PDA

View Full Version : Splitter might play the 1st game

nbaman99
10-23-2010, 11:05 AM
Splitter has recovered from a muscle injury to plant the right leg that kept him out all preseason games. The Brazilian has conducted intense training to get their way physical and should debut in the Spurs in the first game of the regular phase, against the Indiana Pacers on Wednesday.

One athlete closer to the wing-pivot in the cast of the Spurs, Manu Ginobili of Argentina said he has tried to support Splitter early this difficult time in Texas.

"It's a difficult moment, because the preseason is for someone new to fit on your opponents and know their teammates. But it goes back to playing when you are better. What he needs is to be patient and relax, because things will come to him. It's a great kid, a hard worker and knows how to play, "Ginobili said
http://45graus.com.br/tiago-splitter-e-vetado-e-so-estreia-pelo-san-antonio-spurs-na-fase-regular,esporte,71068.html

Muser
10-23-2010, 11:09 AM
How many different sources have said yes and no now?

boutons_deux
10-23-2010, 11:42 AM
Usually, when a new Spur misses his first pre-season, he doesn't play until January, or until his second year. :)

Spurs Brazil
10-23-2010, 03:09 PM
Splitter has recovered from a muscle injury to plant the right leg that kept him out all preseason games. The Brazilian has conducted intense training to get their way physical and should debut in the Spurs in the first game of the regular phase, against the Indiana Pacers on Wednesday.

One athlete closer to the wing-pivot in the cast of the Spurs, Manu Ginobili of Argentina said he has tried to support Splitter early this difficult time in Texas.

"It's a difficult moment, because the preseason is for someone new to fit on your opponents and know their teammates. But it goes back to playing when you are better. What he needs is to be patient and relax, because things will come to him. It's a great kid, a hard worker and knows how to play, "Ginobili said
http://45graus.com.br/tiago-splitter-e-vetado-e-so-estreia-pelo-san-antonio-spurs-na-fase-regular,esporte,71068.html

This article just put the same quotes we read on EN and other places. It has no news. I'm trying to find some stuff on sports websites here in Brazil but no news, just the same we've been reading from EN

siraulo23
10-23-2010, 04:15 PM
Im wondering if intense training implies participating 5 on 5

Dex
10-23-2010, 04:29 PM
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.urlesque.com/media/2010/01/prayingkaguraptiibyphotocap.jpg

The Truth #6
10-23-2010, 04:35 PM
Assuming his injury completely heals, this is probably good that he gets some extra rest. Playing competitively in the Summer will only add to the rookie wall most players hit.

Cessation
10-23-2010, 04:42 PM
Spurs being smart with Splitter.

DJB
10-23-2010, 04:49 PM

Reading that gave me a headache.

angelbelow
10-23-2010, 08:07 PM
Hope we get a good look at him.

#2!
10-23-2010, 08:30 PM
Tiago was also feeling that injury he sustained in the World Championships. This was a good break for him.

Yep. I never liked that the plan was for him to come out of the Worlds with an injury and dive straight into camp, preseason, and 82 games + playoffs. He needed to rest at least a little bit.

Hopefully since he's been able to stand, and walk around freely (based on what I've seen at preseason games) he has been doing some type of walk-throughs with the playbook. Before the last game against Houston he appeared restless and anxious to get on the court (standing, and kind of bouncing/shifting his weight alot on the sideline watching his new teammates warm up), which is a great sign as far as I'm concerned.

AussieFanKurt
10-23-2010, 09:53 PM
Can't wait to see him. No doubt he'll be a solid player in time

LongtimeSpursFan
10-23-2010, 10:51 PM
If this is true then I may decide to go to game afterall.

nbaman99
10-23-2010, 11:54 PM
This article just put the same quotes we read on EN and other places. It has no news. I'm trying to find some stuff on sports websites here in Brazil but no news, just the same we've been reading from EN

maybe you have seen it before, but this is the first time i saw an article saying he fully healed. so yeah its news to me.

nbaman99
10-23-2010, 11:55 PM
Reading that gave me a headache.

if reading this you had a headache, you should consult a doctor, because its not normal.

Man In Black
10-24-2010, 01:25 AM
I watched the BRA-USA game again, and this time I paid attention to Tiago's gait as he was moving up and down the floor and then laterally. It seemed as if his right leg had a slight hitch in it but he was still able to finish some lobs for dunks and his rotations were solid. His gait seemed choppy but you can tell he has a strong understanding of pick and roll AND flex-cut offenses. His passing in the interior was tricky and he flashes really well to reveal a nice screen with his hands as a solid target.

duncan228
10-24-2010, 01:47 PM
Splitter went through most rigorous practice since injury. Still no contact, and has been ruled out of Wednesday's opener

duncan228
10-24-2010, 04:20 PM
Splitter working hard, but still not ready to play (http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/tim_griffin/2010/10/splitter-working-hard-but-stil.html)
By Tim Griffin

http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/tim_griffin/2010/10/splitter-working-hard-but-stil.html

tlongII
10-26-2010, 10:49 AM
LOL Splitter.

lefty
10-26-2010, 10:58 AM
LOL Splitter.
You meant LOL Bowie, LOL Oden

And LOL not drafting MJ

TwelveGs210
10-26-2010, 10:58 AM
LOL Faggot

Agloco