PDA

View Full Version : Bobcats, Grizzlies, and Hornets among teams discussed in extraction idea

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-25-2010, 01:25 AM
http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2010/10/24/shaq_cries_foul_on_some_gms_for_bad_business_pract ices/

With the labor agreement between the league and the players set to expire June 30, Stern said he was hoping to reduce player costs by at least $700 million and that the league would “continue to be open to contraction.’’

While Stern did not single out any franchises, a team source indicated that Charlotte, Memphis and New Orleans might be among the small-market cities in jeopardy of losing their teams.

DeadlyDynasty
10-25-2010, 01:27 AM
How do the Clippers continually get a pass?

Dex
10-25-2010, 02:07 AM
How do the Clippers continually get a pass?

Maybe even being the ugly stepchild in L.A. is still better than being the main attraction in Memphis or Charlotte.

However, I think the Clippers should be considered simply because L.A. already has a team, and a pretty damn good one. It makes absolutely no sense to have other cities losing their only NBA team (in some cases their only professional franchise) while still having two teams represent the same city and playing in the same building.

Considering Charlotte is the second newest franchise, seems asanine to disband them already, especially considering Charlotte already had to give up the Hornets. Ditto for New Orleans and the Jazz.

As for Memphis....well, I don't think anybody really cares about Memphis, even Memphians. Does this board even claim a single Grizzlies fan? (O.J. Mayo troll doesn't count).

DeadlyDynasty
10-25-2010, 02:10 AM
Maybe even being the ugly stepchild in L.A. is still better than being the main attraction in Memphis or Charlotte.

However, I think the Clippers should be considered simply because L.A. already has a team, and a pretty damn good one. It makes absolutely no sense to have other cities losing their only NBA team (in some cases their only professional franchise) while still having two teams represent the same city and playing in the same building.

Considering Charlotte is the second newest franchise, seems asanine to disband them already, especially considering Charlotte already had to give up the Hornets. Ditto for New Orleans and the Jazz.

As for Memphis....well, I don't think anybody really cares about Memphis, even Memphians. Does this board even claim a single Grizzlies fan? (O.J. Mayo troll doesn't count).

I would hate to lose the Grizzlies...we have some nice young prospects in the system

BRHornet45
10-25-2010, 02:12 AM
sons why us? on a serious note we are the smallest market in the NBA and we hold our own. we have better attendance than a lot of much larger markets such as Indiana, Philly, Memphis, Sacramento, etc., etc ...... sons the Hurricane Katrina PITTY alone should keep us in the NBA. plzzzzz don't kick us out!!!

AussieFanKurt
10-25-2010, 02:19 AM
fuck the clippers are worthless

Venti Quattro
10-25-2010, 02:54 AM
Because the Clippers are actually on profit even though they suck. Sterling makes sure of that

AussieFanKurt
10-25-2010, 03:09 AM
How do they make a profit?

Donkeybong
10-25-2010, 03:28 AM
clippers and the grizz need to go for sure. Maybe the timberwolves as well. They are going to suck for a long ass time

Booharv
10-25-2010, 04:33 AM
Because the Clippers are actually on profit even though they suck. Sterling makes sure of that

Thank you. For the love of God, thank you. I thought I was the only NBA fan on this board who knew this.

mingus
10-25-2010, 04:37 AM

very low payroll plus the fact that they're in the 3rd most populated city in US and so they have enough people show up.

HarlemHeat37
10-25-2010, 09:22 AM
Why does every Laker fan here want to eliminate the Clippers?:lol..are they tired of the free "road" wins?..

Jose Canseco
10-25-2010, 09:35 AM
If the NBA gets rid of the Clippers and Grizzlies, Blake Griffin, Chris Kaman, Marc Gasol, Rudy Gay, and OJ Mayo all become Lakers players.

baseline bum
10-25-2010, 09:48 AM

By being in a market with 18 million people. And also by being cheap with regard to salaries.

Venti Quattro
10-25-2010, 10:14 AM
If the NBA gets rid of the Clippers and Grizzlies, Blake Griffin, Chris Kaman, Marc Gasol, Rudy Gay, and OJ Mayo all become Lakers players.

The Los Angeles Yankees :tu :tu :tu