PDA

View Full Version : Extract 3 teams in the league

LeHeat_Dynasty
10-23-2010, 10:42 AM
The NBA is talking about extracting teams. I think the league is better with less teams and possibly less games (about 62 games in a season is better IMO).

New Orleans Hornets- This one is obvious. I think they have been in the losing money and asset business since its franchise inception. Chris Paul's talents are better showcased somewhere else.

LA Clippers- Come on, who cares about the Clippers when LA is known as a Laker city. They have been aweful and insignificant since 1975. The league cutting all its ties from Donald Sterling is also a welcoming idea.

Toronto Raptors- Vince Carter, TracyMcGrady & Chris Bosh knows whats up. Though a great city, Toronto is not a basketball city . I understand the whole expanding the NBA franchise worldwide idea by Stern, but honestly, he'll have more success in

Up and coming extractee:

Mavericks- Do we need 3 teams in Texas? heck no. Considering the Spurs and Rockets have contributed prestige in the leagues image winning 6 titles in the last 15 years while Dallas matches the amount of NBA titles Roy Tarpley has, I think the league really needs to re-assess the significance of the Mavericks once Dirk hangs them up. I like Cuban, he's a great NBA owner and though his cash flow is virtually unlimited, I think his patience will eventually reach a saturation point that will force him to sell his ownership. A guy can only take some much depression and humiliation.

Muser
10-23-2010, 10:47 AM
Cuban won't sell the Mavs.

Giuseppe
10-23-2010, 10:51 AM
The league trapped itself without restraint in expansion & salary structure. It's much too late now to go back.

Ashy Larry
10-23-2010, 11:01 AM
Canadian basketball did work when Vince was there yammin' on everyone ..... was a very exciting atmosphere and Toronto is one of North America's major city. Top five city. When the team is doing well, the city will follow, just like any other city.

TDMVPDPOY
10-23-2010, 11:12 AM
extracting? more like merging teams

cause if u going to extract, whose going to pay out those folding teams? thats like a 300m loss in capital investment for the owners...unless the nba buys them out

GuerillaBlack
10-23-2010, 11:36 AM
Memphis and New Orleans.

#41 Shoot Em Up
10-23-2010, 12:11 PM
The NBA is talking about extracting teams. I think the league is better with less teams and possibly less games (about 62 games in a season is better IMO).

New Orleans Hornets- This one is obvious. I think they have been in the losing money and asset business since its franchise inception. Chris Paul's talents are better showcased somewhere else.

LA Clippers- Come on, who cares about the Clippers when LA is known as a Laker city. They have been aweful and insignificant since 1975. The league cutting all its ties from Donald Sterling is also a welcoming idea.

Toronto Raptors- Vince Carter, TracyMcGrady & Chris Bosh knows whats up. Though a great city, Toronto is not a basketball city . I understand the whole expanding the NBA franchise worldwide idea by Stern, but honestly, he'll have more success in

Up and coming extractee:

Mavericks- Do we need 3 teams in Texas? heck no. Considering the Spurs and Rockets have contributed prestige in the leagues image winning 6 titles in the last 15 years while Dallas matches the amount of NBA titles Roy Tarpley has, I think the league really needs to re-assess the significance of the Mavericks once Dirk hangs them up. I like Cuban, he's a great NBA owner and though his cash flow is virtually unlimited, I think his patience will eventually reach a saturation point that will force him to sell his ownership. A guy can only take some much depression and humiliation.

:lmao Heat "fan"

Kai
10-23-2010, 12:36 PM
Memphis is a joke. They should be disbanded or moved to Seattle and renamed to something more suiting to a Seattle basketball team...

Chomag
10-23-2010, 02:26 PM
Guess their Lakers will have to lose thier farm team.

sefant77
10-23-2010, 02:37 PM
Memphis
NO
Heat (Miami is anyway a football city), they just all jumped 2006 and now on the bandwagon

Take away the Clippers from Sterling, please.

Give Seattle a franchise back.

Steve Kerr
10-23-2010, 02:38 PM
Get rid of the WNBA first since it loses more money every year than all of these teams.

Pelicans78
10-23-2010, 11:52 PM
Hornets are close to getting a new owner. Doubt they will get extracted once he takes over.

Darthkiller
10-24-2010, 12:00 AM
get rid of the heat, they cant even fill their arena in the playoffs with one of the best players in the league.

DeadlyDynasty
10-24-2010, 12:05 AM
Memphis
L.A. Clippers
Raptors

Kevin Durant 35
10-24-2010, 12:07 AM
Memphis is a joke. They should be disbanded or moved to Seattle and renamed to something more suiting to a Seattle basketball team...

I wish

DeadlyDynasty
10-24-2010, 12:08 AM
get rid of the heat, they cant even fill their arena in the playoffs with one of the best players in the league.

