PDA

View Full Version : *** World Series Game 1 Gameday Thread ***

Phillip
10-27-2010, 02:36 PM
lets do this, Rangers

:lobt2:

Kenny Powers
10-27-2010, 02:54 PM
Last week I thought the jews in New York were bad, but they're nothing compared to these fags you got in San Francisco.

Texas Chili Dog
10-27-2010, 03:09 PM
Merry Cliffmas!

Spur|n|Austin
10-27-2010, 03:26 PM
Game Day! Let's go Rangers, show em' the Claw!!

symple19
10-27-2010, 03:35 PM
go giants!

Stephen
10-27-2010, 03:35 PM
Rangers 4
Giants 1

MavDynasty
10-27-2010, 04:53 PM
tbh Rangers need to show Cliff they mean business

4>0rings
10-27-2010, 05:41 PM
Cliff Lee better win this game by 2 runs or more :lol

crc21209
10-27-2010, 05:55 PM
Lets go Rangers! :tu

Jimcs50
10-27-2010, 06:50 PM
I bet 40 to win 300 that rangers will sweep this series.

Go rangers

MavDynasty
10-27-2010, 07:22 PM
tbh Vladdy looks REALLY slow in the outfield. That ball almost dropped.

BUMP
10-27-2010, 07:32 PM
tbh this game couldn't have been any better for the Rangers. Cliff Lee getting a double than Molina tagging up on a sac fly

crofl

J.T.
10-27-2010, 07:33 PM
lol who needs a dh when your pitcher can hit dubs like that

MavDynasty
Fuckin slow ass Bengie muthafuckin Bolina tagging on an Andrus sac fly was amazing imho. Cliff lee showing he is a badass hitter as well as pitcher tbh

MavDynasty
lol who needs a dh when your pitcher can hit dubs like that

MavDynasty
10-27-2010, 07:38 PM
Really missin Cruz' speed at RF

Fpoonsie
10-27-2010, 08:45 PM

DeadlyDynasty
10-27-2010, 08:50 PM
can't remember the last time I saw Lee get beat up like this

NRHector
10-27-2010, 08:52 PM
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Amarelooms
10-27-2010, 08:53 PM
lol dose of humble pie...I honestly haven't heard of any of the Giants players except for Huff maybe and the pitcher...good for them

:elephant

J.T.
10-27-2010, 09:35 PM
tbh this game couldn't have been any better for the Rangers. Cliff Lee getting a double than Molina tagging up on a sac fly

crofl

baseball clubhouse world series doucher of the day candidate tbh

tlongII
10-27-2010, 09:55 PM
I bet 40 to win 300 that rangers will sweep this series.

Go rangers

:lmao

DeadlyDynasty
10-27-2010, 10:06 PM
Now we know why Vlad plays in the american league

Amarelooms
10-27-2010, 10:39 PM
Now we know why Vlad plays in the american league

Son his ass needs to sit for game 2...imagine if the game was close...his piss poor fielding would have cost em

dallasmavsnfuego214
10-27-2010, 10:56 PM
agreed sons. The Rangers looked like the teams from earlier in the decade in this one. Stupid play after stupid play. I thought I heard circus music out there. Oh well, here's to them hopefully bouncing back tomorrow. If they win this thing it's gonna have be without Lee carrying them for once

Jacob1983
10-27-2010, 11:15 PM
People forget that Lee only won one game in the ALCS. I know he only pitched one game but I think people tend to forget about the other pitchers. Lewis won two games for the Rangers in the ALCS. It was bad game for the Rangers but the 9th inning showed a little promise. They scored 3 runs in the 9th inning and probably could have scored more. The Rangers had a lot of shitty plays and they eventually fucked the Rangers over. Hopefully, the Rangers can bounce back from this because if they don't then it's gonna be tough for them against the Giants. Josh, Kinsler, Young, and Vlad all have to step up in game 2. Josh has to get some hits.
I know Lincecum won tonight but his numbers weren't amazing.

4>0rings
10-27-2010, 11:20 PM

crofl
I guess your dads going to kiss his ass again huh. Fucking chump got upstaged by a kid on the big stage.

crc21209
10-28-2010, 12:32 AM
I dunno about Vlad in the outfield now...he looked like a damn turtle out there. Lewis has got to step up BIG tomorrow now...

