mojorizen7
10-24-2010, 03:56 AM
6 wins in three seasons.
14 game HOME losing streak.
Marc fucking Bulger.
Scott fucking Linehan.
'07= Bad
'08= worse
'09= 1st pick(after cleaning house with new HC Steve Spagnuolo)

Enter Sam Bradford and year 2 under Spags and the dfensive philosophy that he relocated from the SB champion NY Giants in '08.
3-3 after six weeks and getting better with each tick of the timeclock.

Ok fine,we're not juggernauts. We're in the short bus division.....
We have a WR core that features an UDFA in Danny Amendola,a former 6th rd pick in Brandon Gibson, and an UDFA we pulled up from the practice squad last week in Danario Alexander.....but we're gettin it done thus far.

The difference is the defense and Bradford.

The Defense
Thru six weeks the D has allowed 3 pts in the 1st qtr....THREE.(and that FG came against Detroit after that ignorant opening onside kickoff that failed).
Sic.

The dfense has allowed only 23 pts in the 4th qtr thru six weeks....not bad.
The problems have come in the 3rd qtr when inexperience has overcome preparation...but the red zone defense has remained stingy all season long....seemingly the philosophy of a Spagnuolo defense. I'll take that at this point.
2nd yr guy Bradley Fletcher is quietly having a very good season at CB.

Sammy Bradford
-69.3 QB rating(meh)
-56.8 completion %(ok)
-7 TD 8 INT(ok)
-playing behind an OLine with a rookie LT(R.Saffold) and 2nd yr RT Jason Smith.(ok)
-Leads ALL quarterbacks in passer rating on 3rd and long...with these pedestrian recievers. NICE :king
The Dude abides.:hat
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:KObjdXy1KcGf5M:http://forums.terrybrooks.net/Avatars/888/dude.jpg&t=1

He's been phenominally better than i thought he'd be. He owns the huddle,has the physical tools,doesn't get rattled and is a hard worker off the field....and his own worst critic.

Ok,enough praise....cuz if we go out and lay an egg on the road @ Tampa tomorrow we'll just be the Seahawks.

I'm out.

4>0rings
10-24-2010, 03:59 AM
Sam Braford suprised the fuck outta me. I thought he was another Colt my arm hurts where's daddy?

The guy can play and is not a china doll. He never looks nervous in the pocket.

pawe
10-24-2010, 09:50 PM
All aboardddd!!!

The Cardinals would love to have Bulger's corpse if you dont want it anymore.
Anyway, as the others have said before, they will be in the thick of things but not this year.

symple19
10-25-2010, 02:46 PM
Gotta think the Rams are the best team in the division, with Seahawks second

Niners and Cards should be relegated to the CFL, imo

Still, this division is atrocious and may be won by an 8-8 or 9-7 team

pawe
10-25-2010, 09:52 PM
You think the Cards and niners suck? The niners are fucked in terms of chemistry but the Cards are just missing the right mindset which is to run the ball. Yes, they have a qb problem but when they let it go and just start running the ball, they are dangerous. Defense is also showing up as evidenced by the Seattle game. Im confident they will win the division.

HarlemHeat37
10-25-2010, 11:01 PM
Man, I wanted Spags..if only the Broncos and Rams could have switched coaches..

DeadlyDynasty
10-25-2010, 11:36 PM
tough loss for STL this week...15 unanswered

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
10-25-2010, 11:40 PM
Hard to say. I watched them get steamrolled by the Lions and Bradford is next to last yards per completion. Not knocking the kid, but it's been mostly their D getting it done.

Bartell has looked good and James L. is a solid player.

Definitely making strides in the right direction. AJ Green would be a nice pickup for Bradford and that offense.

mojorizen7
10-26-2010, 09:07 PM
The Rams "M.O." is definately out there for all future opponents to see now.
They will come out aggressively on both sides of the ball,get a 2 score lead, then Spags goes into the "playing-not-to-lose" philosophy in the 2nd half. Spags decides that he'll just put ALL the pressure on his defense to preserve the lead. Thus they play a near perfect 1st half and then get gassed in the 4th qtr. To be fair the Rams secondary has dropped A TON of INT's this season. They need to learn to capitalize on the other teams "gifts"....and they havent done that.

