PDA

View Full Version : Bexar County Early Voting

scott
10-18-2010, 08:53 AM
Ah, it's a beautiful fall morning and my beautiful university campus is littered with poorly designed signs for even more poorly qualified candidates for political office... it must be Early Voting!

Taking a look at the sample ballot for Bexar County, two things stood out.

1) One political party has managed to be listed first for every open office? How did this happen? Why not alphabetical? Or incumbent first? Speaking of incumbents...

2) Incumbents are not noted in any way. If I was a crappy politician, I'd make sure people didn't know I was an incumbent either! Make it tough to vote on things like Board of Education, where I don't know the incumbents names, but I know they suck at their jobs.

With all that said... UTSA is once again an early voting site, it was one of the most heavily voted early sites in Bexar County in 2008. Good to see local employers and students with a convenient place to do their civic duty, even if it means my campus is way too colorful for a few weeks.

Anyone paying close attention the Reed-LaHood race? This one is of the most interest to me. One hand we have Reed, well known to unethically abuse her power as DA. On the other, we have a guy busted selling drugs when he was a kid. Reed is hitting hard with the attack ads, but I find a little irony in that isn't LaHood a good example of how our justice system should work? Kid gets busted, pays the price, reforms his life, now a productive citizen.

Fap away.