Jacob1983
10-28-2010, 12:37 AM
CJ better handle the pressure tomorrow because game 2 is huge. Rangers have to bounce back.

BUMP
10-28-2010, 12:54 AM
I guess your dads going to kiss his ass again huh. Fucking chump got upstaged by a kid on the big stage.

crofl

that's not even his job. No need to be mad cause he makes more money and is more relevant than your whole family combined :lol

midnightpulp
10-28-2010, 12:56 AM
crofl

that's not even his job. No need to be mad cause he makes more money and is more relevant than your whole family combined :lol

Ouch.

dallasmavsnfuego214
10-28-2010, 01:00 AM
crofl

:lmao:lmao

4>0rings
10-28-2010, 01:01 AM
crofl

Beat writer for one of the worst teams in the MLB sans 2010? Dude has to fluff more in his article than your mom on her daily.

Writing for choke city. :lmao

dallasmavsnfuego214
10-28-2010, 01:04 AM
People forget that Lee only won one game in the ALCS. I know he only pitched one game but I think people tend to forget about the other pitchers. Lewis won two games for the Rangers in the ALCS. It was bad game for the Rangers but the 9th inning showed a little promise. They scored 3 runs in the 9th inning and probably could have scored more. The Rangers had a lot of shitty plays and they eventually fucked the Rangers over. Hopefully, the Rangers can bounce back from this because if they don't then it's gonna be tough for them against the Giants. Josh, Kinsler, Young, and Vlad all have to step up in game 2. Josh has to get some hits.
I know Lincecum won tonight but his numbers weren't amazing.

Do you realize Vlad is not gonna be starting game 2?

BUMP
10-28-2010, 01:22 AM

tbh, with every Jacob1983 paragraph you can always find a few mistakes in it. You just have to read it a few times

crc21209
10-28-2010, 01:25 AM

I was watching SportsCenter and Washington was reported as saying that he is sticking with Vlad in the outfield for Game 2...I hope not...

4>0rings
10-28-2010, 01:32 AM
I was watching SportsCenter and Washington was reported as saying that he is sticking with Vlad in the outfield for Game 2...I hope not...
Anything anyone hits over there is uncatchable to Vlad. Not even a grounder is safe. Washington should stick to musical chairs and the bull pen.

Jacob1983
10-28-2010, 02:48 AM
David Murphy

symple19
10-28-2010, 05:13 AM
lol bump

This is why they play the games, although you can definitely count me as one of those who expected a pitchers duel.

Juan Uribe coming up huge. I still think this goes 7

Hopefully Cain can continue to be dominant

symple19
10-28-2010, 05:27 AM
Vlad looked atrocious in right. SF has one of the quirkiest outfields in the league that, when factoring in the wind, can make even the ablest fielder look moronic. Vlad looked moronic and old. The Rangers should definitely start someone else in the next game who can cover more ground and actually bend his knees. No question his bat will be missed, but I'm sure he'll make his presence felt once the series goes to Arlington

Phillip
10-28-2010, 10:04 AM
backdoor sweep by the Rangers. I said Rangers in 5 and stand by it. The Giants hitters cant keep this up, and the Rangers played an abomination of a game last night. Not happening again.

dallasmavsnfuego214
10-28-2010, 12:18 PM
my bad about the Vlad thing. I could've sworn Wash said he would only play him in the outfield 1 of 2 games before the series. Guess he changed his mind.

Not really a bad move, as goofy as Vlad looked out there it didn't cost us the game or anything and I'm pretty sure there was only one guy who took an extra base because of it but it was during garbage time

dallasmavsnfuego214
10-28-2010, 12:22 PM
Vlad looked atrocious in right. SF has one of the quirkiest outfields in the league that, when factoring in the wind, can make even the ablest fielder look moronic. Vlad looked moronic and old. The Rangers should definitely start someone else in the next game who can cover more ground and actually bend his knees. No question his bat will be missed, but I'm sure he'll make his presence felt once the series goes to Arlington

We have David Murphy, a lefty, who I'm surprised isn't starting game 2. Believe it or not, he's not that much worse at the plate than Vlad if at all. He was our hottest hitter in September and got a hit in his only at bat last night.

