PDA

View Full Version : be careful with NBA league pass

hater
10-19-2010, 11:26 AM
those fuckers just charged me $110 for some reason. I didn't even order anything! check your credit card/bank accounts.

fucking bitches!
:bang

TJastal
10-19-2010, 11:45 AM
I made sure to call my cable provider two months ago (directv) and cancel the league pass, otherwise it was set to automatically renew itself.

I figure I get enough games with TNT & ESPN that I don't need to pay an extra 160 bucks.

hater
10-19-2010, 11:50 AM
that's the thing. I never set it to autorenew. this is the nba.com league pass.

they never even sent me an email confirmation for this.
and when I call the 800 number, they say the office is closed and to send an email!!!

what kind of operation are they running there?? :pctoss

Dex
10-19-2010, 02:03 PM
I knew times were rough for the NBA, but damn.

alchemist
10-19-2010, 06:22 PM
last time I read the fine print for LP Online I believe it said it'll auto-renew automatically, never signed up for it though I always did it through TWC.

Crookshanks
10-19-2010, 07:14 PM
Yes, it automatically renews unless you log on and cancel before the renewal date. I got an email informing me of the renewal date. I couldn't afford the full payment, so I went online and changed to a payment plan.

ChuckD
10-19-2010, 09:05 PM
I knew times were rough for the NBA, but damn.

Companies have been getting more and more aggressive for years. I bought the championship pack from Sports Illustrated a few years back, and forgot to cancel it the next year. I was OK with that, my mistake. I simply cancelled the credit card it was going to, and forgot about it. The next year, they reported me for non-payment. Hey fuckers, take a hint. The card is cancelled. That means I don't want anything that was charged on it anymore. I let the BBB take care of it, and was released from collection. Assholes.

Cane
10-19-2010, 09:09 PM
Seems like a normal business practice tbh but it does suck to get blindsided by a fee.

ManuTastic
10-20-2010, 07:34 AM
They're assholes for setting it up as a 'subscription' program. That's about like setting up a 'subscription' at a restaurant. You should get your money back.

hater
10-20-2010, 08:23 AM
well that's fucked up. Because they neither sent me a warning or confirmation email. And their phone # is BS. go ahead, call and see if anyone picks up:
888-622-0178

these motherfuckers must be desperate as they are adopting tactics of the old school shit gyms like Ballys

George Gervin's Afro
10-20-2010, 08:33 AM
I canceled my auto renewal (DIRECTV) months ago and verified that it was stopped on more than one occasion.

My bill jumped 40 bucks so I called.. it automatically renewed. The cs person said that once it's done there is nothing that can be done about it....

pissed me off.. not enought to cancel the subscription though..:lmao

Fireace22
10-20-2010, 09:26 AM
After living in SA for 15 years, I transferred from UIW to U of H and am trying to decide how I am going to watch my spurs games. I'd rather not stream it online since I have a pretty decent TV in my apartment. I am using comcast and can get NBA league pass, but I wanted to know how many of the games could I realistically expect to see? I know they do 40 games a week, but since we are a small market team do they skip over us often?

I tried getting FSSW, but it is not offered through comcast in Houston.

George Gervin's Afro
10-20-2010, 09:33 AM
After living in SA for 15 years, I transferred from UIW to U of H and am trying to decide how I am going to watch my spurs games. I'd rather not stream it online since I have a pretty decent TV in my apartment. I am using comcast and can get NBA league pass, but I wanted to know how many of the games could I realistically expect to see? I know they do 40 games a week, but since we are a small market team do they skip over us often?

you will be able to see all 82 games

Fireace22
10-20-2010, 09:36 AM
you will be able to see all 82 games
Just wondering, how does announcing go on league pass... Will Sean and Bill be doing any games home or away, or does NBA league pass use their own commentators.

Cane
10-20-2010, 09:41 AM
Just wondering, how does announcing go on league pass... Will Sean and Bill be doing any games home or away, or does NBA league pass use their own commentators.

From what I can tell its random on which they use. From my experience it seems like they used the other team's commentators more though.

