they got drafted?

My vote for dumbest post of the month.