PDA

View Full Version : In case you may have forgotten

ShoogarBear
05-22-2005, 05:17 PM
The "MVP" is one of the worst defensive players ever.

Today we (and TP) got a reminder. Nothing like a game again Steve Nash to get you out of the offensive doldrums.

MI21
05-22-2005, 05:37 PM
Yep, I've been saying this and quite a few people agree. Then you get the idiots saying he is so good offensively it doesn't matter.

Pffft.

Catharsis
05-22-2005, 05:45 PM
Please, then is Parker worse? Parker was lit up for 29 points and 13 assists. The only stops he got were against himself...1-4 from the free throw line. Even when the Spurs had it locked away, they let the Suns have a chance to get back into it. Had Marion pulled down the rebound off of Parker's second miss and they hit a three, it would have been a three point game with 8 seconds left. Jealous your guy couldn't play enough of the season to qualify for MVP?

MI21
05-22-2005, 05:50 PM
Please, then is Parker worse? Parker was lit up for 29 points and 13 assists. The only stops he got were against himself...1-4 from the free throw line. Even when the Spurs had it locked away, they let the Suns have a chance to get back into it. Had Marion pulled down the rebound off of Parker's second miss and they hit a three, it would have been a three point game with 8 seconds left. Jealous your guy couldn't play enough of the season to qualify for MVP?

Entertaining.

So they played each other to a stand still, well done league MVP.

:elephant

rr2418
05-22-2005, 05:53 PM

Good post, Catharsis!! That's the point I was trying to make in my post " A little concern ". The Spurs were letting the Suns score unconteseted, but the Spurs were missing their FT's. If Marion pulls down that RB, and the Suns score a 3 with 8 sec's remaining? And TP shooting bricks at the FT line? WHOA!!!!

ShoogarBear
05-22-2005, 05:55 PM
I forget: how many votes did Parker get for MVP?

stéphane
05-22-2005, 05:56 PM
Good post, Catharsis!! That's the point I was trying to make in my post " A little concern ". The Spurs were letting the Suns score unconteseted, but the Spurs were missing their FT's. If Marion pulls down that RB, and the Suns score a 3 with 8 sec's remaining? And TP shooting bricks at the FT line? WHOA!!!!
LOL
IF X and Y and Z and W and O and ... then the spurs would have lost.
plz stop being ridiculous.

Hook Dem
05-22-2005, 05:57 PM
Yeah, and if a frog had wings, he would............... :lol

ShoogarBear
05-22-2005, 05:59 PM
Hey Catharsis!

Vinnie Del Negro?

:lmao

Props.

T Park
05-22-2005, 06:01 PM
yeah hes their play by play guy.

T Park
05-22-2005, 06:02 PM
not play by play color commentator my bad.

ShoogarBear
05-22-2005, 06:04 PM
Really?

I can imagine him calling this game:

"They kick it out to Barry . . . and he does what I should have done in '95!"

Obstructed_View
05-22-2005, 06:04 PM
Considering the way Parker and Nash have been playing the past four games, this is a definite win for Parker, even if you don't consider the final result.

MI21
05-22-2005, 06:08 PM
"They kick it out to Barry . . . and he does what I should have done in '95!"

:lol

"The use of the hair fake has gone out the window in today's NBA"

rr2418
05-22-2005, 06:19 PM
LOL
IF X and Y and Z and W and O and ... then the spurs would have lost.
plz stop being ridiculous.

LOL! Haven't you noticed? That's what this forum is, nothing but "what if's". You have to think that way. I'm sure Pop saw things that went wrong and have to be adressed. The possibility existed that the game would've been closer or "lost" if Marion gets that rb and the Suns make a 3ptr. Now, at that point the Spurs would've been fouled and sent to the line. They make their FT's, great! If they miss, the Suns have a chance.

Catharsis
05-22-2005, 06:36 PM
Hey Catharsis!

Vinnie Del Negro?

:lmao

Props.

Hehe, technically he's a Sun now. He does the color comentating on the radio side for Phoenix.

Catharsis
05-22-2005, 06:43 PM
Considering the way Parker and Nash have been playing the past four games, this is a definite win for Parker, even if you don't consider the final result.

