D2dYNLwtRkc

:wow:depressed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2dYNLwtRkc

METALMiKE
10-26-2010, 04:46 AM
:corn:

DarkReign
10-26-2010, 09:10 AM
Get over it. Theyre animals, not humans.

Is it tough to watch? Sure. But so long as there is demand for their hides this will continue.

Would I like to see a better way of killing them? Sure, but who the fuck am I? Animals die horrible deaths everyday in the wild, shit that makes this look humane.

Watch what happens when an Orca gets a hold of a seal. You want to watch cruelty and torture, watch the Orca's play with the semi-paralyzed seal for 30+ minutes, flinging it in the air with their tails, whipping it's screaming body around like a ragdoll for fun and enjoyment.

Nature is cruel, so is life. Get a helmet.

BlackSwordsMan
10-26-2010, 09:21 AM
stupid seal
see human = jump in water

Cry Havoc
10-26-2010, 09:52 AM
Watch what happens when an Orca gets a hold of a seal. You want to watch cruelty and torture, watch the Orca's play with the semi-paralyzed seal for 30+ minutes, flinging it in the air with their tails, whipping it's screaming body around like a ragdoll for fun and enjoyment.

The Orca doesn't have many other options. A lot of animal suffering in this world is inflicted not for our survival (obviously acceptable), but for our comfort (sometimes objectionable), or even our status symbol as affluent people, which is horrible and a shining example of how we continually fail to coexist in harmony with our planet.

CubanSucks
10-26-2010, 01:46 PM
This is fucked up no doubt, but it's annoying when they say they're "skinned alive" or "bleed to death" after the beating. If by "alive" they mean barely breathing while completely unconscious. Once that club makes good contact with their head they're gone, even if they're still breathing and convulsing...i'm not denying this is still fucked up to watch though

LoneStarState'sPride
10-26-2010, 02:24 PM

Is it tough to watch? Sure. But so long as there is demand for their hides this will continue.

Would I like to see a better way of killing them? Sure, but who the fuck am I? Animals die horrible deaths everyday in the wild, shit that makes this look humane.

silverblk mystix
10-26-2010, 04:41 PM
I gotta be honest....

I started watching that video, then it kinda saddened me...then I thought ...
poor, poor...creatures...

then...I imagined that instead of the baby seal on the ground...I imagined it was Kobe Bryant...

then I really visualized it...it seemed so real...then I started envisioning Kobe brains all over the ICE...THEN I really started to get into it....

THEN IT SEEMED...BEAUTIFUL....THENN....

oh, ...sorry...kinda got carried away there...

koriwhat
10-26-2010, 04:49 PM
shit sucks but i eat chicken daily so who am i to dispute the act

CubanSucks
10-26-2010, 05:53 PM
shit sucks but i eat chicken daily so who am i to dispute the act

http://i.bnet.com/blogs/oprahkfcchicken_l.jpg?tag=content;drawer-container

DarkReign
10-26-2010, 06:36 PM
The Orca doesn't have many other options.

http://www.glumbert.com/media/whales

It was the only quick video I could find, please excuse the stupid-ass music.

Bottom line: Orcas like to play with their food. They grab a seal off the shore (mainly), whip it around a bit (ie a lot) sometimes breaking a couple vertebrae, sometimes just knocking them silly, drag them out into open waters where the whole pod has a glorious fun time torturing the poor bastard by jumping onto it, flipping them with their tail, flinging them with their mouths and otherwise just beating the little fucker to its death....all in the name of Happy Fun-Time in Orca world. They'll even go into overtime and play with the schlubs corpse for amusement in the same manner.

Obviously, my post is drenched in sarcasm. Chimps torture their own kind for weeks, breaking their leg(s) and arm(s) so they cant run away from the sexual and physical abuse of the perpetrator. BTW, male Chimps dont care if youre male or female very much when this goes down. Also, when select troops of Chimps that hunt smaller primates (rare-ish behavior), its common that the troop will "tree" the animal by throwing things at it, while the most lithe member sneaks up and around to knock it over the head with a stick or its fists.

When that poor bastard hits the ground, he is played with for hours by multiple Chimps. Theyll even eat its limbs while its still alive full-well knowing that the bite they are taking will not kill the animal. They want to watch it scream, bleed and otherwise die a slow, painful, torturous death before their eyes. All for their own amusement....(motherfuckers should just invent cable, already).

I can pretty much guess you probably already knew these two small facts, CH, but I just wanted to respond to the "...orcas dont have much choice" aspect of your post.

They very much have a choice and they choose to regularly torture live seals for shits and giggles.

I mean, this isnt a 50-50 question obviously, but if you were a seal and had to choose a death from a human or an orca, I know which one I would choose.

CubanSucks
10-26-2010, 08:22 PM
seal's are little bitches and that's the bottom line

some of the cutest most adorable little bitches in the world

v2freak
10-27-2010, 03:23 AM

I'm not sure I understand what you're really saying. We, as humans, should base our actions and judge ourselves based on what whales and chimps do?

Wild Cobra
10-27-2010, 04:54 AM
I saw a Cougar have it's head beaten in up close and personal. The friend I was with clubbed it good with a bat. It was the Cougar, or one of us...

