PDA

View Full Version : Laker Fan asked Pierce to sign Laker flag!

Jloyola
10-25-2010, 02:18 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nba/columns/story?columnist=macmullan_jackie&id=5724996

Paul Pierce was out to lunch at Johnny Rockets in his native Los Angeles this past summer when he noticed a young man come in, buy a burger, and do a double-take when he spotted the Celtics star. Instead of approaching Pierce, the teenager quickly dashed out of the restaurant.

Pierce wasn't sure why the kid was in such a hurry -- until he returned about 10 minutes later. "He came back with the biggest Lakers flag I've ever seen," Pierce said. "Asked me to sign it. I snatched that thing from him and threw it [across the room]."
:lol

Ashy Larry
10-25-2010, 02:54 PM
Inglewood's Finest is still heated

Giuseppe
10-25-2010, 03:22 PM
Yep, Artest lit his ass.

SomeCallMeTim
10-25-2010, 03:22 PM
Cool story bro.

Would only be better if a kid in a wheelchair rolled up to him and the kid asked him the sign the chair cushion.

That would put Pierce in a metaphysical dilemma so great his head might explode.

PGDynasty24
10-25-2010, 03:23 PM
That Laker fan deserves a fucking medal. That is classic. lol

Giuseppe
10-25-2010, 03:23 PM
:lmao

lefty
10-25-2010, 03:42 PM
Last Friday, I asked Mike d'Antoni to sign an autograph (I know, pretty lame)

He was really nice until I told him I was a Spurs fan

His mood changed in a jiffy :lmao

HarlemHeat37
10-25-2010, 04:54 PM
:lol Lakers-Celtics rivalry, so fabricated..

AussieFanKurt
10-25-2010, 05:18 PM
I would have signed it. Who cares, was just a bit of a joke. Thats a LeChoke like action

HarlemHeat37
10-25-2010, 05:53 PM
Huh? Lebron is the most active philanthropist and most benevolent man in today's NBA..

Jloyola
10-25-2010, 05:58 PM
Not sure if you read all the way at the bottom...

When Michael Jordan saw Ray Allen after the Celtics won the 2008 NBA championship, he told him, "The first championship is luck. Come back and see me when you win another one."

"I don't believe that," Pierce said. "There's nothing lucky about winning a championship. They all count. They all matter."

GOAT must be referring to the absence of Bynum and Ariza

HarlemHeat37
10-25-2010, 06:01 PM
:lol I don't think Jordan even knows who Bynum is, TBH..

Venti Quattro
10-25-2010, 06:11 PM
hahaha great kid :lmao

duhoh
10-25-2010, 06:31 PM
dang MJ is trollin :tu

SomeCallMeTim
10-25-2010, 07:18 PM
:lol I don't think Jordan even knows who Bynum is, TBH..

Well, that would explain his competence as an NBA owner and GM.

:lol Kwame Brown
:lol Adam Morrison
:lol Hitler mustache

SomeCallMeTim
10-25-2010, 07:18 PM
Last Friday, I asked Mike d'Antoni to sign an autograph (I know, pretty lame)

He was really nice until I told him I was a Spurs fan

His mood changed in a jiffy :lmao

Are you sure it wasn't because you asked him to sign a can of Pringles?

IronMexican
10-25-2010, 07:42 PM
Anyone still crying over no Bynum and Ariza needs to shut up. I don't think the Lakers would have won it had Duncan been healthy in 2000. But he wasn't, so that sucks for the Spurs. Just like it sucked for the Lakers in 2008. But the games were still there to be played and won. Just that LA didn't capitalize.

ALVAREZ6
10-25-2010, 07:59 PM
:lol Lakers-Celtics rivalry, so fabricated..

Haha yeah, I've always agreed. I don't really view any of the NBA "rivalries" as true rivalries...they're just way too insignificant from a broad stand point.

The Celtics-Lakers rivalry is nothing even close to any of the first few rivalries that one thinks of when considering sports rivalries as a whole. It's no Eagles-Cowboys, Yankees-Red Sox, Michigan-Ohio State (or any of the other numerous big college football rivalries), or any of the numerous rivalries in soccer. There's just not enough culture and following in the NBA compared to the sports of the major rivalries. Not only this, but the games between NBA "rivals" don't even stand out when compared to any other game between two good teams. The Celtics-Lakers "rivalry" has mainly been extended by the media IMO, and it only becomes remotely relevant when both teams are really good. It's no match up in which the result of the games they play always carry significant implications.

In my opinion, for a team to have a major and important rivalry, it has to be in a sport where there are relatively few games played per year, and where each game has relatively large importance. And a relatively big fan base. (sorry for the overuse of "relatively" but I think it's an important aspect, there is a reason) It works in baseball in this country simply because the sport is extremely popular (why of course I have no fucking idea).

scanry
10-25-2010, 07:59 PM
Anyone still crying over no Bynum and Ariza needs to shut up. I don't think the Lakers would have won it had Duncan been healthy in 2000. But he wasn't, so that sucks for the Spurs. Just like it sucked for the Lakers in 2008. But the games were still there to be played and won. Just that LA didn't capitalize.

I don't think the Spurs would have won that year had Duncan been healthy. The Lakers were the best team that year and Shaq probably had the best season ever. Portland was a close second and probably would have won the chip had Pippen not choked!!!

Giuseppe
10-25-2010, 08:08 PM
The Celtic/Laker rivalry is sanitized now. Prior to the break thru in Boston in '85 it was pure. It's never been the same since. That's why the begrudgement by Media of that break thru was so acute.

It exists only in our minds now.

lefty
10-25-2010, 09:12 PM
Are you sure it wasn't because you asked him to sign a can of Pringles?

duhoh
10-26-2010, 01:18 AM

:toast

injuries are part of the game. look at how people bash t-mac :whine

UrAphag
10-26-2010, 02:29 AM
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/7184/paulpiercej.jpg

duhoh
10-27-2010, 01:07 AM
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/7184/paulpiercej.jpg

Spursfan092120
10-27-2010, 01:10 AM
In 2003, I got Kareem Abdul Jabbar and Bill Walton to sign a Go Spurs Go sign....still have that shit hanging up on my wall...love it.