Come on, Nash had 13 assists AND scored 29 points. Just because someone's been underachieving doesn't mean their performance is better than their opponent when they actual play to their potential. Hell, so you're saying if Paul Shirley of the Suns came in to face Duncan and scored 8 pts, and 8 rebounds, he would have outperformed a 28pt, 15 rebound performance? The only reason the Suns were in this game at all in the 4th was because of Nash. Stoudemire was on the bench when the Suns put together a 3rd quarter lead.

Why is it hard to believe that someone who isn't reveared as a defensive player is the NBA? He is the heart and soul of the Suns and them winning 62 games this year. Without them they were not a .500 club.

Duncan almost lost a quarter of the season--had he played more and been healthy he may have one MVP.

beirmeistr
05-22-2005, 06:48 PM
That was a bonehead play by Parker. He should have passed the ball immediately. He should know by now that either Ginobili or Barry should have the ball in the end game in case they are fouled.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-22-2005, 06:50 PM
He does the color comentating on the radio side for Phoenix.

I've got to think that'd be one of the worst radio broadcasts ever. Vinny's personality makes Rasho look like Jerry Seinfeld.

mookie2001
05-22-2005, 07:00 PM
phx got regulated on

Obstructed_View
05-22-2005, 07:21 PM
Come on, Nash had 13 assists AND scored 29 points. Just because someone's been underachieving doesn't mean their performance is better than their opponent when they actual play to their potential. Hell, so you're saying if Paul Shirley of the Suns came in to face Duncan and scored 8 pts, and 8 rebounds, he would have outperformed a 28pt, 15 rebound performance? The only reason the Suns were in this game at all in the 4th was because of Nash. Stoudemire was on the bench when the Suns put together a 3rd quarter lead.No, what I'm saying is that Parker has been playing terribly and Nash has been playing spectacularly. The fact that Parker played him even and didn't even play a very good game should scare the shit out of the Suns. I'm sure it's encouraging the Spurs. Your analogy makes no sense at all, because a big advantage the Suns have had thus far just got erased if it continues this way. Nash played great, but Parker's performance is a welcome surprise. Ask anybody on this board.

Why is it hard to believe that someone who isn't reveared as a defensive player is the NBA? He is the heart and soul of the Suns and them winning 62 games this year. Without them they were not a .500 club.Why is it hard to believe? For the same reason that you conveniently forget that the Suns also had Amare for a full season this year and added Q, who is a pretty good player, not to mention the fact that they have the coaching staff there for a complete season. Nash doesn't deserve all the credit, and you as a Suns fan should recognize that.

Duncan almost lost a quarter of the season--had he played more and been healthy he may have one MVP.That's the second time you've mentioned that. What does it have to do with anything? I never said Nash didn't deserve the award, at least not in this thread, and I printed a retraction during the Dallas series. I simply suggested Parker has a chance to have MVP for breakfast lunch and dinner the rest of this series if he so chooses. Nobody is going to take away his trophy, but parker might take some of the shine off it.

Catharsis
05-22-2005, 07:51 PM
No, what I'm saying is that Parker has been playing terribly and Nash has been playing spectacularly. The fact that Parker played him even and didn't even play a very good game should scare the shit out of the Suns. I'm sure it's encouraging the Spurs. Your analogy makes no sense at all, because a big advantage the Suns have had thus far just got erased if it continues this way. Nash played great, but Parker's performance is a welcome surprise. Ask anybody on this board.

Why is it hard to believe? For the same reason that you conveniently forget that the Suns also had Amare for a full season this year and added Q, who is a pretty good player, not to mention the fact that they have the coaching staff there for a complete season. Nash doesn't deserve all the credit, and you as a Suns fan should recognize that.

Uh, the Suns were something like 34-4 to start the season. Nash gets hurt and they proceed to not just lose the next several games, but lose badly. During the season Nash would go to the bench for rest and the team would fall apart. Acording to
www.82games.com (http://www.82games.com), the team clearly does better when Nash is on the court (+12.4) and falls apart when he's off the court (-2.6). They were 2-5 without him (2-6 if you count the first game he got hurt after playing only 10 minutes). Miami won without Shaq...San Antonio won without Duncan.

It should also be noted that Nash felt he didn't deserve all the credit either. Which id why he invited all of his teammates to the podium with him at the news conference where they announced he had won. But who was the last MVP to win the award with no support? I guess that's why it goes to a player on a winning team.

