PDA

View Full Version : Your Constitutional Right to Vote? Lol...

Parker2112
10-27-2010, 09:29 AM
nevada voting machines automatically checking harry reid's name; voting machine technicians are seiu members

by: mark hemingway (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/bios/mark-hemingway.html)
commentary staff writer
10/26/10 6:12 pm edt

clark county is where three quarters of nevada's residents and live and where senate majority leader harry reid's son rory is a county commissioner. Rory is also a democratic candidate for governor.
Since early voting started, there have been credible reports that voting machines in clark county, nevada are automatically checking harry reid's name on the ballot (http://www.fox5vegas.com/news/25511115/detail.html):

voter joyce ferrara said when they went to vote for republican sharron angle, her democratic opponent, sen. Harry reid's name was already checked.

Ferrara said she wasn't alone in her voting experience. She said her husband and several others voting at the same time all had the same thing happen.

"something's not right," ferrara said. "one person that's a fluke. Two, that's strange. But several within a five minute period of time -- that's wrong."

clark county registrar of voters larry lomax said there is no voter fraud, although the issues do come up because the touch-screens are sensitive. For that reason, a person may not want to have their fingers linger too long on the screen after they make a selection at any time.
now there's absolutely no independently verified evidence of chicanery with the voting machines (yet), but it is worth noting that the voting machine technicians in clark county are members of the service employees international union. The seiu spent $63 million in elections in 2008 and is planning on spending $44 million more this election cycle -- nearly all of that on democrats. White house political director patrick gaspard is formerly the seiu's top lobbyist, and former seiu president andy stern was the most frequent visitor to the white house last year.
Just in nevada, the seiu has given a lot to groups that are heavily vested in the state -- in just one prominent example, the seiu gave $500,000 to the patriot majority pac (http://query.nictusa.com/cgi-bin/com_rcvd/2009_c00469890), which has spent $1.3 million against reid's opponent sharron angle. They've and have dropped large sums directly on candidates:
Nv-3
joe heck (http://reporting.sunlightfoundation.com/independent-expenditures/candidate/joe-heck/service-employees-international-union) (r)
oppose
$140,000.00
nv-3
dina titus (http://reporting.sunlightfoundation.com/independent-expenditures/candidate/dina-titus/service-employees-international-union) (d)
support
$344,984.00
nv-senate
sharron e. Angle (http://reporting.sunlightfoundation.com/independent-expenditures/candidate/sharron-e-angle/service-employees-international-union) (r)
oppose
$225,000.00
now the county voting technicians aren't unique here -- many of clark county's employees are also represented by the seiu. But it is worth mentioning, the seiu is hyperpoliticized and has seen its fair share of corruption. (it certainly seems more questionable than diebold, the voting machine manufacturer with republican ties that was at the center of many conspiracy theories on the left during the bush administration (http://www.commondreams.org/views04/0225-05.htm).)
unions increasingly have a major financial stake in election outcomes, both as a matter of their own election expenditures, and as a function of what they stand to gain if their legislative agenda is enacted. Should they really be responsible for tabulating the votes? That's certainly something voters ought to think long and hard about.
Below is clark county's seiu contract -- on page 75, in appendix a, voting machine technicians are listed as positions represented by seiu

read more at the washington examiner: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/voting-machines-in-clark-county-nevada-automatically-checking-harry-reids-name-voting-machine-technicians-are-members-of-seiu-105815608.html#ixzz13zmnyxda

Crookshanks
10-27-2010, 09:43 AM
The dems can't win on the issues - so they're just going to cheat. Why am I not surprised...

baseline bum
10-27-2010, 10:30 AM
Can't they both just die?

boutons_deux
10-27-2010, 10:58 AM
The tea baggers and Repugs are organizing their thugs and hoods to intimidate blacks and browns.

The Repugs can't win on the issues, nor on their silly "pledge". When they win, it will be because corps bought the win, outspending Dems 7 to 1.

