PDA

View Full Version : RTB: SpursTalk's 2010-11 Campaign

Blackjack
10-26-2010, 04:21 PM
It's not any kind of revelation for most but for those that aren't aware, I've taken my talents to Reigning Black and Project Spurs -- it ain't South Beach but it ain't not South Beach, either. (Not sure what that even means, but I digress . . .)

SpursTalk and its community has opened doors I never even knew existed. This place has truly been a godsend in so many ways for me. I know I'm not the only person who's benefited from this board in some size, shape, form or fashion, so I'm hoping we can keep this thing going -- let's make sure we take the time to take stock in our brand. SpursTalk is the best Spurs board there is -- hands-down -- let's keep it that way.

There are some 20K members here, surely we've got the type of people capable of taking the reins for RTB.

So if you've got something you'd like to contribute once a week or a couple of times a month, do it to it. If you'd like to assign responsibilities or categories a poster could tackle on a given week, say a "Week That Was" or something, again, do it to it.

The news of whottt's passing was shocking, to say the least. A diminished presence is bad enough but to lose him or anyone else of that quality ... the board's inevitably left a void. So I ask you to keep the spirit of whottt alive with your passion and enthusiasm for the Spurs and this board -- trolls step up your game, likewise basketball aficionados.

Let's do it to it, SpursTalkers. ...'Til the wheels fall off.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/image_pictures/0037/3439/0623_large_crop_340x234.jpg

R.I.P whottt

Kori Ellis
10-26-2010, 04:32 PM
The past year has been very interesting for timvp and I. We were pretty much absent from the 2009-10 campaign due to a series of events - some great and some not so great.

Earlier this year, we went from a happy family of two to an even happier family of five. And obviously that huge adjustment drew us away from the board. ST really wasn't that important to us for the time being. Props to all of you for sticking around without anyone looking out for you/the site.

Our family is very settled in now. And both us intend to be very active on ST this season.

Drive for Five, 'Til the Wheels Fall Off, Whatever.... it's going to be a great season.

The Big 3 are all healthy again. Splitter finally arrived. And we all know that Dejuan Blair is going to be beasting more than ever.

Here's to the Spurs and all of you. :toast

It's going to be a good season.

- Kori

RIP Whottt

duncan228
10-26-2010, 04:39 PM

Glad to hear you're settled and can be here more. You were both missed. Looking forward to another great season with the team and SpursTalk. :toast

duncan228
10-26-2010, 04:41 PM
Oh, and Blackjack...Reigning Black and Project Spurs better not keep you away from here. You're also missed. :)

MaNu4Tres
10-26-2010, 04:47 PM
I have a good feeling about this year.

And tomorrow it all begins...

:hungry:

Blackjack
10-26-2010, 04:52 PM
Oh, and Blackjack...Reigning Black and Project Spurs better not keep you away from here. You're also missed. :)

Home is home ... won't ever forget where that is. ;)

Looking forward to a great year, both on the court and on this board. :toast

MaNu4Tres, let's do it to it. :smokin

The Great Fantastic
10-26-2010, 05:09 PM
I am excited about this season!

Don't worry folks, I will keep my 15 posts a year going strong!!! I isn't not going any nowhere!

And here is to Richard Jefferson playing with purpose instead of having his head up his ass. :toast

I apologize for the "Richard might not have his head up his own ass but...." jokes that will ensue.

We get it.

Cane
10-26-2010, 05:10 PM
Should be an even better season. Can't wait.

DesignatedT
10-26-2010, 05:12 PM
Believe:flag:

Brazil
10-26-2010, 05:12 PM
The past year has been very interesting for timvp and I. We were pretty much absent from the 2009-10 campaign due to a series of events - some great and some not so great.

Earlier this year, we went from a happy family of two to an even happier family of five. And obviously that huge adjustment drew us away from the board. ST really wasn't that important to us for the time being. Props to all of you for sticking around without anyone looking out for you/the site.

Our family is very settled in now. And both us intend to be very active on ST this season.

Drive for Five, 'Til the Wheels Fall Off, Whatever.... it's going to be a great season.

The Big 3 are all healthy again. Splitter finally arrived. And we all know that Dejuan Blair is going to be beasting more than ever.

- Kori

RIP Whottt

cheers :toast

I wish to all ST community a happy 2010 - 2011 season !

Special :toast to the international posters. Not speaking about myself but I think most of the guys are great posters: low trash talk level, good takes, good info, fun and very attached to ST and its spurs forum, international forum and other sports forum.

RIP whottt

DeadlyDynasty
10-26-2010, 05:15 PM
2nd seed ftw

good luck, ya'll:toast

Blackjack
10-26-2010, 05:25 PM
2nd seed ftw

good luck, ya'll:toast

It's amazing what a good sig allows you to tolerate. :lol

RTB isn't exclusive to the Spurs forum, it's the whole board. Should be a hell of an NBA season and this board should be all the better for it.

Now go fall in the San Andreas fault -- but please leave the sig.

I keed ... I keed . . . :smokin

Bruno
10-26-2010, 05:31 PM
_shxzlTRK44

NBA is back :elephant

benefactor
10-26-2010, 05:46 PM
I'm so ready for the season. I know I've been giving the team a lot of shit for the moves that were made but that was mostly for killing time and a little bit of instigation(that doesn't make me any more happy about it though :)). Now it's time for the games to be played on the floor. Regardless of how I feel, I want the very best for this team and I earnestly hope that RJ gets it and the team rediscovers the defensive identity that made them champions.

