PDA

View Full Version : Oh no! another loss like Scola

arakkus
10-25-2010, 03:44 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=5726366

Bogans will start for the Bulls and we just let him go....

On second thought good luck with that :rollin

DesignatedT
10-25-2010, 03:54 PM
Good luck to him.

DesignatedT
10-25-2010, 03:56 PM
I remember the pop bashers/mason pumpers claiming last year that Bogans wouldn't get minutes on any other team except ours. Now he's starting for a top 4 team in the east. :lmao

arakkus
10-25-2010, 04:00 PM
He was a decent defender I'll give him props for that, however, when he got the ball he had no clue what to do with it most of the time....much like Jefferson last year....crap maybe this was a coaching issue

TJastal
10-25-2010, 08:55 PM
I remember the pop bashers/mason pumpers claiming last year that Bogans wouldn't get minutes on any other team except ours. Now he's starting for a top 4 team in the east. :lmao

I'll bet RMJ has a better season statistically with the knicks than Bogans has w/ the bulls.

Better 3pt shooting%, overall shooting %, more ppg, more assists for starters.

Nathan89
10-25-2010, 08:57 PM
Should I put bogans on my fantasy team?

AussieFanKurt
10-25-2010, 08:59 PM

without a doubt

The Truth #6
10-25-2010, 09:03 PM

You're defending Bogans?...good luck with that.

it's me
10-25-2010, 09:07 PM
So they finally got their Center Piece... MJ now KB LOL

DesignatedT
10-25-2010, 09:07 PM
I'll bet RMJ has a better season statistically with the knicks than Bogans has w/ the bulls.

Better 3pt shooting%, overall shooting %, more ppg, more assists for starters.

I know you'd bet that. You're probably the biggest RMJ fan on spurstalk. lmao

DesignatedT
10-25-2010, 09:10 PM
You're defending Bogans?...good luck with that.

Not defending Bogans but this just shows that he does still have something left to offer and Pop wasn't "senile" for playing him last season even though many on this board claimed that was the situation.

ElNono
10-25-2010, 09:21 PM
I disagree. He's a borderline NBA player, and certainly not a piece for a contending team.
I also fully expect Ronnie Brewer to take over his minutes as he gets more comfortable with their system.

In fact, if there's anything that I get out of him starting as SG for the Bulls is that Chicago is extremely thin at the SG position.

Obstructed_View
10-25-2010, 10:41 PM
Doesn't matter how Bogans plays for Chicago. He sucked ass for the Spurs.

MannyIsGod
10-25-2010, 10:46 PM
Not defending Bogans but this just shows that he does still have something left to offer and Pop wasn't "senile" for playing him last season even though many on this board claimed that was the situation.

No. Just no. Let me know when he actually does something with those minutes other than completely suck.

Bogans starting for any team in the NBA shows 2 things:

1: How thin that team is at that position
2: We actually do need contraction

DesignatedT
10-25-2010, 11:02 PM
I'm not saying that Bogan's is going to be some good player there and I'm definitely not implying that we should have kept him around. I was just pointing out the fact that him starting for a top 5 team in the East shows he has some game left. That's all. Say what you want.. "he sucks", "he shouldn't be in the league" blah blah blah but fact is he is starting for the Bulls when the season starts. That's a fact, therefore there is another NBA coach out there who see's something in Bogans. All im sayin'

TJastal
I know you'd bet that. You're probably the biggest RMJ fan on spurstalk. lmao

I'm not even really a "fan" of RMJ, per say. I think he can be a productive player in the right situation. SA was a good situation for him up until Pop made forced him into a backup point guard role in the 2008 playoffs because he was too scared to use a rookie. He struggled mightily in the role and lost all his confidence thereafter.

Obstructed_View

Bogans was clearly outplayed by Hairston the entire preseason, and Bogans managed not to be able to outplay Roger Mason throughout the regular season. Whatever Bogans might be showing in Chicago is a far fucking cry from what he showed the Spurs last year.

DesignatedT
10-25-2010, 11:04 PM
Bogans was clearly outplayed by Hairston the entire preseason, and Bogans managed not to be able to outplay Roger Mason throughout the regular season. Whatever Bogans might be showing in Chicago is a far fucking cry from what he showed the Spurs last year.

I dgaf about Bogan's. I'm glad he's gone, I definitely didn't want to see him in a Spurs jersey anymore.

but... Bogan's was definitely better than Mason last season.

Obstructed_View
10-25-2010, 11:09 PM
I dgaf about Bogan's. I'm glad he's gone, I definitely didn't want to see him in a Spurs jersey anymore.

He really wasn't. Mason had better stats, and Mason's stats sucked ass. THAT is how bad Bogans was.

TJastal
10-25-2010, 11:10 PM
Bogans last year preseason numbers

2-21, 3 assists.

This year

15-29 & 14 assists.

