PDA

View Full Version : NBA Forum as The Wire

monosylab1k
10-27-2010, 09:01 AM
after once again putting HarlemHeat in his place, making sure he understood he wasn't Marlo in this game, I thought about if other NBA forum regulars have their place in other NBA Forum/The Wire comparisons. So here's what I came up with

monosylab1k is Avon Barksdale
http://www.3spades.net/wire/avonbarksdale.jpg
Just like Avon, mono runs this shit. He's one of the few true NBA forum bosses around. Avon was a moneymaking genius along with being true to the streets. He went to war whenever the situation called for it. And his influence was so large he even ran shit while locked up. Just like mono.

Findog is Stringer Bell
http://www.overthinkingit.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/idris_elba.jpg
Side by side with mono, Findog was right there running this NBA Forum shit. He delivered all kinds of verbal ass whoopings in his time. Eventually tho, like Stringer tired of the "gangsta bullshit", Findog became less interested in the trolling aspects of the forum. Either way, he's still a boss of this place and nobody's taking that away from him.

JamStone is Prop Joe
http://notthebeastmaster.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/03/06/prop_joe.jpg
Another old school boss, Prop Joe had everybody's respect. He was a perfect blend of street smarts and business savvy. Just like JamStone can do it all in the NBA Forum.

Culburn/Guisseppe is Omar
http://www.bet.com/Assets/BET/Published/image/jpeg/331087ad-d45e-e841-d1d8-ae03fe7f9573-ontv_fb_thewire_OmarinCourtroom.jpg
Ready to pounce at any time, Cubby leaves his rivals uneasy, just like Omar. When he comes a'whistlin, you best run and hide. Plus they're both into sex with guys. Except Cubby prefers em much younger, tee hee.

DuncanOwnsKobe is Wee-Bey
http://parlourmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/covet_weebey.jpg
Trusted muscle is hard to find in this game. DoK and Wee-Bey provided that in a legendary way. Unfortunately the similarities don't stop there, sin Wee-Bey got a life sentence, and DoK is currently permabanned.

HarlemHeat37 is Slim Charles
http://www.truesport.com/bike/2007/articles/chronicles/chronicles02.jpg
Like Slim Charles, HH is a damn good soldier. Not a boss, not even close to one. Just a good soldier. Nothing more, nothing less.

timvp is The Greek
http://image.absoluteastronomy.com/images/topicimages/t/th/the_greek_(the_wire).gif
You may never see him post, you may never know he's watching. But he is. And he's more powerful than anybody on this NBA Forum shit. With one snap of a finger he can have your throat cut. Don't fuck around.

BUMP is Jimmy McNulty
http://www.radiotimes.com/content/show-features/the-wire/dominic-west-as-jimmy-mcnulty/modules/01.gif
Wild and unpredictable. But he always takes you down in the end.

stretch is Chris Partlow
http://cdn4.mattters.com/photos/photos/3468814/ChrisPartlow460.jpg
More big-time muscle, like DoK. Don't push him too far, or he might end up beating your ass to death with his bare hands.

koriwhat is Ziggy Sobotka
http://www.helloinfo.hu/img/upload/200512/film_sorozatdvd_thewires2_ziggy.jpg
Basically he gets shit and pissed on each day, every day in this forum, just like Ziggy. He's a dumbshit who can't get anything right. Plus, he's pretty much threatened to kill all of us at one point or another. tbh this is probably the most accurate comparison out of any of these.

21 Blessings is Rawls
http://mimg.ugo.com/200902/24341/william-rawls.jpg
Even if you hate him, you have to respect his ability to talk shit. He can do it with the best of them. And just like Rawls, it's pretty evident that he's a closet homosexual.

dirk4mvp is Clay Davis
http://img.slate.com/media/1/123125/123020/2180756/2180757/2181448/080226_TVC_DavisTN.jpg
He's got everybody by the balls and they don't even know it. He can sneak attack with his trolling, or straight up rob you blind in your face. He's got all the connections and insider status. Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttt

monosylab1k
10-27-2010, 09:05 AM
and tbh i didn't make any Marlo comparisons cuz there isn't a Marlo out there.

DeadlyDynasty
10-27-2010, 09:13 AM
DoK = Sergei

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/80/The_Wire_Serge.jpg

Cry Havoc
10-27-2010, 09:13 AM
Self-acknowledgment forum.

And yes, I'm bitter because I didn't get a place in your little posse. :lol

DeadlyDynasty
10-27-2010, 09:15 AM
Ghazi = Frog

monosylab1k
10-27-2010, 09:16 AM
crofl at Ghazi. so true.

tbh there's tons more comparisons that can be made, but i got tired of doing them at some point.

DeadlyDynasty
10-27-2010, 09:18 AM
Prop Joe is a good one for Jam, but I think Bunk or Bunny would work for him too. Too many characters tbh

Medvedenko
10-27-2010, 09:23 AM
Creative take on the forum, however hardly bball related.

