PDA

View Full Version : So Houston is a Lottery team....

Tmac&Luther
10-27-2010, 12:25 AM
and a scrub team....

Hate to break this to the rest of the West, but Houston is going to compete in this conference.

DaDakota
10-27-2010, 12:30 AM
Houston will be 2nd in the western conference this year.

DD

Giuseppe
10-27-2010, 12:30 AM
O & 1.

tee, hee.

noob cake
10-27-2010, 12:31 AM
We are a lotto team, 0% win rate currently.

Greg Oden
yay for that moral victory :cry

duhoh
better than O & forever amirite :D

vy65
10-27-2010, 12:38 AM
24 minutes

Kai
10-27-2010, 12:41 AM
on an 0-82 pace.

Tmac&Luther
10-27-2010, 12:43 AM
LMFAO at all the "moral victory" people...

The truth...

HOUSTON BLEW THIS GAME AND WERE BETTER THAN LA TONIGHT.

Hence the topic of this thread...

Now continue with your collective circle jerk on how we're happy with the close loss (we're pissed, should've won that game and LA knows it. Absolutely pissed, but whatever...we're lottery bound right?)

Now that we got that out of the way, can we please get back on topic on how idiots around here constantly claim how Houston will be a Lottery team and totally disregard them, while they completely ignore the fact that Houston has just as much talent as anybody not named L.A. and have more depth than anybody in the West including L.A....

Let's talk about that. You know, the lottery team that is the Houston Rockets. :sleep

kamikazi_player
10-27-2010, 12:45 AM
lol dumbass rocket fan

I see you going 2-0

cue in lol sensitive emo poster.

mingus
10-27-2010, 12:48 AM
something will inevetably happen to K mart. has he every played a whole season? No, and surely not at the level of intensity that the Rockets wil have to compete at to make the playoffs. Even if Yao manages to stay healthy k mart won't.

DeadlyDynasty
LMFAO at all the "moral victory" people...

The truth...

HOUSTON BLEW THIS GAME AND WERE BETTER THAN LA TONIGHT.

Hence the topic of this thread...

Now continue with your collective circle jerk on how we're happy with the close loss (we're pissed, should've won that game and LA knows it. Absolutely pissed, but whatever...we're lottery bound right?)

Now that we got that out of the way, can we please get back on topic on how idiots around here constantly claim how Houston will be a Lottery team and totally disregard them, while they completely ignore the fact that Houston has just as much talent as anybody not named L.A. and have more depth than anybody in the West including L.A....

Let's talk about that. You know, the lottery team that is the Houston Rockets. :sleep

The better team doesn't turn the ball over 20 times. LA shot like shit tonight, don't act like you caught their A game.

Kai
I'd rather wait until we win a game to start bragging about how awesome we are. I'm very encouraged though. We were very sloppy and we had no answer for Pau, even with Yao in.

Tmac&Luther
10-27-2010, 12:55 AM
I'd rather wait until we win a game to start bragging about how awesome we are. I'm very encouraged though. We were very sloppy and we had no answer for Pau, even with Yao in.

Yao is a role player......the sooner our team recognizes this the better. As soon as we stop trying to force him into clutch points in the game, the better. He's nothing, but a TOer.

P.S.

I never claimed "how great we are"...

I simply said we aren't a lottery team and it was ridiculous for people to act like we were.....we have a decent amount of posts in this thread and still not one single poster has tried to argue how we won't be in the playoffs.....hence the entire purpose of this thread.

Giuseppe
10-27-2010, 12:57 AM
Yao is a role player......the sooner our team recognizes this the better. As soon as we stop trying to force him into clutch points in the game, the better. He's nothing, but a TOer.

&, gettin' his reality on.

Tmac&Luther
10-27-2010, 01:00 AM
&, gettin' his reality on.

I've had that stance on Yao for years.....where have you been?

Why do you think I find it so amusing when fans act like our season swings in the balance on his individual success. :lol

The sooner Yao is off this team, the better. He's injury prone and he handcuffs the Rockets potential........the reason why they failed tonight is because they were once again forced to try to fit Yao into their plan down the stretch.

F... Yao, just do what you do......what the **** has Yao ever done for this franchise? Whooptie do.....he won one playoff series......WOW!! If it was up to me, I'd trade his ass, so you're talking to the wrong person.