AlleyOopNazi
10-20-2010, 11:28 AM
From what I can tell its random on which they use. From my experience it seems like they used the other team's commentators more though.
It tends to be home team announcers, but its pretty even nonetheless. Sometimes you'll get the other teams' announcers, then you'll be blindsided by the same 3 things they say over and over about Blair, Hill, Duncan, Ginobili, Parker.
Example: Hill: Hes from IUPUI!!!! OOOOI POOOOI!! Hill is Popps favorite player bla bla blah.
Then when Bonner scores inside the 3point line, they think its a fucking miracle lol.

nkdlunch
10-20-2010, 01:20 PM
"did you see that? Bonner just broke Mark Madsen's ankles!"

YoMamaIsCallin
10-21-2010, 08:43 AM

Even if you got it, the live games would be blacked out.

Thompson
10-21-2010, 09:26 AM
I checked my email account earlier this week (I don't check it often) and found that they had emailed me that my LPBB had automatically renewed.

I sent them an email asking if it was possible for a refund since I now live in an area that does not get adequate broadband speed (and that I was considering buying the TV League Pass). Today I received a reply that it had been canceled for me and that the balance should return to my credit card account within a few days. Didn't have that much of a problem (though I agree they shouldn't have it set up to automatically renew, that always annoys me).

hater
10-21-2010, 10:56 AM
I checked my email account earlier this week (I don't check it often) and found that they had emailed me that my LPBB had automatically renewed.

I sent them an email asking if it was possible for a refund since I now live in an area that does not get adequate broadband speed (and that I was considering buying the TV League Pass). Today I received a reply that it had been canceled for me and that the balance should return to my credit card account within a few days. Didn't have that much of a problem (though I agree they shouldn't have it set up to automatically renew, that always annoys me).

weird I never got an email as you did.

but, oh they refunded me. Or they will. What is annoying is that I never signed up for autorenew and never got an email and their 800 # routes to a recording.

TXstbobcat
10-21-2010, 12:16 PM
We have ordered league pass for the past 5 years and every year they automatically renew it. We call comcast every year to let them know that we don't want to be set up for auto renew but that doesn't seem to work. It seems that once you order it for the first time, you will always be set for auto renew with comcast.

Interrohater
10-21-2010, 02:06 PM

Dude, just get league pass broadband and hook up your laptop or a cheap desktop to your TV. That's the setup I have at home and I watch the games in full 52" HD. Or just take your chances with the 'unauthorized' streams online.

Also, I just signed up for LPBB early bird special and it does indeed state the auto-renewal in the user agreement. It states that it will automatically renew your subscription upon Oct 1st of the renewal year at the early bird price unless you cancel it before that time.

AlleyOopNazi
10-21-2010, 04:36 PM
Dude, just get league pass broadband and hook up your laptop or a cheap desktop to your TV. That's the setup I have at home and I watch the games in full 52" HD. Or just take your chances with the 'unauthorized' streams online.

Also, I just signed up for LPBB early bird special and it does indeed state the auto-renewal in the user agreement. It states that it will automatically renew your subscription upon Oct 1st of the renewal year at the early bird price unless you cancel it before that time.

Ditto, labtop hooked to a 32" HD. League Pass select... waiting to select my teams tho. Spurs, Heat, Lakers, Thunder, Celtics, Magic, Jazz. Live in Houston so I get the Rockets games if I wish to view. can't wait...

DPG21920
10-22-2010, 05:47 PM
Prices went up for NBA league pass, but that was mostly for the Broadband subscriptions.

For regular NBA League Pass (which comes with the full version of NBA LP BB), it is $179.00

For the NBA LP BB where you get to watch every team, it is the same price as buying for your tv :wow $179.00.

For the "pick 7" is is $109.00.

MannyIsGod
10-22-2010, 06:18 PM
Yeah I'm not getting the full package this season until I see if they've improved the quality and interface. The fucking interface was garbage this past season and you could not get a true full screen without their stupid bar being there at all times. I could give two shits about your bar, please let me just watch the full screen on my TV.

If they fixed it I'll probably renew but otherwise I'll make due.

DPG21920
10-22-2010, 06:26 PM
Did you get the full team package last year or the 7 team, Manny?

Slydragon
10-22-2010, 09:57 PM
so next year with the lock out and everyone auto renews, wtf will you be watching? empty courts? NBA2k sim games for the season?