Stephen
10-27-2010, 09:31 AM
Creative take on the forum, however hardly bball related.

tbh how often do you post anything bball related? Looking at your posting history, maybe 7 or 8 of your last 50 posts were bball related, and most of those were either you gagging on kobes smega, or stating the obvious, like "duncan has more finals MVPs than kobe"

:jack

Giuseppe
10-27-2010, 09:34 AM
Meds, hittin' 'em upside the cocksucker in their glory.

lmao!

Jose Canseco
10-27-2010, 09:36 AM
I have a proposition that Fin and I get our own New Day forum section to regulate the basketball talk to make it beneficial for everybody.

monosylab1k
10-27-2010, 09:39 AM
Meds, hittin' 'em upside the cocksucker in their glory.

lmao!

I got yer goat, Cubby. Every time you see my blue bolded name, you can't help but taste that summer of 04 shit sandwich again!

Zelophehad
10-27-2010, 09:40 AM
Fail for not comparing the NBA forum to hamsterdam.

DeadlyDynasty
10-27-2010, 09:40 AM
Kori Ellis: Rhonda Pearlman :stirpot:

Chieflion
10-27-2010, 09:47 AM
Not bad.

Giuseppe
10-27-2010, 09:48 AM
I got yer goat, Cubby. Every time you see my blue bolded name, you can't help but taste that summer of 04 shit sandwich again!

The side of '06 makes it at least palatable.

21_Blessings
10-27-2010, 09:49 AM
you can't help but taste that summer of 04 shit sandwich again!

What's a spy-shit-gate sandwich taste like? Inquiring minds and all that.

midnightpulp
10-27-2010, 09:56 AM
Who would I be? How about Luva?

Fun thread.

monosylab1k
10-27-2010, 09:57 AM
What's a spy-shit-gate sandwich taste like? Inquiring minds and all that.

lmvictoriousao!

Booharv
10-27-2010, 09:57 AM
If Blessings is Rawls then Dickings is Daniels. And the NBA forum was hamsterdam in August imho.

Shank
10-27-2010, 09:59 AM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQI4VHSvoDQCb5QPJpuY-ao9SZLKCKgWnCT94_YC_67bQzVTqM&t=1&usg=__6DtLFgUx-e_XrZ2pdjOT0qfOfjE=

Shotgun Cheese because you rarely know when I'll show up and when I do, you're like "Oh shit, I almost forgot about that guy".

BlackSwordsMan
10-27-2010, 10:47 AM
Who's lefty on the show and does he have an understudy?

koriwhat
10-27-2010, 11:04 AM
i've never seen the show... oh well

Giuseppe
10-27-2010, 11:08 AM
"The Walking Dead" Halloween nite. The first series I've looked forward to since "The Equalizer" in 1980!

monosylab1k
10-27-2010, 11:40 AM

Yeah, lefty is Bubbles and you're the dumb white boy who follows him around.

monosylab1k
10-27-2010, 11:41 AM
tbh i'm trying to find someone to compare to Brother Mouzone but I'm at a loss. If you are comparable to him, basically that means you're the biggest badass ever.

IronMexican
10-27-2010, 11:42 AM
Yeah, lefty is Bubbles and you're the dumb white boy who follows him around.

I hated bubbles. He was so annoying.

Still too many characters to be had. Poot, Bodie, Marlo and a lot more.

monosylab1k
10-27-2010, 11:44 AM
tbh nobody on the forum is Marlo.

IronMexican
10-27-2010, 11:45 AM
tbh i'm trying to find someone to compare to Brother Mouzone but I'm at a loss. If you are comparable to him, basically that means you're the biggest badass ever.

Omar > Mouzone

And Omar was gay. How badass is that? He was such an awesome character, AND gay. Tough to do, but he did.

resistanze
10-27-2010, 11:46 AM
tbh, lakaluva is the closest to Marlo. He took direct aim @ the Barksdale organization.

IronMexican
10-27-2010, 11:46 AM
tbh nobody on the forum is Marlo.

Marlo = Avon

Just that Marlo did more work. I still hated Marlo, though.

Cutty = my second favorite after Bodie.

monosylab1k
10-27-2010, 11:47 AM
tbh, lakaluva is the closest to Marlo. He took direct aim @ the Barksdale organization.

If Marlo then tried to beg the Barksdale's to join their crew, only to get shot down and then claim identity theft, that might be accurate.

monosylab1k
10-27-2010, 11:48 AM
Marlo = Avon

Just that Marlo did more work. I still hated Marlo, though.

Cutty = my second favorite after Bodie.

I'm saying nobody on this forum has the ability to step up and take Avon down at the moment. That's why there's no Marlo.

monosylab1k
10-27-2010, 11:48 AM
Omar > Mouzone

And Omar was gay. How badass is that? He was such an awesome character, AND gay. Tough to do, but he did.

