PDA

View Full Version : "1st" Mexican Heavyweight Champ??

TwelveGs210
10-25-2010, 11:36 AM
WTF is up with this BS UFC is trying to shove down everyones throats about Cain being the first mexican to win the heavyweight title? What happened to Rico Rodriguez? Did they scrub him from the record books because of his drug use? I dont get it.

I saw he was in attendance as a corner man, I'm sure he wasnt too happy about this crap, as he deserves credit where credit is due.

And P.S. HOW THE HELL DID SHIELDS GET THE WIN?!?!? This was obvious UFC is trying to protect the debut of Shields, just like they protected the debut of that overhyped Japanese guy (cant remember his name) when he was dominated on his debut on UFC 100.

dbreiden83080
10-25-2010, 12:09 PM
Isn't Ricco Puerto Rican??

TwelveGs210
10-25-2010, 12:33 PM
It's possible, I'm a Rodriguez, and my dad's fam is from Mexico, but who knows.

polandprzem
10-25-2010, 12:39 PM
IaLtQ3mewT0

MannyIsGod
10-25-2010, 01:58 PM
:lol Thinking all people named Rodriguez are Mexican.

TwelveGs210
10-25-2010, 02:12 PM
:lol Thinking all people named Rodriguez are Mexican. I dont see what you think is funny, various sites I've researched say he is of mexican and puerto rican descent, I'm not assuming anything.

MannyIsGod
10-25-2010, 03:08 PM
It's possible, I'm a Rodriguez, and my dad's fam is from Mexico, but who knows.

BlackSwordsMan
10-25-2010, 03:30 PM
Ricco Rodriguez (born August 19, 1977) is an American mixed martial artist. He is a former Ultimate Fighting Championship heavyweight champion and first Mexican/Puerto Rican heavyweight champion in the UFC

BlackSwordsMan
10-25-2010, 03:31 PM
cain is the 1st mexican champ
ricco was the first PR/mexican champ, big difference

MannyIsGod
10-25-2010, 03:35 PM
TBH, I think that once we see someone born in Mexico win the title we should call them the first Mexican champ. Cain is Mexican-American, IMO.

BlackSwordsMan
10-25-2010, 03:36 PM
oh now hes american

Stringer_Bell
10-25-2010, 04:44 PM
TBH, I think that once we see someone born in Mexico win the title we should call them the first Mexican champ. Cain is Mexican-American, IMO.

I consider Mexicans to be born in Mexico or the 1st generation born in the US. But his Spanish is so bad that I almost wouldn't call him a Mexican based on that alone.

To your Sheilds point, I don't know why Dana thinks Sheilds is bankable. The only reason anyone watched his last Strikeforce fight was that it was against Dan Henderson and everyone thought he was going to get KTFO (which he almost did, but he showed tons of heart). His stock has fallen a lot tho, now that people looked at his old fights and saw how fucking boring he is. Sexyama at UFC 100 at least fights, that was a close one and Belcher went on a rampage and put on great performances after.

TwelveGs210
10-26-2010, 08:29 AM
I consider Mexicans to be born in Mexico or the 1st generation born in the US. But his Spanish is so bad that I almost wouldn't call him a Mexican based on that alone.

To your Sheilds point, I don't know why Dana thinks Sheilds is bankable. The only reason anyone watched his last Strikeforce fight was that it was against Dan Henderson and everyone thought he was going to get KTFO (which he almost did, but he showed tons of heart). His stock has fallen a lot tho, now that people looked at his old fights and saw how fucking boring he is. Sexyama at UFC 100 at least fights, that was a close one and Belcher went on a rampage and put on great performances after.

You hit the nail right on the head, Dana thinks Shields is "marketable". I'm sorry but that debacle of a fight Saturday obvioulsy was Dana "pulling the strings". It was complete BS, and I can't beleive UFC will so BLATANTLY rig the fight. It's fuckin turning into WWE basically with the promoter giving the ones he likes a "push". Shields was dominated, I saw It, 20K @ the Honda Center saw it, and the millions on PPV saw it also.

Very disappointed in you Dana.

MannyIsGod
10-26-2010, 05:47 PM
That fight wasn't rigged. Shields won the fight in the way Shields wins fights but the thing was how Kampmann gave it away.