This means Bogans is due for a a total crapass season. :D

z0sa
10-25-2010, 11:15 PM
The Bulls got a Centerpiece? :depressed

DesignatedT
10-25-2010, 11:17 PM
He really wasn't. Mason had better stats, and Mason's stats sucked ass. THAT is how bad Bogans was.

Huh? First, Bogans defense is a lot better than Masons. That is fact. Mason is supposedly the better 3 pt shooter but Bogans had a better overall FG% and 3PT % than mason last year and they both played the same MPG.

pawe
10-25-2010, 11:21 PM
I had high hopes for Bogans as the Bowen replacement but his shooting sucks. Teams are cheating off of him daring him to shoot and everything just clangs off the rim.

8FOR!3
10-25-2010, 11:33 PM
Shit, looks like the Bulls are unbeatable this year...

slick'81
10-25-2010, 11:39 PM
lol bogans

glad hes getting a shot but we all saw what he was last season

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-25-2010, 11:49 PM
When Brewer is healthy he'll take over that starting role.

timtonymanu
10-25-2010, 11:59 PM

+1. The only reason why Mason had higher PPG than Bogans was because Mason went through a stretch where he was decent. Then he was shit after that. Besides Bogans didn't bitch about his playing time either, he just played like a professional the whole time he was here. The only problem was that he sucked. I remember Bogans have more decent games last year than Mason.

Obstructed_View
10-26-2010, 12:22 AM
Huh? First, Bogans defense is a lot better than Masons. That is fact.
Uh, Bogans' defense last season was marginally better than Mason's. If the Spurs wanted defense from that position, they'd have given the job to Hairston. THAT is a fact.

Mason is supposedly the better 3 pt shooter but Bogans had a better overall FG% and 3PT % than mason last year and they both played the same MPG.
Translation: Mason scored more points, had more assists, and had the same number of rebounds per game.

G-Dawgg
10-26-2010, 12:26 AM
I like Bogans. He wasn't as good as we were used to having through the years, but he was definately a hard worker on defense. I give him an A for effort...it's just too bad he wasn't a better player.

mingus
10-26-2010, 12:39 AM
Bogans set the record last year for fouling on 3-point attempts without a doubt.

DesignatedT
10-26-2010, 01:07 AM
Uh, Bogans' defense last season was marginally better than Mason's. If the Spurs wanted defense from that position, they'd have given the job to Hairston. THAT is a fact.

Translation: Mason scored more points, had more assists, and had the same number of rebounds per game.

post is full of fail. go look at FGA per game then also.Mason almost shot twice as much per game lmao. and sorry but Bogans defense was miles better than Masons, not that that's saying much besides how completely fucking shitty mason is. Mason is in the discussion of worst defensive player in the entire NBA... hence why he wen't to new york also. "marginally better" :lmao

Obstructed_View
10-26-2010, 07:39 AM
post is full of fail. go look at FGA per game then also.Mason almost shot twice as much per game lmao.
In the era where Popovich preaches "shoot when you're open", you can't suddenly start pounding on a guy for taking more shots. Mason had more points and more assists in the same amount of minutes. Period.

and sorry but Bogans defense was miles better than Masons, not that that's saying much besides how completely fucking shitty mason is. Mason is in the discussion of worst defensive player in the entire NBA... hence why he wen't to new york also. "marginally better" :lmao

I repeat: If defense were important to the Spurs then Hairston would have been starting. Mason's defense is abysmal and Bogans' defense is merely horrible. Relatively speaking, the only thing Bogans' defense is "miles better" than is five on four.

ElNono
10-26-2010, 07:58 AM

Why? Isn't he starting for a top-5 Eastern conference team? (whatever that means) :rolleyes

ElNono
10-26-2010, 08:00 AM

With a broken hand... just sayin'...

hater
10-26-2010, 08:40 AM
I never had a big problem with Bogans. RJ, Bonner, Mason, those sucked more than Bogans 99% of the time.

Agloco
10-26-2010, 11:27 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=5726366

Bogans will start for the Bulls and we just let him go....

On second thought good luck with that :rollin

It's a safe bet that he rips the shit out of the Spurs during both encounters this year. The scrubs who we let go always do.

rascal
10-26-2010, 01:42 PM

No don't bother.

DesignatedT
10-26-2010, 06:27 PM
Why? Isn't he starting for a top-5 Eastern conference team? (whatever that means) :rolleyes

I was simply stating that because so many on here preached that he was "the worst player in the league" and pop is "senile and done" because he's playing Bogans. All im sayin is that he obviously isn't that bad if another NBA team "a good one also" is going to start him also.

I don't think he is going to be a good player or anything and I'm glad the guy is gone. I would most definitely take Bogans>Mason though and last season Bogans had a lot more decent games than Mason did.

The Truth #6
10-26-2010, 06:43 PM
For the record, I think they both sucked last year. Somehow that's become a rare opinion.