Omar was badass, but tbh you could survive an encounter with Omar. If Brother Mouzone had you in his crosshairs, you were 100% a dead motherfucker, end of story.

monosylab1k
10-27-2010, 11:50 AM
tbh Mouzone and Omar both one time had each other in a killshot position.

When he was down, Mouzone basically mindfucked Omar into letting him live.

When Omar was down, the only thing that saved him was Mouzone's mercy and willingness to hear him out.

resistanze
10-27-2010, 11:50 AM
If Marlo then tried to beg the Barksdale's to join their crew, only to get shot down and then claim identity theft, that might be accurate.

:lol

Disregarding that for a moment, he's the only person that I've seen that survive a Mav Krew attack and still talks shit.

Muser
10-27-2010, 12:23 PM
:depressed

Jose Canseco
10-27-2010, 12:34 PM
Coming full circle with respect to recent events, one could argue that whottt could fit the description of Marlo. Think about that. In his own way a boss who would challenge a guy like mono and hold his own.

Killakobe81
10-27-2010, 12:39 PM
Mouzone: You homophobia is so visceral Lamar ...
Lamar: I aint been in the place 10 mins and you already caling me a cocksucker

(paraphrsing, obviously, but one of my favorite moments of the show)

koriwhat
10-27-2010, 12:56 PM
so this show worth the watch? the wire huh... what channel?

HarlemHeat37
:lol How can I be Slim Charles when Slim Charles had no interest in being a boss, even when he was offered a spot?..

HarlemHeat37 is Marlo Stanfield..
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/40/The_Wire_Marlo.jpg/250px-The_Wire_Marlo.jpg
Harlem has emerged as Marlo..with the Regulation Krew on their boycott, he pretty much took over during August and on..as you can see, Mono(Avon) has been attempting to disrespect him, even making a thread about the roles on this forum..Mono is not the same ruthless regulator as he once was..he has lost some of his muscle, and he's even posted on the forum drunk multiple times in the past month or so, which is a sign of weakness IMO..he spammed an entire page out of depression, trying to get Kori to ban him..he almost offed himself here..

DPG is Chris Partlow..
http://fansided.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/chrispartlow.jpg
Partlow is Marlo's main soldier, however, I don't consider DPG to be an inferior, he's my equal..he's my favorite poster here, the best regulator on the forum IMO..he owns anybody he goes up against, TBH..

Ace is Snoop Pearson..
http://fansided.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/snoop.jpg
Obviously you have to flip it a little, since Snoop is a woman(kind of), but Ace has emerged as one of the best enforcers here..unfortunately, he's out until January, but he's already made a name for himself..

Gutter92 is Fruit..
Gutter is a relative newcomer to the NBA forum, but I'm taking him under my wing..he's already shown a lot of potential, he's going to be a player here if he wants..

Midnightpulp is Maurice Levy..
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/0a/The_Wire_Levy.jpg/250px-The_Wire_Levy.jpg
Midnightpulp is an associate of both Mono and I..he's the guy you want to call to regulate Laker fans(the cops)..

As for the rest..

IMO, Bump is Slim Charles..he's the best soldier on SpursTalk, he can easily be a boss if he wants, he can attack with his arguments and with his trolling..he doesn't seem to want to be the boss though..

IronMexican is D'Angelo Barksdale..once a main member of Avon's krew, he no longer wanted to be associated with them, even rejecting their offer of being listed as a Founding Father..he turned emo, and now he rarely posts on the NBA forum..

Koolaidman is any one of Omar's boyfriends..he's a homo, he loves to be involved in the crime, following Omar..

Stretch is a combination of Brianna Barksdale and Bodie IMO..an underrated mind behind the whole scheme, but he's also one of the best regulators here, so it's tough to say..Mono doesn't give him enough credit IMO(this last sentence has nothing to do with the comparison, I'm just throwing that out there)..

Mr. Bottomtooth is Cutty..he's an OG that can regulate when he wants to, but he's taken a step back and pursued a relatively peaceful approach..

Ghazi is Wallace..he was an up and coming member of the Mono krew, one of the main guys in the trenches, however, he snitched(broke the rules of the boycott) and was eliminated..

Roddy Beaubois

:lmao You see guys, he makes fun of himself! No butthurt here!

Roddy Beaubois
10-27-2010, 12:58 PM
so this show worth the watch? the wire huh... what channel?

The channel people with high school diplomas can afford.

HarlemHeat37
10-27-2010, 01:00 PM
Ohmwrecker is an extra in the background..

Nobody gives a shit about anything he has to say..

Roddy Beaubois
10-27-2010, 01:00 PM
tbh the lack of ducks makes this thread a failure imho

koriwhat
10-27-2010, 01:10 PM
The channel people with high school diplomas can afford.

lame... go back to comedy defensive driving and try to pick up a few more pointers.