Catharsis
05-22-2005, 07:53 PM
I've got to think that'd be one of the worst radio broadcasts ever. Vinny's personality makes Rasho look like Jerry Seinfeld.

He's actually pretty good. I hated him in San Antonio--don't know why he couldn't cut his hair, but he brings a lot of insight into his analysis.

TwoHandJam
05-22-2005, 08:00 PM
You're right on some points Catharsis, such as Tony's boneheaded plays at the end of game but I'm not so sure Tony played such terrible defense. I think that letting Nash get his was part of the plan. I thought Tony did a good job of denying the pick and roll between Nash and Stoudamire (and others) which is usually his bread and butter. Unfortunately, Amare still got his in other ways but he got far less dunks off the p'n'r than I've seen him get in the other series.

Obstructed_View
05-22-2005, 08:01 PM
Uh, the Suns were something like 34-4 to start the season. Nash gets hurt and they proceed to not just lose the next several games, but lose badly. During the season Nash would go to the bench for rest and the team would fall apart. Acording to
www.82games.com (http://www.82games.com), the team clearly does better when Nash is on the court (+12.4) and falls apart when he's off the court (-2.6). They were 2-5 without him (2-6 if you count the first game he got hurt after playing only 10 minutes). Miami won without Shaq...San Antonio won without Duncan.

It should also be noted that Nash felt he didn't deserve all the credit either. Which id why he invited all of his teammates to the podium with him at the news conference where they announced he had won. But who was the last MVP to win the award with no support? I guess that's why it goes to a player on a winning team.
Good God, you try to have a conversation about Tony Parker finally having an encouraging performance, and it degenerates to this...

You just can't let this go, can you? "Uh", why don't you take your man-love for your MVP and go somewhere else? I just told you that I admitted Nash deserved the MVP, so why are you still arguing it? I don't give a crap about that stupid little pock-faced overrated Canadian, okay? Who gives a shit? I am way past caring about individual awards. Seriously, you can make yourself feel better by thinking about his MVP trophy while your team is watching the Finals on TV. It won't help. I speak from experience.

It should be noted that I don't give a shit that Nash won the MVP.

Did I mention that I don't care that he won MVP?

SpursFanDan
05-22-2005, 08:01 PM
sig

Catharsis
05-22-2005, 08:13 PM
Good God, you try to have a conversation about Tony Parker finally having an encouraging performance, and it degenerates to this...

You just can't let this go, can you? "Uh", why don't you take your man-love for your MVP and go somewhere else? I just told you that I admitted Nash deserved the MVP, so why are you still arguing it? I don't give a crap about that stupid little pock-faced overrated Canadian, okay? Who gives a shit? I am way past caring about individual awards. Seriously, you can make yourself feel better by thinking about his MVP trophy while your team is watching the Finals on TV. It won't help. I speak from experience.

It should be noted that I don't give a shit that Nash won the MVP.

Did I mention that I don't care that he won MVP?

Please, you replied to my post and I responded. Did Horry throw a towel in your face or something?

Obstructed_View
05-22-2005, 08:16 PM
Please, you replied to my post and I responded. Did Horry throw a towel in your face or something?
LOL. That's a priceless comeback, seriously. Very nicely done. :)

Catharsis
05-22-2005, 08:19 PM
Funny how you viewed it as a "come back." Seriously, what are you so pissed off about. Is it that I'm not a Spurs fan trying to have sports related conversations with those who has different views?

Obstructed_View
05-22-2005, 08:33 PM
Funny how you viewed it as a "come back." Seriously, what are you so pissed off about. Is it that I'm not a Spurs fan trying to have sports related conversations with those who has different views?
No, you misunderstood. I thought it was funny, and a clever way to diffuse the discussion, since it was obviously going nowhere. I was trying to be civil, hence the little happy face. Oh well. Do I have to say something angry back to you or can we just let this go?

I'd just as soon stop thinking about Steve Nash because I don't care about him, and I wasn't trying to insult him, I was trying to point out that Tony Parker is had a really good comeback game. If you look around here, it's been a big sore point for Spurs fans lately, and I'd like to enjoy talking him up instead of having to debate the merits of an award that I really could care less about.