PDA

View Full Version : Who is ready?

Thunder Dan
10-24-2010, 08:31 PM
The JJ Hickson era begins this week! Who is ready?

DeadlyDynasty
10-24-2010, 08:34 PM
Welcome back, bro.
12-win ecstasy

Thunder Dan
10-24-2010, 08:38 PM
the Cavs are gonna be decent this year. Just watch.

DeadlyDynasty
10-24-2010, 08:49 PM

I would love nothing more than for them to make the 8th seed and face Miami in round 1. Sure, it would probably be a sweep, but the atmosphere for games 3 & 4 would be insane:toast

Don't forget to troll rocketfan while you're here...they've missed you.

Thunder Dan
10-24-2010, 08:58 PM
I would love nothing more than for them to make the 8th seed and face Miami in round 1. Sure, it would probably be a sweep, but the atmosphere for games 3 & 4 would be insane:toast

Don't forget to troll rocketfan while you're here...they've missed you.

yeah I took my talents to Chicago and unfortunately I'm not allowed to sit on Spurstalk all day anymore

Greg Oden
10-24-2010, 08:58 PM
yeah I took my talents to Chicago and unfortunately I'm not allowed to sit on Spurstalk all day anymore

that's the lamest excuse I've ever heard. you're a sissy vagina and you know it.

Kai
10-24-2010, 09:17 PM
fucking Thunder Dan

Thunder Dan
10-24-2010, 09:27 PM
The Cavs are the new America's team. Everyone outside of Miami wants the Cavs to win

DeadlyDynasty
10-24-2010, 09:33 PM
The Cavs are the new America's team. Everyone outside of Miami wants the Cavs to win

That's where you're wrong...you've been away for awhile so we'll have to get you up to speed. They are now the "San Antonio Heat." HH37, DPG, and a slew of gnsf's wave their colors proud.

SAH ftw:toast

HarlemHeat37
10-24-2010, 09:37 PM
:lol Who the fuck wants the Cavs to win?..

They're going to be out of the league in 2-3 years..

Double-Up
10-24-2010, 11:05 PM

:lmao

Double-Up
10-24-2010, 11:06 PM
I knew James wouldn't stay in that shithole called Cleveland...and no there gonna fucking suck. But hey at least you have the draft to look forward to.

Giuseppe
10-24-2010, 11:10 PM
Cleveland ain't no worse a shithole than Houston is, Dubs.

DJ Mbenga
10-25-2010, 12:06 AM
i see you have come out of the witness protection program.

Iceman101
10-25-2010, 08:54 AM
Cleveland ain't no worse a shithole than Houston is, Dubs.

And you live in Arizona

timvpimp
10-25-2010, 09:00 AM
future Hall of Famer.

Cuppycake Gumdrop
10-25-2010, 09:01 AM
future Hall of Famer.

you're my sweetie pie

Albert Haynesworth
10-25-2010, 10:21 AM
future Hall of Famer.

what you getting into tonight bro?

Giuseppe
10-25-2010, 11:02 AM
And you live in Arizona

I know. And I've lived in Cleveland. And Houston is no worse a shithole than Cleveland.

Double-Up
10-25-2010, 11:24 AM
At least we have NASA, a prominent history, and a large population, can't say the same for Cleveland.

Giuseppe
10-25-2010, 11:28 AM
We have a prominent history, a large population, and a frozen custard stand on Pearl & York that'll blow your f'in shorts off.

Iceman101
10-25-2010, 11:31 AM
We have a prominent history, a large population, and a frozen custard stand on Pearl & York that'll blow your f'in shorts off.

:lol What do Cleveland's women look like?

Giuseppe
10-25-2010, 11:36 AM
Well, they don't pour butter on everything that doesn't move like your womenfolk, so naturally they don't weigh in tonnage like your womenfolk.

Double-Up
10-25-2010, 11:38 AM
Well, they don't pour butter on everything that doesn't move like your womenfolk, so naturally they don't weigh in tonnage like your womenfolk.

You like to fuck kids, don't you think your opinion on the subject will start a revolution?

Iceman101
10-25-2010, 11:38 AM

You're thinking of San Antonio women :lmao

Giuseppe
10-25-2010, 11:53 AM
You like to fuck kids, don't you think your opinion on the subject will start a revolution?

Katie-girl in her saddle shoes, a pledge of silence, plaid skirt (slightly tilted) with a stick of Oleo & a Hebrew National can't be bested.

