10-18-2010, 03:05 PM
Curious what you guys has to say...

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-18-2010, 03:08 PM
Hell fuckin no. Fuck that chink.

monosylab1k
10-18-2010, 03:30 PM
As a player? Hell no.

As an icon, representative of the game, representative of a country, and player? yes.

He's had more pressure on him than anybody in NBA history imho. He had to represent China for the American fans, he has to represent the NBA for the Chinese fans, he had to prove himself to the almost impossibly high hype, and he has to not lick Wang ZhiZhi balls to be taken seriously by anybody.

monosylab1k
10-18-2010, 03:32 PM
The day he was drafted, he was already being penned as a failure for not being the greatest center of all time. He had American fans scrutinizing the shit out of him, he had a billion Chinese doing the same from the opposite perspective. Nobody else has had the pressure Yao Ming has had on his shoulders. What he's accomplished is remarkable, considering most young Americans would just cry and give up with that kind of pressure upon them.

Phillip
10-18-2010, 03:35 PM
It's a bunch of crap how China fucked his career up by never letting him rest in the offseason. This discussion would likely be completely different had he been able to properly recover from his injuries through the NBA seasons, instead of being forced to play through them in China.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-18-2010, 03:37 PM
lol never letting him rest. Nothing made Yao fuck his NBA team over by playing chink ball over the summer, that was a decision he made, and a decision that will tarnish his legacy.

let us proceed...

monosylab1k
10-18-2010, 03:39 PM
lol never letting him rest. Nothing made Yao fuck his NBA team over by playing chink ball over the summer, that was a decision he made, and a decision that will tarnish his legacy.

let us proceed...

how bout you tell the Chinese goverment you won't be playing for them next summer, especially when they have the names, addresses, and every thing else associated with all of your friends and family.

z0sa
10-18-2010, 03:40 PM
I thought Yao was forced to play during summers. Just a presumption based on him always playing and the fact China is a communist dictatorship.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-18-2010, 03:40 PM
how bout you tell the Chinese goverment you won't be playing for them next summer, especially when they have the names, addresses, and every thing else associated with all of your friends and family.
I woulda moved my family out of that pisshole within 1 year of being drafted.

monosylab1k
10-18-2010, 03:42 PM
I woulda moved my family out of that pisshole within 1 year of being drafted.

tbh it's easy to say that when ur an american and haven't dealt with shit like that. take it from Rogue and the picklebreath brothers, it's harder than that.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-18-2010, 03:50 PM
tbh it's easy to say that when ur an american and haven't dealt with shit like that. take it from Rogue and the picklebreath brothers, it's harder than that.
When you say the pickle breath brothers, you mean two Koreans who currently live in American and don't have to worry about what the government back east thinks?

Ming cared more about his chink career than his NBA career, it's blatantly obvious. When he fractured his foot in 2008, the very first thing he had to say was "I hope I can still play in the Olympics." Nothing about how he let his team down or how he is pissed he won't be there for the playoffs. Nope, as long as he got that paycheck, he didn't give a shit about whether or not he was healthy for his NBA team. It was all about playing for the boys back east.

monosylab1k
10-18-2010, 03:54 PM
When you say the pickle breath brothers, you mean two Koreans who currently live in American and don't have to worry about what the government back east thinks?

Ming cared more about his chink career than his NBA career, it's blatantly obvious. When he fractured his foot in 2008, the very first thing he had to say was "I hope I can still play in the Olympics." Nothing about how he let his team down or how he is pissed he won't be there for the playoffs. Nope, as long as he got that paycheck, he didn't give a shit about whether or not he was healthy for his NBA team. It was all about playing for the boys back east.

tbh if Mao's henchmen had a gun to ur mom's head, you'd say the same thing.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-18-2010, 03:56 PM
tbh if Mao's henchmen had a gun to ur mom's head, you'd say the same thing.
I highly doubt that comment was pressure from the Chinese government, and I highly doubt that if he commented on his he let his team down before commenting on how he still wants to play in the Olympics anything would have happened to his family.

Baseline
10-18-2010, 04:02 PM
MJ said Yao was definitely in...the top ten Chinese centers to play in the NBA.

spurs_fan_in_exile
10-18-2010, 04:04 PM
This is a make or break year for Yao's legacy. If he can bounce back to something respectable after the surgery he'll have a shot, simply because of the immeasurable number of off the court factors that mono listed. I've been in Houston for his whole career and for all the pressure and shit he's taken from all sides at one time or another he's been a class act and true ambassador for the game.

