PDA

View Full Version : Getting the Most Out of Courtside Seats

Jess
10-19-2010, 02:22 PM
I've only ever been to a handful of games, usually in the upper deck. Courtesy of a client of my dad's, who holds season tickets for several locations in the arena, I've got courtside seats (directly opposite visitor's bench!) to the Nov. 13 game. Obviously, I want to make the most of it. From those of you with experience going to games: how early can you arrive? Are there different rules sitting courtside; are cameras allowed? If they are, I'd be happy to post the pics here. Any other tips are welcome. Thanks in advance.

spurs10
10-19-2010, 03:16 PM
Courtside will definitely get you in earlier. You have a shot for autographs and will be able to watch guys warm-up before they let everybody else in. It's a totally different experience up close. Have a great time. Oh yeah, the food in the lobby looks to be an upgrade as well. Ask the ushers where you can stand for autographs...I think photos without a flash are allowed.

DesignatedT
10-19-2010, 03:49 PM
2 hours before tip off if your sitting charter. Watch the warm ups and all that. You will have a waiter in your section also so you won't have to get up and go get food/drinks if you don't want to. Other than that enjoy. As for cameras, they are allowed but I don't think your supposed to be taking pictures in the middle of gameplay.

Jess
10-19-2010, 05:40 PM
Thanks guys. I'll look into it more of course, but it sounds amazing.

FromWayDowntown
10-19-2010, 05:46 PM
I sat on the first row courtside near center court for a Spurs/Pacers game in Indy, late in the 06-07 season. It was an awesome experience to be able to scream and yell and have the players and officials hear you.

My most vivid recollection of that game -- Joey Crawford gave Duncan a technical in that game for saying, and I quote: "That's crap."

The next time Joey saw Tim, Timmy laughed and Joey showed the world his ass.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-19-2010, 06:07 PM
I sat pretty much in the same seats you have back in 2007 when the Hornets came to town. They open up the doors at 5 (although I think we had to wait until 5:15) and you can certainly take your camera down and watch the warm-ups.

I ended up chatting with Chip Engelland and Brett Brown (both fantastic guys) who introduced me to Bruce, who couldn't have been more gracious and friendly. Also joked around with Big Shot Rob, and had TP sit down right next to me although he was in close conversation with Don Newman so I didn't say hi. Totally awesome experience.

Enjoy!

honestfool84
10-19-2010, 06:10 PM
I sat on the first row courtside near center court for a Spurs/Pacers game in Indy, late in the 06-07 season. It was an awesome experience to be able to scream and yell and have the players and officials hear you.

My most vivid recollection of that game -- Joey Crawford gave Duncan a technical in that game for saying, and I quote: "That's crap."

The next time Joey saw Tim, Timmy laughed and Joey showed the world his ass.

i thought that was during a Dallas game in Dallas... guess it happened twice.

FromWayDowntown
10-19-2010, 06:23 PM
i thought that was during a Dallas game in Dallas... guess it happened twice.

You misunderstood me.

What I said was that Tim was given a technical by Joey Crawford in a game in Indiana in early April 2007.

A couple of weeks later, Joey Crawford called his next Spurs game after the Indiana technical. In that game, as we all well know, Joey tossed Duncan for laughing and challenged him to a fight. Two different incidents, one famous and the other one pretty much remembered only by me because I happened to have been sitting courtside in Indy that night.

wildbill2u
10-19-2010, 06:42 PM
Back in the day, I used to split courtside season tickets with a friend and we also enjoyed going together. They were across from the team benches about mid court.

A word of warning. The TV cameras were on the other side of the court. You should be aware of them in case you need to pick your nose or your friends will never let you live it down.

The flip side to this TV exposure was this: I had gone through a messy divorce and my ex was extremely jealous of my new found freedom. I loved to take beautiful dancers to the games with me. Her reaction always made the monthly child support check a little easier to write.

Always be alert and keep your beer protected at all times. Its amazing how much ground these huge guys cover in a second or two and if they come into the stands for a loose ball, you'd better be ready.

ploto
10-19-2010, 10:48 PM
No cameras with detachable lenses.