TeyshaBlue
10-27-2010, 11:03 AM
The tea baggers and Repugs are organizing their thugs and hoods to intimidate blacks and browns.

The Repugs can't win on the issues, nor on their silly "pledge". When they win, it will be because corps bought the win, outspending Dems 7 to 1.

/spinbot

boutons_deux
10-27-2010, 11:18 AM
You Can't Handle The Truth

TeyshaBlue
10-27-2010, 11:30 AM
You Can't Handle The Truth

/spinbot

Blake
10-27-2010, 11:34 AM
now there's absolutely no independently verified evidence of chicanery with the voting machines

The dems can't win on the issues - so they're just going to cheat. Why am I not surprised...

you automatically assume dems are cheating.

Not much of a surprise.

Wild Cobra
10-27-2010, 12:11 PM
you automatically assume dems are cheating.

Not much of a surprise.
If the report is true, I would call it a safe assumption.

George Gervin's Afro
10-27-2010, 12:26 PM

Wild Cobra-What I see today is that most blacks are racists, and almost no whites are.

boutons_deux
10-27-2010, 12:27 PM
There is no proof of widespread voter registration fraud, nor voter fraud. It's VRWC narrative lie. dubya State AG's couldn't find any for yar after being told it was their priority do find them.

There is proof of the Repugs stealing the OH presidential vote in 2004.

George Gervin's Afro
10-27-2010, 12:29 PM

Now conservatives are against paperless voting.....

MannyIsGod
10-27-2010, 12:40 PM

http://www.michiganmessenger.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/mimsg_howtoriganelectionaraymond.jpg

Parker2112
10-27-2010, 12:41 PM
There is no proof of widespread voter registration fraud, nor voter fraud. It's VRWC narrative lie. dubya State AG's couldn't find any for yar after being told it was their priority do find them.

There is proof of the Repugs stealing the OH presidential vote in 2004.

There is proof that voting machines are susceptible to manipulation by ANYBODY WITH $$ ENOUGH TO HIRE IT PEOPLE WITH KNOW-HOW. You really think Democrats will sit by and let Repubs be the only player in this game?

WE NEED VOTING MACHINES VOTED THE FUCK OUT OF OUR ELECTIONS.

http://www.news8austin.com/?ArID=274630

Parker2112
10-27-2010, 12:44 PM
You guys are too predictable. Voter fraud becomes a partisan issue? Take a look at yourselves...anyone who thinks this is totally brainwashed...

So your party is the only one with morals, who stands on the side of right? Ive got news for you: Both parties are bought and paid for.

Parker2112
10-27-2010, 12:51 PM
http://www.michiganmessenger.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/mimsg_howtoriganelectionaraymond.jpg

"Offers a raw, inside glimpse of the phone scandal as it unraveled and of a ruthless world in which political operatives seek to win at all costs." -- McClatchy News Service

Very tame stuff compared to the shit that Rove pulled off.

MannyIsGod
10-27-2010, 12:53 PM
You guys are too predictable. Voter fraud becomes a partisan issue? Take a look at yourselves...anyone who thinks this is totally brainwashed...

So your party is the only one with morals, who stands on the side of right? Ive got news for you: Both parties are bought and paid for.

I don't believe there is large scale voter fraud being committed by either party. Its far easier to manipulate them in legal ways.

TeyshaBlue
10-27-2010, 01:22 PM
I don't believe there is large scale voter fraud being committed by either party. Its far easier to manipulate them in legal ways.

Ocam's razor agrees.

Parker2112
10-27-2010, 01:29 PM

I dont argue large-scale...I argue that it is done small scale in every election period. It does not hit every race, but there is no election period that doesnt exhibit signs of tampering with these machines. There is no reason to permit paperless voting mechanisms when they leave us susceptible to voter fraud ON ANY SCALE.

