PDA

View Full Version : Reigning Black: Champions? You gotta believe

Blackjack
10-27-2010, 12:48 PM
I'd just like to welcome G. Scott to the crew and I hope to be adding a few more members in coming days and weeks. Thanks for all the support, SpursTalkers. :toast

Champions? You gotta believe
by G. Scott - Reigning Black

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ2VVImj1IBfafxic_3kuHcQBSDfiNYi jRp5b90DxmG2kzVG7w&t=1&usg=__whQYss5M4Tq0yc6XkXhTOd6zE9Y=

The 2010-2011 campaign is underway and the Spurs, as usual, are flying under the radar. Most sports analysts question whether Greg Popovich's team can truly contend for a title. In their secret hearts many, if not most Spurs fans, harbor the same question. But for those of us who have faithfully followed the NBA for decades, and remember Rudy Tomjanovich's famous quote - "Don't ever underestimate the heart of a champion", there is really only one question: Does this group of Spurs players really, truly believe that they can still win it all?"

There is a certain attitude that is clearly visible on teams that believe, that know, they are on a mission to climb to the top of their sport. It is most often described as a "swagger", although that word is as often wrong as it is right. Anyone who goes looking for a swagger on the Spurs' bench has been asleep for the past decade. This team still undeniably belongs to Tim Duncan. And not only does he not swagger, but any teammate who did would be... well... looked at sternly by the Stoic Mr. Duncan.

Continue Reading >>>> (http://reigningblack.blogspot.com/2010/10/champions-you-gotta-believe_27.html#more)

GSH
11-04-2010, 10:48 PM
I'm waiting for one of our guys to stand up and say, "We're in this to win it all." We all remember how valuable it was to have Mario Elie here, to kick everyone's asses and keep them focused. I really want somebody to step into that role on this team.

If Jefferson had gotten off to a bad start, he probably couldn't have spoken up without getting his ass kicked. But after last night's game, he's got a perfet opportunity. Everybody knows he worked all summer. He's earned the right to speak up about really, really wanting it. He could sort of rally the guys on the team who don't have a ring.

C'mon, RJ. Stand up and tell everyone that you're hungry, and that the team is hungry. Push them a little bit.

spurs10
11-04-2010, 11:14 PM
Great read, thanks!

LoneStarState'sPride
11-04-2010, 11:50 PM
Outstanding article.

Brazil
11-05-2010, 09:55 AM
nice article

arles
11-05-2010, 10:27 AM
I want to see the spurs champions again, goddammit!!!

21_Blessings
11-05-2010, 11:56 AM
:flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:

lefty
11-05-2010, 12:03 PM
So basically this is the long version of "wait and see"

Yeah, insightful article :lol

Bukefal
11-05-2010, 12:07 PM
good read!! :tu
:flag::flag::flag:

JR21
11-05-2010, 09:08 PM
So basically this is the long version of "wait and see"

Yeah, insightful article :lol
lol yeah. I was reading the part about Duncan with no swag and i always wondered why rarely anyone wears head bands or shooting sleeves on our team. Is it one of those coaching things that are fround upon in our org.? I dont really care for it but just wondering. I know Jackson wore one.