Congrats to your team btw. I think everyone has underrated the Giants hitting and it looked like they had a little chip on their shoulder last night

Technique
10-28-2010, 12:33 PM
backdoor sweep by the Rangers. I said Rangers in 5 and stand by it. The Giants hitters cant keep this up, and the Rangers played an abomination of a game last night. Not happening again.

They just lit up the ace of aces, what are you even talking about? This series is going the full 7 without question.

Phillip
10-28-2010, 12:45 PM
They just lit up the ace of aces, what are you even talking about? This series is going the full 7 without question.

Rangers in 6 at the longest

Texas Chili Dog
10-28-2010, 03:31 PM
Rangers are going with Murphy, not Vlad in Game 2.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/mlb/news/story?id=5738051

The Gemini Method
10-28-2010, 03:40 PM
Lee looked shook last night. I dont like either team, but that does not bode well for the Rangers. The Giants have that aura about them that they're destined to snap that 56-year drought in SF. They remind me of the White Sox or Angels of years past with their lack of star power on offense but the knack of coming up big when you know they shouldn't. It will be a series that goes the distance and will be pretty exciting.

Soul_Patch
10-28-2010, 03:45 PM
The Giants hitting was just lights out. Really shook the rangers and took their heads out of the game. All of the bonehead plays were just...well, bonehead. Kinsler turning to second on that hit really killed the MO in that inning...that is just off the top of my head...

Oh well, i think they can pull it off. No way Giants hit that good again.

BUMP
10-28-2010, 03:48 PM

:tu

Despite his fielding, I actually think Murphy will have a better chance against Cain than Vlad

The Gemini Method
10-28-2010, 04:14 PM
The Giants hitting was just lights out. Really shook the rangers and took their heads out of the game. All of the bonehead plays were just...well, bonehead. Kinsler turning to second on that hit really killed the MO in that inning...that is just off the top of my head...

Oh well, i think they can pull it off. No way Giants hit that good again.

The thing is; the Giants don't have to hit that way again to win. 7 of their 11 postseason victories have been by 1 run. That should be a lil worrisome for the Rangers and their fans. They can win in a multitude of ways and that may be the way the rest of the series plays out.

Stephen
10-28-2010, 04:46 PM
The thing is; the Giants don't have to hit that way again to win. 7 of their 11 postseason victories have been by 1 run. That should be a lil worrisome for the Rangers and their fans. They can win in a multitude of ways and that may be the way the rest of the series plays out.

Actually they will, because the Rangers were still able to put up 7 runs, and looking at some of the situations they were in, should have had more. They made a lot of uncharacteristic mistakes. The Giants were really lucky to get out of the first having only given up one run. This is the reason why I don't think the Giants can win the series, because they will have to consistently be putting up lots of runs in order to win. They arent going to be able to pull off more of those 2-1 types of victories. The Rangers are too good at scoring, and merely had the worst game of their postseason, while the Giants had their absolute best, mainly due to ONE inning.

The Gemini Method
10-28-2010, 04:59 PM
Yeah, the Rangers are good at scoring, but so were the Phillies. The Phils had a better offense than the Giants and that didn't do them any. Philadelphia even had a better rotation than the Rangers and that didn't serve them any better. The Giants were lucky to get out of the first two innings without surrendering more runs, but you know what? You have to be lucky along with good to win the WS and that's what the Giants seem to have. It will be interesting to see if the Rangers have the fortitude and the gall to come back. They've never been in a WS and down by one after getting shelled like the situation they're in currently. Remember, there were 6 runs scored off of the bullpen of the Rangers, so that's not boding well of shutting down the opportunistic Giants. Perhaps I'll be proven wrong, but watching the first game--all the momentum is wearing orange and black until it's taken back by the Rangers. You can't say for certain how its going to play out nor can I. It will be exciting to watch I think and it has the feel of being a 7-game calssic.

crc21209
10-28-2010, 05:00 PM

Good decision...:tu.

The Gemini Method
10-28-2010, 05:03 PM
Couldn't they start Vlad at left? Missing his bat is going to cost the Rangers in the 2nd game.

*I really get annoyed by this one friend of mine who is a Giants fan. He talks about class and being a good sport, but goes on to trash the loser of the games in which the Giants play. He is the only thing keeping me vested in seeing them lose in the WS. Other than that--it's baskeball season for me.

