PDA

View Full Version : James Harrison: Pro Bowler, DPOY, ... Drama queen?

Warlord23
10-20-2010, 01:00 PM
James Harrison says he might retire (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5706748)

Well, how do you like that? A helmet-to-helmet hit is illegal per the NFL, whether he likes it or not. He already knew this, so why didn't he retire before the season started if he felt so strongly about it?

Phillip
10-20-2010, 01:02 PM
what a roided up piece of shit.

there is no player in the NFL that I despise more than James Harrison.

dirk4mvp
10-20-2010, 01:36 PM
in one instance where the Steelers don't get exactly their way, one of their faggot players threatens to retire :lmao

awesome.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-20-2010, 01:38 PM
what a roided up piece of shit.

there is no player in the NFL that I despise more than James Harrison.
Your hypothesis a year ago that he's a roider couldn't be more spot on. There's no way that guy hasn't taken roids. No normal athlete is a DPOY at age 30 when he was barely an NFL player at age 27.

I can't wait for Harrison to appeal the fine, Goodell to make a statement about how quickly James Harrison has turned around and become a clean player, and then reduce Harrison's fine.

Phillip
10-20-2010, 01:51 PM
Your hypothesis a year ago that he's a roider couldn't be more spot on. There's no way that guy hasn't taken roids. No normal athlete is a DPOY at age 30 when he was barely an NFL player at age 27.

I can't wait for Harrison to appeal the fine, Goodell to make a statement about how quickly James Harrison has turned around and become a clean player, and then reduce Harrison's fine.

Dude got abnormally big completely out of nowhere.

And it's bullshit how much the Steelers get away with, as I remember a game where he got into a tussle with another player and he was smashing the dude over the head with his fist, but Harrison didn't even get suspended. I don't even think he got a penalty or fine.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-20-2010, 01:53 PM
I remember a game where he got into a tussle with another player and he was smashing the dude over the head with his fist
It was the superbowl :lol

He didn't even get in a tussle. When the play was called he was standing over Ralph Brown, held him down and started beating on him. Even after sucking the Steelers off the entire game Chris "I rape high school girls" Collinsworth said he should be ejected for it.

Phillip
10-20-2010, 02:04 PM

He didn't even get in a tussle. When the play was called he was standing over Ralph Brown, held him down and started beating on him. Even after sucking the Steelers off the entire game Chris "I rape high school girls" Collinsworth said he should be ejected for it.

what a piece of shit

Obstructed_View
10-20-2010, 03:14 PM
I guess it's just too hard to have to re-train yourself not to use your helmet as a weapon against your opponent's face mask when his attention is on something else. What other choice is there but to retire?

san antonio spurs
10-20-2010, 03:42 PM
He's been a drama queen for quite a while now...nothing new really. He's not smart either.

Kermit
10-20-2010, 03:51 PM
He just wants to spend more time at home, slapping his girl around. They fine him less for that.

crc21209
10-20-2010, 04:40 PM
What an idiot...

gaKNOW!blee
10-20-2010, 05:20 PM
you cant lead with your helmet, its that fucking simple. there's plenty of players a hell of a lot better than harrison who never get fined and shit for dirty hits.

IronMexican
10-20-2010, 05:28 PM
Hataz hatin'

LakerHater
10-20-2010, 10:10 PM

http://209.160.24.97/ds_img_direct.php?i=190506james.gif&t=8&d=1fjdcjav7c&x=360&y=480&l1=169&l2=61

Obstructed_View
10-20-2010, 10:35 PM
And one would think that Harrison had the stupidest quote of the day about the new public resolve to actually enforce rules that have been around for years, but one would be wrong:

"If I get a chance to knock somebody out, I'm going to knock them out and take what they give me. They give me a helmet, I'm going to use it."

- Soon to be Piggly Wiggly bag boy Channing Crowder

samikeyp
10-21-2010, 09:56 AM
Let him retire. One less cheap-shot artist.

monosylab1k
10-21-2010, 10:16 AM
I can't wait till James Harrison is 38 years old and his brain has turned into jell-o and see what he thinks of headhunting then.

Jose Canseco
10-21-2010, 11:33 AM
I never thought I'd say this, but that guy shouldn't use steroids.

Warlord23
10-21-2010, 01:12 PM
Looks like he "reconsidered" ..

Harrison returns (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5710059)

Warlord23
10-21-2010, 01:17 PM
Schlereth goes off (http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5706315)

While a Mark Schlereth rant is not my my idea of must-see TV, he does make a couple of valid points:

1. The NFL showcases and makes money off of violent hits
2. The treatment of ex-NFL players is pathetic

Obstructed_View
10-21-2010, 01:35 PM
Wake me when the NFL releases a "Greatest Helmet-to-Helmet hits" video, Stink.

You don't tackle with the crown of your helmet. It's amazing that the NFL was happy to fine Darren Woodson for using his shoulder pads to separate the man from the ball and now every pro-union stooge with a bone to pick with the league uses this bullshit to make a mountain out of. Schlereth spent as much time whining about how he can't bend his knee and the NFL won't pay for his insurance.

leemajors
10-21-2010, 01:37 PM
Harrison's not leaving the remainder of that contract on the table.