Stephen
10-27-2010, 01:14 PM
tbh the lack of ducks makes this thread a failure imho

this thread needs more ducks

Roddy Beaubois
10-27-2010, 01:17 PM
lame... go back to comedy defensive driving and try to pick up a few more pointers.

tbh I've been watching Carlos Mencia, Dane Cook and the Hangover for pointers.

koriwhat
10-27-2010, 01:22 PM
tbh I've been watching Carlos Mencia, Dane Cook and the Hangover for pointers.

clearly

J.T.
10-27-2010, 01:26 PM
homey you need to do this for the NFL forum using a different show but idk which one would best suit that forum

Stephen
10-27-2010, 01:29 PM
homey you need to do this for the NFL forum using a different show but idk which one would best suit that forum

saved by the bell

spursfan90210 = screech

J.T.
10-27-2010, 01:31 PM
saved by the bell

spursfan90210 = screech

tbh thats a possibility but i am obviously zack morris in that scenario

Stephen
10-27-2010, 01:33 PM
tbh thats a possibility but i am obviously zack morris in that scenario

whatever show we do, needs to have someone who had a mental breakdown for mono after the cheatriots got Eli'd and Tyree'd

monosylab1k
10-27-2010, 01:53 PM
The Sopranos tbh.

Obviously I'm Tony. He gets shot, looks weak, but regains his strength and goes right back to being a boss and regulating mothafuckas.

monosylab1k
10-27-2010, 02:04 PM
Harlem has emerged as Marlo

such failure.

Saying you're Marlo shows you have no concept of who Marlo is. You're all about mainstream popularity on SpursTalk. You crave the respect of the suits. Your credibility is tied to that 100%. You didn't start in the streets and work your way up, you started with with a silver Spurs Forum spoon in your mouth and then tried to pry your way into the NBA Forum with your mainstream appeal.

Marlo didn't take over cuz he wanted the money. he did it cuz he was a straight up gangster from the start. Even at the end, when he made it to the top and was offered a chance to have mainstream success, he abandoned it in a heartbeat so that he could beat some kids asses and take over their corner.

You ain't nothin like Marlo, and you never will be. You had your start in the Spurs Forum, you got your mainstream appeal there, and then you moved here. Marlo was born and bred in the streets, he wasn't some upper class fool trying to play gangsta.

It's over for you. Just be the damn good soldier you are and leave it at that, brah.

ElNono
10-27-2010, 02:11 PM
tbh, there's too much hate in this thread...

IronMexican
10-27-2010, 02:13 PM
such failure.

Saying you're Marlo shows you have no concept of who Marlo is. You're all about mainstream popularity on SpursTalk. You crave the respect of the suits. Your credibility is tied to that 100%. You didn't start in the streets and work your way up, you started with with a silver Spurs Forum spoon in your mouth and then tried to pry your way into the NBA Forum with your mainstream appeal.

Marlo didn't take over cuz he wanted the money. he did it cuz he was a straight up gangster from the start. Even at the end, when he made it to the top and was offered a chance to have mainstream success, he abandoned it in a heartbeat so that he could beat some kids asses and take over their corner.

You ain't nothin like Marlo, and you never will be. You had your start in the Spurs Forum, you got your mainstream appeal there, and then you moved here. Marlo was born and bred in the streets, he wasn't some upper class fool trying to play gangsta.

It's over for you. Just be the damn good soldier you are and leave it at that, brah.

:tu

IronMexican
10-27-2010, 02:26 PM
And don't forget that HH tries to show us all his silver spurs forum star and thinks it means anything here.

Killakobe81
10-27-2010, 03:15 PM
such failure.

LOL nice post.

TBH like the concept but I doubt anyone on here is deserving to be compared to this wonderful cast. And there are very few on here (maybe you, Jam and a few others) that could even write one line on the level of David Simon and Richard Price. Many on here could learn a lot about the dangers of "posing" by reading "Lush life" by Price. Good stuff.

BlackSwordsMan
10-27-2010, 04:16 PM
Does wee-bey get imprisoned and begged to be released?

Amuseddaysleeper
10-27-2010, 04:30 PM
I call Mcnulty!

ElNono
10-27-2010, 05:39 PM
fwiw, the NBA forum is probably closer to Jersey Shore than The Wire, imo.

Killakobe81
10-27-2010, 05:43 PM
fwiw, the NBA forum is probably closer to Jersey Shore than The Wire, imo.

Good call. LOL Who is the situation and Pauly D?

4>0rings
10-27-2010, 05:44 PM
How many 4 lokos did you pound before this thread?

Cry Havoc
10-27-2010, 06:02 PM
Good call. LOL Who is the situation and Pauly D?

I haven't seen Illuzion around in a while.

