PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Palmer to Spurs

TD 21
10-19-2010, 06:02 PM
Alex Kennedy: Two rookie free agents find homes with one preseason game left on the schedules. Kevin Palmer to San Antonio and Tiny Gallon to Boston (http://hoopshype.com/twitter_media.html).

lurker23
10-19-2010, 06:06 PM
Hmm...I saw a similar tweet earlier today that was a little more reserved about Palmer's status with San Antonio.

@ScottSchroeder Scott Schroeder RTed by aamcneill48MoH

Kevin Palmer (@Kpalmer15) was recently cut by the Washington Wizards, but is now on his way to work out for the San Antonio Spurs.

http://twitter.com/#!/ScottSchroeder/status/27874099844

Dex
10-19-2010, 06:19 PM
Yes, another 6'6 wing!

200 miles
10-19-2010, 06:48 PM
:bang :( :bang

wildbill2u
10-19-2010, 06:51 PM
The guy had a decent Summer league. Shot 57% FGA and 50% 3 pt. on limited shots but averaged 8ppg and 3 rebounds in 17 min. http://www.nba.com/summerleague2010/players/sl_kevin_palmer/

Draft Express said:

As a senior, Texas A&M-Corpus Christi swingman Kevin Palmer scored 28 points against Texas, 23 points against Mississippi, and 22 points against Houston while averaging just under 20 points per game. He managed to go mostly unnoticed, however, and arrived at Portsmouth firmly under the radar. Ultimately, Palmer had a solid showing and revealed himself as one of the camp’s more interesting long-term wing prospects.

Though he has a very skinny and undeveloped upper body, he has good size for the wing at 6’6. His style of play is heavily reliant on his athleticism, from running the floor well in transition to making an impact with his physical tools on the defensive end. While his defensive fundamentals are not great, he has some intriguing things to work with and should only get better with continued coaching and increased strength.

Palmer is likely a better shooter than his percentages indicate, boasting a fairly consistent shooting motion and a quick release. While his mechanics and shot selection could use some work, Palmer should continue to develop in this area as his role changes dramatically at the professional level. He also needs to improve his ball handling, as it limits his effectiveness in transition and in one-on-one situations.

Palmer is very much an incomplete player at this point and, like Edwin Ubiles (http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Edwin-Ubiles-5316/), has the potential to transform into a much better player down the road. He will have ample opportunities to develop as a role player the D-League or Europe as he showed some intriguing potential

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Kevin-Palmer-5953/#ixzz12qsMojDB
http://www.draftexpress.com

Might be a good development player for the Toros.

DesignatedT
10-19-2010, 06:53 PM
:bang :( :bang

?

200 miles
10-19-2010, 07:04 PM
?

Forgive me, I wasnt being at all specific. I have nothing against Palmer, I was just venting my frustation at the organization's love-fest with 6'6 wing players
and their inability to focus on furthering to strengthen their frontcourt. That is all.

EricB
10-19-2010, 07:06 PM
Forgive me, I wasnt being at all specific. I have nothing against Palmer, I was just venting my frustation at the organization's love-fest with 6'6 wing players
and their inability to focus on furthering to strengthen their frontcourt. That is all.

Who are these great mythical front court people that the Spurs are not bringing in?

ivanfromwestwood
10-19-2010, 07:39 PM
it turns out that he sings really well!nice

E8EpuxHklSo&feature=related

:downspin:

ChuckD
10-19-2010, 08:10 PM
Cause the spurs are to stupid to sign him......This guy can be a player. 6-10 300lb who can rebound play in the post and shoot the 3.....Boston gets it.......size matters! We grab another 6-6 tweener.....Lottery bound.

:lol:rollin:lol:rollin:lol:rollin:lol:rollin:lol:r ollin:lol:rollin

Gallon's not 6'10, he's 6'8", shoots the long ball WAY worse than Bonner (23% from the college line) and rebounds worse than Blair. If he's such a player, why did the Bucks throw him away?

The only thing lottery bound is our fucking fan base, judging by the likes of you.

Interrohater
10-19-2010, 08:14 PM

Gallon's not 6'10, he's 6'8", shoots the long ball WAY worse than Bonner (23% from the college line) and rebounds worse than Blair. If he's such a player, why did the Bucks throw him away?

The only thing lottery bound is our fucking fan base, judging by the likes of you.

:tu

DesignatedT
10-19-2010, 08:16 PM

gallon's not 6'10, he's 6'8", shoots the long ball way worse than bonner (23% from the college line) and rebounds worse than blair. If he's such a player, why did the bucks throw him away?

ftw

Solid D
10-19-2010, 08:17 PM
http://therookiewall.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Kevin-Palmer.jpg

Another ex-Wizard.

DPG21920
10-19-2010, 08:17 PM

Still think Malik looks over matched in the NBA and Gee doesn't? Still think Gee is a good shooter?

ChuckD
10-19-2010, 08:22 PM
Still think Malik looks over matched in the NBA and Gee doesn't? Still think Gee is a good shooter?

Gee has showed more so far in real NBA games than Malik, but yes, he's sucking this pre-season. You shouldn't be pissing on my horse though, when yours lugged out already. :lol

dbestpro
10-19-2010, 08:24 PM

Don't think either will get extended quality minutes in the NBA.

elemento
10-19-2010, 08:33 PM
well, let's give the guy a chance

ChuckD
10-19-2010, 08:39 PM
Everyone is having such spazz attacks. I don't think they've even signed him. Didn't the tweet say "worked out"?

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-19-2010, 08:47 PM
Surely they wouldn't sign this guy just to cut him soon after, especially this late in the preseason? Is this a sign that Gee and Simmons are done?