Five starts now. Win.

Texas_Ranger
10-26-2010, 05:52 PM
Let's kick some ass!!:makemyday

Dex
10-26-2010, 06:07 PM
:toast to the Spurs, the Ellis family, and the rest of the SpursTalk collective. Here's to another great season.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/178/438959600_0b8a4bddea.jpg?v=0

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/237/684/DuncanRobinson_display_image.jpg?1275402852

http://i40.tinypic.com/256wio5.jpg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f342/snoopy_bjv/Spurs2007.jpg

?

Drive for 5 v4.0, initialize! :flag:

Mel_13
10-26-2010, 06:17 PM

Seconded.

MaNu4Tres
10-26-2010, 06:22 PM
Defense wins championships. Matt Bonner doesn't fit into that equation.

Hopefully Splitter forces Pop the hand to finally sit Bonner when it matters.

A front-court of Duncan Splitter McDyess and Blair is as good as there is in the entire league.

ElNono
10-26-2010, 06:33 PM
Good to see the usual suspects around...

Here's hoping the team has a great season. :toast

Now let's get this thing started!

Spurs Brazil
10-26-2010, 06:48 PM
Good to see the usual suspects around...

Here's hoping the team has a great season. :toast

Now let's get this thing started!

:tu

:flag::flag::flag::flag:

Amuseddaysleeper
10-26-2010, 06:52 PM
I'm going to try to bring back "The Week Ahead" where I broke down the Spurs upcoming schedule and what to expect. I may also do a couple more BlogTalk Radio shows if the interest is there.

Here's to a great season :toast

Blackjack
10-26-2010, 07:45 PM
I'm going to try to bring back "The Week Ahead" where I broke down the Spurs upcoming schedule and what to expect. I may also do a couple more BlogTalk Radio shows if the interest is there.

Big ol' :tu

ohmwrecker
10-26-2010, 08:33 PM
Good luck, Jack. I look forward to reading your stu
ff. Wherever it may be.
It's been a strange off season and I have been a little uneven myself. I look forward to the start of the season and my posts being more smart, less smartass.

tp2021
10-26-2010, 08:38 PM
All I know is, I better guess a game score right this season cuz I want a Spur under my name, damn it!

:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt2:

rayray2k8
10-26-2010, 09:28 PM
Was gonna save this for tomorrow, but this is the perfect thread to show it..

5csLqc-lqTQ

ShoogarBear
10-26-2010, 09:38 PM
Splitter finally arrived.

The hell you say.

DPG21920
10-26-2010, 09:51 PM
I am thrilled the season is back.

I want to see how Tiago helps and where he fits.

I want to see if Anderson can be a player.

I want to see the big 3 healthy.

I wan to see if this team kind find their defensive identity.

Just bring the energy. Do the dirty work.

TD 21
10-27-2010, 01:37 AM
Earlier this year, we went from a happy family of two to an even happier family of five.

You had triplets or went on an adoption spree?

Good to hear. I haven't picked apart one of timvp's posts in a while.

Defense wins championships. Matt Bonner doesn't fit into that equation.

Hopefully Splitter forces Pop the hand to finally sit Bonner when it matters.

A front-court of Duncan Splitter McDyess and Blair is as good as there is in the entire league.

I actually don't think Bonner sitting has much to do with Splitter. I think it has more to do with the team's collective three point shooting. If they have enough three point shooting without him, then they'll be little to no need for him. I think the other thing it has to do with is Blair. If he can play against all teams, then they'll also be little to no need for Bonner.

You never know with Pop and it could somewhat dependent on match-up, too, but I think it's safe to say that, aside from Duncan, who's obviously a lock, McDyess and Splitter will be in the playoff rotation. So that leaves one spot for Blair or Bonner.

To me, the ideal scenario, as far as the playoff rotation goes, is Splitter starting next to Duncan, with McDyess and Blair as the backups.

Seventyniner
10-27-2010, 06:59 AM
Earlier this year, we went from a happy family of two to an even happier family of five.

Congratulations! Sounds like your family's Drive for Five was successful. :toast

Now it's the Spurs' turn.

TJastal
10-27-2010, 07:29 AM
This is a damn good place to hang out and talk basketball (and have a few laughs along the way).

Looking forward to the season, & reading all the quality posts from all the quality posters on this board. Hopin the spurs have what it takes to take on the big boys and succeed (knocking the lakers/thunder off would be the ultimate thrill for me).

lurker23
10-27-2010, 09:48 AM
I'm happy to be back for another year of Spurs Basketball.

No guarantees on what kind of RTB threads I'll start this year, or how frequently they'll pop up, but I'll try my best to stick to my strengths, unless I get bored. (Spurs- play well and don't let me get bored.)

As always, I'm thrilled to be part of such a great and vibrant community. Everyone here, from the heavyweight posters to the 15-thoughts-per-year contributors, to even the lurkers, make this a fun place to hang out.

As for the Spurs, this should be a good year. Best case, this team's ceiling is certainly a championship, though it'll be a pretty decent climb to get there. Worst case, I think we'll have fun watching the Spurs youth grow and improve as basketball players.

The Drive for Five continues tonight. Believe. :flag: