PDA

View Full Version : Jon Barry: The Lakers don't need Kobe to win

LeHeat_Dynasty
10-18-2010, 04:38 PM
Who heard this clown last night saying that the Lakers dont need Kobe to win?

Exact quotes.

Question: Can the Lakers win their 3rd straight title even if he loses something?

Barry: "Kobe Bryant will take a step back. He took a step back last year. remember he had the finger the ankle the knee. He said he was in excruciating pain in game 7. Oh by the way, he shot 6 for 24 that ball game, and yet the LA Lakers won that game. I know it was just one game but he has enough around him. Yes I agree Bynum is important i agree with you Jalen (Rose), but let's treat Pau Gasol like the superstar he is. He is so underrated but the Lakers never use him properly.

Question: Is he going to have enough in the playoffs to beat Miami (if they mesh), Boston or whoever comes out of the East?

Barry: "I think he can. Game 7 he didnt play very well. Again its just one game, but (under is breath) Game 7. You know the Lakers dont need him.They have enough pieces to get it done. He doesn't have to be the best player on any given night for them to win."

LeHeat_Dynasty
10-18-2010, 04:40 PM
I think Barry is wrong, the Lakers do need Kobe. But I'll say this, they dont need him to be the first option to win it all. If the offense revolves around Gasol, I think they'll do well if not better.

Banzai
10-18-2010, 04:45 PM
I think Barry is wrong, the Lakers do need Kobe. But I'll say this, they dont need him to be the first option to win it all. If the offense revolves around Gasol, I think they'll do well if not better.

Seriously?

TheMACHINE
10-18-2010, 04:46 PM
Who heard this clown last night saying that the Lakers dont need Kobe to win?

Exact quotes.

Question: Can the Lakers win their 3rd straight title even if he loses something?

Barry: "Kobe Bryant will take a step back. He took a step back last year. remember he had the finger the ankle the knee. He said he was in excruciating pain in game 7. Oh by the way, he shot 6 for 24 that ball game, and yet the LA Lakers won that game. I know it was just one game but he has enough around him. Yes I agree Bynum is important i agree with you Jalen (Rose), but let's treat Pau Gasol like the superstar he is. He is so underrated but the Lakers never use him properly.

Question: Is he going to have enough in the playoffs to beat Miami (if they mesh), Boston or whoever comes out of the East?

Barry: "I think he can. Game 7 he didnt play very well. Again its just one game, but (under is breath) Game 7. You know the Lakers dont need him.They have enough pieces to get it done. He doesn't have to be the best player on any given night for them to win."

LOL Heat-Fan roaming Lakersground.net for some material
LOL Copy and paste

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=121845

midnightpulp
10-18-2010, 05:15 PM
Barry speaks the truth. I find it refreshing that a member of the media had the guts to do it, rather than stay with the agenda of manufacturing the next Jordan.

And you dumbass Laker fans should consider this something positive. It means you have a great team.

Lol at Kobe cocksuckers. You mouth-breathers don't even have the limited cognitive ability to recognize when your team is being complimented.

Giuseppe
10-18-2010, 05:27 PM
I just thank Christ he shoveled to Arty.

Ginobilly
10-18-2010, 06:40 PM
Then maybe PJ should have drew up those last second shots for Gasol. Listen, Gasol is a nice 4rth option on a great team. He doesn't complain about his role because he knows we pulled him out of obscurity. The guy is barely a fucking all-star is what I'm trying to say.

Kobe slipping down to option 2 doesn't mean he can't take the last shot. It just means that Gasol is going to have more oppurtunities to score more points as Kobe slows down due to age.

Kobe Bryant Fan
10-18-2010, 07:10 PM
This is not true. Kobe can still score 40 points per game.

Ghazi
10-18-2010, 08:11 PM
cmon luva, gasol a 4th option??

hes a #2 option on a championship team... as evidenced 2x

i think Barry is wrong. Kobe will have to be excellent for the Lakers to beat the cHeaters

midnightpulp
10-18-2010, 08:13 PM
the most clutch player in history,

His 29% FG on game winners says otherwise.

Giuseppe
10-18-2010, 08:19 PM
Nobody closes us out. Nobody.

This glorious bastard assured me this with us at 13 down, third quarter, The Princess standin' on his throat.

Let us proceed...