I thought Spags was an Andy Reid disciple,not Marty fucking Shottenheimer.
I get it that Bradford doesnt have the weapons yet,but for fucks sake, throw the damn DOWN THE FIELD.....just occasionally....or the 8 & 9 man fronts are going to continue.

Tough loss indeed,especially with the way the other divisional teams are stacked up.
I cant be too pissed though...the progress is there. These losses have been hard to digest but easy to have hope for the future.
4 pt loss to AZ
2 pt loss to Oakland
Blown out by Detroit
1 pt loss to Tampa
Fuck. :bang The difference between possibly being 6-1 and 3-4 in this league is what makes this game so great though...:toast

Hell,even if we cant win a road game we could still finish 7-9 which would be cool by me.

AJ Green would be awesome but the Rams record(im going with 6-10) wont be shitty enough to draft this kid.

pawe
10-26-2010, 10:08 PM
Kid is the best Qb in the division now. He is just calm and composed in the pocket. I'd tank the season if I were the Rams just to get one more go to guy for Bradford and go ape shit on the division next year.

mojorizen7
10-31-2010, 07:26 PM
4-4
2nd place in the Short Bus division
(exhales) Its going to be a very happy bye week......gotta get ready for the Niners in 2 weeks though.They're finally starting to play some football.

Bradford hasn't thrown a pick in the last 3 games.

JMarkJohns
10-31-2010, 07:56 PM
Cardinals have two starting quarterbacks and twixt the pair they already have a season's worth of INTs with more than half their season remaining. Disgusting. Rams will win. Shame they don't have a receiver like Fitz or even Breaston. I'd like to see what Bradford could do with some real receivers.

mojorizen7
11-29-2010, 06:57 AM
A road win.....finally.
1st place in the short bus division.
Bradford is a man among fellow rookies.....just give him ROY already please.
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs268.snc1/9531_148639142599_49343967599_2614563_5144642_n.jp g

TE
11-30-2010, 01:42 AM
Bradford is balling.

pawe
11-30-2010, 02:15 AM
Congrats on the Rams' win next week against the tanking Cardinals.

mojorizen7
12-08-2010, 02:58 AM
Wow.
It's becoming more and more likely that the St Louis Rams might actually end up winning the short bus division and hosting a playoff game.
We're currently in 1st place and it will likely come down to beating Seattle @ Qwest Field in week 17 for the division title.
We're 6-6. Thats the total number of games we've won in the last 3 years combined. :lol

If that's the case, ya never know...........
Despite being the 2nd youngest team in the league the ingredients seem to be there to possibly,maybe make a little noise in the NFC postseason.

The Good:
-SJ39 is healthy and running hard in December.
-The team overall is relatively healthy actually.
-The OLine seems to be gelling.
-Bradford has cut his early rookie mistakes down to practically nill.
-The defense has been able to stop the run(for the most part) and consistently get pressure on the QB.
-The red zone defense still remains a strength.

The Bad:
-We still have no recievers.
-Young team. There might be 2 or 3 guys on this roster that have started in a playoff game in their career.
-Last place schedule has this team still unproven thru 12 weeks.
-Young coaching staff in terms of inexperience.

The Ugly:
-Despite hosting a 1st rd playoff game we'd likely get either New Orleans or Atlanta.....whichever team gets the wildcard.

Good times for Rams fans regardless though.
This season has made it much easier for me to completely ignore whats been going on w/the PHX Suns.....who are still in what i like to call "The Ignorant Steve Nash Re-cycling mode."

pawe
12-08-2010, 10:14 AM
Grats!

mojorizen7
12-28-2010, 12:48 AM
One more victory needed to get to 8-8 and the opportunity to host a playoff game.....
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:KObjdXy1KcGf5M:http://forums.terrybrooks.net/Avatars/888/dude.jpg&t=1
Pretty fucking far out says The Dude.

pawe
01-02-2011, 11:09 PM
Ouch! That INT hurts. I like the Rams to host a playoff game. There's always next year kid.
*I hope I jinx the Hawks with this.

mojorizen7
07-30-2011, 07:46 AM
bump:

Bring on 2011 mofo's....
The year we eat NFC West QB's alive and spit 'em out enroute to the division title and a return to the playoffs after a 7 year hiatus.

