PDA

View Full Version : A glorious night indeed!

cobbler
10-27-2010, 01:44 AM
One day into the season and what a beautiful night!!!

The rings are gorgeous!
The 16th banner shines bright!
The Lakers win! (Shannon is going to have a BIG year)
The bench is solid and will only get better when our starting center returns.

I would have much prefered the Heat beat the Celts as any true Laker fan would. But even in that dissapointment, on this glorious of all nights, you just have to love all the gems in the game threads.

HarlemHobag on day one:

Heat vs Celts...

Played the injury card.
Played the Ref card.
Played, along with all the other bandwagoners, the moral victory card.
His Ace troll banished for the year.

Lakers vs Rockets...

Whined and bitched about everything Lakers during the ring ceremony and game further solidifying his OBSESSION. (with the exception of his realization if Blake and Brown shoot well, the season is over)

....and most of all made several references to ME and several other Laker greats further acknowledging that his number has been pulled and I own the ticket.

A Glorious Night Indeed!

Albert Haynesworth
10-27-2010, 01:49 AM
Yeah it was a glorious night indeed, I was able to get up and walk around! Thank god for fully functioning legs!

Venti Quattro
10-27-2010, 01:53 AM
can you please take a picture of your ring and upload it to spurstalk

thx cobbler

cobbler
10-27-2010, 01:54 AM
Already in the safe... Get your own.

Venti Quattro
10-27-2010, 01:55 AM

sooo selfish :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

Killakobe81
10-27-2010, 06:33 AM
One day into the season and what a beautiful night!!!

The rings are gorgeous!
The 16th banner shines bright!
The Lakers win! (Shannon is going to have a BIG year)
The bench is solid and will only get better when our starting center returns.

I would have much prefered the Heat beat the Celts as any true Laker fan would. But even in that dissapointment, on this glorious of all nights, you just have to love all the gems in the game threads.

HarlemHobag on day one:

Heat vs Celts...

Played the injury card.
Played the Ref card.

Lakers vs Rockets...

Whined and bitched about everything Lakers during the ring ceremony and game further solidifying his OBSESSION. (with the exception of his realization if Blake and Brown shoot well, the season is over)

....and most of all made several references to ME and several other Laker greats further acknowledging that his number has been pulled and I own the ticket.

A Glorious Night Indeed!

I noticed this too. Harlem calling you out and making excuses. I agree with him that the heat will be much better. But I found the lack of respect by him and others for the Celts appaling. Boston will get better too by playoff time. they have won the East 2 of the last 3 and although they lost Perk and Tony allen the Oneals and Daniels /Delonte replace them. Celts are for real ...and Orlando will also be tough for the heat.

ezau
10-27-2010, 06:54 AM
I thank God for giving me functioning legs so I can play basketball whenever I want.

Fastbreak here, fastbreak there. Jumpstop, pull-up Js.

It's amazing what functioning legs can to do make people happy and complete. :toast

hater
10-27-2010, 08:33 AM

and what is that imaginary combination to that imaginary safe?

:elephant

rjv
10-27-2010, 08:54 AM
freaks.

TheManFromAcme
10-27-2010, 08:59 AM
:toast to the banner
:toast to the rings
:toast and last but not least..........our man Blake

Cry Havoc
10-27-2010, 09:12 AM
:lmao

Since when do Lakers fans get excited over a regular season game?

You guys are slipping.

nkdlunch
10-27-2010, 09:56 AM
weirdos

and I thought the mavkrew was weird. these laker mofos are bizarre

Sportcamper
10-27-2010, 10:00 AM
Houston looks like the Kings when they were good…It never changes, Adelman is a fantastic coach & fields a team that hustles & wastes no time on the fast break…But they always come up short against Zenman & Kobe…

Good to see Yao out there...He looks huge next to Pau...:lol

Rummpd
10-27-2010, 10:02 AM
The Lakers earned and got their rings and pulled out a gutty win over a gritty and pretty talented team in the Rockets. Props to them for their "impressive" 2 point win mainly fueled by out of character hot shooting by Shannon Brown.

The true take away from this game is however is that while the Lakers are a very deep and strong team they are not going to cruise through the West. The gap between the Lakers and the other Western contenders does not appear to be that great and the Lakers are NOT a lock to repeat as WC representatives in the finals.

Giuseppe
10-27-2010, 10:16 AM
^Damning us with faint praise....the charter MO of Mid.

LakeShow
10-27-2010, 11:16 AM
:lmao

Since when do Lakers fans get excited over a regular season game?

You guys are slipping.

