PDA

View Full Version : Wayne Rooney declares his intention to walk out on Manchester United

Libri
10-17-2010, 06:32 PM
Wayne Rooney declares his intention to walk out on Manchester United

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/oct/17/wayne-rooney-manchester-united

Sense
10-17-2010, 06:32 PM
This would be great for Chicharito... GTFO!

ALVAREZ6
10-17-2010, 08:42 PM
What's up with all these player-manager problems in the soccer world? There definitely seems to be less professionalism, players and coaches won't hesitate to criticize each other for a second, often in vulgar fashion. I'm not sure if it has more to do with European culture compared to the American sports world where there's a widespread attempt in all or most of the sports to keep strict professionalism within franchises.

Sir Alex, Guardiola, Mancini...all of these guys have had several superstars where they couldn't keep a decent relationship.

Anyone else also think it's getting ridiculous? It's noteworthy nonetheless

MaNuMaNiAc
10-17-2010, 11:02 PM
This would be great for Chicharito... GTFO!

:lol not to offend any Mexican sensibilities here, but Chicharito doesn't hold a candle to Rooney

or maybe I should say what Rooney used to be, 'cause he's been shit for months now. Still, I think if Rooney can get back to his old self he's miles ahead of Chicharito.

FkLA
10-18-2010, 12:25 AM
:lol not to offend any Mexican sensibilities here, but Chicharito doesn't hold a candle to Rooney

or maybe I should say what Rooney used to be, 'cause he's been shit for months now. Still, I think if Rooney can get back to his old self he's miles ahead of Chicharito.

I dont think he said Chicharito>Rooney or that this would be great for Man U. He said it would be great for Chicharito, which it would be considering the fact that Rooney rightfully has a place guaranteed in Man U's starting XI.

tbh though Rooney and alot of other english players have always been overrated by the english media imho. But Rooney is still clearly the better player and its unlikely that Chicharito will ever reach the level Rooney had at his peak, although he still has alot of room to grow.

Torontonio Rapspurs
10-18-2010, 11:41 AM
I say get rid of him!
petulant , ungrateful, whiner that he is... there is no denying his skill (if he wants to play)
He's just being a huge distraction for united.
There is more than enough depth with Hernandez,Berbatov and a very skilled young player in Cleverly.
United can use the additional $ to acquire a couple badly needed pieces.
They need a successor to VandeSaar, they still need a playmaking midfielder, they could use another striker if Rooney leaves, and.... IMO they could use anm upgrade on def

I've pretty much had it with the guy!

TDMVPDPOY
10-18-2010, 12:59 PM
wont get much sellin the guy when teams know his contract is up

either you extend him, and hopefully some team comes knocking

Torontonio Rapspurs
10-18-2010, 03:57 PM
don't be surprised if he ends up at real madrid
Jose was talking about acquiring Rooney earlier this year.
Rooney would still command a high price even with the contract. Would have to be one of the big teams though... real madrid/barca most likely

Sense
10-18-2010, 06:28 PM

I dont think he said Chicharito>Rooney or that this would be great for Man U. He said it would be great for Chicharito, which it would be considering the fact that Rooney rightfully has a place guaranteed in Man U's starting XI.

This...

You're obviously trying to start the argument on that one... but I really don't think I'm that big of a homer.

DAF86
10-18-2010, 06:48 PM
IMHO, Chicharito could easily end up developing into a player of Wayne Rooney's class or even better.

Libri
10-18-2010, 08:38 PM
don't be surprised if he ends up at real madrid
Jose was talking about acquiring Rooney earlier this year.
Rooney would still command a high price even with the contract. Would have to be one of the big teams though... real madrid/barca most likely

Well, Mourinho was crying about wanting another forward.

DAF86
10-19-2010, 08:20 AM
Well, Mourinho was crying about wanting another forward.

A few days ago, he also said that he wasn't going to make any aquisition in the winter market.

hater
10-19-2010, 09:01 AM
was this guy Wayne Rooney ever any good???

everytime I see him he sucks dick

sonic21
10-19-2010, 11:37 AM
rooney for benzema

Fergie is a big fan of benzema and wanted him last year.

resistanze
10-19-2010, 01:44 PM
was this guy Wayne Rooney ever any good???

everytime I see him he sucks dick

He was incredible for 75% of last season, then he started to suck dick.