There is too much money at stake in our govt to leave these decisions up to voters. Our govt is much too valuable, which is the best case for downsizing it. Cut off the bloodflow and the ticks will fall away. Govt is simply not the place to pin your hopes and dreams for a better world.

We have elected the most populist president in recent memory, and our govt continues to operate behind a viel of secrecy, continues to leave us vulnerable to the whims of corporations, continues to leave our troops abroad fighting pointless wars. The Hope and Change turned into more of the same.

What else do you need to know to discern that our govt is co-opted and commandeered?

ElNono
10-27-2010, 01:31 PM

Did you find Obama's 'real' birth certificate yet?

Parker2112
10-27-2010, 01:33 PM
If you read about Rove's influence in '04, and Michael Connell, RIP, you realize that those that would manipulate elections wont do it on a grand scale, for fear of being caught. It is a practice limited to only the most critical elections.

More on M.C.:
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/12/23/cbsnews_investigates/main4684431.shtml

Wild Cobra
10-27-2010, 01:43 PM
Did you find Obama's 'real' birth certificate yet?
Has his grandmother in Kenya ever retracted being at his birth in Kenya?

Blake
10-27-2010, 01:48 PM

If the report that the machine was purposely rigged turns out to be proven true, then it's no longer an assumption.

Wild Cobra
10-27-2010, 01:51 PM
If the report that the machine was purposely rigged turns out to be proven true, then it's no longer an assumption.

Yes, but I mean the individual accounts that the box is already checked for "Reid." As believable as that is, I still don't trust people I don't know. They could be lying.

Blake
10-27-2010, 02:03 PM
Yes, but I mean the individual accounts that the box is already checked for "Reid." As believable as that is, I still don't trust people I don't know. They could be lying.

I was responding to crookshanks who is automatically assuming they are cheating.

you concurred that it is a safe assumption that they are.

well done.

Blake
10-27-2010, 02:05 PM

She never directly stated he was to begin with so there was nothing to retract.

This has been cleared up already. Do you need someone to gtfy?

ElNono
10-27-2010, 02:07 PM
It was a small bug left from beta-testing. There, I fixed it:

- (void)initVote
{
[self generateBallot];
// [self autoCheckReid];
[self displayBallot];
}

:lol

ElNono
10-27-2010, 02:07 PM

Really? You still stuck on stupid?

Wild Cobra
10-27-2010, 02:12 PM
Really? You still stuck on stupid?
Not at all. If you recall, the matter is settled for me because of the old Hawaiian newspaper listing births.

His grandmother made that claim. It is one reason why people are so set in the belief he was born there.

Has she ever retracted her statement?

Blake
10-27-2010, 02:16 PM
Not at all. If you recall, the matter is settled for me because of the old Hawaiian newspaper listing births.

Hawaiin officials have confirmed that his birth certificate is legit.

His grandmother made that claim. It is one reason why people are so set in the belief he was born there.

She made no such claim. She was not there at the delivery.

Have you listened to the full tape of the conversation in question?

Wild Cobra
10-27-2010, 02:19 PM
Have you listened to the full tape of the conversation in question?
I thought I have. If I missed something, link please.

Blake
10-27-2010, 02:28 PM
http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2009/07/30/72794/heres-the-truth-birther-claims.html

Wild Cobra
10-27-2010, 02:42 PM
http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2009/07/30/72794/heres-the-truth-birther-claims.html
OK, not surprising. She probable meant her son, not her grandson at first until she realized what was happening. After-all, he did keep saying son at first, not grandson.

Wild Cobra
10-27-2010, 02:43 PM
Hawaiin officials have confirmed that his birth certificate is legit.

I never said otherwise.

Blake
10-27-2010, 03:11 PM
I never said otherwise.

you mentioned old Hawaiian newspaper listing births settled the matter for you.

instead of being coy, you should just get to the point so I don't have to guess if you are trolling or being stupid.

