10-23-2010, 04:36 PM
lol they "stack"ed

TDMVPDPOY
10-23-2010, 04:39 PM
might as well throw in white towel and call it a season

wildbill2u
10-23-2010, 04:56 PM
Via twitter
Assuming this is correct, does anyone notice that veterans withouta ring may line up to play with a big 3 in towns like LA, Bostonl, Chicago and Miami, but not to the small town atmoshere of SA.

Despite all our high hopes and love for our hometown, we're alway like the bride who is left at the altar while the bridegroom runs off with her slutty maid of honor.

Dex
10-23-2010, 05:01 PM
Assuming this is correct, does anyone notice that veterans withouta ring may line up to play with a big 3 in towns like LA, Bostonl, Chicago and Miami, but not to the small town atmoshere of SA.

Despite all our high hopes and love for our hometown, we're alway like the bride who is left at the altar while the bridegroom runs off with her slutty maid of honor.

When veterans line up for rings, they try to do it for the elite contenders, like the top three teams in the league. Unfortunately, Spurs are not really in that company anymore.

When that was us, it was a lot easier for us to draw in the Brent Barrys, Michael Finleys, Kevin Willis', and Robert Horrys of the league.

Right now, those honors pretty much go to the Lakers, Heat, and Celtics.

Chomag
10-23-2010, 05:27 PM
He can still walk?

The Truth #6
10-23-2010, 05:33 PM

That's basically true...but what use could Stackhouse be? No thanks.

spectator
10-23-2010, 05:54 PM
not a big deal; what i can't understand is why didn't they sign dampier? we all saw him getting owned by duncan in the PO, but IMO he is better than the scrubs on their bench that no one has ever heard of. Z is a corpse, joel is a foul machine with no post game; i don't get it. are they over-rating their Cs or do they plan on playing haslem-bosh as PF-C combo in crunch time? that line-up would get killed by the size of the lakers/celtics/even spurs if we go tim-tiago

spectator
10-23-2010, 05:57 PM
When veterans line up for rings, they try to do it for the elite contenders, like the top three teams in the league. Unfortunately, Spurs are not really in that company anymore.

When that was us, it was a lot easier for us to draw in the Brent Barrys, Michael Finleys, Kevin Willis', and Robert Horrys of the league.

Right now, those honors pretty much go to the Lakers, Heat, and Celtics.

r u saying you want this scrub on our team? he's so old that when i saw a highlight of him dunking, i thought he was doing the robot-dance at first.

anakha
10-23-2010, 06:55 PM
Mike Miller is supposed to be out for at least 2 months, so this is basically a stopgap measure for Miami.

It'll be hilarious if he has to be the first wing off the bench, though.

ChuckD
10-23-2010, 08:31 PM
:lol Stackhouse is a fucking NBA corpse at this point. Really? This is the best they could do? Shit, Finley would be a better option, even out of shape. He played well for BOS down the stretch, and would be a perfect stop gap player for a few months.

#2!
10-23-2010, 08:34 PM
Oh no, not that! Anything but THAT!

lefty
10-23-2010, 08:35 PM
And that is Spurs related because...

pawe
10-23-2010, 09:04 PM
Its Spurs related because Stack is a Spur killer...and everyone are laughing right now.
I bet the same people will be crying when Stack, who will probably average 2-3ppg for the season, burns the Spurs with 15 pts.

SenorSpur
10-23-2010, 09:06 PM
Yawn!

lefty
10-23-2010, 09:15 PM
Its Spurs related because Stack is a Spur killer...and everyone are laughing right now.
I bet the same people will be crying when Stack, who will probably average 2-3ppg for the season, burns the Spurs with 15 pts.
So what, you think we will meet MIA in the Finals? :lol

GSH
10-23-2010, 09:53 PM
He's a year younger than Grant Hill, and last season he shot the 3 about as well or better than he ever has. He only played 42 games last season, but he put in 20 minutes per game. He's an experienced vet with solid playoff experience, and I'm sure they got him for the vet minimum. What they need of the bench is some guys who won't play stupid and lose games for them. Especially with Mike Miller being out for the beginning of the season. He's not an exciting addition, but I'm not surprised they signed him.

TJastal
10-23-2010, 10:48 PM

Ever heard of Antonio McDyess?

tdunk21
10-24-2010, 12:48 AM
miami heat: destination for old washed up players.....

Sean Cagney
10-24-2010, 03:08 AM
Everyone trying to go there to get a ring this year, he is the latest!!!!!! F HIM.

TE
10-24-2010, 03:10 AM
This news isn't related to the Spurs. Am I missing something here?

Thompson
10-24-2010, 09:16 AM
I've hated that p.o.s. ever since he threw Ginobili onto his back as hard as he could and then pushed down on his neck to get up. He was without question trying to injure him badly, and the refs didn't even call a flagrant if I recall correctly.

I was hoping he'd retire ring less; I don't think Miami will win it this year though, and he probably won't still be needed next year, so it might still happen.

Dex
10-24-2010, 10:14 AM
r u saying you want this scrub on our team? he's so old that when i saw a highlight of him dunking, i thought he was doing the robot-dance at first.

Hardly. I've always tagged Stackhouse as a cancer, and that was even before he became Geriatrics Stackhouse.

I'm just saying that the reason veterans like this don't flock to San Antonio anymore is because we aren't at the top of the totem pole. If a veteran is going to gamble one of his few remaining playing years on a chance to get a ring, the smart bet is to do so for a team favored to make the Finals.

That's why the Lakeshow and the Cheat are able to pull in star names for less, just like the Spurs did when they were winning their championships.

jacobdrj
10-24-2010, 10:43 AM
as long as Stack isn't on the floor in the 4th quarter, or forced to take a shot while the team is trailing, than this is a good filler-minute signing...

SenorSpur
10-24-2010, 10:48 AM
I've hated that p.o.s. ever since he threw Ginobili onto his back as hard as he could and then pushed down on his neck to get up. He was without question trying to injure him badly, and the refs didn't even call a flagrant if I recall correctly.

I was hoping he'd retire ring less; I don't think Miami will win it this year though, and he probably won't still be needed next year, so it might still happen.

I had completely forgotten about that play. I always thought Stackhouse was a bit of a cheap shot, wanna-be, tough guy. Now that his skills have eroded tremendously, he'll probably still try and master those so-called, "veteran moves" of his.

Don't worry Stackhouse will be rendered useless and see about as much playing time as Michael Finley will this year - and he's not even on anyone's roster, at this point.

Dex
10-24-2010, 10:54 AM
Don't worry Stackhouse will be rendered useless and see about as much playing time as Michael Finley will this year - and he's not even on anyone's roster, at this point.

Shh. Don't remind Pop.

SenorSpur
10-24-2010, 11:14 AM
Shh. Don't remind Pop.

:lol