PDA

View Full Version : What things have you done and don't remember skipping a day?

silverblk mystix
10-17-2010, 02:45 PM
I just realized that it has been decades since I last skipped a day of reading.
Seriously, I don't remember ever skipping ONE day where I didn't do any reading.
I have even skipped a day here or there of sleeping, eating, crapping and other mundane daily activities-but for some reason-I read something every single day.
Can you think of anything that you haven't skipped a day doing? And for how long?

I am guesstimating that it has been at least 25 years that I have skipped a day of reading.

I am curious as to what other things we do as consistently.

Cry Havoc
10-17-2010, 03:39 PM
It's been a while since I skipped a day of texting and driving.

dimsah
10-17-2010, 03:40 PM
target practice.

silverblk mystix
10-17-2010, 03:54 PM
Nobody up to doing some thinking for a change?

Only smart-asses.

Darrin
10-17-2010, 04:05 PM
Nobody up to doing some thinking for a change?

Only smart-asses.

That's what you get at Spurstalk.

On topic, I would say it's been a long time since I didn't get online.

Dex
10-17-2010, 04:30 PM
Checking SpursTalk?

That counts as reading, right?

silverblk mystix
10-17-2010, 04:31 PM
Yeah...It has been awhile since I didn't go online either-but I have skipped a day here and there.

I thought about talking-every day I talk to someone....
but I did take a couple of retreats and practiced silence during those times...so TALKING..is out...

anyone else?

silverblk mystix
10-17-2010, 04:32 PM
Checking SpursTalk?

That counts as reading, right?

yes it does..and that is what I mean...everyday I read (a lot of people do)
but I just wondered which things that we do without skipping at least one day.

The Reckoning
10-17-2010, 04:39 PM
its been awhile since i havent jacked it

AussieFanKurt
10-17-2010, 05:29 PM
sex

silverblk mystix
10-17-2010, 06:15 PM
sex

yeah, a lot of people can go for many days in a row (either accompanied or alone) but I doubt if anyone can honestly say that they never skipped a day in months or in years.

I don't remember the last time (if ever) that I did not brush my teeth at least once a day...but it coulda happened.

David Bowie
10-17-2010, 07:32 PM
Benzos (prescription)

I'm close to kicking them though :)

resistanze
10-17-2010, 08:22 PM
It's been a while since I skipped a day of texting and driving.

:lol I knew I shouldn't have bit my tongue!

thispego
10-17-2010, 10:18 PM
Yeah...It has been awhile since I didn't go online either-but I have skipped a day here and there.

I thought about talking-every day I talk to someone....
but I did take a couple of retreats and practiced silence during those times...so TALKING..is out...

anyone else?

gay sex is one thing you cant do without, so that is out also........

Latarian Milton
10-18-2010, 12:15 AM
yes it does..and that is what I mean...everyday I read (a lot of people do)
but I just wondered which things that we do without skipping at least one day.

breathing is the only thing u never skipped even for one minute, quite frankly, and it's the same for anyone tbh.

Latarian Milton
10-18-2010, 12:18 AM
yeah, a lot of people can go for many days in a row (either accompanied or alone) but I doubt if anyone can honestly say that they never skipped a day in months or in years.

I don't remember the last time (if ever) that I did not brush my teeth at least once a day...but it coulda happened.

im 9yr old and im a virgin. I never done no sex at all tbh. not-doing-sex is the one thing I've done without ever skipping one day tbh, if masturbation doesnt count as sex.

AussieFanKurt
10-18-2010, 12:19 AM
im 9yr old and im a virgin. I never done no sex at all tbh. not-doing-sex is the one thing I've done without ever skipping one day tbh, if masturbation doesnt count as sex.

thought you fucked chicks on their period?

4>0rings
10-18-2010, 12:30 AM
Tazering an elderly man in his home with backup.

phyzik
10-18-2010, 02:20 AM
I cant remember the last time I went to bed before 1am.... no matter how tired I get, I just cant fall asleep eariler then that, even though I have to wake up at 6am.

Sometimes Im up until 3am.... and its looking that way tonight.

AussieFanKurt
10-18-2010, 02:24 AM
I cant remember the last time I went to bed before 1am.... no matter how tired I get, I just cant fall asleep eariler then that, even though I have to wake up at 6am.