Kolb,Tavaris Jackson,Alex Smith and whoever the fuck is gonna take snaps for these teams better gear up! :wakeup

Pumped!

pawe
07-30-2011, 10:49 AM
Goodluck! Hoping for no key injuries for both squads.

Kolb loading up for Fitzgerald......Touchdown ARRRRRRIZONA! <<< better get used to this though.

symple19
07-30-2011, 12:19 PM
Rams win the division this year

Spursfan092120
07-30-2011, 02:21 PM
my second favorite team, tbh...the only team I've ever seen live. hope they have a good season.

Lefty's understudy
07-30-2011, 06:39 PM
Sam Braford suprised the fuck outta me. I thought he was another Colt my arm hurts where's daddy?

:hat

mojorizen7
09-10-2011, 10:16 PM
Spags: "Wait,what did you say that was called?...a down-the-field pass play?"

McDaniels: "Yup."

Spags: "Show me again."
http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/stltoday.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/0/46/0466aad8-90fb-5a75-b31b-92060dbe4295/4e4b0cd72990f.image.jpg

Spursfan092120
09-11-2011, 09:32 AM
http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/stltoday.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/0/46/0466aad8-90fb-5a75-b31b-92060dbe4295/4e4b0cd72990f.image.jpg

When did the Rams sign Ari Gold to coach?

Spursfan092120
09-11-2011, 01:51 PM
Rams just got screwed on that call on the return. Holding penalty my ass.

4>0rings
09-11-2011, 02:45 PM
lock this thread up for another year

TIMMYtoZO
09-11-2011, 04:49 PM
Not impressed with Philly at all. My god are they overrated.

Spursfan092120
09-11-2011, 06:03 PM
Not impressed with Philly at all. My god are they overrated.

says the guy who's team is getting pwned right now by Rex fucking Grossman. :lmao

mojorizen7
09-19-2011, 12:38 AM
Gotta go into NY tomorrow night and get that 1st win.
The rest of the division lost...and our schedule only gets tougher in the weeks ahead.(Baltimore,Washington, @ Green Bay)

Rams should be able to get to Eli Manning and rough him up a bit.
Bradford needs to get going offensively and start making more progressive reads downfield(enough of the auto-matic-Fucking-checkdown bullshit)...and our WR's need to learn how to catch the damn ball!

Very concerned with our starting CB's. Bartell is OUT, Fletcher is nursing a bad toe/foot. Justin King is awful and Al Harris is old.

I anticipate a helluva lot of blitzing.

Any word on Hakeem Nicks' status?

Spursfan092120
09-19-2011, 07:20 AM
Any word on Hakeem Nicks' status?

I've heard he's likely to play...not sure.

mojorizen7
09-20-2011, 04:32 PM
Mistake after mistake after mistake after mistake...
Would've been nice to have SJ last night,but no excuses....boneheaded mistakes by rookies,young guys and vets killed any chance of winning a very winnable game.

JMac....why not run the no-huddle more exclusively last night? The GMen had NO ANSWER FOR IT.....oh wait they did. Still,you go with whats working. Eventually the refs would have to throw a flag or have a conference with Coughlin right? LOL when the entire Giants defense drops to the ground and cries over a scratched elbow...McDaniels should have pushed it further.

I'm a little tired of this defense carrying the O's jock strap for them too.

The Giants were the better team simply because they capitilized on the Rams mistakes. Eli looked like shit.

mojorizen7
12-31-2011, 02:18 AM
http://www.realramsfans.com/images/avatars/4821382954efbd08b7bfc9.jpgIn SpagsMcVaney we no longer trust.
10-37 in three seasons under Spags.
If this regime doesnt get the boot on Monday i'm gonna blow a gasket. Believe it or not there are whispers that owner Stan Kroenke might retain Spags and force a tweaking of his assistant coaches......fuck that. Spags coaches not to lose and word is he's a micro-managing control freak who doesn't even talk to his players at halftime. WTF?

Fire Spags,fire McDaniels and shitcan GM Billy Devaney for stockpiling bad talent in four years for drafting at the top of the draft board. Ok he's done a decent job at the top of the draft but has been pure shit beyond the 2nd rd. TE's and slot recievers galore...none stick.

I'll stick with a core group of Bradford,Brandon Lloyd,Rodger Saffold and Harvey Dahl on offense.....
and James Laurinaitis,Chris Long,Quintin Mikell and Robert Quinn on defense.

