PDA

View Full Version : Initial BCS Standings

Stump
10-17-2010, 09:14 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/bcs

I'm not really sure why the computers love Oklahoma so much, but assuming they continue to win, I think they can only solidify their position at #1.

Oregon sliding to #2 isn't that big of a surprise, but if you look at their BCS 'score', they're a lot closer to #3 than #1. The computers don't seem to like them at all. Honestly, I don't think they even control their own destiny at this point. I think undefeated Oklahoma, Auburn, and LSU teams would all trump an undefeated Oregon in the final BCS poll. They should probably be rooting for some SEC chaos to ensure they're safe.

I guess the computers aren't loving on Boise State and TCU as much as the national media is. Good.

I was a little surprised to see Auburn slide all the way up to #4. If they beat LSU this coming weekend, they can probably pass Boise State by next week. Unfortunately, Auburn has the toughest remaining schedule of the top 5 teams. Realistically, I don't see this team going undefeated, but they do at least have a reasonable shot at it.

Congrats to BRhornet on the #6 ranking for LSU. I think you guys are going to pose a bigger challenge to Auburn this weekend than people realize. Hopefully you're time near the top of the BCS is short lived. :p:

Not sure what the likelihood of an undefeated Michigan State making it to the title game is, but it can't be good. Kind of sucks for them, but making it to the Rose Bowl would still be pretty cool for the program.

Thoughts?

tlongII
10-17-2010, 09:23 PM
If Oregon wins out there's no way an SEC team can overtake them. They have the toughest part of their schedule left. They still have to visit Cal, USC, and Oregon State and they still have Arizona coming to Eugene.

CubanMustGo
10-17-2010, 10:08 PM
Badly
Corrupt
System

Stump
10-18-2010, 08:42 AM
If Oregon wins out there's no way an SEC team can overtake them. They have the toughest part of their schedule left. They still have to visit Cal, USC, and Oregon State and they still have Arizona coming to Eugene.
Yawn. Auburn still has to play two top eight teams in LSU and Alabama, plus a couple other conference games against Ole Miss and Georgia. If they're still behind after the Iron Bowl (unlikely), a win in the SEC championship game will push them over the top.

They're already ahead in the computers, so they just have to make up ground in the polls. Voters won't deny an undefeated Auburn access to the title game. Not after four straight years of SEC champions. Not after the 2004 debacle.

vander
10-18-2010, 09:12 AM
after beating Texas and Florida State, I thought Oklahoma was quite low in the polls, good to see the BCS knows whats really going on.

vander
10-19-2010, 01:44 PM
dammit I just can't get over Oregon St. losing like that. that was pathetic, how is it that VaTech and OreSt, the 2 teams BSU needed to do well for SoS, have already lost games that were completely in their grasp and they just let fall through their fingers. :bang

it can only be a conspiracy against BSU

Nevada too

:bang:bang

symple19
10-19-2010, 07:06 PM
rofl

if Auburn can't win out, I wanna see verybody but BSU and TCU lose a game so we can have the ultimate BCS buster bowl