Maybe Balkman? :lol

IronMexican
10-27-2010, 06:04 PM
Ronnie has a chiseled jaw. Balkman gets him.

JJ Hickson
10-27-2010, 08:00 PM

:lmao HH getting bitch slapped and put in his place like a mothafucka

DeadlyDynasty
10-27-2010, 08:01 PM
:lmao HH getting bitch slapped and put in his place like a mothafucka

you're having a good game tonight

HarlemHeat37
10-27-2010, 08:27 PM
:lol Mono's jealousy of my medal and my crossover appeal is silly..I voted for him to get a medal, TBH, I know it hurts..

Starting off upstairs was a strategical move..the Spurs board obviously has more posters and activity than this board, so I had to make a name for myself there first..the more people you have on your side, the more potential power you obtain..once I became a recognized medal holder, I made my move here..

The impressive thing about Harlem is that he doesn't need trolls and a crew to establish a name for himself..Mono made a name for himself with his trolls and krew, that's not how the new generation does things, TBH..we don't have to hide behind trolls..real gangsters don't hide..

monosylab1k
10-27-2010, 09:23 PM
:lol brah keep propping yourself up all you want, but the people have spoken. You can't hide bullshit, and everybody here knows that you're some upper crust Spurs Forum elitist who thought it would be fun to go into ST's hood and pretend he knows how to run the troll game.

You a good ass soldier :tu props for that. But everybody knows your backstory, and they ain't havin some uppity medal carrying snob go around acting like he's a NBA Forum boss.

midnightpulp
10-27-2010, 09:25 PM
:lol brah keep propping yourself up all you want, but the people have spoken. You can't hide bullshit, and everybody here knows that you're some upper crust Spurs Forum elitist who thought it would be fun to go into ST's hood and pretend he knows how to run the troll game.

You a good ass soldier :tu props for that. But everybody knows your backstory, and they ain't havin some uppity medal carrying snob go around acting like he's a NBA Forum boss.

Who you got as Lakaluva, IronBootlegger, and Redhipster?

monosylab1k
10-27-2010, 09:30 PM
tbh lakaluva as Scott Templeton sounds good. Templeton faked news stories to win a Pulitzker, lakaluva told everyone he was black to get internet street cred.

HarlemHeat37
10-27-2010, 09:33 PM
:lol Lakaluva in season 5 sounds good..MarloHeat approves..

midnightpulp
10-27-2010, 09:41 PM
tbh lakaluva as Scott Templeton sounds good. Templeton faked news stories to win a Pulitzker, lakaluva told everyone he was black to get internet street cred.

:lol

HarlemHeat37
10-28-2010, 12:58 AM
One of the most accurate Wire-NBA Forum comparisons is BadOdor as Namond Brice IMO, especially after Mono naming DOK as Wee-Bay..

Killakobe81
10-28-2010, 01:06 AM
harlem as Carcetti ...
Playing the forum like puppets. Wanting to do the right thing, but is blinded by his own ambition and in love with his own hype. He claims he wants to make the city (forum) a better place (raise the bar) and plays the role for the cameras (upstairs) but when it comes down to it he will fuck a bitch in a hotel bathroom (slumming, trolling and blind kobe bashing), because it's all about self-gratification (spurs talk medal).

just messin' with you harlem ... i still like the props you guys are giving the wire even if it is long overdue ...

midnightpulp
10-28-2010, 01:06 AM
Koolaidman is any one of Omar's boyfriends..he's a homo, he loves to be involved in the crime, following Omar..

lol

IronMexican
10-28-2010, 01:08 AM
Carcetti is a good one for HH. He tries to stroke the mavfan here, as well as the spurs forum.

HarlemHeat37
10-28-2010, 01:34 AM
Wow, that was actually a really good comparison, I have to admit:lol..

HarlemHeat37
10-28-2010, 01:35 AM
Carcetti is a good one for HH. He tries to stroke the mavfan here, as well as the spurs forum.

You want some stroking too?:(..

Killakobe81
10-28-2010, 01:35 AM
Wow, that was actually a really good comparison, I have to admit:lol..

:toast Glad you you dont take your self too seriously ...

IronMexican
10-28-2010, 01:37 AM
You want some stroking too?:(..

I thought we were buddies, br0. No need to.

IronMexican
10-28-2010, 02:01 AM
Gnarly.

I say we focus all our energy on Rocket threads.

21_Blessings
10-28-2010, 02:05 AM
The Morey dickslobbing is unbearable.

IronMexican
10-28-2010, 02:09 AM
In general, almost all of them are unbearable.

