PDA

View Full Version : HDD not detected help..

TDMVPDPOY
10-22-2010, 02:17 AM
So i just bought a new internal wd 2tb hdd sata

i plug it in and all the cables etc, jump into bios it appears the hdd

then into windows vista64 boots up, i head into my computer, the new hdd doesnt appear...

so what must i do?

ps

okay so i found the solution to this bs, i t hought it was plug n play horseshit

must head into disk management under admin and initiate the new HDD, format and set a partition...fkn lame...

baseline bum
10-22-2010, 03:45 AM
So i just bought a new internal wd 2tb hdd sata

i plug it in and all the cables etc, jump into bios it appears the hdd

then into windows vista64 boots up, i head into my computer, the new hdd doesnt appear...

so what must i do?

ps

okay so i found the solution to this bs, i t hought it was plug n play horseshit

must head into disk management under admin and initiate the new HDD, format and set a partition...fkn lame...

LOL, what company is going to pre-partition and format an internal hard drive? Anyone who knows enough to open the box and put the power and sata cables in the right place would know how to partition and format his drive. Not everyone uses NTFS and not everyone only wants only one partition on the drive.

PM5K
10-22-2010, 04:03 AM
It is plug and play, it's just not formatted and partitioned.

How would you like it if you bought that hard drive for your MAC and it was formatted NTFS, or if you'd bought it for a Windows 7 PC and it was formatted HFS+?

TDMVPDPOY
10-22-2010, 05:50 AM
man i partitioned it ntfs, stored some files onto it

restarted the comp

the new hdd doesnt even appear in my computer

i head back into disk management under admin << the hdd appears and says uniniated and 1.8tb free space unallocated

fkn pissin me off b4 it works and i stored like 80gb of data and now its missing...fkn lame