Wild Cobra
10-27-2010, 03:21 PM
you mentioned old Hawaiian newspaper listing births settled the matter for you.

instead of being coy, you should just get to the point so I don't have to guess if you are trolling or being stupid.
Go back to when I explained my remark. I said:

I never said I believed it.

It would help if you didn't interject your own bias of me into that you think I said.

Blake
10-27-2010, 03:34 PM
Go back to when I explained my remark. I said:

I never said I believed it.

It would help if you didn't interject your own bias of me into that you think I said.

I don't have any bias towards you. I don't really give a flip about you one way or the other. I'm simply responding to what you said.

If the matter is settled for you, then you should have no questions whether or not Obama's grammy said he was born in Kenya or not.

You had a question. I answered it. Pretty simple.

If there is something else you are trying to get at here, then spit it out.

ElNono
10-27-2010, 03:48 PM
'People so set'?

Who are these 'people', other than Crookskanks?

Wild Cobra
10-27-2010, 03:53 PM
I don't have any bias towards you. I don't really give a flip about you one way or the other. I'm simply responding to what you said.

If the matter is settled for you, then you should have no questions whether or not Obama's grammy said he was born in Kenya or not.

You had a question. I answered it. Pretty simple.

If there is something else you are trying to get at here, then spit it out.
My God.

I was pointing out what other people think. Why is that difficult to comprehend?

Winehole23
10-27-2010, 03:56 PM
"A new national survey by the Pew Research Center finds that nearly one-in-five Americans (18 percent) now say Obama is a Muslim, up from 11 percent in March 2009. Only about one-third of adults (34 percent) say Obama is a Christian, down sharply from 48 percent in 2009. Fully 43% say they do not know what Obama's religion is."http://people-press.org/report/645/

Winehole23
10-27-2010, 04:00 PM
My God.

I was pointing out what other people think. Why is that difficult to comprehend?Ah, yes the venerable "some say."

(Gotta have a hoss to pull that dungcart.)

Parker2112
10-27-2010, 04:08 PM
The Obama birthers are stuck knee deep in the left-right paradigm. The left who think that voter fraud stems only from the right are up to their eyeballs in delusion.

Both "sides" fail to address paperless voting. Convenient STALE conversation to hide the ugly facts and/or prevalent ignorance amongst the general public, represented here by run of the mill sheep putting forth their best ostrich impersonations.

Blake
10-27-2010, 04:16 PM
My God.

I was pointing out what other people think. Why is that difficult to comprehend?

That's not a difficult point to comprehend.

It's apparently too difficult for you to articulate your point until cowwhipped in that direction.

Blake
10-27-2010, 04:20 PM
The Obama birthers are stuck knee deep in the left-right paradigm. The left who think that voter fraud stems only from the right are up to their eyeballs in delusion.

Both "sides" fail to address paperless voting. Convenient STALE conversation to hide the ugly facts and/or prevalent ignorance amongst the general public, represented here by run of the mill sheep putting forth their best ostrich impersonations.

what is the point of this post

Wild Cobra
10-27-2010, 04:29 PM
That's not a difficult point to comprehend.

It's apparently too difficult for you to articulate your point until cowwhipped in that direction.
If it makes you sleep better at night, then believe as you wish.

Parker2112
10-27-2010, 04:42 PM
what is the point of this post

Would you like some help with the hard words? I'm not sure what you are asking, exactly...

Blake
10-27-2010, 04:47 PM
If it makes you sleep better at night, then believe as you wish.

I sleep just fine with or without reading your crappy posts. There is, however, entertainment value in reading them.

You might be the first polarized bi-polar poster I've ever seen.

Blake
10-27-2010, 04:52 PM
Would you like some help with the hard words? I'm not sure what you are asking, exactly...

so you think paperless voting should be addressed.

k, you already mentioned that earlier.

Was there an ulterior motive for trying to lay out Obama birthers, the left, and the mill sheep here that are putting forth their best ostrich impersonations?