Kai
10-25-2010, 12:34 PM
oZzgAjjuqZM

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-25-2010, 02:01 PM
The JJ Hickson era begins this week! Who is ready?

It better damn begin this week. He's my starting center in one of my leagues.

Lars
10-25-2010, 06:47 PM
Holy shit thunder dan is still alive?

Venti Quattro
10-25-2010, 06:53 PM
Hickson's offensive bumbling infuriates (http://www.ohio.com/sports/cavs/105506663.html)
Coach says starting job is in trouble because he doesn't know schemes
By Jason Lloyd
Beacon Journal sports writer

COLUMBUS: J.J. Hickson went to the bench with 5:38 remaining in the third quarter Tuesday. He didn't need to get up the rest of the night.

Coach Byron Scott's frustration with Hickson boiled over in the Cavaliers' final preseason game, an 83-77 victory over the Milwaukee Bucks that allowed the Cavs to finish the preseason 6-2. But Scott didn't care much about the six victories as much as he did the mental lapses that caused Hickson to turn the ball over five times in 20 minutes.

Hickson still doesn't know the Princeton offense, Scott said, and he's quickly running out of time.

''He's one we're counting on to play a major role in what we're doing. Right now, from an offensive standpoint, he's not understanding what we're trying to do,'' Scott said. ''That's disappointing, especially as much as we go through it every day.''

Scott has been passively trying to motivate Hickson throughout training camp. He said last week the starting job at forward was his to lose, and that if he demonstrated an ability to stay focused on defense, he would start. If he didn't, Antawn Jamison would start.

Now Scott is upset with Hickson's lack of knowledge in the halfcourt offense, too, and conceded that he still has a long way to go on both ends of the floor.

Hickson has had three weeks to learn what Scott demands. Now he has five days until the Cavs begin the season Wednesday against Boston.

''I'm not very confident that he'll have it down pat,'' Scott said. ''But it won't be because of a lack of effort on our end.

''It's just lack of focus. He wants to do it, but sometimes he's 22 years old and he comes to practice and he's not focused. This is a job and something you have to take seriously. There's nobody in that locker room that has an excuse because they have a video playbook and they have a playbook. They can go home and watch it on DVD, go home and open the book up and we're always available. So there's really no excuse. He has to get a little better and take it more seriously.''

Hickson agreed he loses concentration at times, but insisted he didn't feel he was behind in learning the offense.

''There are a lot of sets we run through with the whole Princeton offense and the way the floor is spread,'' Hickson said. ''It's new for me playing out on the floor.''

Hickson picked the wrong time to have his worst game of the preseason. Scott is expected to meet with Jamison in the next couple of days to go over his role on the team. Scott reiterated he hasn't made up his mind yet on who will start, largely because of Hickson's mental breakdowns.

Jamison returned Tuesday after missing two games with a sprained left knee. He made just 3-of-12 shots, but played 28 minutes in his return in part because Hickson sat the entire fourth quarter.

Jamison has made it clear he wants to start, but will keep quiet and do what is best for the team if Scott decides to make him the sixth man.

''We need him to be focused on and off the court and he knows that,'' Jamison said of Hickson. ''He's taken on that role that's different than what it was in the past. Now he has to act it out.

''But on the other hand, it's my job to make sure that if things aren't done right, you have to really let him know that he can't be the weak link at all offensively or defensively. You want that title to be a household name in the NBA, you've gotta do it on and off the court.'

Daniel Gibson did not play because of a strained neck muscle, and Mo Williams left the team to return to Mississippi following the death of his father-in-law. Williams will have as much time as he needs, but Scott is expecting to have him back in time for Wednesday's opener.

With the Cavs short two guards, Ramon Sessions started and scored 26 points in 37 minutes against his old team. Anthony Parker had 18 points, five rebounds and four assists, but most impressively did not turn the ball over in 38 minutes. Hickson had 10 points to go with the five turnovers.

''You can't go by one game. I think I've been pretty good in the preseason,'' Hickson said. ''If I start, I start. If I don't, it is what it is.''crofl cleveland

sup jj hickson :lmao

The Batman
10-25-2010, 07:02 PM
Holy shit thunder dan is still alive?

Naw, he is still dead, he is just visiting us from the grave. I seen't it

The Franchise
10-25-2010, 07:16 PM
Damn, you're back? I thought you were dead. :lol