Tmac&Luther
10-18-2010, 04:35 PM
I thought Yao was forced to play during summers. Just a presumption based on him always playing and the fact China is a communist dictatorship.

He was.... dick breath doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.

It was one of the stipulations for him being allowed to come over here.

Tmac&Luther
10-18-2010, 04:37 PM
This is a make or break year for Yao's legacy. If he can bounce back to something respectable after the surgery he'll have a shot, simply because of the immeasurable number of off the court factors that mono listed. I've been in Houston for his whole career and for all the pressure and shit he's taken from all sides at one time or another he's been a class act and true ambassador for the game.

Yao could retire tomorrow and he'd be in the HOF one day.

The basketball HOF isn't like the football HOF or baseball HOF. Yao will get in on just his contributions to the global growth of the game alone.

AussieFanKurt
10-18-2010, 04:38 PM
fuck no, he has size and skills, has no heart

BadOdor
10-18-2010, 05:10 PM
I keep hearing about his "contribution"....

What did he really do, other than being a chink who played basketball at an all star level for a couple of seasons?

DAF86
10-18-2010, 07:00 PM
Yao could retire tomorrow and he'd be in the HOF one day.

The basketball HOF isn't like the football HOF or baseball HOF. Yao will get in on just his contributions to the global growth of the game alone.

He has to win something, anything to be inducted to the HoF, or at least have superstar stats and accomplishments. He has neither, I don't think he is HoF material.

Nathan89
10-18-2010, 07:09 PM
He has to win something, anything to be inducted to the HoF, or at least have superstar stats and accomplishments. He has neither, I don't think he is HoF material.

This.

If he hasn't accomplished anything on the court overseas or the Nba he will not be in the HOF.

pauls931
10-18-2010, 07:22 PM
Nope, haven't really seen him do much other than be a decent center who happens to be from China.

Kai
10-18-2010, 07:38 PM
He will get into the HOF because of the way his presence globalized the game. Not because if his on the court achievements. Anyone who thinks otherwise needs to be educated.

Latarian Milton
10-18-2010, 07:52 PM
shite has earned no honor at all and ain't having any. If u can find out another HOF that has no honor all his career, then it'll be OK to let Shite in tbh. I can hardly find any tbh. Even dirk has earned some personal honors like the NBA regular season MVP and numerous honors from Europe, while shite hasn't gained none at all, not in america nor even in asia and his commie land.

Latarian Milton
10-18-2010, 08:05 PM
I highly doubt that comment was pressure from the Chinese government, and I highly doubt that if he commented on his he let his team down before commenting on how he still wants to play in the Olympics anything would have happened to his family.

if shite really wants to escape the shithole he will always get a way out. shite just chose to act pussy and never got the balls to disobey the commies. it's only difficult for picklebreath brothers and rogue to escape free because they are obscure and hence are easily prosecuted by commies. Shite is different tbh. although shite isn't really that good in the basketball court, he's overachieved world-wide reputation and i assume it would be quite easy for him to quit the commie country if he wanted. he just remained a pussy and didn't even make a try.

Jose Canseco
10-18-2010, 09:27 PM
Statistically, he's close but the injuries certainly hurt. Few individual honors other than all star selections, and very little success in the post-season. As a player, if his career was over today, I'd say no. His career is shaping up similarly to Chris Webber, and C-Webb is a borderline HOF as well, likely not making it in.

If it's about him being honored as a "contributor" and not a "player," I might see that, but that's questionable too. Globally, the NBA had already expanded on a massive scale before Yao even played a game in the NBA. Yao was more about hype than actually expanding the NBA game internationally. If that's the reason, Vlade Divac deserves to go in as well, and he had more of an impact on international players coming to the NBA than Yao did.

I personally would say no, but I wouldn't be surprised if he got in.

VBM
10-18-2010, 09:34 PM
If Mutombo doesn't get in as an ambassador of the NBA for his contributions in Africa, Yao sure as hell ain't getting in...

spursfan1000
10-18-2010, 09:46 PM
He hasn't played enough to be considered HOF... maybe if he could play 70 games a season and could still produce 23 pts 10 rebounds then maybe he could.

Latarian Milton
10-18-2010, 09:49 PM
If Mutombo doesn't get in as an ambassador of the NBA for his contributions in Africa, Yao sure as hell ain't getting in...

