PDA

View Full Version : What a lockout means to the Spurs...

DespЏrado
10-24-2010, 05:18 AM
First let's take a quick tangent to lead up to this, I don't know whether it is an old folk tale or just happens to be true but the story goes Samuel Clemens better known as Mark Twain was born on the day Haley's comet zipped past the earth. From wikipeadia:

American satirist and writer Mark Twain was born on 30 November 1835, exactly two weeks after the comet's perihelion. In his autobiography, published in 1909, he said,

I came in with Halley's Comet in 1835. It is coming again next year, and I expect to go out with it. It will be the greatest disappointment of my life if I don't go out with Halley's Comet. The Almighty has said, no doubt: 'Now here are these two unaccountable freaks; they came in together, they must go out together.'[72]

Twain died on 21 April 1910, the day following the comet's subsequent perihelion.[73] The 1985 fantasy film The Adventures of Mark Twain was inspired by the quotation.

The symmetry would be almost too perfect. Duncan get's his first championship in 1999 during a lockout shortened year and is allowed to go out with a shortened season in which the health of his team is far more likely to be a non factor. And even more importantly if the Spurs manage to win on this year it could be as the first time Duncan breaks the even year curse.

DespЏrado
04-22-2012, 09:56 PM
http://bullandbearessentials.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/back-patter.gif

This is way early but I am starting to feel good about this prediction.
No way I could have foreseen the Diaw and Jax deal bringing some much needed toughness nor did I know how crucial getting rid of Jefferson was going to be.

But I have always had a feeling this was going to be a good year for the Spurs.

TwoHandJam
04-22-2012, 10:06 PM
Kluby sighting!

rascal
04-22-2012, 10:06 PM
There is no even year curse.

DespЏrado
04-22-2012, 10:13 PM
Kluby sighting!

Hey its not just any kluby, this post is worthy of the kluby of the year award, and I embrace that fact. :lol

Rapper
04-22-2012, 10:30 PM
a lockout means a vintage and experienced team can go far than young teams

spurs1990
04-22-2012, 10:34 PM
Reminds me of the following -

Abraham Lincoln was elected to Congress in 1846. John F. Kennedy was elected to Congress in 1946.

Abraham Lincoln was elected President in 1860. John F. Kennedy was elected President in 1960.

Lincoln’s secretary was named Kennedy.
Kennedy’s secretary was named Lincoln.

Lincoln was shot at the theater named “Kennedy.” Kennedy was shot in a car called a “Lincoln.”