PDA

View Full Version : Wow, Cuban blamed Nellie for his team losing

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-21-2005, 10:31 PM
Said it wasn't AJ's fault, wasn't the players' fault, but that it was because Nellie wasn't committed to winning basketball.

What a d!ck. Talk about throwing someone under the bus...

Jimcs50
05-21-2005, 10:33 PM
It is true, but he hired him and kept him...so fuckoff, Cuban.

Dre_7
05-21-2005, 10:39 PM
He actually said that??

Mark in Austin
05-21-2005, 10:40 PM
Damn. At least now we know who Dirk has been taking his leadership lessons from.

ducks
05-21-2005, 10:44 PM
you know if I am nelson I walk off on the mavs
and cuban does say he loves the team
I wonder if he actually will keep the team intact
terry has got one year left on his contract
dirk thinks he is a scrub so he would be the one out the door (but dirk is mad that he can not play with his friend steve)

ducks
05-21-2005, 10:45 PM
go to nba forum and he is quoted saying he loves the team
thinks it is a better team then with nash instead

stéphane
05-21-2005, 10:46 PM
For the 100times... Cuban is an ass. Thats the kind of guys who has nothing to do in the sports. Oops NBA is business not sports... :rolleyes

T Park
05-21-2005, 10:58 PM
Totally disgusting move from Cuban.

maxpower
05-21-2005, 11:13 PM
Not that i'm sticking up for cuban...because i get pleasure from seeing the look on his mug when they lose ...but Nellie has also gone on dallas radio and been less than diplomatic toward the players. I'm sure that has prompted cuban to stand up for his team.

Carnac
05-21-2005, 11:22 PM
It is true, but he hired him and kept him...so fuckoff, Cuban.

Cuban hired Nellie?
Cuban was a fan back trying to build an internet empire when Nellie was hired in 1996 by Don Carter.
Way to do your research before sounding off.

Sense
05-21-2005, 11:28 PM
Cuban just likes to make up excuses for his losses...he doesnt want more drama with dallas now, so he just blamed whoever he could.

Cuban isn't very mature for a rich fellah.

MadDog73
05-22-2005, 12:10 AM
The big question: will this team be kept together?

Or will Cuban once again "stir the pot", thus insuring that the Mavs never gain cohesion or any chance to win a Championship.

Duff McCartney
05-22-2005, 12:13 AM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y70/babysham1/nash.jpg

Pandaemonaeon
05-22-2005, 01:28 AM
Cuban is adamant at his stance of not making major changes. But he did say that there will be additions, specifically an athletic center to back up Dampier, so I'm guessing he's enlisting himself for the Dalembert sweepstakes or taking a gamble at Diop or Kwame.

http://img280.echo.cx/img280/9500/pandafish2jp.gif

nkdlunch
05-22-2005, 01:34 AM
Dirk is the white Kobe of these playofss :lol

iminlakerland
05-22-2005, 01:37 AM
Cuban once again running his mouth, a lot of the blame can be placed on him as well. So Mark tell me, are you gona move peices like crazy again?

MadDog73
05-22-2005, 01:39 AM
Cuban once again running his mouth, a lot of the blame can be placed on him as well. So Mark tell me, are you gona move peices like crazy again?

LOL! Next season, of course. Starting with Terry, which would be a huge mistake.

iminlakerland
05-22-2005, 01:53 AM
My relationship with Mark Cuban is Love Hate. Sometimes i love the things he says or does, but sometimes it boggles my mind and i wonder why i ever liked him.

ZStomp
05-22-2005, 05:04 AM
I have never been a fan of Cuban.

Never. I love looking at his face when his team fuks up or loses a game.

On that note, I'm sure he will make another BIG trade this summer. He always does. Whatever, as long as he doesn't own the Spurs.

mavsfan1000
06-05-2005, 01:20 AM
I'm sure he will make another BIG trade this summer.
I highly doubt it. How can you criticize a team that was at one point last place and now it is one of the best teams in the league. I know it is not a championship but his trades help the future for salary, youth, and expiring contracts. Nash will never win a championship because he doesn't play defense.

slayermin
06-05-2005, 02:59 AM
Without stability, how can you have success in the NBA?

I don't see it. Thank god, I am Spurs Fan.

GoSpurs21
06-05-2005, 03:00 AM
Cuban like dumbass D'Antonio thinks that offense wins championships...obviously some people just never learn...like the Bob Hill backers

mavsfan1000
06-05-2005, 03:06 AM
Why would he get Avery Johnson as coach and getting rid of their worst defender in Nash if they thought offense wins championships? Cuban has gotten a bad wrap for that.

RobinsontoDuncan
06-05-2005, 07:16 AM
I googled for a link, but couldn't find one, does anyone else have a link of this claim?

johnny00
06-05-2005, 07:55 AM
I'm with RobonsontoDuncan, is there a link?

RobinsontoDuncan
06-05-2005, 08:37 AM
bump

picnroll
06-05-2005, 08:44 AM
Nash will never win a championship because he doesn't play defense.

So where does that leave _irk?

Hook Dem
06-05-2005, 09:40 AM
http://img8.echo.cx/img8/426/maverickssuck2dc.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

JoeChalupa
06-05-2005, 09:53 AM
Why doesn't Cuban just use the Trump line and say "You're Fired!"?