Libri
10-20-2010, 01:02 AM
Europe's giants line up for Rooney's services

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=834055&sec=transfers&cc=5901&campaign=rss&source=soccernet

sonic21
10-21-2010, 05:04 AM
According to Marca (spanish newspaper), Rooney wanted to become the highest paid player and asked for 14M euros a year and ManU refused. That's why he wants to go.

the highest paid player (ronaldo) = 13M a year.

TDMVPDPOY
10-21-2010, 06:27 AM
lol that nike ad during the WC is karma, looks like its all going downhill

ogait
10-22-2010, 07:20 AM
So Rooney is staying after all, signed a new 5 year contract.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/oct/22/wayne-rooney-staying-manchester-united

resistanze
10-22-2010, 07:24 AM
Fucking emo kid.

TDMVPDPOY
10-22-2010, 07:27 AM
i still think manutd is going to sell him anyway, what they needed was him inking a long term deal so he doesnt pull a runner on a free transfer....

180k a week, thats what giggs or the good veterans on the team earns...

now compare that to the clowns who play for mancity, isnt one of the toure brothers earnin more then +200k a week

lefty
10-22-2010, 09:44 AM
Crofl

DarkReign
10-22-2010, 09:53 AM
I thought soccer players made more than that?

ALVAREZ6
10-22-2010, 10:08 AM
http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/news/_/id/5713732/wayne-rooney-manchester-united-agree-5-year-contract

Wayne Rooney to stay with Man United

MANCHESTER, England -- Wayne Rooney reversed course and agreed to a five-year contract with Manchester United on Friday, keeping him at the Premier League club until June 2015.

Rooney said this week that he did not intend to extend his deal beyond 2012 because he was unhappy that United hadn't improved its roster. But he changed his mind after "intensive discussions" with the club.

"I'm delighted to sign another deal at United," Rooney said in a statement released by United. "In the last couple of days, I've talked to the manager and the owners and they've convinced me this is where I belong."

United manager Alex Ferguson said he was "delighted" Rooney had agreed to extend his contract.

"Sometimes, when you're in a club, it can be hard to realize just how big it is and it takes something like the events of the last few days to make you understand," Ferguson said in the statement. "I think Wayne now understands what a great club Manchester United is.

"It's been a difficult week, but ... I said to the boy that the door is always open."

The 24-year-old Rooney, who is sidelined with an ankle injury, said he is determined to get back in United supporters' favor. He added it was primarily Ferguson who persuaded him to remain at the 18-time English champions.

"I'm sure the fans over the last week have felt let down by what they've read and seen. But my position was from concern over the future," Rooney said. "The fans have been brilliant with me since I arrived and it's up to me through my performances to win them over again."

Rooney joined United in 2004 for $41 million and helped the club to Premier League titles in 2007, '08 and '09. He also was a member of the side that won the Champions League in 2008.

Rooney's representatives met with Ferguson and United chief executive David Gill on Thursday in a bid to resolve an issue that was sparked two days earlier when a "shocked" and "bemused" Ferguson revealed the striker wanted to quit Old Trafford.

Ferguson said Tuesday he did not understand the reasons behind Rooney's decision. On Wednesday, Rooney released a statement detailing his concerns about the strength of United's team. Rooney also claimed he had not been given any assurances by Gill about the club's future.

Rooney's play has dipped dramatically this season, and a newspaper reported allegations that he had repeatedly cheated on his then-pregnant wife with a prostitute.

Rooney's relationship with Ferguson appeared to worsen when the player publicly contradicted claims by his manager that he had been struggling with an ankle injury this season.

"I'm sure everyone involved with the club will now get behind Wayne and show him the support he needs to produce the performances we know he is capable of," Ferguson said.

Rooney has scored just one goal this season. He had 34 goals last season to earn the Premier League's Soccer Player of the Year award.

MannyIsGod
10-22-2010, 10:09 AM
What a fucking dipshit.

ALVAREZ6
10-22-2010, 10:14 AM
Rooney's been a retard...the article shows he has the thinking power of a 12 year old. I wonder how the rest of the squad feels now that Rooney has been saying that he doesn't want to play with them anymore because they aren't strong enough in his eyes. I'm sure the players don't respect him as much anymore, no matter what they may say in statements to the media. Especially since Wayne hasn't been producing for his club for months now, and he demanded to be paid more.... perhaps he should have looked at himself for the reasons why the club isn't as good this season.

SAtown
10-22-2010, 02:48 PM
I think he'll be back on form once he recovers from injury and all will be forgotten

Muser
10-23-2010, 11:10 AM
Lol 6th in the league.

Poojaa
11-07-2010, 11:45 PM
good sharing