PDA

View Full Version : I saw a big ol' dagum UFO last night

Fat Bones
10-17-2010, 02:56 PM
Seriously, my neighbor and I, as well as our sons and their friends witnessed a sighting around 6pm, about 30 degrees off the horizon, in the east, north eastern San Antonio sky. First two glowing orbs, then as many as 8 were sighted. They did not behave like any aircraft I've ever seen, and I am in the industry. I've also lived next to an airport or airbase my entire life. I've never seen anything like these. I first thought they were weather balloons, satellites, or early evening stars/planet. If they were stars, they would have gained intensity as the sun went down, they didn't. Satellites track across the sky in a few minutes, or remain geo-stationary. Weather balloons would track with the wind currents.

These would remain stationary for several minutes, and then move in different positions, and remain there for awhile. The first two sighted remained in their respective positions for about a half hour, a few degrees apart, and then we saw them cross each other in the sky, directly in line, and then when they reached the original distance apart they stopped and remained in the new locations until they faded from view. We didn't have any special lenses, but we did briefly catch it on video. I will post it when my neighbor uploads it. It was very similar to this:

http://ufoclearinghouse.webs.com/apps/blog/show/2569614-san-antonio-ufo-sighting

We called the FAA (no answer), airport(recording), and Randolph AFB(a polite "we'll look into it" and a promise to contact the airport about anomalies).

Whatever it was, it was really amazing to witness.

PakiDan
10-17-2010, 03:18 PM
Seriously, my neighbor and I, as well as our sons and their friends witnessed a sighting around 6pm, about 30 degrees off the horizon, in the east, north eastern San Antonio sky. First two glowing orbs, then as many as 8 were sighted. They did not behave like any aircraft I've ever seen, and I am in the industry. I've also lived next to an airport or airbase my entire life. I've never seen anything like these. I first thought they were weather balloons, satellites, or early evening stars/planet. If they were stars, they would have gained intensity as the sun went down, they didn't. Satellites track across the sky in a few minutes, or remain geo-stationary. Weather balloons would track with the wind currents.

These would remain stationary for several minutes, and then move in different positions, and remain there for awhile. The first two sighted remained in their respective positions for about a half hour, a few degrees apart, and then we saw them cross each other in the sky, directly in line, and then when they reached the original distance apart they stopped and remained in the new locations until they faded from view. We didn't have any special lenses, but we did briefly catch it on video. I will post it when my neighbor uploads it. It was very similar to this:

http://ufoclearinghouse.webs.com/apps/blog/show/2569614-san-antonio-ufo-sighting

We called the FAA (no answer), airport(recording), and Randolph AFB(a polite "we'll look into it" and a promise to contact the airport about anomalies).

Whatever it was, it was really amazing to witness.

You sure it wasn't a group of Blackhawks training over Camp Bullis???

TDMVPDPOY
10-17-2010, 03:21 PM
it was the ship that meant to take you to that planet to vs predator,

Fat Bones
10-17-2010, 03:35 PM
You sure it wasn't a group of Blackhawks training over Camp Bullis???

I worked on H-2 and H-60s in the Navy, these were not helicopters. I'm leaning towards super high altitude drones.

Originally posted by Trenchant_Troll
Really out of focus and shaky pics and/or video or it didn't happen.

As ordered...pause at 17 seconds and you begin to see the pair that later do the intersecting maneuver, and at 18 and 19 seconds there is a somewhat clear shot of one of them.
3r3806fP2Zo

This video was shot locally the same day by somebody else...
VbKXwJScu7I

MannyIsGod
10-17-2010, 04:14 PM
:lmao @ the music on the 2nd video.

Chomag
10-17-2010, 05:17 PM
Not saying what it could or couldn't be I just don't know but it's definitely interesting to say the least.

Zelophehad
10-17-2010, 05:31 PM
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4111/4946040043_38abdcd59e.jpg

rr2418
10-17-2010, 06:22 PM
:lmao @ the music on the 2nd video.

I liked the music!! When San Antonio had a New Age radio station I listened to music similar to this. Very relaxing...:toast

fraga
10-17-2010, 06:51 PM
Probably just swamp gas...

thispego
10-17-2010, 10:13 PM
why cant these fuckin idiots steady their cameras?

The_Worlds_finest
10-17-2010, 11:06 PM
During a road trip to Florida one year I am pretty sure I saw a UFO too. I can remember the whole sequence. We were east bound on ten. My Dad says out loud were about to drive past NASA, and almost at that moment a White light zip across the sky. There was an over cast so I could see what it was other then a white light behind the clouds that was hauling ass.