Stringer_Bell
10-27-2010, 05:16 PM

I've never heard such a story, and I've got my ear down in the depths of crazy white people conspiracies against Obama.

Rigging the electronic voting machines is nothing new. Bush did it, and he was running for President, so there's no telling what Congress has done and plans to do this election.

Wild Cobra
10-27-2010, 06:04 PM
Rigging the electronic voting machines is nothing new. Bush did it, and he was running for President, so there's no telling what Congress has done and plans to do this election.
All so called evidence of that went nowhere, because there is no evidence. Just allegations. You talking about the Ohio incident?

Parker2112
10-27-2010, 06:52 PM
so you think paperless voting should be addressed.

k, you already mentioned that earlier.

Was there an ulterior motive for trying to lay out Obama birthers, the left, and the mill sheep here that are putting forth their best ostrich impersonations?

I guess to expose the joke that is the two party paradigm. And the fact that so many here take part. And finally how many folks' egos wont allow them to admit engage issues which they fail to comprehend, so they stick their collective heads in the sand.

"The two party system works, dammit! My party is best!" :sleep

Wild Cobra
10-27-2010, 07:09 PM
Stinger, I found the information I was looking for. The 2004 Ohio vote had Bush winning 2 of the 3 types of voting systems. Kerry won with the e-voting system. The logical conclusion, with the way it can be tampered with, is that someone cheated for Kerry. Not Bush.

System... Kerry/Bush

E-Vote... 51.94%/46.73%
Op-Scan. 43.88%/54.31%
Punch.... 47.44%/50.21%

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x262/Wild_Cobra/Politics/2004ohioelection.jpg (http://www.jqjacobs.net/politics/xls/ohio_vote_county.xls)

Winehole23
10-28-2010, 05:15 AM
Was there an ulterior motive for trying to lay out Obama birthers, the left, and the mill sheep here that are putting forth their best ostrich impersonations?I doubt it. Parker's very proud of himself. Maybe he just wanted to rub it in our faces a little.

We're all too dumb to be his echo on this issue. We've proven that much, I think.

Winehole23
10-28-2010, 05:23 AM
All so called evidence of that went nowhere, because there is no evidence. Just allegations. You talking about the Ohio incident?Election day 2004 was a damn mess in Ohio.

I'm personally unsure that the irregularities were enough to swing the election, but it looked a damn mess to me. Maybe even worse than Florida in 2000, but I guess we couldn't afford another judicial wrangle for the presidency so soon after the first one, so the irregularities went by the boards.

I will say I think having machine codes be proprietary trade secrets and unreviewable by election officials is bogus. If there's a problem, the officials need to see to the bottom of it. In this case, the public weal trumps property rights, or it should.

Wild Cobra
10-28-2010, 10:21 AM
Election day 2004 was a damn mess in Ohio.

I'm personally unsure that the irregularities were enough to swing the election, but it looked a damn mess to me. Maybe even worse than Florida in 2000, but I guess we couldn't afford another judicial wrangle for the presidency so soon after the first one, so the irregularities went by the boards.
Well, one reason it was a mess is that allotments of machines per precinct was determined by past participation. When an added influx of people occurs, there are not enough machines. If people don't regularly vote, they can expect that shit.

I will say I think having machine codes be proprietary trade secrets and unreviewable by election officials is bogus. If there's a problem, the officials need to see to the bottom of it. In this case, the public weal trumps property rights, or it should.
I agree. This whole electronic thing is puzzling to say the least. there always needs to be a paper trail.

Those responsible should be fired, or worse.

Parker2112
10-28-2010, 11:48 AM
I doubt it. Parker's very proud of himself. Maybe he just wanted to rub it in our faces a little.

We're all too dumb to be his echo on this issue. We've proven that much, I think.

You mistake my own frustration with impenatrable egos for my own pride.

