PDA

View Full Version : steve blake

lil_penny
10-27-2010, 02:12 AM
looks like steve is going to be a good fit.

really wish we could of kept that guy, very underated brings it every night, and helps set the tone.. and never hesitates on that big shot:toast

lil_penny
10-27-2010, 02:18 AM
yea didnt catch much of the game but the final mins, just in time for blakes shot felt good for the guy he deserves a home i would of hate seeing him rot with the clips or go from team to team.. every once in a while you gotta check him though, sometimes he gets a little trigger happy:lol

barnes is going to be a solid addition also another player who you know what youll get night in and night out with i hated him on the suns and gsw but the games i watched him play on orl he looked like he was more thoughtful with his shot selection lol

ginobili's bald spot
10-27-2010, 02:24 AM
barnes is going to be a solid addition also another player who you know what youll get night in and night out with i hated him on the suns and gsw but the games i watched him play on orl he looked like he was more thoughtful with his shot selection lol

I fucking hate that douche Barnes and that will never change. But he is a huge upgrade over Luke or whatever other corpse we threw out there last season at backup SF. Hell anything is an upgrade over Luke since he contributes absolutely nothing.

cobbler
10-27-2010, 02:34 AM
we have blake and barnes for farmar and morrison

nuff said

namlook
10-27-2010, 02:50 AM
Blake won't have games like this every night but he and Barnes are a very solid upgrade for the bench. Lakers got better.

DeadlyDynasty
10-27-2010, 08:54 AM
looks like steve is going to be a good fit.

really wish we could of kept that guy, very underated brings it every night, and helps set the tone.. and never hesitates on that big shot:toast

He was too hesitant the first 3 quarters when he had a plethora of open looks. Still, he came through when it mattered most so his confidence should be sky-high right now.

21_Blessings
10-27-2010, 09:35 AM
His defense is pretty bad but he's basically the anti-Farmar offensively with his unselfishness.

He'll excel on the Lakers since he seems to have his ego in check.

MI21
10-27-2010, 09:56 AM
Blake is the exact type of guard that tends to pop-up and hit key shots out of the triangle.

Between him and Barnes I think the Lakers re-tooled their bench quite nicely.

Which is fucking gay.

Venti Quattro
10-27-2010, 10:15 AM
Anyone not named jordan farmar is an upgrade TBH. Well unless if you're smush parker

Giuseppe
10-27-2010, 10:17 AM
Hi, fartface.

Venti Quattro
10-27-2010, 10:20 AM
Hi, fartface.

sup smush cubby

Giuseppe
10-27-2010, 10:27 AM
We won last nite. How'd your team fare?

PDXSpursFan
10-27-2010, 10:57 AM
Blake will play decent through the regular season but during playoffs:

iCaLjttPxVk

Venti Quattro
10-27-2010, 11:00 AM
Blake will play decent through the regular season but during playoffs:

iCaLjttPxVk

Non-issue.

the Lakers signed Blake to get Fisher through the regular season so Fish will be ready to stick that next dagger in the playoffs :hat

TheMACHINE
10-27-2010, 11:21 AM
Blake pretty much said "Im the new "Fish" in town" with that shot.

Giuseppe
10-27-2010, 11:26 AM
.....looking around immediately afterward for Kobe was a little disconcerting, but, I'm being petty.

The Gemini Method
10-27-2010, 11:38 AM
A definite upgrade over Farmar and will provide at least a good back-up to Fisher. I did notice, though, it was Blake who had the final burn in the game and that was a bit interesting. I wonder how Derek took that...

Venti Quattro
10-27-2010, 11:40 AM
A definite upgrade over Farmar and will provide at least a good back-up to Fisher. I did notice, though, it was Blake who had the final burn in the game and that was a bit interesting. I wonder how Derek took that...

props to Phil Jackson for finally sticking with a lineup that works :tu :tu :tu

tbonewalker
10-27-2010, 12:32 PM
His defense is pretty bad but he's basically the anti-Farmar offensively with his unselfishness.

He'll excel on the Lakers since he seems to have his ego in check.

You haven't a clue who or what you are talking about, evidenced by the bold above.

And, ego? Lol, as if the defense comment wasn't bad enough you felt the need to add another stinker of a comment on top of it. Steve Blake has never had ego problems.

Just another poster here who obviously knows zilch about the game, Laker fan or not.

HarlemHeat37
10-27-2010, 01:09 PM
Steve Blake was one of the worst defenders in the NBA last year..

He was ranked 324th in the NBA in isolation defense..opponents scored on him 50% of the time they were guarded by him, historically bad..

He was ranked 355th in the NBA in team defense..opponents scored on 46% of the opportunities where Blake was supposed to or did rotate on to the offensive player..

He was ranked 441st in the NBA in overall defense..you could make the argument that he was the WORST defender in the entire NBA last year, at least on the perimeter..

