PDA

View Full Version : DFW (Dallas - Fort Worth) Spurs Fans

urunobili
10-27-2010, 09:57 AM
Hey Guys;

Do you have any idea where to go watch the Spurs games in the Dallas Metroplex?

The Mavs are playing at the same time and I don't know if I'll dare to go ask in any restaurant to play the Spurs game :depressed

Maybe you know a place where the owner is a Spurs fan and you can share that with us all.

GO SPURS!!!

:flag::flag::flag:

Kool Bob Love
10-27-2010, 10:06 AM
FROM sa but isn't NBA league pass free this week? :nerd

MODS I want my AVY BACK PLZ :(

urunobili
10-27-2010, 10:16 AM
FROM sa but isn't NBA league pass free this week? :nerd

dude I dont have directv for me to go the free NBALP. I need to find a place to go watch it that will do so in Mavsland. wtf???

Stephen
10-27-2010, 10:18 AM
on tv

GodFamilySPURS
10-27-2010, 10:19 AM
I feel the same way. Im from SA but live in Horrible Houston Rockets land

urunobili
10-27-2010, 10:40 AM
on tv:rolleyes

NRHector
10-27-2010, 11:36 AM
I salute all the Spurs fans out of SA in texas :toast it takes guts to be a Spurs fan in rival cities such as Dallas and Houston

Obstructed_View
10-27-2010, 11:50 AM
Here's a thread from about five years ago. Maybe it has some info. Maybe that Mansfield crew has grown since then. :)

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36124

urunobili
10-27-2010, 12:03 PM
Here's a thread from about five years ago. Maybe it has some info. Maybe that Mansfield crew has grown since then. :)

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36124

Awesome thanks! Still going over the thread I didn't find the name of the actual place they get together... :depressed

Maybe CubanMustGo can help :king

SenorSpur
10-27-2010, 01:43 PM
Trying to find a place on Wed night could be somewhat problematic for a Spurs fan. First off, the Mavs are also playing tonight. Second, and more importantly, the Rangers are opening Game 1 on the World Series. Every restaurant, sports bar and regular bar WILL be jammed packed as fans will be tuned into the World Series. If are lucky enough to get tuned in, be prepared to wade through large crowds and watch the game without sound.

That said, here are some options:

Gordon & Biersch - (Dallas or Plano). This is a good spot. They do have satellite TV, so dialing up the Spurs game should not be a problem. However, they have a limited amount of TVs and you will be forced to view it silently.

Fox Sports Grill (Plano) - Another good spot. However this is a very popular place with the locals. It WILL be "extremely" packed and you will likely have trouble sequestering yourself into an area where you can get away from screaming Rangers fans. Proceed with caution.

Humperdincks (Addison). Also a good choice because it's centrally located, has a huge dining area and multiple satellite TVs.

Fox & Hound Tavern Dallas (LBJ & Skillman Ave), North Dallas (Frankford & Midway) or Richardson (Campbell Rd and US 75). This is probably your best bet because it's spacious, has tons of comfortable seating, and multiple satellite TVs. Consequently, you'll have a better chance of getting the Manager to reserve 1 TV for you and your party (without sound of course).

Whatever location you choose, GET THERE EARLY!

BoricuaCJA
10-27-2010, 04:38 PM
This got me thinking, is they're like a Spurs fan meet up group in the DFW area??? I live in Hurst and want to find more Spurs fan who enjoy our team as much as I do.

CubanMustGo
10-27-2010, 04:49 PM
Awesome thanks! Still going over the thread I didn't find the name of the actual place they get together... :depressed

Maybe CubanMustGo can help :king

Sorry, I moved away from the armpit a little over two years ago and am happily ensconced in the Austin metro these days.

If there had been a Gordon Biersch in Plano back in the day, that's where I would have went. Good food and better brew, nice environment, tho a little pricey.