Kai
10-27-2010, 01:16 AM
Honestly if Battier didn't play and we were forced to play Budinger at the 3 the whole game, I think we would have won. Then again, I'm sure there a lot of 'ifs' in a 2 point loss.

noob cake
10-27-2010, 01:17 AM
Bench Battier, start Budinger. I don't see why we even bother playing Budinger against Kobe. Kobe has never had a off shooting night against Houston ever.

Kai
10-27-2010, 01:20 AM
It's only one game, but Battier certainly seems to be a hindrance to an otherwise productive, albeit sloppy team.

Greg Oden
10-27-2010, 01:23 AM

brah you claimed in the OP that the Rockets are going to compete for the conference. Is it possible for you to stick in one lane?

HarlemHeat37
10-27-2010, 01:24 AM
That was one of my concerns with the Rockets too..I listed the concerns as health, balance of shots, star power and perimeter defense..

It looks like they will be able to balance the shots, so that's obviously big..nothing they can do about the star power and health..

Battier clearly lost a step last year, he was an average individual defender last year IMO..I don't think he's suited to play more than 25 MPG anymore..he would be a really good player at around 20 MPG(more depending on certain matchups)..Budinger looks like he will be good enough to split Battier's minutes..

GuerillaBlack
10-27-2010, 01:26 AM

P.S.

I simply said we aren't a lottery team and it was ridiculous for people to act like we were.....we have a decent amount of posts in this thread and still not one single poster has tried to argue how we won't be in the playoffs.....hence the entire purpose of this thread.

Are you Carr Bombed at TexansTalk?

Lars
10-27-2010, 01:27 AM
Battier clearly was the reason we lost...

http://popcornmachine.net/cgi-bin/gameflow.cgi?date=20101026&game=HOULAL

Except he wasnt. We were outscored by 17 in the 3rd/4th when he sat down. He had the highest +/- on the team.

Opposing wings were 11-35 for 35 points.

He did his job.

dirk4mvp
10-27-2010, 01:29 AM
Rocketfan over rating their team, per the usual.

BUMP
10-27-2010, 01:32 AM
Rocketfan over rating their team, per the usual.

per the course, per the usual, per what I've seen her over the years at ST, per the faggotry they spew from their mouths, Yao's health withstanding, per their 2 week stint in the NFL Forum;::::::then *POOF*

It was ST's darkest hour, Rocketfan, and you guys somehow made it darker. With me, MP, wishing to be left dead in the ground.

let us proceed.....

dirk4mvp
10-27-2010, 01:34 AM
i'm a trend setter.

i set trends.

AussieFanKurt
10-27-2010, 01:37 AM
Houston aren't looking too bad. Trade Yao "no heart" Ming

icem
10-27-2010, 02:58 AM
the rockets have no closer, that is their biggest weakness. the rockets are a 3 quarter team.

IronMexican
10-27-2010, 03:04 AM
Houston played better, but still lost? not looking so good.

kamikazi_player
10-28-2010, 12:23 AM
:lmao

badfish22
10-28-2010, 12:23 AM
0-2

IronMexican
10-28-2010, 12:24 AM
Houston played better, but still lost? not looking so good.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

roflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflrofl

phyzik
10-28-2010, 12:26 AM
Houston would probably do well against the Thunder in the first round.... after that? not so much.

Killakobe81
10-28-2010, 12:29 AM
It's early but you know what to get a top seed you have to beat the bottome feeders like Golden state. Lakers, Mavs, spurs, blazers OKC, Denver, rox, Utah, suns will beat on each other all season long. The top 2 seeds will be the teams that protect their home-court, split the tough games and win on the road. Rox lost to the Lakers on the road expected. But have to get some road wins. Being down 0-2 even this early means a top 2 seed is that much harder.

AussieFanKurt
10-28-2010, 12:31 AM
Golden State are not a bad squad and on back of a back to back I think Rockets did good

noob cake
10-28-2010, 12:54 AM
It's early but you know what to get a top seed you have to beat the bottome feeders like Golden state. Lakers, Mavs, spurs, blazers OKC, Denver, rox, Utah, suns will beat on each other all season long. The top 2 seeds will be the teams that protect their home-court, split the tough games and win on the road. Rox lost to the Lakers on the road expected. But have to get some road wins. Being down 0-2 even this early means a top 2 seed is that much harder.