Obviously his D will improve with the Lakers system and players next to/behind him, but he IS a bad defensive player..PG defense is relatively irrelevant though, so it's not a big deal at all..the Lakers hopes don't depend on Blake's defense in any way..

I liked the addition for the Lakers, he's a lot more consistent than Farmar, and that's all you can ask for from him..the addition of Barnes was good too, even if he isn't a good player..he hustles and brings a lot of energy..

tbonewalker
10-27-2010, 02:44 PM
Steve Blake was one of the worst defenders in the NBA last year..

He was ranked 324th in the NBA in isolation defense..opponents scored on him 50% of the time they were guarded by him, historically bad..

He was ranked 355th in the NBA in team defense..opponents scored on 46% of the opportunities where Blake was supposed to or did rotate on to the offensive player..

He was ranked 441st in the NBA in overall defense..you could make the argument that he was the WORST defender in the entire NBA last year, at least on the perimeter..

Obviously his D will improve with the Lakers system and players next to/behind him, but he IS a bad defensive player..PG defense is relatively irrelevant though, so it's not a big deal at all..the Lakers hopes don't depend on Blake's defense in any way..

I liked the addition for the Lakers, he's a lot more consistent than Farmar, and that's all you can ask for from him..the addition of Barnes was good too, even if he isn't a good player..he hustles and brings a lot of energy..

LMAO!!!

Ladies and genetlemen, I present to you the Moron Numero Uno of the board, HarlemHeat37!!!

What a pathetic attempt at judging a players defense. Defensive ratings? You are a complete and total basketball-illiterate goofball. You should stick to Project Runway. :lmao

TheManFromAcme
10-27-2010, 02:50 PM
props to Phil Jackson for finally sticking with a lineup that works :tu :tu :tu

:tu

tlongII
10-27-2010, 03:42 PM
Steve Blake is a lousy defender. No lateral quickness.

z0sa
10-27-2010, 03:43 PM
lol thinking Blake is anything but a good shooter

j.dizzle
10-27-2010, 03:55 PM
Blake >>>>>>>>>>>> Farmar & Fisher. Blake actually plays hard & looks for teammates. Farmar was nothing but a stat whore who was always butthurt because he wanted to be the starter. Fisher will make a few big shots in the playoffs like usual but LA really needed a pretty smart backup PG for the regular season so Fisher can get more rest. I was stunned that Phil kept Fisher on the bench in the end last night, I hope it stays like that. Btw, Blake actually knows how to throw an entry pass, something I have never seen Farmar do hahaha it's gonna be a big improvement.

DeadlyDynasty
10-27-2010, 05:02 PM
jdiz with the goods

SomeCallMeTim
10-27-2010, 05:13 PM
Blake was quietly a big improvement for the Lakers. It's a big leap from "terrible" to "average," can be just as valuable as going from "average" to "great" at a position.

Because Blake is taking minutes that went to Farmar (terrible) and Fisher (terrible regular season), this is quite an improvement because Blake is actually a little above average in efficiency.

Yes, it was interesting to see Phil go with both Blake and Barnes over his "proven vets" in crunch time. Pretty surprising.

The Gemini Method
10-27-2010, 05:25 PM
Personally, I just wanted Farmar out of the back-up PG role. He was nothing short of garbage. A slight upgrade is better than none when it comes to this situation. I'm not at all thinking Steve Blake is going to become a superstar for us. He'll do in the meantime.

HarlemHeat37
10-27-2010, 07:29 PM
LMAO!!!

Ladies and genetlemen, I present to you the Moron Numero Uno of the board, HarlemHeat37!!!

What a pathetic attempt at judging a players defense. Defensive ratings? You are a complete and total basketball-illiterate goofball. You should stick to Project Runway. :lmao

These are the same defensive rankings that are provided to NBA scouts, they are provided by the NBA's official scouting program..I'm not talking about "defensive rating" the stat, you idiot, these are defensive rankings that are provided by the NBA's scouting company, that track every possession of the entire NBA season..

Brush up on your NBA before you come at me again, your knowledge is very limited from what I've seen so far, tbh..

21_Blessings
10-27-2010, 07:41 PM
And, ego? Lol, as if the defense comment wasn't bad enough you felt the need to add another stinker of a comment on top of it. Steve Blake has never had ego problems.

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit. :lol

Blake is an absolutely terrible defender. Only the most delusional homer Laker fans would argue otherwise and I'm as homer as they come.

picc84
10-27-2010, 08:17 PM
A point guard who could competently run an offense and shoot decently was the only thing holding this team back.

A team thats just won b2b championships. And it is just now getting unleashed.

You fuckers are fucked. :lol

midnightpulp
10-27-2010, 08:55 PM

Blake is an absolutely terrible defender. Only the most delusional homer Laker fans would argue otherwise and I'm as homer as they come.