They'll argue that they did sell out, but the "fans just showed up late." Same thing with Dolphin games. In Miami the stadiums and arenas are empty in the 1st and 4th quarters (you gotta beat traffic, right?).

PM5K
10-24-2010, 02:10 AM
The Clippers is something everyone here can agree on.

AussieFanKurt
10-24-2010, 03:18 AM
Clippers should go without any doubt. Waste of fucking space

4>0rings
10-24-2010, 03:30 AM
Seriously, why wasn't Sterns family gassed in WWII? All Hitler did was leave rich jews to conquer the world, thanks a lot.

#2!
10-24-2010, 03:49 AM
Seriously, why wasn't Sterns family gassed in WWII? All Hitler did was leave rich jews to conquer the world, thanks a lot.
Holy shit:lmao

Juanobili
10-24-2010, 03:52 AM
don't the clippers make money? or is it just the owner? lol

AussieFanKurt
10-24-2010, 05:27 AM

oh dear............

Giuseppe
10-24-2010, 05:34 AM

& one gentile who went 10 for 30.

tee, hee.

LeHeat_Dynasty
10-24-2010, 05:55 AM
Another team that may be doomed is the Indiana Pacers. The franchise value is at an all time low.

And what's up with the peoples non basketball comments on this board. Come on, please contribute within the topic. Can the moderator step up in this board.:rolleyes

resistanze
10-24-2010, 08:32 AM
Canadian basketball did work when Vince was there yammin' on everyone ..... was a very exciting atmosphere and Toronto is one of North America's major city. Top five city. When the team is doing well, the city will follow, just like any other city.

+1. The Raptors suck, but there's like 10 teams that would go before Toronto loses their franchise. The Raptors were top 5 in attendance in the earlier part of this decade, and are in the middle of the pack even now.

Trill Clinton
10-24-2010, 09:55 AM
surprised noone mentioned the Nets yet. They had a game that barely cracked a 1,000 people last year lol.

Minnesota, Memphis and honorable mention Toronto.

LeHeat_Dynasty
10-24-2010, 10:18 AM
Nets have a new owner willing to spend some money. They are also set to move to Brooklyn with a new arena.

ohmwrecker
10-24-2010, 10:32 AM
I think they could lose about 8 teams and be alright.

GuerillaBlack
10-24-2010, 01:19 PM

And then the Thunder move to the SW division. Makes too much sense to happen though.

JMarkJohns
10-24-2010, 02:00 PM
Hawk - Bad fan support
Charlotte - Jordan will only drive it into the ground
Raptors - Average market, limited ceiling

Grizzlies - Mediocrity written all over them
Timberwolves - have had some success, but are a joke right now
Clippers - Needs to get done.

Hornets - Transfer to Seattle after Seattle gets its shit together with an Arena

Keep three division per conference, four teams per division or go to two divisions of six teams.

Conduct a lottery for contracted player dispersal, where the worst recorded team has 24x the likelihood of the best recorded team to win the top over all pick... Dispersed players' salaries will not count against CAP for duration of current deals.

Players of note on the market...

Hawk - Johnson, Smith, Horford, Williams
Charlotte - Wallace, Jackson, Diaw, Augustine
Raptors - Bargnani, DeRozan, Davis, Calderon, Barbosa

Grizzlies - Mayo, Gay, Gasol, Randolph, Arthur, Thabeet, Henry
Timberwolves - Love, Brewer, Johnson, Beasley, Ellington
Clippers - Griffin, Kaman, Gordon, Davis, Aminu

Other solid role players of note as well... Every team remaining would become an additional two-deep in their rotations. It would trim some fat in worthless players salaries and owners only interested in flipping shit for profit and fanbases undeserving/unable to support a team with volume and consistency.

Would be drastic, but league would be better for it.

AussieFanKurt
10-24-2010, 05:17 PM
If any teams are to go Clippers should be first followed by maybe Grizz and T'wolves. Hawks have performed well of late and unless they collapse financially I don't see them going soon.

Zelophehad
10-24-2010, 05:40 PM
Phoenix Mercury
New York Liberty
Los Angeles Stars
+Whatever team Terrazzi is on

AussieFanKurt
10-24-2010, 05:41 PM
Phoenix Mercury
New York Liberty
Los Angeles Stars
+Whatever team Terrazzi is on

cue BRHornet in 3,2,1

JMarkJohns
10-24-2010, 09:40 PM
If any teams are to go Clippers should be first followed by maybe Grizz and T'wolves. Hawks have performed well of late and unless they collapse financially I don't see them going soon.

And yet Joe Johnson was booed for complaining about low attendance despite their recent success. The fans suck. Can't draw for shit...

Booharv
10-25-2010, 04:31 AM
The responses in this thread fail because the Clippers operate at a profit every year. The best point brought up is that the WNBA needs to be eliminated. Thats a must.