PDA

View Full Version : How many championships does Kobe...?

Nathan89
10-23-2010, 04:17 PM
How many championships does Kobe have without a top 10 player on his team? How many does Duncan have? Don't dodge the question Laker fans.

First thread in the nba forum. Lets see how this goes.

BadOdor
10-23-2010, 04:19 PM
Gnsf.

Giuseppe
10-23-2010, 04:19 PM

Muser
10-23-2010, 04:35 PM
Will Spur fans stop posting this bullshit please?

Giuseppe
10-23-2010, 04:39 PM
Your fandom needs to recognize the 5-4 count and live with it. If somehow Duncan rings again afore Bryant would tack on anothern, then you'd be feelin' better. Absent that, you're just SOL.

#2!
10-23-2010, 09:15 PM
Your fandom needs to recognize the 5-4 count and live with it. If somehow Duncan rings again afore Bryant would tack on anothern, then you'd be feelin' better. Absent that, you're just SOL.

Actually as fans of the team/player in question we'll probably be able to always find reasons like this to hold on to our beliefs, and the joy they bring us. Spurfan should accept the fact that alot of people in the world will consider Kobe the better guy with just 1 more ring, or even none.

If Kobe makes it to 7-8 titles the case will be indisputable (4/5 'ships w/out shaq), but since I am a fan of a rival team/player then I will wait until these incredibly high standards are met to relinquish my position.:lol

Giuseppe
10-23-2010, 11:45 PM
^It's a cockeyed way to look at it, but, nobody can stop ya.

It'd be like me splaining away Boston with 17 and us with 16. No. I wouldn't be caught dead doing such a thing.

You guys though don't mind brazening it out in such a manner. And to your credit you do it head held high with nary an ounce of hesitation. It's not a ball bust in your estimation. You genuinely believe your righteous & justified.

Switch it around:::I could do the hatred of your numerical superiority without a problem. But, I couldn't do the juxtapositioning & rationalization of the staid numbers.

This Spurs Fandom is a wonderment.

Ashy Larry
10-24-2010, 08:46 AM

They can't .... most of them can't fathom the thought of that kid practically single handedly destroyed that 2001 Spurs squad in the real NBA Finals (Philly was a first round match up) and did considerable damage while the Fat Man was on the bench. God, I love Ant Daniels:depressed

Purch
10-24-2010, 09:17 AM

Gasol's not a top 10 player.

resistanze
10-24-2010, 09:29 AM

I don't know what's more retarded, history2b's shitty trolling attempts or grey-named spurfan's attempts at retaliation.

ohmwrecker
10-24-2010, 09:35 AM
Or, a Toronto Raptors fan having an opinion on the matter at all?

resistanze
10-24-2010, 09:37 AM
Why are you responding? Were you making retarded pointless threads as well?

Leetonidas
10-24-2010, 09:51 AM

Gasol's not a top 10 player.

In today's NBA? Yes he certainly is. Especially playing next to a perimeter star like Kobe.

Trill Clinton
10-24-2010, 09:52 AM

quoted for emphasis

Purch
10-24-2010, 09:53 AM
In today's NBA? Yes he certainly is. Especially playing next to a perimeter star like Kobe.

He falls into that 11-15 range IMO.

Leetonidas
10-24-2010, 09:57 AM
Meh, I can see how you could come to that. But I think right now he is probably the best big man in the league behind Dwight (that speaks more to how shitty the C/PF position is today than how good they are) and just ahead of Dirk and Timmy for the #1 PF spot. Of course, Tim is a better player but only when he flips the switch, otherwise he's usually coasting. 10 players I would take ahead of Gasol?

Wade
James
Howard
Durant

And that's maybe it...I'm not saying he's a top 5 player though, but I would definitely take him over any other big man in the NBA not named Howard...Dirk is close, I might pick Dirk for ONE season over Gasol, but in terms of who I would want now, I take Pau. He's in his prime and he's a beast, that can't really be denied. I think he would be perfect next to an aging Duncan, sorta like Robinson/Duncan back in the day except Tim is better than old D-Rob still and Gasol isn't as good as young Timmy. I didn't say Kobe because I'm talking guys I would take on the Spurs and Kobe is getting up there in age. Dominant big men are hard to find.

ohmwrecker
10-24-2010, 10:10 AM
Why are you responding? Were you making retarded pointless threads as well?

