PDA

View Full Version : LOL AJ Smith

vander
10-24-2010, 10:17 PM
what a complete and absolute failure. :lol

the amazing thing is how he managed to keep the facade up so long, and how he managed to get so many charger fans to actually think of him as a genius in the first place. nothing he has ever done has improved this team, look at this team: average, undersized, and slow players everywhere, and the few good players he ever brought here were headcases and addicts.

If AJ and Norv aren't out after this year, then I am, I can enjoy the NFL without a favorite team, hell I'm basically doing it now, I pretty much ignore the Charger game every week, I know what's going to happen, I don't need to torture myself by watching it...

san antonio spurs
10-24-2010, 10:20 PM
Injuries and coaching have more to do with your struggles than Smith

vander
10-24-2010, 10:26 PM
Injuries and coaching have more to do with your struggles than Smith

coach brought here to be AJ's yes man
injuries are no more prevalent on the Chargers than any other team

quick, name an AJ first round pick that is playing well for us and will be a force in the league for a while

how about 2nd-3rd rounds?

any Charger other than Rivers and Gates?

nope, none

HarlemHeat37
10-24-2010, 10:34 PM
Sad what has happened to the Chargers and Broncos due to poor management, and even worse coaching..

The Chiefs have loaded up on young talent and good all-around coaching, now they're about to take over the division for years..

san antonio spurs
10-24-2010, 10:37 PM
coach brought here to be AJ's yes man
injuries are no more prevalent on the Chargers than any other team

quick, name an AJ first round pick that is playing well for us and will be a force in the league for a while

how about 2nd-3rd rounds?

any Charger other than Rivers and Gates?

nope, none

Seriously you're overreacting. The chargers are a talented team. If you're missing something it isn't talent tbh. It's football IQ, discipline and ST play.

Dr. Gonzo
10-24-2010, 10:56 PM
Fucking bandwagoner.

Fabbs
10-24-2010, 11:10 PM
Seriously you're overreacting. The chargers are a talented team. If you're missing something it isn't talent tbh. It's football IQ, discipline and ST play.
Are you deaf?

AJ Smith is who brought in Norvron.

san antonio spurs
10-24-2010, 11:20 PM
Sometimes this hate for Norv Turner is getting out of hand.

Whatever the case, the disparity between perception and reality is a very large one where Norv Turner is concerned. As much as the folks over at fire-norv.com might not want to hear about it, as it stands today Turner is the most successful coach in Chargers history, by any statistical measure one chooses to employ.

In the regular season, Turner's teams have won twice as many games as they've lost (32-16), his .667 winning percentage a comfortable 47 points better than the nearest runner-up, the legendary and much-revered Sid Gillman. Additionally, Turner's three consecutive AFC West titles are matched only by Don Coryell's 1979-1981 teams.

In the postseason, Turner's three victories tie him with Coryell and Bobby Ross for the franchise lead, and his .661 playoff winning percentage easily outpaces any other Chargers coach. Indeed, shocking as it may be to some, Turner's .571 career playoff winning percentage is 15th all-time among coaches with an equal or greater number of playoff appearances than Turner's seven.

To put things in perspective, these are the names above his on that particular list: Vince Lombardi, Bill Belichick, Tom Flores, Bill Walsh, Joe Gibbs, Jimmy Johnson, George Seifert, Chuck Noll, George Halas, Hank Stram, Brian Billick, Mike Shanahan, Andy Reid, and Bill Parcells. Pretty exclusive company no matter how you slice it.

Much has been made of the Chargers' slow starts since Turner's arrival in 2007. Much has also been made of his undefeated Decembers. What many people fail to realize is the direct correlation between the two. In other words, Charger Fan, Norv Turner is smarter than you. And he might actually know what he's doing.

There are many cliches in pro football, most of them useless and incorrect. Of the ones that aren't, "Your team has to peak at the right time" might be the most valid and the most important. Norv Turner has a better grasp of this concept than probably any coach in the NFL, and his late-season record confirms it.
To put it in perspective, I believe Jeff Fisher (considered by many to be a great coach) took the titans 7 times to the playoffs in his 17 years tenure.

Fabbs
10-24-2010, 11:24 PM
Sometimes this hate for Norv Turner is getting out of hand.
yeah because those other Chargers coaches had one of the most stacked and experienced rosters from Day one till the end of their Charger careers too.

Norv would take Ryan Leaf to 13-3. :rolleyes

san antonio spurs
10-24-2010, 11:27 PM
yeah because those other Chargers coaches had one of the most stacked and experienced rosters from Day one till the end of their Charger careers too.

Norv would take Ryan Leaf to 13-3. :rolleyes
You stupid chargers fans need to make up your mind.
Either your team is talented and this thread is retarded, or your team is not and Norv is a good coach.
You can't have it both ways.

Fabbs
10-24-2010, 11:32 PM
You stupid chargers fans need to make up your mind.
Either your team is talented and this thread is retarded, or your team is not and Norv is a good coach.
You can't have it both ways.
Oh but we can dense one.
Norv has completely screwed up what talent he does have.
As vander speaks, AJ made some very good moves years ago but the past 4 years has been mostly suck ass thus what was the NFLs #1 talented roster keeps slipping instead of adapting.

Wild guess. You also think Popovichs coaching for 2008 09 and 10 was just sthuper!?

san antonio spurs
10-24-2010, 11:37 PM
Oh but we can dense one.
Norv has completely screwed up what talent he does have.
As vander speaks, AJ made some very good moves years ago but the past 4 years has been mostly suck ass thus what was the NFLs #1 talented roster keeps slipping instead of adapting.

Wild guess. You also think Popovichs coaching for 2008 09 and 10 was just sthuper!?
How did Norv manage to screw the talented roster he had? And before defending Vander, read well his post and try to see if it fits your description

ducks
11-28-2010, 11:02 PM
He is getting his chargers back to the playoffs

vander
11-28-2010, 11:45 PM
He is getting his chargers back to the playoffs

Rivers, Rivera, and the easiest schedule in the league are getting the Chargers to the playoffs

not AJ Smith

vander
12-06-2010, 01:25 AM
er, what I meant to say was "playoffs? playoffs?"

the jig is up for this smoke and mirrors AJ Smith created team

Fabbs
12-06-2010, 12:14 PM
and next they bail to LA.
right vander?

vander
12-06-2010, 12:44 PM
I'd prefer SA, that'd be hilarious with all the Charger hating SA fans here.

but frankly I couldn't care less if the team is from SD or LA, I hate California, and root for the Chargers in spite of it. I was born a Charger fan, can't do anything about that.