PDA

View Full Version : Town of "F***ing, Austria" tired of prank calls

ShoogarBear
10-22-2010, 08:20 PM
http://web.orange.co.uk/article/quirkies/Fing_sick_of_telephone_pranksters

Angry residents in the Austrian village of F***ing are complaining about drunken English-speaking telephone pranksters.

They say callers ring at all hours, demanding to know "Is that F***ing" - before bursting into laughter and then hanging up.

The problems began after tricksters noticed residents of the village could be found by typing the word 'F***ing' into the online Austrian telephone book.

Also suffering thanks to the service are the locals of the Austrian villages of "Oberf***ing" "Windpassing", "W***ham" and "Rottenegg" - although it seems F***ing is the most popular among pranksters.

And now random callers have been making life miserable for the villagers.

Johann Maier, 56, told local media: "It's true - we get calls and a voice in English asking if we are in F***ing or is that F***ing - then there is laughter or something - and then they hang up."

Mayor Siegfried Hauppl said: "I don't know why they have to go on about it all the time the English - we are always in the news but we are just a little village - we want to be left in peace."

And he rejected any suggestion that the village change its name.

Last year locals in the Swiss village of W*** urged the F***ing residents to lighten up - open a few guest houses and sell postcards to cash in on their fame.

The W*** Guest House, they pointed out, was full all year round,

ShoogarBear
10-22-2010, 08:22 PM
"Hello, ees zis zee Fucking Police Department? May I speek to zee Fucking Police Chief?"

LoneStarState'sPride
10-23-2010, 02:31 AM
Lol

Slomo
10-23-2010, 03:44 AM
I once drove through that Fucking village.

AussieFanKurt
10-23-2010, 06:13 AM
my sister and mother visited that fucking village

MaNuMaNiAc
10-23-2010, 07:40 AM
Last year locals in the Swiss village of W*** urged the F***ing residents to lighten up - open a few guest houses and sell postcards to cash in on their fame.

that's just :lol

Chachachango
10-23-2010, 08:55 AM
LOl. Well, time to change the fucking name.

ShoogarBear
10-23-2010, 10:04 AM
I couldn't figure out what the Swiss village of W*** is. Being this is a British paper, I'm guessing it's "Wank".

Fpoonsie
10-23-2010, 11:05 AM
I couldn't figure out what the Swiss village of W*** is. Being this is a British paper, I'm guessing it's "Wank".

OOOOooook. I was just about to ask.

That's hilarious, though.

eisfeld
10-23-2010, 11:47 AM
Hehe, that's a small jerkwater town in Austria and honestly they deserve to get those prank calls due to that name ;)

Drove through there once - love the sign beneath the place-name sign.

http://images.hiddenrhino.multiply.com/image/3/photos/22/500x500/55/FC04.jpg?et=iSjMWXz%2CYMwu8wFBv418Jw

Translates as:
Please, not so fast...

Fpoonsie
10-23-2010, 11:50 AM
Translates as:
Please, not so fast...

:rollin

xellos88330
10-23-2010, 03:55 PM
Hilarious! I know where to go take my second honeymoon.

phxspurfan
10-25-2010, 05:10 PM
Hehe, that's a small jerkwater town in Austria and honestly they deserve to get those prank calls due to that name ;)

Drove through there once - love the sign beneath the place-name sign.

http://images.hiddenrhino.multiply.com/image/3/photos/22/500x500/55/FC04.jpg?et=iSjMWXz%2CYMwu8wFBv418Jw

Translates as:
Please, not so fast...

On the fail level of the Chevy NoVa...