Nice regulatin' of tbonecocksucker, 21.

Does this faggot post on Lakergrounds?

Giuseppe
10-27-2010, 08:59 PM
A point guard who could competently run an offense, play some solid defense and shoot decently was the only thing holding this team back.

A comprehensive trip to the Woe Tree is in order, Picc.

Forward......................harch!

midnightpulp
10-27-2010, 09:10 PM
A comprehensive trip to the Woe Tree is in order, Picc.

Forward......................harch!

If you had any heart and soul, you'd have stuck to any and all Cleveland, Ohio teams.

Giuseppe
10-27-2010, 09:12 PM
tee, hee.

midnightpulp
10-27-2010, 09:17 PM
Something told me that building a shoe store in your ass was in my future.

tee, hee.

Too bad that prediction didn't materialize.

Not surprising. A sooth-sayer yer not, otherwise, you'd a saw DoK leaving you there holding yer hat, hangdog look and all.

har, har, har

Giuseppe
10-27-2010, 09:21 PM
I take solace in Blake getting his defense on.

midnightpulp
10-27-2010, 09:23 PM
I take solace in Blake getting his defense on.

He's a terrible defender, tho.

Shouldn't take too much solace in that.

Giuseppe
10-27-2010, 09:40 PM
Relax, puddin'head, I was checkin' yer asshole.

Jelloisjigglin
10-27-2010, 09:45 PM

How is he terrible? He's not some lock down defender but he's pretty solid.

21_Blessings
10-27-2010, 09:46 PM
How is he solid? He's a terrible defender statistically and visually.

Undersized. Laughable lateral quickness. Lacking athleticism. I can go on.

Giuseppe
10-27-2010, 09:46 PM
Picc says Blake is a solid defender as well.

That makes at least 3 of us.

midnightpulp
10-27-2010, 09:49 PM
Picc says Blake is a solid defender as well.

That makes at least 3 of us.

You and Picc don't have much credibility as far as basketball knowledge goes.

Picc thinks Lamar Odom was the leader of the US team in the World Championships.

And this tbone cat is known all over the interwebs as one of the dumbest fans to ever sign in to a sports message board.

Giuseppe
10-27-2010, 09:50 PM
Jiggs has our back, so sit on it.

Jelloisjigglin
10-27-2010, 09:52 PM
How is he solid? He's a terrible defender statistically and visually.

Undersized. Laughable lateral quickness. Lacking athleticism. I can go on.

I haven't seen a ton of his games honestly but at least he does a good job of staying in front of his man. The effort is there as well. Defense is mostly about effort which is not what the guy he is replacing used to bring. Again, he's no lock down defender but he's better than Farmar.

midnightpulp
10-27-2010, 09:55 PM
Jiggs has our back, so sit on it.

Jury is still out on Jello.

But Picc and Tbone are terrible, terrible posters.

You don't have much b-ball knowledge, but your poetic flights of fancy are just adorable and more than make up for your lack of basketball acumen.

Giuseppe
10-27-2010, 09:56 PM
Jury is still out on Jello.

But Picc and Tbone are terrible, terrible posters.

You don't have much b-ball knowledge, but your poetic flights of fancy are just adorable and more than make up for your lack of basketball acumen.

The girl is an easy study.

21_Blessings
10-27-2010, 09:56 PM
IAgain, he's no lock down defender but he's better than Farmar.

Prove it.

HarlemHeat37
10-27-2010, 09:58 PM
Picc is the same guy that said Kobe isn't a top 20 player in the NBA anymore, IIRC..

Farmar is actually a better defender than Blake, and he's better at creating his own offense..the Blake upgrade obviously comes because he's a consistent player, runs the offense, makes open 3s on a consistent basis..

Farmar obviously has more talent, but he's an idiot, as everybody knows..

midnightpulp
10-27-2010, 09:58 PM
Prove it.

He just said he hasn't watched much of Blake.

21_Blessings bullyin' these niggas!

(You're an enemy of mine, but I respect your game :toast).

Giuseppe
10-27-2010, 09:59 PM
Picc is the same guy that said Kobe isn't a top 20 player in the NBA anymore, IIRC..

Well, truth be told Picc really didn't say that about Blake. I fudged his post to reflect it to cover my own bare ass.

Sorry.

midnightpulp
10-27-2010, 10:00 PM
The girl is an easy study.

Honestly, I appreciate your wit.

Jelloisjigglin
10-27-2010, 10:00 PM
Prove it.

Jordan, is this you?

21_Blessings
10-27-2010, 10:01 PM
Jordan, is this you?

That's a pretty weak internet meme.

Jelloisjigglin
10-27-2010, 10:06 PM
That's a pretty weak internet meme.

