PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Roy or Kevin Durant?

LeHeat_Dynasty
10-23-2010, 08:29 AM
Kobe said on the John Thompson show he'd take Roy over Durant 365 days/7 days a week because Roy has no weakness in his game. Do you agree with him?

Is Kobe threatened by Durant? or is Kevin Durant being overrated by a lot of folks?

My take? I agree on Kobe, Roy is a much better player and I'd pick him over Durant anytime of the week. I think Durant is severely overrated by the fans and media nowadays. Sure he was the reigning scoring champ and he just led team USA to a world championship, but most people are dubbing him already as the MVP for this coming season which is absurd IMO. I'd pick Melo, Roy and Deron Williams over Durant. Durant is a poor rebounder,defender and an equally aweful playmaker. SMH at people thinking he's better than Lebron too.

Giuseppe
10-23-2010, 09:02 AM
I'd take Rondo. There is no quit in him. Durant packed it in against Artest. Melo has made a habit of quitting throughout. And Williams balked during the Lakers series as well.

Roy is alright. He's just nothing to write home about.

Muser
10-23-2010, 09:34 AM
Durant.

Muser
10-23-2010, 09:36 AM
Dumbass OP too, Durant averages 7 rebounds per game.

LeHeat_Dynasty
10-23-2010, 10:48 AM
I'd take Rondo. There is no quit in him. Durant packed it in against Artest. Melo has made a habit of quitting throughout. And Williams balked during the Lakers series as well.

Roy is alright. He's just nothing to write home about.

Are you serious with this post? Two of your Lakers (Artest claims Roy is the best player he ever faced) confirmed Roy is the one of the hardest to guard and has the most well rounded game in the league.

Deron hasn't balked against LA, that was Carlos Boozer FYI.

LeHeat_Dynasty
10-23-2010, 10:51 AM
TBH, Durant was pretty aweful against LA last year minus one game. Any of Westbrook, Ibaka or Thabo Sefalosha's defense on Kobe did more damage than Durant. I'd say Durant's performance last year was more of a role performance caliber similar to James Harden and Jeff Green.

Durant=Overrated.

Giuseppe
10-23-2010, 10:53 AM
Are you serious with this post? Two of your Lakers (Artest claims Roy is the best player he ever faced) confirmed Roy is the one of the hardest to guard and has the most well rounded game in the league.

Deron hasn't balked against LA, that was Carlos Boozer FYI.

I ain't anybody's fart catcher.

And Williams gave up, pure & simple.

Ashy Larry
10-23-2010, 10:57 AM
kd

Mark in Austin
10-23-2010, 12:07 PM
For a player as great as everybody claims Roy to be, he sure says a lot of stupid, selfish things.

tlongII
10-23-2010, 12:08 PM
For a player as great as everybody claims Roy to be, he sure says a lot of stupid, selfish things.

:lol Like what? :lol

Kai
10-23-2010, 12:36 PM
Awesome poll, I voted for both.

duhoh
10-23-2010, 12:39 PM
durant based on health.

roy has always had knee problems, even back when he was at UW as a fellow husky

itzsoweezee
10-23-2010, 01:47 PM
LOL Roy LOL. Kobe like Roy because he's a ballhog much like Kobe himself. Of course the narcissist in Bryant is going to like him.

Anyone with half a brain knows that Durant shits all over Brandon, it's not even close.

And to the OP, Durant is a poor rebounder and defender, but Melo and Roy are better? You're beyond retarded. Durant is better than both every possible facet of the game. Idiot.

DeadlyDynasty
10-23-2010, 02:21 PM
Did Kobe really say that? If so, that's fucking stupid...KD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Roy

san antonio spurs
10-23-2010, 02:28 PM
The OP never stated any reasons why Roy is better than Durant yet stated reasons that should be in favor of Durant. I'm confused

TIMMYD!
10-23-2010, 03:25 PM
You'd have to be a dumbass to take Roy over KD.

LeHeat_Dynasty
10-23-2010, 03:26 PM
The OP never stated any reasons why Roy is better than Durant yet stated reasons that should be in favor of Durant. I'm confused
I put a lot of stock on playoff performance. Roy's 1st playoff performance is easily better than Durant's stinker series.

tomtom
10-23-2010, 08:59 PM

You're an idiot. That said I'd probably take Durant over Roy, stats don't lie.

FkTL
10-23-2010, 09:08 PM
Roy was drafted #6 overall by timberwolves and was then traded to Blazers immediately.

ginobili's bald spot
10-23-2010, 09:19 PM

Yea I doubt he said that. If he did that's fucking stupid. Roy isn't anywhere near KD.

angelbelow
10-24-2010, 01:26 AM
Durants only 21 right? at least a few years younger than Roy i think. Why wouldn't you take durant?

DeadlyDynasty
10-24-2010, 01:32 AM
Durants only 21 right? at least a few years younger than Roy i think. Why wouldn't you take durant?

That's a question Blazers fans will hear for the next 10-12 years. Just as they were getting over the Jordan/Bowie tragedy too...

PM5K
10-24-2010, 02:12 AM
but most people are dubbing him already as the MVP for this coming season which is absurd IMO.

He was the MVP last season so it's not a stretch to me.

#41 Shoot Em Up
10-24-2010, 02:23 AM
DUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, Brandon Roy.............. you know the guy who Ron "retard" Artest called the best he ever played against.............................

#41 Shoot Em Up
10-24-2010, 02:24 AM

He's an idiot. Need I say more?

4>0rings
10-24-2010, 03:33 AM
There's 9 Portland fans here?

Koolaid_Man
10-24-2010, 08:14 AM
Kobe said on the John Thompson show he'd take Roy over Durant 365 days/7 days a week because Roy has no weakness in his game. Do you agree with him?

Is Kobe threatened by Durant? or is Kevin Durant being overrated by a lot of folks?

My take? I agree on Kobe, Roy is a much better player and I'd pick him over Durant anytime of the week. I think Durant is severely overrated by the fans and media nowadays. Sure he was the reigning scoring champ and he just led team USA to a world championship, but most people are dubbing him already as the MVP for this coming season which is absurd IMO. I'd pick Melo, Roy and Deron Williams over Durant. Durant is a poor rebounder,defender and an equally aweful playmaker. SMH at people thinking he's better than Lebron too.

say mane....:lol you didn't to well in deductive logic / reasoning when you were in school huh? I didn't think so...:lol

Kobe didn't say he'd take Roy over Durant, nor did he say Roy was better, he simply stated Roy was a tougher cover 24/7 and 365...

Artest also said Roy was his hardest assignment but he also said Durant was the 2nd best player in the league...so the two sentiments of tough cover and best player aren't mutually exclusive.

Stop getting your fudge stained panties all wet this morning...:lol

Koolaid_Man
10-24-2010, 08:15 AM
say mane....:lol you didn't to well in deductive logic / reasoning when you were in school huh? I didn't think so...:lol

Kobe didn't say he'd take Roy over Durant, nor did he say Roy was better, he simply stated Roy was a tougher cover 24/7 and 365...

Artest also said Roy was his hardest assignment but he also said Durant was the 2nd best player in the league...so the two sentiments of tough cover and best player aren't mutually exclusive.

Stop getting your fudge stained panties all wet this morning...:lol

Oops did I say fudge stained...I meant blood stained...:rollin

nkdlunch
10-24-2010, 01:06 PM

tbh Kobe was probably trollin

and the OP is a dumbass to take him seriously