PDA

View Full Version : duncan playing time

spectator
10-27-2010, 01:50 AM
would you rather have him play more games with less minutes (avg. 30) or not play b2b games and avg. 34 min?

edit: sorry for the double q - my first poll

spectator
10-27-2010, 01:54 AM
FYI: spurs have 17 b2b this season

UnWantedTheory
10-27-2010, 02:19 AM
30 minutes and less b2b's....and then only when necessary. I think this should be more than a two option poll. Nothing is this cut and dry when it comes to the regulation of a player of TD's caliber.

spectator
10-27-2010, 02:34 AM
30 minutes and less b2b's....and then only when necessary. I think this should be more than a two option poll. Nothing is this cut and dry when it comes to the regulation of a player of TD's caliber.

right - nothing is really cut and dry. i really wanted to go to between what happened last year with timmy and what the suns did with shaq in '08, always keeping him away from playing both b2b games.

i would like to see tim play the first 4-5 b2b, have a shot of making the all-star team again, then take some time off as soon as tiago gets going. that way, we get him healthy and rested for the POs.

angelbelow
10-27-2010, 03:06 AM
I would prefer play 30 without playing most B2B actually. But i voted for 30 but play most b2bs.

Bruno
10-27-2010, 05:13 AM
Limiting Duncan's minute should be one of Pop main priority this season. Tim has had some difficulties after the ASG these past two years. He should get as few minutes per game and as much game off as necessary to be fresh for the playoffs.

The good news is that Spurs have a roster made to limit Duncan minutes. They are very deep in the paint with 5 quality players (Duncan, Blair, Splitter, Bonner and McDyess) for the regular season. After having spend a significant amount of money to create that depth, like, for example, $22M spend on Splitter+Bonner this summer, it would be very puzzling to see Pop not using it to keep Tim fresh for the playoffs.

TJastal
10-27-2010, 09:26 AM
I would prefer play 30 without playing most B2B actually. But i voted for 30 but play most b2bs.

I guess your also fine with the spurs fighting tooth and nail for an 7th/8th seed again