@op nice video. I have always said to myself if UFO's exist we would start seeing more recordings of them since the majority of the worlds population has cameras now. Surely enough we see them caught almost monthly now.

pawe
10-17-2010, 11:07 PM
First was in Manhattan, now SA. The retired NORAD officer might be on to something.

MaNuMaNiAc
10-17-2010, 11:14 PM
why is it that UFO sightings always happen to people who have the pulse of a fucking 90 year old woman...

TimDunkem
10-18-2010, 11:30 AM
They're here.

Wild Cobra
10-18-2010, 01:39 PM
This video was shot locally the same day by somebody else...
VbKXwJScu7I
I hope their inertial dampers were working at 100%, else they are dead inside.

Seriously though, looks like the camera was moving fast, or vibrating small amounts.

Wild Cobra
10-18-2010, 01:40 PM
Looks like someone lost a large helium balloon.

Wild Cobra
10-18-2010, 01:42 PM
why cant these fuckin idiots steady their cameras?
I think they do that purposely, so you can't see what it really is.

mrsmaalox
10-18-2010, 01:59 PM
My dad was an electrical engineer in telemetry at White Sands Missile Range in the 70's and that looks exactly like those giant mylar type balloons they used to launch with all sorts of radios attached. He used to take us out on launch nights when they'd be setting off rockets and balloons; it was cool :tu

Wild Cobra
10-18-2010, 02:02 PM
My dad was an electrical engineer in telemetry at White Sands Missile Range in the 70's and that looks exactly like those giant mylar type balloons they used to launch with all sorts of radios attached. He used to take us out on launch nights when they'd be setting off rockets and balloons; it was cool :tu
Yes, they still use balloons today.

If this organization was serious in spotting UFO's, you would think that they knew how to keep their camera equipment steady.

Wild Cobra
10-18-2010, 02:04 PM
Anyway, it was an Unidentified Flying Object, until someone identifies it.

xellos88330
10-18-2010, 03:57 PM
It doesn't look stable enough to be any sort of aircraft. It looks like a balloon to me.

Besides, it was my birthday on the 16th, so I highly doubt that my family would come to visit me in such a ridiculous and unsubtle fashion.

:P

Latarian Milton
10-18-2010, 08:40 PM
UFOs are real as everything tbh. they just look somewhat odd levitating in the sky because humans have little knowledge about how a UFO works. An UFO squirts no shit out of itself, which is unexplainable for the existing physics theories. in conventional view, it has to squirt out something to offset gravity so as to levitate. the most basic principles need some refreshing work tbh, cuz they're not so perfect as we think.

Nathan Explosion
10-18-2010, 09:36 PM
Yes, they still use balloons today.

If this organization was serious in spotting UFO's, you would think that they knew how to keep their camera equipment steady.

I wasn't there but it looks like the camera is using an extended optical zoom or digital zoom to try and show what the object is.

When that happens, any slight movement of the handed is magnified exponentially. When using that sort of zoom, you better have a tripod handy, or else, even a slight movement looks like a giant jump.

Spurminator
10-19-2010, 12:54 PM
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/comment/4/2010/10/b80fd940668a6b71a969d59e696fdb05/original.jpg

Wild Cobra
10-20-2010, 05:55 PM
I wasn't there but it looks like the camera is using an extended optical zoom or digital zoom to try and show what the object is.

When that happens, any slight movement of the handed is magnified exponentially. When using that sort of zoom, you better have a tripod handy, or else, even a slight movement looks like a giant jump.
Yes, I know. I've only gone to 2000 mm myself, but I haven't had that much trouble. I think if you're going much beyond that, there is no way to tell what you are seeing at that distance anyway. Not when it's so small still. Without really expensive lenses, the lens distortion alone will give false images. If someone can buy expensive enough lenses for the task, they can buy a stabilizer too.

Nathan Explosion
10-21-2010, 12:29 AM
Yes, I know. I've only gone to 2000 mm myself, but I haven't had that much trouble. I think if you're going much beyond that, there is no way to tell what you are seeing at that distance anyway. Not when it's so small still. Without really expensive lenses, the lens distortion alone will give false images. If someone can buy expensive enough lenses for the task, they can buy a stabilizer too.

These people are probably using the digital zoom on their handheld video cameras. I don't think they're thinking about telephoto lenses with large apertures, tripods and stabilizers. Especially considering how excited they are, or if they even know of such things.

lefty
10-21-2010, 10:15 AM
Damn

daspurs
10-21-2010, 10:25 AM
http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhIvGAWP4tWceDnFn1 :wow:wow:wow:wow:wow

lefty
10-21-2010, 11:13 AM
IyJDIIzHSb0

I4go5YKH_Pg

daspurs
10-21-2010, 11:18 AM
Great lets see if my paranoid ass can even sleep tonight