PDA

View Full Version : OT: basketball shoes recommendations

PDXSpursFan
10-18-2010, 05:32 PM
I need to buy a new pair of shoes to play on my company league. Games will be played indoors (wood). Any good recommendations? I'm looking for comfort, style and everything.

TheMACHINE
10-18-2010, 05:33 PM
Nike Zoom Kobe V

daspurs
10-18-2010, 05:40 PM
Nike Zoom Kobe V

lmfao .. No .. Buy barkleys or pennys

PDXSpursFan
10-18-2010, 05:47 PM
daspurs:
what's good/special about the barkleys or pennys?

daspurs
10-18-2010, 06:48 PM
daspurs:
what's good/special about the barkleys or pennys?

The barkleys are really snug around your feet , very good ankle support , and probably right next too the jordan 8's as the most comfortable shoes ive ever worn the only problem is their a little pricey . Same about the pennys they go around 120, however they can last you years i remember back in the 90's my brother had a pair and they lasted him forever . It really depends on how much you want to spend personally id get the barkleys .
However if you want to look for cheaper i suggest the lebron air max vii's they used to go for 200 i believe and now at my local footlocker there around 85 . But like i said it really depends on how much you want to spend.

lil_penny
10-18-2010, 06:56 PM
i own barkleys pennys and kobes and hands down the kobes are the best shoe ive ever played ball in plus they look great... if you know anyone who works at the nike employee storethe kobes go for like $68 there

TheNextGen
10-18-2010, 07:21 PM
lmfao .. No .. Buy barkleys or pennys

LMFAO....

Kobe IV or V are the best shoes to date. If the OP can wait till the VI come out in December, he should go for those.

Machine might be a dumbass, but he knows his shoes.

pauls931
10-18-2010, 07:48 PM
Don't cheap out and buy And1 redemptions.

TheMACHINE
10-18-2010, 11:35 PM
Machine might be a dumbass, but he knows his shoes.

uhh thanks? :p:

DeadlyDynasty
10-18-2010, 11:38 PM
http://hypebeast.com/image/2008/02/reebok-pump-omni-light-1.jpg

Medvedenko
10-19-2010, 01:09 AM
Kobe 5's and 6's when the come out. Best ballin shoe on the market.

midnightpulp
10-19-2010, 01:10 AM
Kobe 5's and 6's when the come out. Best ballin shoe on the market.

Your highlight hair having ass doesn't play any basketball.

dirk4mvp
10-19-2010, 01:24 AM

crucify em, htpu, send him on over to the boy band hair tree of woe.

midnightpulp
10-19-2010, 01:27 AM
crucify em, htpu, send him on over to the boy band hair tree of woe.

Gonna leave 'em dead in the ground, Chuckbox style!

dirk4mvp
he's gay, and he's stayin gay.

midnightpulp
he's gay, and he's stayin gay.

:lol

VBM
10-19-2010, 12:18 PM
Nike Air Max 180

http://the-shoes-mall.com/images/NK-313705-002.jpg

Snug fit, solid ankle support if you cut to the basket a ton, won't weigh you down.

Medvedenko
10-19-2010, 01:35 PM

Really, I don't play ball eh? It's doesn't matter if I need to validate you're lack of knowledge, but yes I play ball. Oh, and the Kobe's are the best ball shoe that I've worn in the last 20 years.

ajh18
10-19-2010, 01:38 PM
NBA bans its first pair of shoes due to 'unfair advantage'
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/NBA-bans-its-first-pair-of-shoes-due-to-unfair-?urn=nba-278191
By Kelly Dwyer

Though no NBA player actually professed an interest in buying these special Athletic Propulsion Labs vertical-influencing basketball shoes, you have to wonder if there are a series of floor-bound big men, the league over, that just had their Tuesday ruined by David Stern.

This is a press release, and not an actual report from the frontlines, but it's an interesting turn nevertheless.

The NBA has actually banned some shoes (which can be yours for only $300!) due to an apparent "unfair competitive advantage," which will no doubt send the sales of these Athletic Propulsion Labs' duds through the roof. I hope Messrs. Stern and Adam Silver bought some stock in this company before they made it infamous.

[Related: Basketball team faces 'desperate' shoe shortage]

To the release!

For the first time in its 64-year history, the National Basketball Association (NBA) has banned a new line of shoes based on the league's rule against an "unfair competitive advantage" that increases a player's vertical leap. The league's ban on Athletic Propulsion Labs' Concept 1 confirms the company's claims that the shoe, with its Load ‘N LaunchTM Technology, performs as advertised. No professional player will be allowed to wear the product in games for the upcoming 2010-2011 NBA season.

This action comes on the 25th anniversary of the NBA's ban on Nike's Air Jordan shoes, albeit for reasons of their colorful appearance rather than any performance advantage.

Athletic Propulsion Labs (APL) was notified by a senior NBA official who stated, "League rules regulate the footwear that players may wear during an NBA game. Under league rules, players may not wear any shoe during a game ‘that creates an undue competitive advantage (e.g., to increase a player's vertical leap).' In light of that rule...players will not be permitted to wear the APL shoes during NBA games."

Shoe companies, for decades, have promoted a sort of "unfair competitive advantage" through their shoes, from PF Flyers to the most recent set of Derrick Rose(notes)-brand adidas that we'll showcase here at BDL later this afternoon. But this is the first time that the NBA has borderline endorsed one brand of shoe being better than another, even if they won't allow its players to run in it.

--------------------
Not the image from the article, but these are them:

http://www.counterkicks.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/apl-concept-1-black-green-2.jpg

Phillip
10-19-2010, 01:41 PM
Kobe's are pretty damn good shoes

just make sure you dont play basketball around medvedenko because he ejaculates at the sight of them