That was not just any regular season game. That was ring night, the game was secondary. A very special occasion in LA. It was beautiful. Emotions were high upon the unveiling of the Championship Banner. I Love LA. :king

Cry Havoc
10-27-2010, 11:18 AM
That was not just any regular season game. That was ring night, the game was secondary. A very special occasion in LA. It was beautiful. Emotions were high upon the unveiling of the Championship Banner. I Love LA. :king

So why pay attention to a lowly regular season game between two teams that aren't even in your conference?

Killakobe81
10-27-2010, 01:09 PM
It was the start of the NBA season and the last day to celebrate last years work. yes we will be the defending champs all year but we have to sieze a new title, nothing will be easy. So though im not wowed by a victory at home over the Rockets I am pleased we won. 55+ wins is what it will take to win the West and so now we have one in the bank. As for the ROX ...great effort by them average to mediocre performance by us except for shannon.

As was stated above, the game was secondary the banner was the most important thing about last night.

The Gemini Method
10-27-2010, 01:18 PM
It was a remarkable night and definitely shows how fortunate us Laker fans are. It never gets old as PJ said and I did enjoy the teammates introducing each other. Jeannie Buss was lookin' good and the audacity to allow Ron lead the countdown is light years from what the detractors and Laker fans alike were saying at the previous ring ceremony. The ring is a tad gaudy for my taste, but I'd rather see the team get theirs year after year than not.

Cheers to, hopefully, an exciting season to all the Laker fans here (and fans of other teams as well).

TinTin
10-27-2010, 01:26 PM
HarlemHobag on day one:

Heat vs Celts...

Played the injury card.
Played the Ref card.

I know even people in wheelchairs can be dirtbags but a link to all of this? Harlem didn't change his stance mid course of the game, he already said that he didn't expect the heat to win

in2deep
10-27-2010, 01:31 PM
Jeannie Buss was lookin' good

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

what????

:lmao :lmao :lmao

DeadlyDynasty
10-27-2010, 01:33 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

what????

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Phil goes home to jeanie buss while you go home to rosy palms

duncan228
10-27-2010, 01:35 PM
Phil Jackson sums up Lakers championship ring: They are “unwearable” and “terrific” (http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/27/phil-jackson-sums-up-lakers-championship-ring-they-are-%e2%80%9cunwearable%e2%80%9d-and-%e2%80%9cterrific%e2%80%9d/)
Kurt Helin

Nobody knows more about NBA championship rings than Phil Jackson. He’s got 11 of them, he even designed one (the last title of the Shaq/Kobe three-peat).

And he’s not a huge fan. Except when he is.

“They’re unwearable. And I always think they’re something that should be able to be worn.

“But seeing as Dr. Buss designed this one I think it’s terrific.”

Unwearable. Terrific. There are a lot of words one could use to describe the ring itself. Gaudy would work — two replicas of the Larry O’Brien trophy made of 16 Kt gold, and 16 oversized diamonds. Each players face is engraved on the ring with a 3D technology.

The coolest touch — every ring has a piece of a Game 7 used ball in it. Visible only when the ring is off, but you can see it.

That is sweet. Not that it makes the ring wearable. But no Laker is going to trade it… well, except for Artest.

In case anyone missed it.

qn4Bsn2fyqc

The Gemini Method
10-27-2010, 01:37 PM
I personally like the previous incarnation a little better than this one. But, the touch of adding a little piece of the Game 7 basketball and the 3D faces are a cool touch.

Giuseppe
10-27-2010, 01:50 PM
Phil goes home to jeanie buss while you go home to rosy palms

She probably holds the bush over his head like they all do. Act like its the holy grail.

Palms are fine & you're back here lickity split.

The Gemini Method
10-27-2010, 01:55 PM
She probably holds the bush over his head like they all do. Act like its the holy grail.

Palms are fine & you're back here lickity split.

lol Good ol' Cubby.

LakeShow
10-27-2010, 02:22 PM
So why pay attention to a lowly regular season game between two teams that aren't even in your conference?

oh, u were talking about the Heat game. My bad, I didn't even watch that game.

We already knew that the heat was too thin to compete with the Lakers and Celtics in the paint but I expect them to make a move before the trade deadline.

LakeShow
10-27-2010, 02:25 PM
It was a remarkable night and definitely shows how fortunate us Laker fans are. It never gets old as PJ said and I did enjoy the teammates introducing each other. Jeannie Buss was lookin' good and the audacity to allow Ron lead the countdown is light years from what the detractors and Laker fans alike were saying at the previous ring ceremony. The ring is a tad gaudy for my taste, but I'd rather see the team get theirs year after year than not.

Cheers to, hopefully, an exciting season to all the Laker fans here (and fans of other teams as well).

:toast