PDA

View Full Version : Why did we hate Stephane Lasme?

GSH
10-24-2010, 01:21 PM
[Note: I'm asking because he's available. Anyone remember when he was here?] I remember him being a defensive beast at UMass, and a great weak side shot blocker. I know he was here for a while, but I can't remember a thing about how he performed, or who the competition was that season.

He was with the Celtics in the pre-season, and they liked him, but there was no way he could make the roster. The Suns are supposed to be working him out this week.

I know he was never much of a scorer, although he always managed to put up some points every game. And I know he's around 6'8", which we could use, and very athletic. But I think they used him as a F-C in college, but I thought he might have enough quickness and lateral movement to match up against 3's defensively.

Other than not being a great shooter, what did the Spurs not like about him? With the current hole in the roster, I wonder if they are going to have another look at someone like him or Linton Johnson. (Johnson was in Italy, last I heard.) If we don't get someone else in that 6'8" range, I'm worried that we're going to keep getting torched by guys like Jared Dudley or Matt Barnes.