Lakers math, 0-2 eliminates you from high seed.

....but I do agree that this 0-2 start is not so great. Defense is total crap without Lowry and Yao.

Killakobe81
10-28-2010, 12:59 AM
Lakers math, 0-2 eliminates you from high seed.

....but I do agree that this 0-2 start is not so great. Defense is total crap without Lowry and Yao.

Dont throw your bitterness at me. LOL
Im just saying when fighting for a top seed every game counts. we focus more on the late ones but these early ones matter the same . A win is a win. I just expect the races to be tight. i think Lakers will get top seed but it will be close. and i epect it to be even a tighter battle for #2-4. Will be tough to win a playoff series without HCA ...that is allim saying. Not saying yall will miss playoffs.

Giuseppe
10-28-2010, 05:08 AM
lmemulatedao!

Obstructed_View
10-28-2010, 05:49 AM
the rockets have no closer, that is their biggest weakness. the rockets are a 3 quarter team.

^^

Giuseppe
10-28-2010, 06:07 AM
+ they got that ass bent over 2 nites in-a-row.

LkrFan
10-28-2010, 06:17 AM
http://my.lakers.com/blogs/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/106149106.jpg

Count it! :lol

ezau
10-28-2010, 07:10 AM
No one wins championships in October

z0sa
10-28-2010, 07:31 AM
Competing doesn't = winning.

noob cake
10-28-2010, 07:37 AM

Not everyone can have a cozy home season opener and manually selected schedule like the Lakers every season.

z0sa
10-28-2010, 07:38 AM
Not everyone can have a cozy home season opener and manually selected schedule like the Lakers every season.

Are you suggesting Ring Ceremony Night should be on the road? :lmao

Muser
10-28-2010, 11:15 AM
:lmao

noob cake
10-28-2010, 12:47 PM

Well it just happens that Lakers won the ship last year; they would probably have gotten a home opener anyways regardless.

On the surface, Lakers SOS may not be that much different from that of other teams, if you do the eye test on their schedule, you always see a manually adjusted schedule to their advantage.

DeadlyDynasty
10-28-2010, 02:33 PM
Well it just happens that Lakers won the ship last year; they would probably have gotten a home opener anyways regardless.

On the surface, Lakers SOS may not be that much different from that of other teams, if you do the eye test on their schedule, you always see a manually adjusted schedule to their advantage.

So Stern likes us better...cry me a fucking river:cry

Maybe if that giant gook didn't cost the NBA so much foreign revenue last year you'd be in Stern's good graces too.

BUMP
10-28-2010, 06:26 PM

tbh, they were lucky to get a scrub team for a warmup on opening night

BUMP
11-04-2010, 05:30 PM
Houston will be 2nd in the western conference this year.

DD

and a scrub team....

Hate to break this to the rest of the West, but Houston is going to compete in this conference.
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

TheMACHINE
11-04-2010, 05:56 PM
one week later and is still at a 0-82 pace

Hooks
11-04-2010, 06:03 PM
Houston is just tanking to get the #1 draft pick, I've seen it all before...

Iceman101
11-04-2010, 06:04 PM
lol DaDakota, here are the problems:

1.) Aaron Brooks - Not suited to run the offense, especially with Yao on the floor. Has NO composure when things aren't going his way, jacks up too many shots at the most inopportune moments. Defensive liability, makes too many boneheaded decisions with the rock

2.) Shane Battier - His corpse is stinking up, and will continue to stink up not just the arenas he is in, but the entire cities as well. He can't make a wide open shot to save his life, worse than Brooks on D, and just doesn't provide anything. And on any team, you need some sort of production from the 3 spot

3.) Yao - This team is better suited to run, they can't decide who they want to be because Yao clogs the lane obviously limiting their fast break opportunites. But when he is in the game, they still fail to give him the ball

4.) Rick Adelman - Piss poor substitution patterns

5.) Kyle Lowry - Thinks he can automatically start jackin up three pointers when he sucks at shooting all together. Is not the same force at driving the ball as last year

Iceman101
11-04-2010, 06:10 PM
Houston is just tanking to get the #1 draft pick, I've seen it all before...

Harrison Barnes FTW!!!

7pCL5c9zl-U