Nope. I haven't made a thread all off season. Thanks for playing.

Giuseppe
10-24-2010, 10:58 AM
^Jesus, Lee with a coherent moment.

resistanze
10-24-2010, 11:05 AM
Nope. I haven't made a thread all off season. Thanks for playing.

That's exactly my point. My comment wasn't even relevant to you -- no reason for your ass to bleed.

TheMACHINE
10-24-2010, 11:20 AM
How many championships does Kobe have without a top 10 player on his team? How many does Duncan have? Don't dodge the question Laker fans.

Kobe - 2 and counting

TheMACHINE
10-24-2010, 11:21 AM

so the question is...without Kobe, is Gasol a top 10 player? I dont think he is even top 10 right now...maybe 12-13.

ohmwrecker
10-24-2010, 12:03 PM
That's exactly my point. My comment wasn't even relevant to you -- no reason for your ass to bleed.

Seriously? :rolleyes

I'm just waiting for the season to start and some serious discussions to commence. It's all fun and games right now. These trolls don't know what they are in for. It's about to get nasty.

Everybody is right. Kobe has one more ring than Timmy. Kobe has never won a championship without a top ten big. The Spurs never repeated, but four in 4 in 9 is pretty astonishing for a small market team that spends 30 million less in player payroll than the Lakers. Point is . . . who gives a shit?

BUMP
10-24-2010, 12:15 PM
crofl at grey named SpurFan getting butthurt by the weakest LakerTroll in history.

you guys are turning him into lakaluva when he's about as unfunny as lefty

Giuseppe
10-24-2010, 12:19 PM
I'm just waiting for the season to start and some serious discussions to commence.

Please.

This place is like an Oriental fire drill after first game tip.

ohmwrecker
10-24-2010, 12:22 PM
Please.

This place is like an Oriental fire drill after first game tip.

Cully, come on upstairs for a spell. You can be my plus one. If you miss behave though, I'll kick you back downstairs like a slinky.

Giuseppe
10-24-2010, 12:25 PM
I dabble up there, but, I don't loiter. It's not safe. Miss Kori is after me on a good day. She catches me up there when she's having a bad day and I'll be out on my ass again.

Booharv
10-24-2010, 12:30 PM
I dabble up there, but, I don't loiter. It's not safe. Miss Kori is after me on a good day. She catches me up there when she's having a bad day and I'll be out on my ass again.

Yeah, now is definitely not the time to be fucking with the owners of the site. Your schtick is tiresome enough under normal circumstances anyways.

Giuseppe
10-24-2010, 12:38 PM
Yep, after doing this for 15 years I can sense the wrath before it actually hits me.

You got some genuine hope:::if the Heat triumph Tuesday evening it MA., I'll be gone 'till New Years Day.

Man In Black
10-24-2010, 09:25 PM
It's the same argument for Phil not being able to win without at least 2 All-NBA performers on his team the same seasons.
MJ & Pippen
Shaq & Bean
Bean & Pau

For Pop it looks like so:
Tim
Tim
Tim & Manu
Tim & Tony

Nathan89
10-24-2010, 09:45 PM
It's the same argument for Phil not being able to win without at least 2 All-NBA performers on his team the same seasons.

I guess that why for every gm poll about coaches Pop is ahead of the pack.

SouthTexasRancher
10-24-2010, 10:48 PM

First thread in the nba forum. Lets see how this goes.

C'mon Nathan89, Kobe has put this crap to rest. He led his Lakers to another back to back. He has earned his props! Lebron on the other hand hasn't done diddley...squat...!

Giuseppe
10-24-2010, 10:58 PM
I guess that why for every gm poll about coaches Pop is ahead of the pack.

And vaguely in the dust of 11-4.