He hasn't played enough to be considered HOF... maybe if he could play 70 games a season and could still produce 23 pts 10 rebounds then maybe he could.

maybe shite will have played enough if he can play till his 40s like Mutombo, which isn't very likely though. :lol

MmP
10-18-2010, 10:13 PM
not because the injuries but for never accomplish big things
i think he's a great player though

The Franchise
10-18-2010, 11:47 PM
Hell yeah!!! When it's all said and done Kareem will be washing his feet with wine. :lol

TDMVPDPOY
10-18-2010, 11:57 PM
lmao this thread

ibtl

JamStone
10-18-2010, 11:58 PM
Hell yeah!!! When it's all said and done Kareem will be washing his feet with wine. :lol

I wouldn't be surprised if Yao retires from the NBA after this upcoming season

ChrisRichards
10-19-2010, 01:16 PM
The day he was drafted, he was already being penned as a failure for not being the greatest center of all time. He had American fans scrutinizing the shit out of him, he had a billion Chinese doing the same from the opposite perspective. Nobody else has had the pressure Yao Ming has had on his shoulders. What he's accomplished is remarkable, considering most young Americans would just cry and give up with that kind of pressure upon them.

Bingo

true

BTW, did drazen petrovic got in the HOF? how about sabonis? if these guys are in or will get in, then i dont see any reason why yao cant.

Ashy Larry
10-19-2010, 01:17 PM
no

ChrisRichards
10-19-2010, 01:22 PM
put some fucking lotion on

hater
10-19-2010, 01:28 PM
No. He is a bigger bust than Greg Oden and Kwame Brown put together.

Double-Up
10-19-2010, 02:03 PM
No. He is a bigger bust than Greg Oden and Kwame Brown put together.

I see you live by your name, eh? He's not HOF material but he sure as fuck isn't that bad...he was an iron man his first 3 years in the league.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-19-2010, 02:09 PM
Bingo

true

BTW, did drazen petrovic got in the HOF? how about sabonis? if these guys are in or will get in, then i dont see any reason why yao cant.
Petrovic is in Sabonis isn't, but it's because of his international careers, not because of his NBA career. Petrovic's accomplishments in the world championship and Olympic events trump Yao's accomplishments in that area.

If several years from now there are tons of Chinamen in the NBA because of Yao like there are Europeans in the NBA because of Petrovic, then Yao can make the HoF.

hater
10-19-2010, 02:12 PM
I see you live by your name, eh? He's not HOF material but he sure as fuck isn't that bad...he was an iron man his first 3 years in the league.

you might be right. But when you bring potential/hype into the table Yao ranks right up there with the other busts. He had 3 good years.

Jose Canseco
10-19-2010, 02:13 PM
Petrovic is in Sabonis isn't, but it's because of his international careers, not because of his NBA career. Petrovic's accomplishments in the world championship and Olympic events trump Yao's accomplishments in that area.

If several years from now there are tons of Chinamen in the NBA because of Yao like there are Europeans in the NBA because of Petrovic, then Yao can make the HoF.

And if in the future there are a bunch of jews in the league, Jordan Farmar should go to the HOF too.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-19-2010, 02:16 PM
And if in the future there are a bunch of jews in the league, Jordan Farmar should go to the HOF too.
Come up with some realistic hypotheticals Jose.

Jose Canseco
10-19-2010, 02:29 PM
because it's completely foreseeable to see an influx of five foot chinks in the NBA

Tabuse!!!

Ari Gold
10-19-2010, 03:39 PM
fuck no, he has size and skills, has no heart

http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo155/_rocket47_/ari_gold.gif

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-19-2010, 03:53 PM
Come up with some realistic hypotheticals Jose.

:lol

duncan228
10-19-2010, 04:25 PM
Remaking of Yao a great unknown (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/john_lopez/10/15/yao.rockets/index.html)
John P. Lopez
SI.com

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/john_lopez/10/15/yao.rockets/index.html

BadOdor
10-19-2010, 04:33 PM
Remaking of Yao a great unknown (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/john_lopez/10/15/yao.rockets/index.html)
John P. Lopez
SI.com

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/john_lopez/10/15/yao.rockets/index.html

Do you ever make a post that is not a link to an article?

Kai
10-19-2010, 06:46 PM
Do you ever make a post that is not a link to an article?

I would imagine if you insulted Duncan, she'd find you and kill you.

DaDakota
10-19-2010, 07:22 PM
He has to play like 4 or more relatively healthy years from this point on to make it.

So, no, not yet.

DD

Darrin
10-19-2010, 08:02 PM
Curious what you guys has to say...

You're asking this question after 7 injury-plagued seasons (over 8 years) where he's made the second round only once?