Give me Jeff Fisher in 2012.
Dont want Gruden anywhere near this team....

In the last 6 seasons: the Rams went 11-25 under Scott Linehan and now 10-37 under Spags.
LOL Rams indeed.

This franchise needs an enema.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-31-2011, 09:11 AM
Their big mistake was hiring McDaniels

leemajors
12-31-2011, 11:06 AM
Their big mistake was hiring McDaniels

broncos fans still hate that guy

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-31-2011, 11:45 AM
el oh el

BroncoFan was declaring McDaniels a future HOF coach after he started 6-0 in his first season.

mojorizen7
09-17-2012, 06:43 PM
:lol
http://cjzero.com/gifs/MorganFlag.gif

mojorizen7
12-10-2012, 12:13 AM
Winning games in December...it's been awhile. :lol

3 wins a row for the first time since Marc Bulger was behind center and the year Marshall Faulk retired....fuck it.
:toast to you Jeff Fisher.

mojorizen7
07-27-2013, 04:04 AM
:bump for 2013

Defensive front seven is gonna wreck QB's this year.
If Bradford can put it together with this speedy young offense and score more points the Rams could arrive a year earlier than expected.

Spursfan092120
07-28-2013, 11:17 AM
Again...my second favorite team...can't wait till they get their shit together. Right coach, and they're building. Right direction.

mojorizen7
07-29-2013, 03:45 AM
My Rams rooks to watch this season are Steadman Bailey on offense and Alec Ogletree on defense.

T.Austin is going to get all the pub(and defensive attention) but i really like Bailey and his route running,hands. Reminds me a little of...wait for it....dare i say...Isaac Bruce. Seriously.

Tree is going to make a run at DPOY running around behind that nasty DLine IMO. Fisher has brought former Pro bowl LB Keith Bullock into TC to mentor Ogletree.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/27/rams-bring-in-bulluck-to-work-with-ogletree/

In 2000, Titans coach Jeff Fisher made linebacker Keith Bulluck a first-round draft pick. Thirteen years later, Fisher has called on Bulluck to help Fisher’s latest first-round linebacker get acclimated to the NFL.

According to veteran NFL and Rams reporter Howard Balzer, Bulluck will spend several days at training camp, working with first-round linebacker Alec Ogletree.

Getting pumped for week 1 vs the Cardinals already.

mojorizen7
08-01-2013, 06:32 PM
Smack cam. This has been going on throughout training camp...C Long gets smacked during an NFLNetwork interview.
:lol

http://www.stlouisrams.com/media-center/videos/Chris-Long-Smack-Cam-live-on-NFLAM/04b59752-4e17-418e-873c-b090f1a4c728

gaKNOW!blee
08-01-2013, 07:25 PM
Teams will be kicking themselves for not taking Bailey. They over-thought themselves IMO. He's not big and he's not overly fast so they assumed he only put up those numbers (nearly 3,000 yards and 37 TD in 2 years) because of the attention Austin received and their offensive style.

He was one of my favorite players in the draft and would've preferred him over Marquise Goodwin who we took in the 3rd. He is so smooth out there and the game comes easy to him...he reminds me of Dwayne Wade playing football.

mojorizen7
08-02-2013, 09:45 PM
Teams will be kicking themselves for not taking Bailey. They over-thought themselves IMO. He's not big and he's not overly fast so they assumed he only put up those numbers (nearly 3,000 yards and 37 TD in 2 years) because of the attention Austin received and their offensive style.

He was one of my favorite players in the draft and would've preferred him over Marquise Goodwin who we took in the 3rd. He is so smooth out there and the game comes easy to him...he reminds me of Dwayne Wade playing football.
I liked the pick too. Rams really want Brian Quick to win the start opposite Chris Givens,but i think Bailey will be right there at some point...maybe midway thru the season. He's an intelligent route runner with excellent hands. Quick has the superior physical tools but his learning curve going from Appalachian St to the pro's has been steep so far.

mojorizen7
08-02-2013, 09:46 PM
This type of clowning would've never been allowed to go on if Spagnuolo was still running the locker room. Luckily him & his 10 wins in 3 seasons are gone.
As long as nobody gets put on IR suffering from pieburn its all good. I love it...
SlulPQzTq1s