Killakobe81
10-28-2010, 02:14 AM
Wire faves:

"a man has to have a code" - Bunk and omar two different scenes

"you want it to be one way bit it's the other way" - Marlo

"my name is my NAME!!!" - marlo

"I'm doubling down on that dicksuck" - Avon

" wont fit ... i'm an XL" - stringer

"Where the fuck is Wallace, string? Where the fuck is Wallace!!!" - D'angelo

"Lester, know what the plural of pussy is? Pussai, my boy Jimmy told me that" - Bunk

"Bunk, why you burn your clothes? To get rid of the DNA and shit" - Bunk and Mcnutty

"Miss? At that this range, and at that caliber? even if i miss i can't miss" - Omar

"Indeed." - omar

"Jesus im gonna work them" - omar

"how you gonna run with the wolves if you play with the puppies all day?" - Omar

"You standing their in the hot ass sun in a suit with a clipboard like you pat riley and shit" - Avon

"i have a proposition for you" - Prop joe

"motherfucker. Motherfucker." Bunk and Mcnutty at a crimescene in Season one

Sorry. i could go on but I'll stop. But i cant stress enough how good this show is. I know from the outside it seems like a slow cop show or some inner city drug show but it is so much deeper than that.

and i did not verify those quotes for accuracy but If you know the show you get the gist ...

21_Blessings
10-28-2010, 02:18 AM
Now look, check it, it's simple, it's simple. See this? This the kingpin, a'ight? And he the man. You get the other dude's king, you got the game. But he trying to get your king too, so you gotta protect it. Now, the king, he move one space any direction he damn choose, 'cause he's the king. Like this, this, this, a'ight? But he ain't got no hustle. But the rest of these motherfuckers on the team, they got his back. And they run so deep, he really ain't gotta do shit.

Killakobe81
10-28-2010, 02:19 AM
Now look, check it, it's simple, it's simple. See this? This the kingpin, a'ight? And he the man. You get the other dude's king, you got the game. But he trying to get your king too, so you gotta protect it. Now, the king, he move one space any direction he damn choose, 'cause he's the king. Like this, this, this, a'ight? But he ain't got no hustle. But the rest of these motherfuckers on the team, they got his back. And they run so deep, he really ain't gotta do shi

great scene. Not a chess player but he broke it down in simple hood terms. great stuff.

IronMexican
10-28-2010, 02:19 AM
Season 4 was the best TV I've ever watched.

BUMP
10-28-2010, 02:20 AM
tbh, I would rather Culburn strap me to a chair, ballgag me, and force me to listen to 21_Blessings for hours then even attempt to discuss basketball with Rocketfan

Killakobe81
10-28-2010, 02:21 AM
Season 4 was the best TV I've ever watched.

I'm torn. I love 4 ...but 1 and 3 are close to me. 5 and 2 are not on the same level. But 2 set up 3 and 5 tied up the loose ends for the most part.

Anytime i see Wire alumni on Law and Order or Friday night lights i smile. I kept HBO because of the Wire. It kills the sopranos and it's not even close, and i like the sopranos too.

21_Blessings
10-28-2010, 02:22 AM
tbh, I would rather Culburn strap me to a chair, ballgag me, and force me to listen to 21_Blessings for hours

Only in your dreams, BUMPers.

IronMexican
10-28-2010, 02:25 AM
How did you guys like Boardwalk Empire? It's pretty slow. I haven't bothered to watch the last 2 episodes. I like that Omar is on it, though.

Killakobe81
10-28-2010, 02:29 AM
How did you guys like Boardwalk Empire? It's pretty slow. I haven't bothered to watch the last 2 episodes. I like that Omar is on it, though.

I like it. Remember wire started slow too. some of my boys never got in to it because it's slow. And yes seeing omar is cool. I like Boardwalk because of the historical refferences.

Fpoonsie
10-28-2010, 02:30 AM

I've been trying to follow it, but it has yet to really grab my attention...'cept for the scenes Nucky's gal, Lucy, takes it off, which, as luck would have it, is every fucking episode.

Killakobe81
10-28-2010, 02:32 AM
I've been trying to follow it, but it has yet to really grab my attention...'cept for the scenes Nucky's gal, Lucy, takes it off, which, as luck would have it, is every fucking episode.

she is hot and so is the widow he is banging now. didnt see last week though.

IronMexican
10-28-2010, 02:41 AM
91CpbRq9Tiw

Best episode ever.

Trainwreck2100
10-28-2010, 08:52 AM
:depressed

monosylab1k
10-28-2010, 09:23 AM
tbh Trainwreck you're this guy

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/3b/The_Wire_Vondas.jpg

you can look legit or run the troll game, plus you have old school ties to timvp aka The Greek.

monosylab1k
10-28-2010, 09:24 AM
:cry your jaw better not be as chiseled as mine! Your cheekbones better not be as strong either! or else I'll go on the internet and ask people if I'm attractive or not :cry

monosylab1k
10-28-2010, 09:25 AM
also tbh, for obvious reasons, mookie is this guy

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/archive/7/7d/20060918090726!The_Wire_Horseface.jpg

Double-Up
10-28-2010, 09:31 AM
Gotta love The Wire, they should really do a prequel or something.

monosylab1k
10-28-2010, 09:32 AM
Gotta love The Wire, they should really do a prequel or something.

that would be cool. the little bit of backstory they did on Omar was great.