Venti Quattro
10-18-2010, 08:32 PM
Yes I agree Bynum is important i agree with you Jalen (Rose), but let's treat Pau Gasol like the superstar he is. He is so underrated but the Lakers never use him properly.

three straight finals trips and back to back rings and the Lakers have never used Pau Gasol properly in any of those seasons. what if the Lakers suddenly had the key to use Pau Gasol properly? The rest of the field is so screwed. :lmao :lmao :lmao

:cry we don't need kobe!!! lol jon barry :lmao

TheLakaluvaLibrary
10-18-2010, 08:48 PM
I said a great team. The Lakers are not a great team.

Greetings, Lakaluva.

Ahh, good to see you back in form for the start of the upcoming season. Luckily, that agreement we had where I follow you around in your day-to-day life produced some worthy material (like when you approached that pretty hot dog vendor on Melrose and told her that you wanted a weiner with no bun. When she looked at you confused and asked, "No bun?" to which you replied, "That's what your ass is for," was indeed a great addition to our archives. But I still lament that I didn't have a camera on me to capture the slap to your face), otherwise it would've been a very long drought, considering that you haven't been quite up to par here on Spurstalk.

But this latest statement is vintage Lakaluva.

Now, where to file it?

The obvious location would be 335.11 (Sports/Basketball), but like all your utterances, the implication goes far beyond the superficial meaning of the words.

Ah, here we go. 563.558 (Animals/Mammals/Mules), because your latest contribution is definitely something a jackass would say.

Regards,

The Lakaluva Library

Koolaid_Man
10-18-2010, 09:08 PM
His 29% FG on game winners says otherwise.

bad shooting game 7 and all he still averaged 28 pts/8 rebounds/7 assists vs. the Celts :lol

midnightpulp
10-18-2010, 09:21 PM
bad shooting game 7 and all he still averaged 28 pts/8 rebounds/7 assists vs. the Celts :lol

KoolAIDS_Man strikes again with his ignorance.

Try 3.9 assists.

He might've averaged 7 if he fed Gasol on the block more, but he decided to chuck. Yeah he averaged 28 a game, but it's really not that impressive when it's on 25 shots per game.

Giuseppe
10-18-2010, 09:23 PM
........left the Celtics dead in the ground.

O.J Mayo
10-18-2010, 09:35 PM
No one remembers the 25 shots. No one remembers how many shots Wilt took to get 100.

63 shots, now go fuck yourself.

picc84
10-18-2010, 09:38 PM
KoolAIDS_Man strikes again with his ignorance.

Try 3.9 assists.

He might've averaged 7 if he fed Gasol on the block more, but he decided to chuck. Yeah he averaged 28 a game, but it's really not that impressive when it's on 25 shots per game.

Actually, it was on 23 shots a game.

But who's counting? :lol

spursfan1000
10-18-2010, 09:44 PM
Without Kobe I think Lakers could be a 7-8th seed in West.

MmP
10-18-2010, 10:15 PM
drop da heroin
jon

ezau
10-18-2010, 10:41 PM
Jon Barry would have been a lot more credible if he had won a championship. Ringless idiots like him is better off to just shut his mouth.

ulosturedge
10-18-2010, 10:43 PM
I wouldn't say they could win without him, but that's what the Lakers did in game 7 of the finals.

Giuseppe
10-18-2010, 11:20 PM
I wouldn't say they could win without him, but that's what the Lakers did in game 7 of the finals.

That shovel to Artest withstanding.

tee, hee.

Baseline
10-18-2010, 11:29 PM
Barry is exactly right. Any number of two guards could fill that slot and the Lakers wouldn't miss a beat. Bryant has never fed the post like he should, and every non-Laker fan knows that if Bryant passed the ball more, they'd be unbeatable.

Barry is merely saying that the Lakers won Game 7 despite Bryant shooting hideously, and by the way, continuing to shoot despite the fact that he had nothing. He's extremely fortunate that he didn't shoot them out of the game. In fact, it's his supporting cast who kept whatever joke of a legacy the guy has somewhat intact.

Giuseppe
10-18-2010, 11:30 PM
He's extremely fortunate that he didn't shoot them out of the game.

Stings, don't it?

tee, hee.

lefty
10-19-2010, 08:27 AM
We all know this is Gasol's team