I have stated my limitations over and over again on this board. Your attempted personal attack fails. :sleep

Blake
10-28-2010, 01:05 PM
I have stated my limitations over and over again on this board.

Was that before or after you posted the Ickey Woods jpeg?

RandomGuy
10-28-2010, 01:23 PM
Stinger, I found the information I was looking for. The 2004 Ohio vote had Bush winning 2 of the 3 types of voting systems. Kerry won with the e-voting system. The logical conclusion, with the way it can be tampered with, is that someone cheated for Kerry. Not Bush.

System... Kerry/Bush

E-Vote... 51.94%/46.73%
Op-Scan. 43.88%/54.31%
Punch.... 47.44%/50.21%

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x262/Wild_Cobra/Politics/2004ohioelection.jpg (http://www.jqjacobs.net/politics/xls/ohio_vote_county.xls)

So different counties had different voting machines, and astonishingly they returned different percentages?

Have you isolated the data in your graph from the party affiliation in the area?

...or

Did you make a conclusion about data without considering confounding variables?

Winehole23
10-28-2010, 03:34 PM
You mistake my own frustration with impenatrable egos for my own pride.

I have stated my limitations over and over again on this board. Your attempted personal attack fails. :sleepFloat like a butterfly sting like a bee. Nobody ever lays a glove on you.

(You ignored my straight reply and focused on the aside. Telling.)

Wild Cobra
10-28-2010, 08:02 PM
So different counties had different voting machines, and astonishingly they returned different percentages?

Have you isolated the data in your graph from the party affiliation in the area?

...or

Did you make a conclusion about data without considering confounding variables?
I lifted the chart from a large excel file another guy did. His premise, if you loo at the Optiscan, is that the cheating was there. He goes through statistical analysis to make his point. There is tons of data if you click on the graph.

Look at his data, make your own conclusions. I love using people's work and use it against them, as I do with this one. The guy who made it was pro-Kerry.

Blake
10-29-2010, 11:10 AM
I love using people's work and use it against them, as I do with this one.

It must feel good thinking you've finally turned the tables for a change.

RandomGuy
10-29-2010, 12:30 PM
There is tons of data if you click on the graph.

i181.photobucket.com/albums/x262/Wild_Cobra/Politics/2004ohioelection.jpg

There might be, but not the data that would help determine if you were talking out your ass, yet again, or not. :p:

EDIT

I take it back the graph was hyperlinked. Duh.

TeyshaBlue
10-29-2010, 01:31 PM
There might be, but not the data that would help determine if you were talking out your ass, yet again, or not. :p:

EDIT

Doh!:lol

RandomGuy
10-29-2010, 01:52 PM

System... Kerry/Bush

E-Vote... 51.94%/46.73%
Op-Scan. 43.88%/54.31%
Punch.... 47.44%/50.21%

That isn't a logical conclusion at all.

It also doesn't explain the fairly strong Pearson correlations. How do you explain that?

Or the very strong skews in certain counties?

Both of which are statistically improbable.

Wild Cobra
10-29-2010, 10:56 PM
I do that quite a bit. Usually, if I don't add the link I lifted something from with data, or an article, and do not separately make a link. I link embed the link in the graphic.

I try to give the author credit one way or another.

Wild Cobra
10-29-2010, 11:06 PM
That isn't a logical conclusion at all.

Two of the three systems favor Bush. The one that doesn't, which is proven to be prone to electronic manipulation, favors Kerry. the accusation is that these E-Systems were tampered with to give Bush the win. If tampering was done, why is the margin so small, and favoring Kerry?

It also doesn't explain the fairly strong Pearson correlations. How do you explain that?

Which graph in the link do you refer to. There isn't enough data to support your contention in the graph I posted.

Or the very strong skews in certain counties?

So. Statistics don't make facts anyway.

Remember, John sKerry was running.

Both of which are statistically improbable.

Again, statistics don't make facts. Besides, i was only showing evidence that the E-voting system appears not to be altered to favor Bush.