JoeTait75
10-28-2010, 09:45 AM
People hate on Season 2 because it isn't all about the gangbangers. I think it's great. The death of the white working class isn't a subject that gets explored often, not with that kind of depth.

HarlemHeat makes a good Slim Charles BTW, with Slim's lack of permanent loyalties.

monosylab1k
10-28-2010, 09:48 AM
I thought season 2 was great. Really I can't even rank the first four seasons, they're all equally good in their own way. I know everyone loves to knobslob season 4, but tbh i can't put it above any of the first four seasons. it was genius but so were the rest of them. i think season 4 got more acclaim because emotionally it pulled at you harder since it was going into the world of Baltimore kids.

Season 5 was definitely weaker than the first four tho.

Killakobe81
10-28-2010, 10:12 AM
i never said i dislike Season 2 and the "hate" it gets is not only because they didnt focus on gangbangers. Season 2 stepped away from the original detail more than any of the other seasons. I think it is definitely stronger than 5 whhich also stepped awway a bit to focus on the newspapers. Joe I agree with you a lot but here i think it's painting far to broad a stroke to say season 2 is dilike because of a lack of gangbangers ...ziggy wa sone of the best characters on the whole show and Prop Joe was fleshed out a lot better in Season 2 and he is also one of my favorites.

If it werent for Sergei yal two would be some cadvaerous motherfunkers!!!!
-Prop Joe

One of the best lines of any seasons.

JoeTait75
10-28-2010, 11:28 AM
Season 2 stepped away from the original detail more than any of the other seasons.

See, that's what I don't agree with. To me the ultimate theme of the show was the decay of the institutions that bonded society- in this case, Baltimore- together. Police, government, the press, etc. Look at it that way, Season 2 fits perfectly with the overall theme.

Frank Sobotka: "We used to make shit in this country. Build shit. Now we just put our hand in the next guy's pocket."

HarlemHeat37
10-28-2010, 01:23 PM
I loved season 2..

I didn't like it at first, TBH, because they didn't focus as much on the Barksdale crew and I didn't see the appeal in the port guys right away, but it got better as the season went on..I was very interested by the end of it..

I didn't really like the Ziggy parts, but it was a good build up to the end of his story..the plot with The Greek was great, same with Frank Sabotka..

It might be my least favorite of the first 4, but it's still better than most seasons of any other TV show..

Season 5 was still a good season of TV, but I really didn't get into the press storyline..

Killakobe81
10-28-2010, 06:19 PM
See, that's what I don't agree with. To me the ultimate theme of the show was the decay of the institutions that bonded society- in this case, Baltimore- together. Police, government, the press, etc. Look at it that way, Season 2 fits perfectly with the overall theme.

Frank Sobotka: "We used to make shit in this country. Build shit. Now we just put our hand in the next guy's pocket."

I agree the motif was strong in season 2 and Season 5 was on point too the newspapers in this country are are turning to shit.

But the reason the fans of the show I knew (i was still in Cali then) disliked 2 was because they had invested so much in to the Season 1 characters. Like Avon, Poot, Bodie and sydnor and their roles were more subtle in Season 2.

Besides, stringer was no gang banger and he was one of the most popular characters especially with the lady fans of the show i know,

All I am saying is 2 didn't resonate the same way the other seasons did. When ziggy went to jail or Frank Sobotka was killed who truly mourned them?
It was great from a big picture and the way it set up 3. But i didnt really feel bad for anyone except Ziggy's cousin and i dont even remember his name. And i have all seasons on DVD. But in contrast look at how the other seasons closed from an emotional impact.

Season 1 Ended with Prez was on suicide watch, Avon in jail, McNulty on a boat and kima was shot. Omar was in a new city doing what he do.

Season 3 Ended with stringer dead, Avon in jail (again) and Omar on the run

Season 4 Ended with all of the boys sans Namond worse off than we found them. You add the little girl with the slash face and the gang bang in the bathroom. Cutty got shot. Randy getting beat up in the group home with his money gone ...after his step mom was burnt up. Carver punching the steering wheel, bodie was killed Micheal (we assume) lost his virginity ...and dukie got evicted ...and dropped out of school. chris killing Mike's stepdad because (we assume) he was victim of abuse too ...

Not sure that this is the best season but man there was so much natural drama ...that resonated. This season was the most heartbreaking because our youth was failed, by their parents, the system, welfare, schools, the street and the cops.

BlairForceDejuan
10-28-2010, 06:22 PM
avon did not run shit.

Stringer just kept his ass around for old time's sake.

