PDA

View Full Version : Colts punter Pat McAfee was arrested for intoxication

sa_butta
10-20-2010, 01:59 PM
INDIANAPOLIS -- Indianapolis Colts (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/ind/indianapolis-colts) punter Pat McAfee (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=12689) was arrested for public intoxication Wednesday after police said he took a pre-dawn swim in a city canal and told them "I am drunk" as he tried to explain why he was sopping wet.

Police arrested McAfee about 5 a.m. in the Broad Ripple neighborhood, known for its nightlife. Officers say the 23-year-old, second-year player from West Virginia had a blood-alcohol content of 0.15 percent, nearly twice the legal limit for driving in Indiana.
McAfee is the fourth Colts player to be arrested on alcohol-related charges this year. Team president Bill Polian said in a statement that the team was aware of the latest incident.

Before the arrest, McAfee posted this on Twitter: "Bye week bye week bye week. Time to get some ish done. Happy Tuesday Party people."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5706081

lefty
10-20-2010, 02:04 PM
onozomigod

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-20-2010, 02:09 PM
Classless organization. Absolutely classless.

J.T.
10-20-2010, 02:48 PM
Police had asked [Pat McAfee] if he had been swimming in the Broad Ripple Canal, which he responded,

“I don’t know.”

They then asked him why he was wet and he responded,

“It was raining.”

Too bad it hadn’t rained since the day before. Next, they asked him where his shirt was, he said

“It is in the water.”

They then asked him how much alcohol he had dranks and he replied,

“A lot cause I am drunk.”

McAfee told police he was waiting for a ride home but instead decided on taking a cab. He asked police if he could walk home saying,

“I know I am drunk but does that mean I cannot walk home?”

He then was arrested for public intoxication after having a BAC of .15 and taken downtown.

:lmao get this guy a contract extension now

sa_butta
10-20-2010, 03:20 PM
"our drunk idiot kicker"
Peyton Manning

dirk4mvp
10-20-2010, 07:53 PM

:rollin :lmao :rollin

the guy is now my favorite player on the team.

DeadlyDynasty
10-20-2010, 09:48 PM

:lol

He's actually a really cool dude...I interviewed him at a HS football game last year (believe it was Plum in Pittsburgh) when I wrote for the Tribune-Review

san antonio spurs
10-20-2010, 10:55 PM
He's suspended one game. That's harsh for being drunk...

Kai
10-20-2010, 11:36 PM
No Dallas Clark, no punter (although they won't need a punter against the Texans), and probably no Addai going into the Monday night game against Houston. I like this...

sa_butta
10-21-2010, 02:02 PM
No Dallas Clark, no punter (although they won't need a punter against the Texans), and probably no Addai going into the Monday night game against Houston. I like this...
No Austin Collie either.

SpursFanFirst
10-21-2010, 04:11 PM
They then asked him how much alcohol he had dranks and he replied,

“A lot cause I am drunk.”

:lol
This team is falling apart, and SA_Butta is all over it.

Where's Dungy?

J.T.
10-21-2010, 04:20 PM
I wouldn't say "falling apart". They have first round talent backing up Addai and Collie, and Jacob Tamme has been with the team a long time and hauled in some nice catches.

The one guy the Colts absolutely cannot lose is Manning. As long as they have him they should be good to make the playoffs.

J.T.
10-21-2010, 04:20 PM
I wouldn't say "falling apart". They have first round talent backing up Addai and Collie, and Jacob Tamme has been with the team a long time and hauled in some nice catches.

The one guy the Colts absolutely cannot lose is Manning. As long as they have him they should be good to make the playoffs.

sa_butta
10-21-2010, 04:24 PM

Can't deny that injuries to Clark, Addai, and Collie don't hurt though....Im not saying they will not make the playoffs or that they will be horrible... But these are key guys to lose on offense, especiall Clark.

J.T.
10-21-2010, 04:34 PM
Can't deny that injuries to Clark, Addai, and Collie don't hurt though....Im not saying they will not make the playoffs or that they will be horrible... But these are key guys to lose on offense, especiall Clark.

If Clark ends up getting surgery and is out for the year that's a swift dick punch to the Colts super bowl hopes, but it won't be hard at all to split carries between Brown and Hart and replace Addai's numbers. Anthony Gonzalez bitched to the media in preseason about feeling like the team didn't give him a fair shot to win his job back... well, here you go kid. An injury to the guy in front of you. Go prove yourself. He played well in the slot in 07-08 so he should be able to pick up Collie's slack.

sa_butta
10-21-2010, 04:46 PM
If Clark ends up getting surgery and is out for the year that's a swift dick punch to the Colts super bowl hopes, but it won't be hard at all to split carries between Brown and Hart and replace Addai's numbers. Anthony Gonzalez bitched to the media in preseason about feeling like the team didn't give him a fair shot to win his job back... well, here you go kid. An injury to the guy in front of you. Go prove yourself. He played well in the slot in 07-08 so he should be able to pick up Collie's slack.
Sounds fair on paper, we shall see how it translates on the field, I have to admit having Manning healthy is key and he should be able to sling the ball to just about anybody.

dirk4mvp
10-21-2010, 08:05 PM

The 3rd SB the Texans are playing so far this season looking good with the Colts' injuries.

Kai
10-22-2010, 11:27 AM
The 3rd SB the Texans are playing so far this season looking good with the Colts' injuries.

:toast:lol

J.T.
10-28-2010, 05:57 PM
http://www.feelthebuzz.net/naptowntees/FB_landing_page_mockup.jpg

im so buying this