Greatest meme of all time IMO. You actually think Blake is that bad of a defender that you'd take Farmar over him? :lol Pretty crazy son. I didn't know Laker fans missed him..

picc84
10-27-2010, 10:07 PM
:lol

NBA is fucked. :lol

21_Blessings
10-27-2010, 10:09 PM
Greatest meme of all time IMO. You actually think Blake is that bad of a defender that you'd take Farmar over him? :lol Pretty crazy son. I didn't know Laker fans missed him..

I just said the last page that Blake was an upgrade offensively and better fit in terms of chemistry. Try again.

Still waiting for you to prove your claim though (hint: statistics won't help you here).

Giuseppe
10-27-2010, 10:15 PM
Honestly, I appreciate your wit.

That is very nice of you to say, Mid.

You're much appreciated by me as well. I enjoy being agitated by you. It's invigorating.

midnightpulp
10-28-2010, 12:14 AM
That is very nice of you to say, Mid.

You're much appreciated by me as well. I enjoy being agitated by you. It's invigorating.

:toast

Venti Quattro
10-28-2010, 10:09 AM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/e0/fullj.5008c42abbaaef2962d51b2a036dc22c/5008c42abbaaef2962d51b2a036dc22c-getty-103892738rr059_houston_rock.jpg

Quit Hatin'
10-28-2010, 10:42 AM
Blake did a good job defending Brooks. Fish was absolutely getting burned by him. No doubt he is a big improvement from farmar. Blake is a better playmaker, shooter, defender, decision maker than farmar.

SomeCallMeTim
10-28-2010, 10:50 AM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/e0/fullj.5008c42abbaaef2962d51b2a036dc22c/5008c42abbaaef2962d51b2a036dc22c-getty-103892738rr059_houston_rock.jpg

That photo has great 'Shopping potential.

tbonewalker
10-28-2010, 12:46 PM
Blake has been and is currently a better defender than Farmar could ever hope to be.

21_Blessings
12-29-2010, 11:37 AM
Dude is old, slow, overpaid and literally one of the worst defenders in the entire NBA. How the fuck do you get posted up by Tony Parker? :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

I assume Spur fan has GIF'd that shit already?

ElNono
12-29-2010, 11:54 AM
Blake for Brooks... do it Mitch!

djohn2oo8
12-29-2010, 11:55 AM
Blake for Brooks... do it Mitch!

:lol

ohmwrecker
12-29-2010, 12:16 PM
Dude is old, slow, overpaid and literally one of the worst defenders in the entire NBA. How the fuck do you get posted up by Tony Parker? :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

I assume Spur fan has GIF'd that shit already?

There are a bucket full of guards that Parker has pulled that same exact move on tbh. Blake isn't especially crappy in that regard. He is crappy though.

TinTin
12-29-2010, 01:22 PM
:lol @ all the people crucified by blessings

HarlemHeat37
01-30-2011, 06:57 PM
:lol tbonewalker..a guy that spends his time bragging about his basketball knowledge, yet doesn't know ANYTHING about the NBA..

His boy history2b also said Blake was a good defender, but I don't feel like finding that thread..

HarlemHeat37
05-05-2011, 12:16 AM
we have blake and barnes for farmar and morrison

nuff said

Blake won't have games like this every night but he and Barnes are a very solid upgrade for the bench. Lakers got better.

LMAO!!!

Blake >>>>>>>>>>>> Farmar & Fisher. Blake actually plays hard & looks for teammates. Farmar was nothing but a stat whore who was always butthurt because he wanted to be the starter. Fisher will make a few big shots in the playoffs like usual but LA really needed a pretty smart backup PG for the regular season so Fisher can get more rest. I was stunned that Phil kept Fisher on the bench in the end last night, I hope it stays like that. Btw, Blake actually knows how to throw an entry pass, something I have never seen Farmar do hahaha it's gonna be a big improvement.

Blake was quietly a big improvement for the Lakers. It's a big leap from "terrible" to "average," can be just as valuable as going from "average" to "great" at a position.

Because Blake is taking minutes that went to Farmar (terrible) and Fisher (terrible regular season), this is quite an improvement because Blake is actually a little above average in efficiency.

Yes, it was interesting to see Phil go with both Blake and Barnes over his "proven vets" in crunch time. Pretty surprising.

A point guard who could competently run an offense and shoot decently was the only thing holding this team back.

I haven't seen a ton of his games honestly but at least he does a good job of staying in front of his man. The effort is there as well. Defense is mostly about effort which is not what the guy he is replacing used to bring. Again, he's no lock down defender but he's better than Farmar.

:lmao:lmao..

ElNono
05-05-2011, 12:18 AM
Harlem be nailin' them to the tree of woe!!!! :lol

tlongII
05-05-2011, 12:22 AM
Steve Blake is a lousy defender. No lateral quickness.