Seeing Omar, Slim, & Chris Partlow on that list...:depressed...RIP to a great show.

IronMexican
10-28-2010, 06:25 PM
If Stringer really ran shit, Prop Joe would have got the project corner's he was supposed to get.

DeadlyDynasty
10-28-2010, 06:32 PM
What's great about the Avon-Stringer relationship--especially the end of Season 3 in particular--is that it's straight out of Julius Caesar.

Killakobe81
10-28-2010, 06:39 PM
If Stringer really ran shit, Prop Joe would have got the project corner's he was supposed to get.

agreed. And if avon didnt at leats offer a challenge Marlo would of pushed Stringer out. they had product but no corners. and Marlo would of moved on Prop joe eventually he ended up taking him out lter anyways ...

Stringer was just holding down what avon built he tried to make it legit which was smart but avon knew that Stringer could get played because as much as he wanted to be stringer was never part of the political world.

lakerhaterade
07-14-2013, 03:49 PM
after once again putting HarlemHeat in his place, making sure he understood he wasn't Marlo in this game, I thought about if other NBA forum regulars have their place in other NBA Forum/The Wire comparisons. So here's what I came up with

monosylab1k is Avon Barksdale
http://www.3spades.net/wire/avonbarksdale.jpg
Just like Avon, mono runs this shit. He's one of the few true NBA forum bosses around. Avon was a moneymaking genius along with being true to the streets. He went to war whenever the situation called for it. And his influence was so large he even ran shit while locked up. Just like mono.

Findog is Stringer Bell
http://www.overthinkingit.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/idris_elba.jpg
Side by side with mono, Findog was right there running this NBA Forum shit. He delivered all kinds of verbal ass whoopings in his time. Eventually tho, like Stringer tired of the "gangsta bullshit", Findog became less interested in the trolling aspects of the forum. Either way, he's still a boss of this place and nobody's taking that away from him.

JamStone is Prop Joe
http://notthebeastmaster.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/03/06/prop_joe.jpg
Another old school boss, Prop Joe had everybody's respect. He was a perfect blend of street smarts and business savvy. Just like JamStone can do it all in the NBA Forum.

Culburn/Guisseppe is Omar
http://www.bet.com/Assets/BET/Published/image/jpeg/331087ad-d45e-e841-d1d8-ae03fe7f9573-ontv_fb_thewire_OmarinCourtroom.jpg
Ready to pounce at any time, Cubby leaves his rivals uneasy, just like Omar. When he comes a'whistlin, you best run and hide. Plus they're both into sex with guys. Except Cubby prefers em much younger, tee hee.

DuncanOwnsKobe is Wee-Bey
http://parlourmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/covet_weebey.jpg
Trusted muscle is hard to find in this game. DoK and Wee-Bey provided that in a legendary way. Unfortunately the similarities don't stop there, sin Wee-Bey got a life sentence, and DoK is currently permabanned.

HarlemHeat37 is Slim Charles
http://www.truesport.com/bike/2007/articles/chronicles/chronicles02.jpg
Like Slim Charles, HH is a damn good soldier. Not a boss, not even close to one. Just a good soldier. Nothing more, nothing less.

timvp is The Greek
http://image.absoluteastronomy.com/images/topicimages/t/th/the_greek_(the_wire).gif
You may never see him post, you may never know he's watching. But he is. And he's more powerful than anybody on this NBA Forum shit. With one snap of a finger he can have your throat cut. Don't fuck around.

BUMP is Jimmy McNulty
http://www.radiotimes.com/content/show-features/the-wire/dominic-west-as-jimmy-mcnulty/modules/01.gif
Wild and unpredictable. But he always takes you down in the end.

stretch is Chris Partlow
http://cdn4.mattters.com/photos/photos/3468814/ChrisPartlow460.jpg
More big-time muscle, like DoK. Don't push him too far, or he might end up beating your ass to death with his bare hands.

koriwhat is Ziggy Sobotka
http://www.helloinfo.hu/img/upload/200512/film_sorozatdvd_thewires2_ziggy.jpg
Basically he gets shit and pissed on each day, every day in this forum, just like Ziggy. He's a dumbshit who can't get anything right. Plus, he's pretty much threatened to kill all of us at one point or another. tbh this is probably the most accurate comparison out of any of these.

21 Blessings is Rawls
http://mimg.ugo.com/200902/24341/william-rawls.jpg
Even if you hate him, you have to respect his ability to talk shit. He can do it with the best of them. And just like Rawls, it's pretty evident that he's a closet homosexual.

dirk4mvp is Clay Davis
http://img.slate.com/media/1/123125/123020/2180756/2180757/2181448/080226_TVC_DavisTN.jpg
He's got everybody by the balls and they don't even know it. He can sneak attack with his trolling, or straight up rob you blind in your face. He's got all the connections and insider status. Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttt
This shit needs a slight do-over imo