BUMP
10-28-2010, 05:06 PM
Yeah, the Rangers are good at scoring, but so were the Phillies. The Phils had a better offense than the Giants and that didn't do them any. Philadelphia even had a better rotation than the Rangers and that didn't serve them any better. The Giants were lucky to get out of the first two innings without surrendering more runs, but you know what? You have to be lucky along with good to win the WS and that's what the Giants seem to have. It will be interesting to see if the Rangers have the fortitude and the gall to come back. They've never been in a WS and down by one after getting shelled like the situation they're in currently. Remember, there were 6 runs scored off of the bullpen of the Rangers, so that's not boding well of shutting down the opportunistic Giants. Perhaps I'll be proven wrong, but watching the first game--all the momentum is wearing orange and black until it's taken back by the Rangers. You can't say for certain how its going to play out nor can I. It will be exciting to watch I think and it has the feel of being a 7-game calssic.

I love how this guy makes his first appearance in the MLB forum and tells us all how it's gonna be
:worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::w orthy::worthy:

Stephen
10-28-2010, 05:07 PM

What makes the Phillies hitting rotation better than the Rangers? imo Rangers have proved to be the best hitting team in baseball. They outhit the Yankees who most people would have previously said had the best hitting rotation in baseball.

All the momentum was wearing Rays colors and Yankees colors at certain points in times of the previous series' the Rangers played, but they bounced back each time. I'm not worried in the least bit. I'm still not too worried even if they lose tonight. If they win tonight, they go home with momentum. IMO the best game for them to lose was arguably game 1. Sucks that it had to be on Lee's game, but maybe thats a good thing, to go ahead and get his bad game that was bound to happen sooner or later, out of the way now, as opposed to a later game in the series. On the other hand, it will be interesting to see how the Giants handle pitching in the Ballpark in Arlington. We all know how badly visiting pitchers tend to struggle there...

BUMP
10-28-2010, 05:11 PM
What makes the Phillies hitting rotation better than the Rangers? imo Rangers have proved to be the best hitting team in baseball. They outhit the Yankees who most people would have previously said had the best hitting rotation in baseball.

All the momentum was wearing Rays colors and Yankees colors at certain points in times of the previous series' the Rangers played, but they bounced back each time. I'm not worried in the least bit. I'm still not too worried even if they lose tonight. If they win tonight, they go home with momentum. IMO the best game for them to lose was arguably game 1. Sucks that it had to be on Lee's game, but maybe thats a good thing, to go ahead and get his bad game that was bound to happen sooner or later, out of the way now, as opposed to a later game in the series. On the other hand, it will be interesting to see how the Giants handle pitching in the Ballpark in Arlington. We all know how badly visiting pitchers tend to struggle there...

tbh, imo baseball is so unpredictable it's hard to say who's gonna take hold of the series, especially with two unproven teams like these.

Stephen
10-28-2010, 05:18 PM
tbh, imo baseball is so unpredictable it's hard to say who's gonna take hold of the series, especially with two unproven teams like these.

the better team will

texas is the better team which is why they will

BUMP
10-28-2010, 05:29 PM
Texas is more then capable of coming back and winning it. Both teams are for that matter. Taking nothing away from the Giants as they are more than capable of winning too.

I just hate it when random people, who didn't know the Rangers existed til last week, come in here for the first time and try and tell us what's gonna happen. CJ Wilson was our best pitcher all season not Cliff Lee, and Colby Lewis has been lights out all postseason. It's not just Cliff Lee and a bunch of scrubs. As good as Lee is in the playoffs true Ranger fans know that he had a string of god awful starts in August so this isn't completely shocking

Phillip
10-28-2010, 05:42 PM
Texas is more then capable of coming back and winning it. Both teams are for that matter. Taking nothing away from the Giants as they are more than capable of winning too.

I just hate it when random people, who didn't know the Rangers existed til last week, come in here for the first time and try and tell us what's gonna happen. CJ Wilson was our best pitcher all season not Cliff Lee, and Colby Lewis has been lights out all postseason. It's not just Cliff Lee and a bunch of scrubs. As good as Lee is in the playoffs true Ranger fans know that he had a string of god awful starts in August so this isn't completely shocking

agreed. losses happen. lincecum lost a game earlier this postseason but obviously that didnt stop them from advancing either.