Poor kitty cat...

Such an awesome looking cat!

DarkReign
10-27-2010, 10:35 AM
I'm not sure I understand what you're really saying. We, as humans, should base our actions and judge ourselves based on what whales and chimps do?

No, my point is/was that humans can pretty much do whatever we want and that the brutality of the it is immaterial compared to other avenues of death for a ~300lb source of protein.

Do I think baby seals are cute? Of course, it has to do with their brow and eye position relative to a human's.

Would I personally have the stomach to go club a seal to death? Hell to the no. Unless I was hungry and in dire straits, no.

Do I like that other people do? No, but I have no will to try and stop them, either. It is their right, their trade, their means of income.

I dont see everyone crying up a river about where beef comes from? Or how chickens are treated and slaughtered. Or any other number of animals that are slaughtered for only their pelts (racoons, minks, beavers, etc). No one is holding a rally for the king crab and tuna of the world, only the dolphins that get caught in tuna nets.

Honestly, I am mildly surprised seals havent learned to avoid humans watching that video. Its obvious they have no natural fear (like polar bears), so that tells me that the seal population is doing just fine and that the number of seals slaughtered by these means is pitifully low. If it were widespread and constant, seals would learn to avoid humans.

The only thing that makes this practice uneasy for a common viewer is the means of death and the helplessness of the animal. Well, Im not a cold-hearted SOB and I totally understand the sentiment, but a little newsflash...every animal killed by a human with a modicum of intelligence is completely helpless....seal, deer, bear, etc.

Ever been deer hunting with a bow? Most (not all) shots dont kill the animal, they just mortally wound it. It runs off out of panic and instinct. It can run far (mile or two) or not (hundred yards), but it all ends the same. They either pass out from blood-loss or they, most of the time, fall down from blood-loss and spend their last moments on earth kicking and muling in their own blood, standing up, falling down, rolling over, kicking in a circle, yada yada.

Its a horrible thing to watch and, IMO, even worse to hear. Thats why most hunters take their shot and wait a half hour before pursuing the blood trail. That way by the time you find it, all of that messy stuff is done and over with so as not to damage little Johnny on his first hunt (like what happened to me).

Just seems a too selective process about what is a) an acceptable method of death and b) what animals are being killed. Its either we can kill, eat and/or harvest whatever we want (minus endangered species) or we cant at all.

Thats the way I see it, anyway.

DJ Mbenga
10-27-2010, 11:30 AM
i heard the word PETA and i stopped watching

v2freak
10-27-2010, 07:23 PM
No, my point is/was that humans can pretty much do whatever we want and that the brutality of the it is immaterial compared to other avenues of death for a ~300lb source of protein.

Do I think baby seals are cute? Of course, it has to do with their brow and eye position relative to a human's.

Would I personally have the stomach to go club a seal to death? Hell to the no. Unless I was hungry and in dire straits, no.

Do I like that other people do? No, but I have no will to try and stop them, either. It is their right, their trade, their means of income.

I dont see everyone crying up a river about where beef comes from? Or how chickens are treated and slaughtered. Or any other number of animals that are slaughtered for only their pelts (racoons, minks, beavers, etc). No one is holding a rally for the king crab and tuna of the world, only the dolphins that get caught in tuna nets.

Honestly, I am mildly surprised seals havent learned to avoid humans watching that video. Its obvious they have no natural fear (like polar bears), so that tells me that the seal population is doing just fine and that the number of seals slaughtered by these means is pitifully low. If it were widespread and constant, seals would learn to avoid humans.

The only thing that makes this practice uneasy for a common viewer is the means of death and the helplessness of the animal. Well, Im not a cold-hearted SOB and I totally understand the sentiment, but a little newsflash...every animal killed by a human with a modicum of intelligence is completely helpless....seal, deer, bear, etc.

Ever been deer hunting with a bow? Most (not all) shots dont kill the animal, they just mortally wound it. It runs off out of panic and instinct. It can run far (mile or two) or not (hundred yards), but it all ends the same. They either pass out from blood-loss or they, most of the time, fall down from blood-loss and spend their last moments on earth kicking and muling in their own blood, standing up, falling down, rolling over, kicking in a circle, yada yada.

Its a horrible thing to watch and, IMO, even worse to hear. Thats why most hunters take their shot and wait a half hour before pursuing the blood trail. That way by the time you find it, all of that messy stuff is done and over with so as not to damage little Johnny on his first hunt (like what happened to me).

Just seems a too selective process about what is a) an acceptable method of death and b) what animals are being killed. Its either we can kill, eat and/or harvest whatever we want (minus endangered species) or we cant at all.

Thats the way I see it, anyway.

Fair. To be honest, I didn't even watch the video. I thought you were suggesting humans should govern themselves based on what occurs in nature.

And to answer your other concern, I agree to a certain point. I am personally a vegetarian, so all mistreatment bothers me. If animals didn't suffer from being killed, then I would be less disturbed by human treatment of them. I would probably still not eat meat for heath reasons to be honest though.

fraga
10-27-2010, 08:13 PM
Baby seals...they'd eat you if they had the chance...