PDA

View Full Version : How about those Chiefs!?

Eric Dampier
10-18-2010, 12:47 PM
jk I'm not really a Chiefs fan but we know that there's that one guy that posts on ST, who has never posted in the NFL Forum, that has his Chief apparel rotting away in his closet.

We already have DarrinS who crawls out of the political forum when the Jets get off to 5-1 starts or make the AFC Championship game

And then we have tlong who is nowhere to be found until Seattle is tied for 1st in the division.

So, frontrunning Chief fan, wherever you are and when you decide to come to the NFL Forum in the coming weeks, this thread is for you.

Steve Kerr
10-18-2010, 12:47 PM
:lmao

IronMexican
10-18-2010, 01:03 PM
P<S is a Chiefs fan.

Warlord23
10-18-2010, 01:09 PM
P<S is also a realist. I don't think he's going to get his hopes that high in week 6.

BUMP
10-18-2010, 01:11 PM
tlong is cool and rarely posts here so he gets a pass

But DarrinS posts in the Political Forum daily so it's not really a chore for him to drop by the NFL Forum every now and then

DarrinS
10-18-2010, 01:16 PM
I jumped on the Jets bandwagon in 1975.

Pistons < Spurs
10-18-2010, 01:21 PM
Hated the loss yesterday, but the upcoming schedule is very favorable:

Jax
Bills
@Raiders
@Broncos
Cardinals
@Seahawks
Broncos
@Chargers
@Rams
Titans
Raiders

There should/could be 6 ... maybe 7 wins there and hopefully a spot in the playoffs. The offense is flawed as long as Cassell is the QB but I love the young guys we've added to the team and the sudden improvements on the defensive side. Still a work in progress overall though. We're doing better than I expected, but alot of thanks goes to the easy schedule and the absolutely terrible play of the rest of the AFC West.

dirk4mvp
10-18-2010, 01:30 PM
don't text and drive if you wanna stay alive!

monosylab1k
10-18-2010, 01:33 PM
tbh i think chode regulator is a chiefs fan too. he's one of the non-dickhole members of the mookie crew.

Steve Kerr
10-18-2010, 01:38 PM
True tbh. Chode_regulator and 4cc are the 2 legit mookie crew members.

tlongII
10-18-2010, 02:55 PM
I posted here quite a bit 4 or 5 years ago when we were good. We've sucked ass the last few years though.

pawe
10-18-2010, 11:49 PM
So who is the real RED SEA?
The Cardinals and the Chiefs should play for the name on their upcoming game.

Pistons < Spurs
10-31-2010, 04:45 PM
Barely got the W today. Would have preferred a dominant showing against a lower tier team, but I'm just happy to see my team sitting on top at 5-2!

ShoogarBear
10-31-2010, 05:15 PM
Chiefs' D appears legit, but Cassel is weeeeeak.

Pistons < Spurs
12-05-2010, 10:12 PM
8-4? And a 2 game lead advantage in the division? Are you kidding me?

Very fun and surprising season from my Chiefs. Hopefully we can beat the Chargers next week and pretty much lock up a playoff spot.

LnGrrrR
12-05-2010, 10:31 PM
Is Cassel really that bad? His stats are decent after all.

Pistons < Spurs
12-05-2010, 10:46 PM
Is Cassel really that bad? His stats are decent after all.

Yes and No.

He's a good game manager. Doesn't gamble. Protects the ball by not throwing into tight coverage and simply throws it away when he doesn't have anything down field. Makes the 'smart' play and doesn't try to make the 'difficult' play.

But he's also not very accurate (doesn't help that we lack speedy receivers who can get open on a consistent basis. Despite Bowes recent tremendous play, he struggles to get any separation). Lacks the arm strength you'd like him to have. Stares down his receiver the entire time. Doesn't have great pocket presence.

But credit him and the coaching staff for getting him to simply play within himself. They're not asking him to create a whole lot. If it's there, take your shot. If not, get rid of it.

It also helps that the running game is so effective.

I'm not a big Cassel guy. I hope he's gone after this year. But he's done as good as I can ask the last 7 or 8 games.

IronMexican
12-05-2010, 10:59 PM
They beat the teams they were supposed to beat.

Raiders are still better.

The Gemini Method
12-05-2010, 11:05 PM
lol 33-3 and 33-17 Raiders being better than the Chiefs...

IronMexican
12-05-2010, 11:42 PM
Gemini is a worthless poster.

Pistons < Spurs
12-26-2010, 07:01 PM
CHIEFS!!!!

AFC West Champs!

Love it! Not bad for a team that only won 9 games in the 3 previous seasons!

I realize we had a super easy schedule, and have a good chance of losing in the first round. But it feels damn good to have the Chiefs be relevant again. Hopefully we get the Jets in the first round. Chief fans know from experience that Schottenheimers can't get it done in the playoffs!!

Fuck the Chargers. Fuck the Broncos. Fuck the Raiders.

HarlemHeat37
12-26-2010, 07:44 PM
Congratulations to the Chiefs and their fans..they were a lot better than I imagined they would be..Charles is a beast, they have a lot of potential studs on D, and Bowe actually looks like he was supposed to, after a slow start..

At least San Diego finally lost the division..

Unfortunately for the Chiefs and their fans, it looks like Tim Tebow will be starting next year, and I doubt he and his savior will allow them to win the division, tbh..

LnGrrrR
12-26-2010, 08:50 PM
Still want to get rid of Cassel? :lol

Pistons < Spurs
12-26-2010, 09:06 PM
Still want to get rid of Cassel? :lol

Absolutely.

I'd love for us to trade him in the offseason. Get some value for him now that his stock is high.

He's been doing a much better job with his pocket presence in the 2nd half of the season, but honestly he's not that good. He's a game manager and not a play maker. Maybe that's the best thing for this team for the time being, but not who or what I want for the team in the longterm.

I think he's a very good leader. The guys buy into him. And he's following the game plan as far as not making mistakes. So he's giving us a chance to win. But he's very pedestrian in his passing abilities. Poor accuracy and barely putting up 200 yards a game. I can't expect him to lead us to victory if the game is put on his shoulders in the 4th qtr.

The majority of his success has to do with the play of the offensive line and the running game .... and the 'easiest' schedule in the NFL this year.