RobertHorry4three
06-05-2005, 01:18 PM
Somebody tell me what Cuban is talking about? I thought the Mavs overachieved and made it further than they should have. It was his monkey ass sitting on the bench trying to be head cheerleader that lost the series for them. Either way the Spurs would have handled them without effort if they did ever make it past Phoenix.

RobinsontoDuncan
06-05-2005, 01:19 PM
Link anyone?

mavsfan1000
06-05-2005, 01:40 PM
Somebody tell me what Cuban is talking about? I thought the Mavs overachieved and made it further than they should have. It was his monkey ass sitting on the bench trying to be head cheerleader that lost the series for them. Either way the Spurs would have handled them without effort if they did ever make it past Phoenix.
I feel that we would've given San Antonio a tougher series than Phoenix. Phoenix is too small but Dampier could do a decent job on Duncan. We couldn't post up Phoenix and take advantage of their size so that is why we lost.

mavsfan1000
06-05-2005, 02:16 PM
Cuban Interview
How do you feel about this season?

We made some mistakes, but we'll learn from them. I'm ecstatic about where this team is. With the way that Avery and Del [Harris] have dealt with the team and getting to this point with only 30 games to get Avery's system in, I think it's great.

So the makeup of this team is to your liking?

I love this team. I think it's got a great foundation, and I'm proud of the way they fought through a lot of adversity this season. I love the pieces we have. We got guys like Stack [Jerry Stackhouse] and Fin [Michael Finley], Damp [Erick Dampier] and Shawn [Bradley] who are older. And then we have the next generation with Dirk [Nowitzki] and Josh Howard and Marquis [Daniels] and Devin [Harris].

For fans and media members who believe that losing Steve Nash for nothing was a mistake, what would you say?

When Steve left for more money, I thought, "Oh my goodness," because we made a mistake by not lottery-protecting the [2005] pick we traded to Utah for Pavel [Podkolzin].

So you thought there was a chance this team could finish in the lottery?

Yeah. And to get from that point to here, I'm so proud of this season. All I can say is congratulations to Steve and that I'd do it exactly the same way if we had it to do over again. You can't look back now and say, "Boy, we screwed up." What people are missing is that, if we decided to keep Steve, we wouldn't have had the same team.

We don't make the Antoine Walker trade. We don't get Dampier. We'd have a completely different team. We'd have Dirk starting at center, which he hates. And we'd have Walk as our [power forward]. I like this team better. We had six years to try it the other way. I'd do it all over in a heartbeat.

So there was no circumstance that you could have seen for keeping Nash last summer?

If I could have gotten Amare Stoudemire, too? Yes, I would have kept Steve. But they weren't offering Amare.

For people who use Nash's season and the Suns' win in the second round of the playoffs as a yardstick for how that deal turned out, what would you say?

They're idiots. What we've done in 30 games is unbelievable. The way we played in the past worked in the regular season. Now, we have Avery, who has a system that we not only can believe in but get players who can fit in to. I'm excited about next year.

I told my wife back when we were down 2-0 in the Houston series that, even if it goes to hell, I love this team. There's nobody who quits on this team.

What would you have done differently in the last season?

I wish I would have talked to Nellie [Don Nelson] earlier and made the coaching change, because he wasn't into it.

Are you more comfortable with this team under Avery Johnson than you were with it under Nelson?

Avery is a system coach. Nellie was a matchup coach. I thought the team got better while adjusting to a whole new style. I feel 1,000 percent better than I did a year ago.

You've said you love this team. Does that mean the roster is set for next year?

I think maybe we tweak it a little. We have a big center in Damp who can go against players like Shaq and Yao [Ming]. Now, we need to add an athletic center that can go against Amare Stoudemire and Andrei Kirilenko and those kind of guys.

I knew after last year that we had to make changes. Now? No, no, no, no. I trust Avery, and when we have a full training camp and season under him, I can't wait for next season.

mavsfan1000
06-05-2005, 03:54 PM
Don Nelson looked like he didn't care and that is why Cuban made changes. If Avery Johnson was coach for a full year Dallas would be playing better defense.
It was kinda late in the season to turn on the switch. That is not exactly blaming Don Nelson for this season. It is more of a compliment of what Avery can do starting in training camp.

Duff McCartney
06-05-2005, 04:30 PM
I feel that we would've given San Antonio a tougher series than Phoenix. Phoenix is too small but Dampier could do a decent job on Duncan.

What? Dampier couldn't do jack shit on anybody on the Phoenix roster but he's supposed do a decent job on Duncan? No way. Dampier probably hasn't played more than 20 minutes in any game he played against the Spurs this season.

He's about as effective on Duncan as a stiff breeze.

Dampier didn't do anything against Phoenix until somebody called his ass out.

ducks
06-05-2005, 04:31 PM
dampier would be in foul trouble
IDIOT

mavsfan1000
06-05-2005, 04:34 PM
dampier would be in foul trouble
IDIOT
Stoudemire is more athletic than Duncan and that's the type of player that gives Dampier trouble.

Chris
06-05-2005, 04:37 PM
What would you have done differently in the last season?

I wish I would have talked to Nellie [Don Nelson] earlier and made the coaching change, because he wasn't into it.

THAT IS TOTALLY DIFFERENT FROM WHAT AGGIE SAYS:

Wow, Cuban blamed Nellie for his team losing

Way to start shit AHF. Next time maybe a source or a quote would enlighten the rest of us who don't know better.