DeadlyDynasty
10-19-2010, 08:54 PM
who?

jjktkk
10-19-2010, 09:27 PM

gallon's not 6'10, he's 6'8", shoots the long ball way worse than bonner (23% from the college line) and rebounds worse than blair. If he's such a player, why did the bucks throw him away?

+1

ChumpDumper
10-19-2010, 09:32 PM
We're just cockblocking the Bismark D-League team.

ChuckD
10-19-2010, 09:45 PM
Surely they wouldn't sign this guy just to cut him soon after, especially this late in the preseason? Is this a sign that Gee and Simmons are done?

Hmm...I saw a similar tweet earlier today that was a little more reserved about Palmer's status with San Antonio.

@ScottSchroeder Scott Schroeder RTed by aamcneill48MoH

Kevin Palmer (@Kpalmer15) was recently cut by the Washington Wizards, but is now on his way to work out for the San Antonio Spurs.

http://twitter.com/#!/ScottSchroeder/status/27874099844

Doesn't say anything about him signing. Just a workout, so far.

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-19-2010, 10:04 PM
Doesn't say anything about him signing. Just a workout, so far.

Well, the link was cut off by the limit on that page, but there was another link saying he's expected to sign tomorrow.

EDIT:
Here we go:
http://twitter.com/#!/KPalmer15/status/27880322932

ElNono
10-19-2010, 10:05 PM
it turns out that he sings really well!

Maybe he's related to...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_cjOOgr9dDSc/Sr4tKDBbSBI/AAAAAAAAAnw/CtNDmyZTMyU/s400/robert_palmer.jpg

gospursgojas
10-19-2010, 10:19 PM
wgaf about this signing. He'll never sniff the court

timtonymanu
10-19-2010, 10:35 PM
So is this gonna be the 13th man? And both Simmons and Gee will be shown the door?

silverblackfan
10-19-2010, 10:43 PM
If he has defensive potential and room to grow, it could be Toros candidate. Hell you never know if he has a little 'Bruce' in him until they work him out... I know there will never be another Bruce, but you sure has hell could keep looking for a candidate.

Ditty
10-19-2010, 11:35 PM
ehh all I can say is I hope we look good Thursday against Houston

Darkwaters
10-20-2010, 01:05 AM
Go Islanders.

TD 21
10-20-2010, 01:20 AM
So is this gonna be the 13th man? And both Simmons and Gee will be shown the door?

No. If he's signed, I expect it to be a Toros signing.

It's a long shot, but if he plays well enough down there and Simmons plays bad enough up here and the Spurs are unable to acquire a clear cut upgrade over Simmons at some point, then Palmer could be a candidate to take his spot.

It just shows the Spurs are literally grasping at straws when it comes to finding a wing defender. If nothing else, he could still be a worthwhile pickup for the Toros.

TDMVPDPOY
10-20-2010, 01:25 AM
what is his wingspan?

Sean Cagney
10-20-2010, 03:28 AM
who?

Exactly...........

Biggems
10-20-2010, 11:02 AM
Go islanders

dbestpro
10-20-2010, 11:36 AM
Proper coaching and a growth spurt could make him a steal. He is worth the minimum to place him in Austin.

benefactor
10-20-2010, 11:41 AM
Proper coaching and a growth spurt could make him a steal. He is worth the minimum to place him in Austin.
Yes...they should sign him and hope he grows.

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-20-2010, 12:59 PM

:lol

Trill Clinton
10-20-2010, 01:45 PM

lol Exactly.

Gallon should have stayed in school.

Yannis Koutroupis
10-20-2010, 07:36 PM
lol Exactly.

Gallon should have stayed in school.

I agree and so does Tiny actually, but that wasn't an option for him. He told me he didn't feel ready and that he wanted at least another year but he got accused of taking money from an agent and the NCAA wasn't going to allow him to play until the investigated and made sure he didn't take anything. They told him it could take up to a year and Coach Capel told him it was better to just leave since he would definitely get drafted. He maintains to this day he didn't take anything and that he absolutely should have been eligible for this upcoming season, but I don't see how the NCAA would have ended up clearing him. Given the situation he did the right thing, he's better off making money than sitting around at Oklahoma, gaining weight and missing a year of action while being forgotten about.

dbestpro
10-20-2010, 08:06 PM

To clarify, the kid is skinny as hell and needs a little sand in his pants. I know benefactor is way to intellingent to imply anything else. The clarification was for all of the Mav and Lakers fans that might troll.

duncan228
10-21-2010, 03:40 PM
Couple of Tweeps have asked about Kevin Palmer. He's a Toros prospect, and not a Spurs prospect. Front-office dead set on 13-man roster.

Dr. Gonzo
10-21-2010, 04:14 PM
Go Islanders.

Go islanders

:tu

Go Islanders!

duncan228
10-21-2010, 05:28 PM
Gee & Cousin Austin bound?

Will be up to them, since Spurs don't retain their rights. Other teams might take look at Cousin

duncan228
10-21-2010, 06:28 PM
Cousin and Spur-for-a-day Kevin Palmer waived today. Pop thinks Cousin will find an NBA home but, "we had too many fives." Roster at 14.

AlleyOopNazi
10-21-2010, 06:37 PM
They should make Richards come to America and train under the Toros. Tired of draft picks sitting overseas then giving them up once they come to USA, only to find out that they actually developed into the player we drafted. -grits teeth

duncan228
10-21-2010, 06:39 PM
New rule allows spurs to assign players to Toros after being cut. Palmer headed to Austin. Cousin could be, if not picked up by NBA team.