PDA

View Full Version : So what's Dan Gilbert's plan?

MiamiHeat
10-21-2010, 11:29 AM
In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

“I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE”

You can take it to the bank.

Remember that letter from July, after LeBron's decision?

So does anyone have any ideas on how exactly he plans to come through with this guarantee? I'm having a tough time figuring it out.

Jose Canseco
10-21-2010, 11:31 AM
Trade any assets to contending teams like the Lakers, Celtics, and Magic on the cheap to keep the Heat from winning it all.

Don't be surprised when Andrew Bynum gets injured again and the Cavs trade Anderson Varejao and JJ Hickson for Sasha Vujacic.

dallasmavsnfuego214
10-21-2010, 11:32 AM
Just another stupid guarantee made from the heat of the moment

MiamiHeat
10-21-2010, 11:33 AM
Trade any assets to contending teams like the Lakers, Celtics, and Magic on the cheap to keep the Heat from winning it all.

Don't be surprised when Andrew Bynum gets injured again and the Cavs trade Anderson Varejao and JJ Hickson for Sasha Vujacic.

This is actually a good idea.

Keep trading assets away to the Lakers, Celtics, and Magic, or anyone until LeBron retires without a ring.

Then they have all of eternity to win a ring and keep the promise?

Evil genius?

Giuseppe
10-21-2010, 11:33 AM
It would be sweeter than the Ellis girl if Gilbert's claim came to fruition, us as possible stepping stone withstanding.

dickface
10-21-2010, 11:40 AM
XuCuohleiV0

DeadlyDynasty
10-21-2010, 12:37 PM
He's going to hire al-Qaeda to take out the Heat's team plane

SomeCallMeTim
10-21-2010, 11:23 PM

So does anyone have any ideas on how exactly he plans to come through with this guarantee? I'm having a tough time figuring it out.

It's adorable how you're sticking up for your boyfriend here.

Jose Canseco
10-27-2010, 08:41 PM
Maybe Gilbert's right.

Cleveland > Boston > Miami

noob cake
10-27-2010, 08:42 PM

The man is a billionaire, he has the means

lefty
10-27-2010, 11:38 PM
Just another stupid guarantee made from the heat of the moment

I see what you did there ...

SenorSpur
10-28-2010, 12:32 AM
As unlikely as Gilbert's impetuous promise may seem, it could happen. Here's why. Gilbert will likely be an owner for a lot longer than Lebron will be a player. Therefore, Gilbert should have many more opportunities to win won a title than LBJ.

Sisk
10-28-2010, 01:01 AM
As unlikely as Gilbert's impetuous promise may seem, it could happen. Here's why. Gilbert will likely be an owner for a lot longer than Lebron will be a player. Therefore, Gilbert should have many more opportunities to win won a title than LBJ.

Didn't his promise say he'd win a 'ship before LeBron though?

AussieFanKurt
10-28-2010, 01:53 AM
If this happens I'll be dancing for a while