Sometimes Im up until 3am.... and its looking that way tonight.

wow, have you got used to living on no sleep? i saw a study that showed people who got 6/7 hrs of sleep to have a lower death rate than those who get more than 8 hrs.
http://health.ucsd.edu/news/2002/02_08_Kripke.html

ALWAYS bet on BLACK
10-18-2010, 03:20 AM
READING

-BOOKS
-MAGAZINES
-NEWSPAPERS

is gay

READING

is ok

silverblk mystix
10-18-2010, 06:41 PM
It's been a while since I skipped a day of Sexting and driving.

fify :toast

ploto
10-18-2010, 09:43 PM

That is what I thought of-- have to brush my teeth in the morning before I can do anything else.

ALVAREZ6
10-18-2010, 11:35 PM
putting on some type of footwear

I honestly cannot remember a day when I haven't done this

phyzik
10-19-2010, 12:36 AM
putting on some type of footwear

I honestly cannot remember a day when I haven't done this

Seriously?

You have never been so lazy that you just chill around the house barefoot?

I can remember staying in bed for an entire day just playing video games, never even taking a shower that particular day. :lol

Of course, I was sick on those days, but still....

phyzik
10-19-2010, 12:38 AM
wow, have you got used to living on no sleep? i saw a study that showed people who got 6/7 hrs of sleep to have a lower death rate than those who get more than 8 hrs.
http://health.ucsd.edu/news/2002/02_08_Kripke.html

I think I've got it balanced out with my constant beer drinking.... Dont think Im going to live longer than 65-70 yrs (if even that) unless the technological cingularity happens within that time and my concience is transfered to a machine. :lol

Honestly, I dont think I want to live past the age of 65. In fact, 57 is the maximum age I hope to live to. Not that I would off myself at that point, I just think thats a good age to go.... Just getting to the point where you cant have some crazy fun. Im more scared of being incapable of enjoying life the way I do now, than I am of death.

silverblk mystix
10-19-2010, 05:25 AM
I think I've got it balanced out with my constant beer drinking.... Dont think Im going to live longer than 65-70 yrs (if even that) unless the technological cingularity happens within that time and my concience is transfered to a machine. :lol

Honestly, I dont think I want to live past the age of 65. In fact, 57 is the maximum age I hope to live to. Not that I would off myself at that point, I just think thats a good age to go.... Just getting to the point where you cant have some crazy fun. Im more scared of being incapable of enjoying life the way I do now, than I am of death.

I don't know about that dying at 57 thing...

Pete Townsend of The Who famously wrote in a song when they were young...

``hope I die before I get old''

..and if you ask him today...he would not agree with that lyric any more...

57 is still pretty young IMO

ALVAREZ6
10-19-2010, 11:24 AM
I don't know about that dying at 57 thing...

Pete Townsend of The Who famously wrote in a song when they were young...

``hope I die before I get old''

..and if you ask him today...he would not agree with that lyric any more...

57 is still pretty young IMO

:tu

mrsmaalox
10-19-2010, 12:51 PM
At least for the last 16 years that I have been somebody's mother, not a single day has gone by that I haven't taken care of or done something for someone other than myself.

silverblk mystix
10-19-2010, 04:21 PM
At least for the last 16 years that I have been somebody's mother, not a single day has gone by that I haven't taken care of or done something for someone other than myself.

Sounds like a good time to take a little weekend getaway for yourself and do the spa/massage/contemplation/spoil yourself thing.

silverblk mystix
10-19-2010, 07:23 PM
:lol

Oh I am willing to bet-she skipped one or two days in the past 10 years or so.....:lol

mrsmaalox
10-19-2010, 11:07 PM
Sounds like a good time to take a little weekend getaway for yourself and do the spa/massage/contemplation/spoil yourself thing.

Well I don't mind if I do :toast

Really I didn't mean to come off as long-suffering or self-pitying, I have a very comfortable life and get plenty of pampering. I just meant that not a day has gone by in the last 16 years that I haven't done something for someone else; er, maybe I didn't read the question correctly?

silverblk mystix
10-20-2010, 05:22 AM
Well I don't mind if I do :toast

Really I didn't mean to come off as long-suffering or self-pitying, I have a very comfortable life and get plenty of pampering. I just meant that not a day has gone by in the last 16 years that I haven't done something for someone else; er, maybe I didn't read the question correctly?

No, you read it right. It is something that you don't remember skipping a day from. Yes, a parent very rarely skips a day from caretaking.